Traditional Art dahlia-petals art..

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by dahlia-petals, Apr 2, 2012.

1. dahlia-petals Merlin's Housekeeper

2. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Woah, you drew these? That is amazing. The reflection off the leather in the second drawing is really accurate and makes it look very realistic. You have the colours of his skin and the shading spot on and the lighting works even if it is a bit in your face (although, that does work). You have the anatomy well done, his shoulders show a good width in comparison to his head as with the rest of his body.

The main point of critique I can pick up on is his right eye seems to be a bit too dark, I know the eye socket is quite a dark place but I think some aspect of the eye should show through. Or his cheek should have a larger shadow.

The colours in the Marluxia one are just lovely- the whites, reds, pinks and purples go well with Marly's persona and the detail and lighting you have on the hair is done so well. I wish I could draw hair like that. The placement is also pleasing to the eye.

The main thing I can pick up on would be the eye, in anime they do have their eyes over their hair but this drawing seems more realistic than manga style so it just seems a bit odd. However, it's nothing major.

Well done, these pieces are lovely. Keep it up!

3. dahlia-petals Merlin's Housekeeper

thank you. <3
    i think showing some of the eye on the lee seung hyun drawing would make it better too now that you have mentioned it.
    i tried to draw mangas style but it doesn't look very mangas style does it..? )^'= i don't understand how to make art with lines/outlines yet.
    do you have a good guide for actual drawing with lines?
    thank you for your help!

4. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Well, I learnt through tracing and then just looking at manga and copying it. Although, I also found this guy called Mark Crilley really useful. He has videos for each aspect of manga which he explains in clear detail, he's definitely worth a watch. Otherwise it just comes through watchnig and practise. Although, your perception of shading and colour is brilliant.

5. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

Hey lovely! Ohmymymymymy. These are so gorgeous.
    When you said that you drew the one in your avatar I flipped. And I checked on the art threads and luckily, you posted such lovely art here.

I don't find much wrong with your pieces. I love the lighting effects and where the light hits is pretty accurate and not confusing, you have a good concept of anatomy, I love how you chose the colors, the style is just amazing and overall it's very nice to look at.
    I do have to say that something, I can't quite put my finger on it, throws me off a bit. I think it's on the second photo, the darker one. There's something about the character's anatomy that just seems odd to me. I'm sure it's nothing huge I still love looking at it but yeah, just practice a little more on anatomy. Just a tad~

But golly, this is absolutely amazing. I expect to see more outstanding works from you <3
    Oh, and you have earned yourself a new watcher on dA c;

6. dahlia-petals Merlin's Housekeeper

yes i haven't practiced anatomy formally.
    i need to redraw lee seung hyun. my artwork, because i am new, is very hit or miss it seems at this moment. )^=
    there are sometimes that i just throw colors down and they work but at the end i need to practice actual drawing techniques..
    so that i can make what i want whenever i want without worrying. @}--
    a guide on anatomy would be brilliant. i may purchase a few art books since i have learned that i like to do art.

7. Vexen<3 Merlin's Housekeeper

I love your art, Mar mar <3. It's good for an eleven year old. *pokes fun* XD I think of them all I like Lee Seung Hyun the best. I like darker pictures. But I like the newest one too for the contest you'll never get to enter cause your family dragged you away~ The skin you draw looks so realistic in it >_>;;;