Darkest moments in Kingdom Hearts?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by FallenHero15, Dec 30, 2011.

1. FallenHero15 Merlin's Housekeeper

Oh, I know. Days had me bawling, too. D:

Love your sig, by the way. Tim Curry is amazing.

2. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Riku's story in the original Kingdom Hearts kind of makes me feel depressed. and for the fact that he succumbed to the darkness makes it even darker.

Edit:

Hmmm...... Let's see.....
    • Terra, Aqua and Ven's stories in BbS
    • Riku being possessed by Ansem
    • Axel finishing off Vexen while he begs for mercy.
    • The same with Zexion except he was killed by the Riku Replica, who is ordered by Axel.
    I think that's about it. I would have thought a few more though, but I'm really not sure what other dark moments are there in the KH series..

3. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

BBS was easily the darkest game imo. Even the ending didn't end well for the protagonists like it did with past games.

4. Nowaki Destiny Islands Resident

BBS was kinda dark. Terras whole story was very sad and also how Aqua ended up in the final episode and the pain that occoured to Ven.

Of course Days was also very sad, but not that "dark" I think. There's a difference between sadness and darkness in my opinion.
    Though, Xions Death was the saddest thing in the whole series.

There are everywhere dark plots in KH, I can't choose a favourite one, but I like it that way. I like the whole sadness and darkness within Kingdom Hearts

5. A Zebra Chaser

The moment when Sora walks into the Hidden Place o Destiny Islands
    I couldn't see a thing!

6. Cloud4012 Gummi Ship Junkie

I'd have to say Aqua being trapped in the world of darkness and xion fading away

7. Cutsceneaddict Traverse Town Homebody

RE: Chain of Memories was the darkest game to me. I thought Zexion's death was pretty dark--even sinister. Vexen begs for mercy and is destroyed anyway. Replica Riku fades away, after asking whether his heart will continue living or if he will just cease to exist. All-in-all, the game had an oppressive feel to it, perhaps because of the confining castle and the eerie music. It's got one of my favorite storylines, but it's easily the darkest game in the series.

Other moments that come to mind are the endings of Birth By Sleep--all sad. Vanitas added a lot of darker aspects to the game as well. Threatening to "choke the life out of Terra and Aqua" is easily the darkest threat yet to be uttered in a Kingdom Hearts game.

And, of course, Xion's death. That was just depressing.

8. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Surprisingly, there are a number of dark moments throughout the series.

The worst game in terms of dark-ish plot had to be CoM, with BbS at a close second. The killing off of Org XIII members was pretty dark in and of itself, and Sora even loses it with Vexen. But during Reverse/Rebirth, Riku just has a good time killing off Nobodies without a care in the world (minus Ansem SoD of course). The Riku/Repliku conflict dove into the issue of puppets versus the original people, which also came up in Days, but that wasn't the absolute worst thing in the game.
    Birth By Sleep was more of a reality check for fans of the series. It basically stated, "HEY, not every protagonist's story ends on an island with their friends." It didn't have a dark plot per se, but the overall ending for each character was quite brutal.

9. Roxas-Ventus Destiny Islands Resident

The darkest moment is when sora gets shot in the face in port royal if you fail a reaction command
    I'm sorry

10. Zeroxys Twilight Town Denizen

The darkest moment for me is in KH1 after you beat Ansem while hes attached to the boat thing the first time and Sora is fading into darkness & he hears Rikus voice, then goes and rescues donald and goofy :)

11. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Aqua's entire plot line.

She goes out to bring her friends back, promising her master, the one person in the world who she completely trusts and wants to show she is worthy of her title, that she will bring them back safe and that Terra will refuse the light and become a master too.

Not only does she fail, but Master Eraqus dies, Terra's body gets stolen, his heart is who knows where, Ven goes comatose, his heart is missing too, and then she gets stuck in the Realm of Darkness for years on end and the only reason she didn't give up hope and die is because her friends' Keyblades came to her rescue. And the thing is, she has to carry this burden, knowing that she failed her master and that her friends are missing. Terra is being body snatched, Ven is frellin' comatose, so she is the only one left to remember this. She can't share the burden either because she's stuck in the Realm of Darkness and there aren't really a lot of people in there to talk to.

12. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

Agree with BBS and COM they were made to be dark, because before playing them we already knew that it would all go wrong (as we have seen before in other games) so that we had things to do in the other games... I think the only thing that makes COM worse is that is kinda impossible to save Xion...
    I can see Terra being saved, Aqua (is alive and well if only she finds a door to light), Ventus (His heart must be healed by now, If Riku or Sora finds his body they will be probably able to awake him after what they gained at 3D). Even Vanitas/Roxas I can see them being "saved" by becoming parts of Ventus, but Xion isn't anything to begin with, she doesn't have a heart, a body, soul... The only thing that could hapen to her is Sora remember her memories.

I was also sad about the Organization XIII members at the end of KH II (mainly Axel), but after that we learned that all them are back to life , and whole as they wished to be so no point being sad over them.

13. cstar stay away from my waifu

I personally feel that the whole scene in Dream Drop Distance where they put Sora into that sleep to turn him into the 13th darkness was really dark in my opinion. The entirety of Birth by Sleep was a pretty dark game though too... I mean... at least Sora and Riku woke up in DDD... Aqua, Terra, and Ven just... I find their stories more tragic than dark...

14. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

I found the KH2 scene in which Kingdom Heart explodes and the nobodies try to take hearts very sad

15. Antidote Façade

Eh, BbS as a whole, really. Aqua is just a concubine to darkness and misfortune. And Ven being used as a tool and having his life controlled as if he were nothing. ;-;

I used to think the whole Nobody thing was dark and all, like the members who 'died' in Castle Oblivion and Axel, but after learning that they were reborn as their human selves and the fact that they later decided to announce the revelation that Nobodies could actually grow hearts just sort of ruined it for me. It's quite ridiculous now.

16. 61 No. B

CoM is the closest thing to a "dark" story any of the games have.

17. A Zebra Chaser

This seems obligatory at this point

18. 61 No. B

Saying darkness over and over does not make your story thematically dark. Neither does having your character giving into some abstract quality called darkness.

19. A Zebra Chaser

Sure it does! Just like how Xion committing suicide makes her a GREAT character!
    The ice cream represents friendship and light within the darkness of all worlds!

20. 61 No. B

Well that's different, Roxas asking her as she's dying in his arms who he's going to share snacks with is without a doubt one of the most emotionally profound lines in all of fiction, and immediately gives a new layer of depth to the game.