~Crossover Cove~

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Droid, Jan 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinekaboo Chaser

The Temporal Tower

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

"Kamina...!"
    "N-no...!"
    "Kamina! Kamina, respond! Answer me, damn it!"
    "Hold it together! Do you hear me? Everyone, just hold it together!"
    "There's no chance... without Kamina... there's just no chance..."
    Voices continued to speak over each other constantly. There was no making sense of any of what had happened.
    "But... we won... didn't we...? I thought... we'd beat the enemy... so why is this happening...?" Shinji muttered to himself, his eyes wide in shock and fear. "This... this isn't right. This is another nightmare, isn't it? This isn't right!"
    "Bro!!"
    "Don't lose hope! We've overcome a huge challenge together already! We can win this too!"
    "There is no winning this! Kamina is dead!"
    "Even so--!"
    They were cut off by the loud screaming of Simon once again. This time, there were no words; simply despair, as the Lagann, no longer attached to Zen, attempted to charge Sovereign while surrounded in a violent, surging green energy. Pulling out its drill, Lagann leaped into the air and threw itself down, attempting to drill through the Tower. Huge orange hands grabbed hold of the little machine at the last second, however, preventing it from making the suicidal move as Gunleon pulled it away.
    "Simon, what're you doing?! You can't rush that thing alone!" Rand yelled, stepping backwards just fast enough to avoid being melted down by a stream of Reaper fire that brushed over the ground where Lagann had been about to dive. "You're just going to get yourself killed too!"
    "I don't care!" Simon roared back, Lagann struggling wildly against its grip, causing Gunleon to lurch. "Bro is dead! I have to-- I have to--!"
    "Simon, come in! Pull yourself together!" Leeron cried, not wanting to see another member of Dai-Gurren die.
    The ground was alight with the remnants of the hell Sovereign was unleashing upon all of ZEXIS. It was all they could do to avoid being melted alive by each shot. And with it being at the top of the massive Temporal Tower, there was simply no way up there without being torched.

2. Hiro ✩ Guardian

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Mike said out loud. "Did you see that!? We gotta do something!" He took out his samurizer, ready to morph and go assist team Dai-Gurren.

"Mike no!" Emily said, holding onto him.

"Mike, stand down!" Lauren said, not wanting to see a member of her team fall as well.

"Lauren, we can't just sit here and let this-"

"Listen to me. He was more suited to face those things than we are. Even if there's six of us... I don't think we're capable of doing this. And it's not that I don't believe in you. It's that I don't want to lose you all." Lauren swallowed a lump in her throat. "Mike, please put down your samurizer."

Mike looked around at his friends and the Wonderful Ones. It would be more selfish of him to leave them all behind. Especially Emily, who clung to his arm right now. She was younger than all of them, so it was understandable she was the most frightened.

"...Alright. But promise me that we can pay this monster back for what he did."

Lauren simply nodded.

3. Lite The Future

OOC: Warning: This post is the longest thing ever. That is all.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    BGM

Things were clearly not getting better. Not in the slightest. Kamina was undoubtedly...out of commission, and the massive Reaper atop the tower was still staring the group down, now even going so far as to be firing it's hellfire-esque beams down upon any ZEXIS member that tried to approach.

Finally regaining his strength, Ryoma surprisingly responded to Madoka's question.
    "You're right. He...He wouldn't want that." Ryoma began, no emotion in his voice whatsoever. "But...What choice do we have now?"
    "Ryoma..."

There was silence for a moment, before something appeared on Shin Getter's radar system. Ryoma didn't bother to look. Hayato, however, was surprised and confused at what he saw.
    "This is...Getter Rays!" He exclaimed. This got Ryoma's attention, prompting him to look at his the radar in his own cockpit.
    "There's so many of them...And they're getting close." Ryoma pointed out, some emotion returning to his tone.
    The amount of readings began to increase in number as they drew closer.
    Suddenly, a massive Getter Energy signature was detected behind the numerous smaller ones.
    "Ryoma, that must be the source. We need to-" Hayato was cut off suddenly, as a pink beam flew towards them, Shin Getter dodging with minimal effort.
    Shin Getter looked upward toward the source. It was met with a sight that Ryoma and Hayato (and even Musashi) would be shocked by.
    "That's...!"
    "Getter Robo G!"
    The attacker, apparently known as Getter Robo G, in it's Getter Dragon formation, was not alone. It was backed up by countless other Getter G's, each one staring ZEXIS down as they approached.
    Soon enough, the mourning army was surrounded by the identical Getters. However, it seemed as if they were not on the same side as the monstrous Reaper that sat atop the Temporal Tower, as it began focusing it's fire on the Getter G's as well as ZEXIS.
    "This is getting out of hand. We need to find the source of these Getters and and stop any more of them from attacking us." Hayato stated.
    Without a word, Ryoma sent Shin Getter skyward, above the army of Getters and even the Reaper before flying at top speed toward the massive Getter Ray signature.
    "Are you just going to leave the rest of ZEXIS back there without us!?" Hayato asked.
    "They can handle themselves." Ryoma responded bluntly.

Just then, Ryoma caught sight of a white building-like structure with an opened roof. In the opening was a trio of pods filled with green liquid, and an old man standing on top of them.
    "Now we will atone for our sins!" Called the old man to nobody in particular. Ryoma's and Hayato's eyes widened, as they knew exactly who this old man was.
    "This is impossible!"
    "...You son of a bitch."
    "Yes! Foolish people who tried to trifle with Getter Rays as a source of infinite energy, without even trying to understand it's true nature! Not only them, but anyone among any world who foolishly attempted to harness an unknown energy for their own selfish desires! Come! Confess your sins on the last dawn of this world!" The old man concluded, laughing maniacally.
    "Shut up!" Ryoma called, Shin Getter charging at the old man. "And take your own damn advice!"
    "Ryoma!" The old man replied.
    Shin Getter landed just in front of the structure the old man stood on, several Getter G's ready to attack it.
    "It's been a while...Professor Saotome!" Ryoma said aloud, his emotions now overflowing with anger. "I don't know how the hell you managed to come back to life, but I'll make damn sure you stay dead this time!" Ryoma finished as Shin Getter took out one of it's large Tomahawks.
    It began to mercilessly cut away at the surrounding Getter G's, Ryoma crying out the entire time.
    "Stop!" Saotome yelled. "For your own sake, stop this now!"
    "Yeah? And why should I?"
    Saotome chuckled to himself slightly.
    "Before that, I must give you due praise for managing to stay alive this long on a foreign world and for managing to find me, Traitor!"
    "Can it! Don't think I've forgotten what you were plotting to do with Getter Rays!" Ryoma said, pointing Shin Getter's tomahawk toward Saotome.
    "And besides, You shouldn't be here. You've gotta die regardless. I'll make sure to do it with my own hands this time!"
    Saotome lowered his head for a moment.
    "Hm. Is that what you said before you murdered my dear Michiru?"
    Both Ryoma and Hayato were shaken by Saotome's question.
    "Rrrgh! SHUT UP!" Ryoma cried out, letting loose a huge swing with his tomahawk, wiping out several Getter G's in one slice. He following this up by running Shin Getter into the thick of a Getter G horde, cutting them all down with the blades coming from Shin Getter's arms. Finally, as another horde charged Shin Getter head on, Ryoma cried out his Getter's signature attack:
    "GETTAAAAA BEEEAAAAAM!"
    The powerful beam melted the on-coming Getters in seconds, showing off Shin Getter's huge difference in power between it and the G's.
    A seat and controls then appeared in front of the platform Saotome stood on. Walking to it and taking a seat, he then pushed a handle forward, prompting a new set of Getter machines to emerge from underground. They were again Getter G's, but instead they were in their Getter Liger formation (middle blue machine). The Getter Ligers poured from underground en masse, attempting to constrict Shin Getter's movements by latching on to it.
    "Not happening! BATTLE WIIIIING!" Ryoma called out, Shin Getter's wings wrapping around the machine in a deadly purple tornado that tore the attacking Ligers to shreds.
    Immediately after, Shin Getter charged toward Saotome, swinging the tomahawk directly at him and the pods beneath him. The tomahawk stopped short, however, as some unseen force was holding it back.
    Ryoma didn't bother to question what it was, instead letting out a powerful yell as he pushed harder and harder.
    Saotome was mere centimeters from the sharp blade of the Getter Tomahawk, his arms outstretched to the left and right of him as a strange green energy protected him from the attack.
    "Dammit! Why won't you just die already!?" Ryoma yelled.
    Laughing, Saotome spoke up.
    "You really don't understand anything, you fool!" He began. "Listen to me carefully, Ryoma! You too, Hayato!"
    Hayato was somewhat surprised Saotome knew he was there, as he'd said nothing to him before now.
    "What stands behind me is what everyone who was involved with Getter Ray research has dreamed of! We have to take fate onto our shoulders! If I stand down here, all of that would be for naught!"
    One of the green windows on Shin Getter's head opened up, allowing Ryoma to hang out of his cockpit. Taking a black handgun from the holster on his side, Ryoma pointed it at Saotome.
    "Shut up! Now you listen to me! I don't give a damn about you or any other crack pot scientist you worked with! I care even less about that stupid capsule! I just want to kill you, the one who tore our team apart!" Ryoma said, angered.
    His grip on the gun tightened.
    "And when I'm done with you, Hayato's next!"
    "You can't do that." Said a foreign voice into the minds of Ryoma, Hayato and Saotome. Each of them instantly turned their attention to the capsules that were being protected by Saotome, as if by instinct.
    A body was inside the capsule, that began to move slightly, implying the voice was coming from that body.
    "You can't do that...because..."
    Before the voice could finish, a blinding green light began to explode from the capsule, shooting directly into the sky. The light seemed to catch the attention of not only ZEXIS, but the Reaper that sat atop the Temporal Tower.
    Seconds after the light emerged, mechanical tendrils emerged from the ground, moving on their own toward a spot next to the structure that the capsule sat upon.
    "What the!? What's going on?"
    Just then, every single one of the Getter G machines reverted to their jet forms, all flying to the same point that the mechanical tendrils were going to.
    "The Getter Machines...!"
    "They're all going to the same spot...What are they doing?" Hayato thought.
    "What the hell is going on!?"
    And then, it became visible. All of the Getter G jets were combining with each other. All of the Dragon jets stuck together, as did the Liger and Poseidon jets. Within seconds, a giant monstrous form was being created from the combining jets.
    The size of the form continued to widen as more jets combined, quickly engulfing Shin Getter.
    "Shit! Open Get!"
    Shin Getter attempted to split apart, just barely escaping being consumed. Flying not far from the forming beast, Ryoma and Hayato watched in awe.
    Just then, Ryoma saw a familiar face within the formation, that of Getter Robo G's Dragon form, although it was much bigger than normal.
    "Dragon!?"
    Hayato caught sight of one as well, this one being Getter Liger's.
    "Liger!?"
    And finally, all the way back in the Dai-Gurren, Musashi was able to see the massive formation. He also caught sight of a familiar mechanical face.
    "P-Poseidon!?"
    The giant monstrous machine was nearing it's completion. Saotome stood proudly next to the monster, still in front of the capsule.
    "Do you see now, Ryoma? This is the being that will bring about Armageddon! It's name is..."
    Cutting Saotome off, the one inside the capsule finally emerged from it.
    His hair was a dark green and his body below his neck was entirely red.
    Running to the very edge of the structure, the young man finally spoke aloud.

[​IMG]

CHAAAAAAAAAAANGE!
    GETTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
    SHIN!
    DRAAAGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!
    Go's scream was followed by the formation finally completing, the beast's face and name finally being revealed.
    "Shin...Dragon!?"
    "All of those Getters...Have they always been capable of this?"
    Shin Getter re-formed into Getter 1, Ryoma assuming they were at a safe distance.
    Before even a moment's peace could be had, Shin Getter was pinned down by an unseen Getter Dragon that hadn't combined with Shin Dragon.
    "You really are no less dangerous than you were before, Ryoma." Said Saotome's voice, confirming his position in the cockpit of this particular Getter.
    "On the other hand, it's painfully easy to predict your next move!" Saotome continued, the gem on Getter Dragon's forehead lighting up, signifying that it was about to fire a beam.
    "Open Get!" Called Hayato, taking over and splitting the machine again.
    "Change! Getter 2!"
    With Getter 2 formed away from Saotome's Getter Dragon, Hayato fired a Drill Missile at the opposing Getter. It didn't pierce the machine's head, but it knocked it to the side, causing the beam to misfire and hit something in the distance.
    "Hayato! It's about time you participated."
    "You...How are you alive?"
    "Heh. You can't really be expecting me to give you that answer so easily-" Saotome's response was cut short when the ear-piercing sound of a giant laser being fired was heard. The laser's source was the Reaper on the Temporal Tower. It's target: Shin Dragon.
    Shin Dragon took the full force of the hit, taking considerable damage.
    "No! I will not allow Shin Dragon to be destroyed!" Saotome said, attempting to retreat, only to be stopped by the sudden emergence of long arms from underground that wrapped around his Getter Machine.
    "What!?"
    "That's Getter 3's arms!"
    Immediately after binding Saotome's Getter Dragon, Getter 3 emerged from the ground, tightening it's grip.
    "Getter 3! But how?"
    "Damn it all! I should have ended those two from the start!"
    "Haven't you done enough, Doc? It's like you said, Shin Dragon's gonna bring on Armageddon. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I like my world nice and un-ended."
    "Musashi!"
    "Don't worry, guys! I've got 'im!"
    Saotome struggled, an air of despair in his voice.
    "Ryoma! I know you've got no reason to do anything for me, but I've got one request: Defeat that mechanical beast sitting on top of that tower. But take Go with you. Have him serve as Shin Getter 3's pilot."
    "Sorry, old man. We've already got a pilot for Shin Getter 3, and it's Musashi."
    Musashi cut in.
    "Do as he says, Ryoma."
    Ryoma was not having any of that.
    "Are you insane!? You want me to help the guy on the old man's side!?"
    "We don't know who's side he's on! I agree that Doc's gotta die again, but that kid just came outta that capsule not even ten minutes ago. Give him a chance to show what he's fightin' for!"
    "Damn it..."
    "He's right, Ryoma. And besides, ZEXIS needs us. Shin Dragon is damaged and Musashi can easily handle the professor on his own with Getter 3."
    Ryoma was silent for a moment.
    "Fine. Musashi, make sure you leave the old geezer alive long enough for me to tear his heart out." Ryoma said as Shin Getter, using it's current form's speed, made it's way to Go, splitting apart it's form so Go could enter the empty Getter Machine.
    "Listen up, kid. Get in the-"
    "I know." Go said, interrupting.
    Ryoma growled in response.
    "This little punk better be worth helping." Ryoma mumbled.
    Go entered the third Getter Machine, taking a seat in the cockpit.
    "Ready."
    "Then let's go. Ryoma, you know what to do."
    "...Right..."
    Shin Getter 1 was formed once again, before flying back toward ZEXIS and their fight against Sovereign.

Would Go be a worthy ally of the Getter Team? Or would he betray them and serve the revived Professor Saotome? Only time will tell, it seems.

OOC: many thanks to Dark for allowing me to control Go in this post. It really helped. c:

4. Pinekaboo Chaser

The Temporal Tower

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Even among the chaos, it felt quiet. So very quiet. Like ZEXIS's spirit had died with Kamina.
    Ah... but that's exactly what he was to most of them. The spirit that drove Team Dai-Gurren forward. Even Zero felt shaken by the man's death, despite not favouring the man in any way.
    Then, a voice.
    A single voice called out from ZEXIS, as a great fist rose up, faster than any bullet or missile.

"MUGEN PAAANCHI!" Apollo roared out, as the fist went higher and higher, passing the top of the Tower, passing Sovereign, and stopping dead several hundred feet above before the fist opened, releasing a small pink-haired figure, which flew into the air at equal speed before suddenly changing direction and coming down towards the Reaper, leg outstretched.
    "INAZUMA KIIIIIIICK!!" Nono called, as her entire body became enveloped in flames from the pressure of the attack.
    It was useless. She struck the kinetic barrier of the massive machine and was launched back, some of her artificial skin shattering from the force of the impact as she began to fall, only to be caught by the lightning-fast Guren's left arm,
    while its right gripped onto the barrier and forced as much radiation into that point as it could.
    Nothing was having enough of an effect.
    Simon began to renew his struggle, desperate to rejoin the fight. He flailed and fought... and then stopped. Simon flopped forward, no energy left in him, and began to tear up.
    "It's no use... I can't do anything... there's just... there's just nothing I can do now." he cried.
    And then another voice called out. One that nobody could have imagined.

"SIMON! LET'S SEE YOU GRIT THOSE TEETH!"
    His head flew up. Had he heard things? Was he losing it for real?
    Before Simon could react, the severed arm of Gurren struck Lagann directly, knocking it up out of Gunleon's hands, landing on the much bigger mecha's shoulder instead.
    The monitors switched on automatically in response to the contact. And there, amidst the flaming ruins of the ground that it had stood open when hit, stood Gurren.
    Simon pulled himself back into his seat as his eyes lit up.
    "Bro?! You're alive!!"

"Listen. Just who the hell do you think you are, Simon?" Kamina grunted from inside Gurren, which now stood pointing at the heavens as Kamina always did.
    "Your drill is the drill... that's gonna bust through Heaven and Earth and even tomorrow. What're you sitting around here dawdling for? We can win, kid! That behemoth isn't anything to us now. With Team Dai-Gurren and ZEXIS behind you, you don't have to worry about anything!"

With tears still in his eyes, Simon's strength returned to him. He smiled, gripping the controls with a nod.
    "Right bro!"
    The gauges on Lagann filled instantly. Simon's power levels were almost off the charts, as the head-machine stood up and leaped back down Gunleon onto its hand and then

"Dai-Gurren! Ptolemy! Dearche! Ikaruga! Concentrate fire on the center of the tracking device we used on this Reaper before!" Zero's voice called out, as all three battleships and the dark king readied themselves. "Fire on Chief Taiga's mark!"
    The image of Kotaro became projected on every screen, as the man thrust his finger forward, pointing directly as Sovereign as he called out.
    "ALL HANDS FIRE!!!"

Heavy mortar. GN lasers. Juggernaut. Hadron Cannons. All four impacted Sovereign at once, and the combined shot worked! The barriers were torn through like before, and visible damage had been done to the Reaper's body, before it fired back, narrowly avoiding utterly annihilating the Ikaruga if not for a sudden lurch as another Mugen Punch struck the leg of the enemy machine.
    "Simon. Come on. Let's send this clown packin'."
    "Huh?" Simon replied, confused.
    "Let's combine. We'll use Gurren-Lagann to finish up this last mission!"
    "Got it bro! I'm with you!"
    Launching from Gunleon, Lagann skidded along the ground, scooping up Gurren's fallen limb and sunglasses and launching them back, before transforming into drill mode as their gauges both filled to absolute maximum.

"NOW LET'S DO IT!" Kamina called out, as Lagann slammed into the top of Gurren and both began to transform, breaking the damaged parts of Gurren further before connecting them back together flawlessly as though the machine had never once been touched. Every scratch healed, the broken limb returned to place, and the tear through the back of the cockpit sealed itself as though stating the same defiance that Kamina now voiced as Gurren-Lagann emerged from the light.
    "We brawlers are sustained by willpower, even when mocked as reckless and crazy!

"If there's a wall in our way then we smash it down! If there isn't a path then we carve one ourselves!!"
    "
    THE MAGMA OF OUR SOULS BURNS WITH A MIGHTY FLAME!! EVERLASTING COMBINING GURREN LAGANN!!!"
    "JUST WHO--!!"
    "-IN THE HELL-!!"
    "-DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!"
    The energy spilling forth from Gurren-Lagann ripped through the ground, running up the Temporal Tower, and detonating at the top, sending Sovereign forwards and off of it, forced to come down and fight from level ground like everyone else. As it came down, the legs opened, all five of them pointed towards Kamina and Simon, as red lights charged in each.
    "EAT THIS, CANNON-FODDER!" Kamina roared out in return, as the combined mecha's entire body lit up with glowing green energy, drills emerging from every opening, launching out and piercing each of the legs and overloading every circuit with the energy burning within the brothers, causing the legs to crack and tear, small explosions being seen all over its body in response.
    A beam of red launched towards Gurren-Lagann from the 'mouth' of the Reaper, looking as though it would tear the machine in half, before being stopped with a single energy-covered hand.
    "YOU'LL HAVE TO DO BETTER THAN THAT!!" he called out again, dispersing it harmlessly around him before looking to Simon on his screen.
    "Listen Simon; Never forget. Just believe in yourself... Not in the Simon I believe in. Not in the Kamina that you believe in. Have faith in the Simon... that believes in you."

"Bro? What are you--?"
    "CERTAIN KIIIIIIIILL!!" he interrupted, ejecting the shades from Gurren-Lagann's face as the spiral gauge filled even further once again, going beyond maximum and reaching the unreachable heights of infinite. The shades shattered, transforming into ten duplicates of itself, a pair of them stabbing through the legs of the Reaper, which was now attempting to get away, pinning the legs in place and forcing it to stay.
    This would be it. The spiral legacy that would remain for generations to come. The one thing Kamina could leave behind him, knowing that with this, the battle would be won. Not just now, but in the future, the future that was now entrusted to Simon and his friends.

"GIGA...!"
    The hands, still Full Drillized from before, raised, energy building in its wrist.
    "DORILLU...!!"
    The energy burst forth, becoming a drill twice, no, three times the size of the machine holding it. Bigger than any that had come before it. It lowered, being aimed directly up Sovereign. Kamina would make this thing hurt.
    "BURIIIIEEEEEEKAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"
    The drill spun, spiraling, so fast that it began to pull them forward, energy spilling from behind them like a jet turbine. It collided with the Reaper, tearing through it like soaked paper, Gurren-Lagann emerging from the other side in less than a second with a huge hole left behind it. It landed as Sovereign began to spark and explode, being silhouetted as the Old Machine detonated several times, before ceasing to exist, tiny fragments of it disintegrating all around them, the shades returning to them and clipping back on as the red mecha rested, now drill-less.

Cheers could be heard from every direction, even over the sound of the explosion still ringing.
    They had done it.
    Sovereign was gone. For good. Destroyed utterly.
    So why did Simon feel a sense of foreboding?

"Later... buddy..."
    "...huh? What was that, Bro?"

"...Bro?"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  5. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Everything seemed like a blur now, but the memory that remained would stay in their broken hearts forever, clear in the souls of every Zexis and Dai-Gurren Member present.
    The rain pounded mercilessly upon all of them and each of the mecha in the area, resembling tears from the many glowing eyes from the giant robotic faces. ...Tears that resembled the ones being shed by the pilots of those mecha.

Nobody had been able to believe what had happened. Kamina back from the dead, and yet the man was a man who achieved the impossible time and time again. It had been easy to believe.
    The two brothers had inspired an impossible passion within the group, something that motivated everyone to keep fighting, and keep fighting they had.
    Right up until the last moment.

Mina had just looked on with shock and tears at the edge of her eyes as her relieved heart cried out in joy that Kamina was STILL alive. The awe inspiring feat Kamina pulled off next had set ablaze a new resolution in not just her heart, but the hearts of everyone. That one massive drill being the legacy for all of the Team to follow behind forevermore.
    Sovereign had been defeated. By the man everyone had believed in. It was just... incredible.

And then...

The rain came, and now Mina, outside of Kokuren, and alongside everyone else just stared into the cockpit of the crying Gurren Lagann.
    Inside, the great man they had all followed was this time, truly dead, a gentle and peaceful smile upon his face revealing to all that he had finished what he had set out to do. That he had been able to go on his own terms.

...It was somewhat comforting, but at the same time there was just a horrible void within all of their hearts.

Everyone cried openly.
    Simon on his hands and knees just screamed out in anguish, but Mina in her own stupor couldn't hear any of it.
    Simone stood next to her, just looking at the dead man in the cockpit, and then down to her 'brother' on the floor. She wanted to go to him and do anything to comfort him, but... she just couldn't. As much as she wanted to, her feet couldn't take those few steps forward. It was because she knew... NOTHING COULD comfort him. She knew that probably better than anyone here.

Mina looked at the man who was the other part of her, and then at last tore her gaze away and up to the sky letting her tears mingle with that of the rain drops. She spoke to the man one last time with words deep from her heart knowing that he'd probably be looking down on them right now and asking them why they were still standing around.

His final moments just cycled on repeat in her mind again and again. The greatness he had been able to achieve even when in the embrace of death itself. Kamina: The Man Who Had Achieved The Impossible.

"...heh. How am I meant to catch up to that, you jerk."

6. Lite The Future

ZEXIS cheered in unison as their victory was assured with the spectacular Giga Drill Breaker attack. They'd won! They'd survived this Reaper's attack. Not only that but even Kamina miraculously had come back from what seemed like certain death. As the cheers died down, everyone exited their machines to congratulate the blood brothers on their victory on a more personal level.

And then...the rain began to fall. As the sky's teardrops fell upon them all, ZEXIS could only drop tears of their own.

For on that day...They lost something that could never be replaced.

Kittan, Rossiu, Kidd, Iraak, Dayakka and all of Team Dai-Gurren's original members tears flowed with the most sadness. The very embodiment of Team Dai-Gurren itself was gone. Yoko took it especially hard, her eyes wide with disbelief as tears flowed down her face, staring at Kamina's bloodied, lifeless body. Of course, it went without saying that Simon was the most broken by this death, as he was down on his knees crying out over the loss of his blood brother.

Ryoma, Hayato and Go approached the scene, having been among the last to arrive. Go was completely emotionless, as he had no idea who any of the people that surrounded him were. Hayato was surprisingly hit hard by this, his head lowered in sadness and mourning.

Ryoma, however, did not accept this. He couldn't.
    "You...You..." He choked out as he began speaking, his head also lowered to hide his face.
    Hiding his face quickly became unimportant to Ryoma as he looked straight at Kamina, tears running down his face, and pure rage in his eyes.
    "You think this is some kind of a damn joke!? You think it's funny to make us think you're okay and then go and die anyway!?" He yelled with pure white-hot anger.
    Obviously, he got no response, which only angered him more.
    "Answer me! ANSWER ME, GODDAMMIT!" He screamed as he tried to approach Gurren's open cockpit and punch Kamina, only to be forcibly held back by Hayato.
    "Ryoma! You need to calm down!"
    Breaking Hayato's hold, Ryoma turned to him, fist raised.
    "DON'T ****ING TOUCH ME!" Ryoma yelled before throwing a powerful punch at Hayato's face. It connected with so much force that Hayato flew back a few feet, landing on his back. Blood ran down his face from his nose, which was likely broken from the punch.
    Ryoma's fist was red on the knuckles from Hayato's blood, his arm still outstretched and trembling.
    Falling to his knees, Ryoma slammed his bloody fist into the ground, the tears now falling from his face to the dirt below him.
    Sitting up with his hand covering his nose, Hayato watched as Ryoma weeped on his knees. It was shocking to Hayato. Not once in his life had he ever seen Ryoma this sad...this broken.
    "Selfish...bastard..."

7. Pinekaboo Chaser

The Temporal Tower

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Rain & Tear

His eyes hidden from view by his long hair, slicked down from the heavy rainfall, Guy stepped forward towards Gurren. Several near him looked in slight surprise and offense that he would disrespect the leader of Team Dai-Gurren like this right now without even saying a word. But Shinji was the first to speak out.
    "What are you doing?" he asked him, accusation in his voice. "Kamina is-"
    "He knows that, son." Gendo said suddenly, resting his hand on Shinji's shoulder, cutting him off. "He knows."
    Looking up at his father, Shinji noticed that his face was oddly serious. Uncharacteristically so. And were it not for the heavy rain, he would also have noticed the hidden tears falling from his eyes as he watched silently.

"Then why...? Why isn't he letting everyone--"
    "...because-"
    "Because this fight ain't over yet." Rand finished, following Guy into Gurren sadly. "Here. Let me give ya a hand..."
    Together, the two lifted Kamina's body out of the chair. Quietly thanking Rand, Guy took the body himself, carrying him respectfully out of the Gunman in both arms, and taking him to the Dai-Gurren for now, until they had time to give him a proper burial.

To one side, Noriko stood with Genome, watching everything. From her position, one person stood out more than the others: Simon. He carried himself pathetically. It was as though he wasn't a person anymore. Hollow. A husk of a boy.
    "Noriko! Take care of Simon for me, ya got that? I'm trusting you with the one person that means more to me than life itself!"
    She didn't have a choice. Gurren-Lagann was still clearly capable of fighting as it was, but Simon? In his state he wouldn't be able to do anything with it.
    "Genome, ...I--" she began, only to find herself unable to finish.

"I know." Genome said quietly, nodding even as he continued to cry. "I can pilot Lazengann by myself. Don't... Don't worry about me."
    She knew he meant it, but at the same time, she hated the idea of not piloting alongside the guy who she considered a partner by this point. Still, there was little choice in the matter. They needed Gurren-Lagann, and with Simon decommissioned as he was, Noriko was the only one skilled enough who could be spared.
    "It won't be permanent..." she said, more to herself than to Genome. "I'll pilot with you again. I promise."
    The two of them stood there in silence for a long moment.
    Slowly, Noriko's leg moved forwards; towards the kneeling figure of Gurren.

A hand caught her arm suddenly.
    "Noriko..." Genome's voice muttered quietly, strained through the tears. "Don't... Don't let this happen to you too... Promise me..."

She stared at him over her shoulder for a moment. Thoughts ran through her mind. Of Coach, who had faith in her when nobody else did. Of Torren, who partnered with her and died in their first mission together. Of Kazumi, who even now was lost to her, possibly with Gunbuster, or possibly alone in a different world and time as she was. Of Jung, whom she had left behind on their last mission in Gunbuster on a one-way trip to the future. And now Genome was among them. An important friend, just as Kamina was to them all.
    She rested her hand on his quietly.
    "I'll never let that happen. I promise."

-

Inside the Dai-Gurren, the masked figure of Zero stood stoically as always, looking at the peaceful expression on the fallen Kamina's face; C.C. and Kallen by his side, as the remains of the rain trickled down his his mask.
    "Kamina..." he said out loud, perhaps not intentionally. "Perhaps our methods were incompatible... but I had you wrong."
    "Zero..."
    "A man cannot refuse a command issued by my Geass... unless the mind is already bound to an absolute command already. Is that not true, C.C.?"
    "It is." the green-haired immortal confirmed. "Yet he managed to anyway."
    "His heart was already under a command more powerful than any human could comprehend. In the end, his Geass was to protect his younger sibling... regardless of the cost."
    "You think... love for that Simon kid is why he could resist it? Could anyone refuse--"
    "In the end, he did serve me, as leader of ZEXIS, despite his words. But perhaps his heart followed its own Geass."
    "If so... it's unlikely that we'll ever meet a human capable of resisting it again. Even so, perhaps this is something to consider before trying it again."
    Zero reached up to his mask, flicking the latches, causing Kallen to gasp as the back of it lifted and Lelouch's face, the lower half still covered by the fabric he wore underneath, was revealed.
    "Zero, you're--"
    "The dead have no interest in sharing secrets." Lelouch said, quietly, as he held the helmet against his side. Addressing Kamina again, Zero, Lelouch Lamperouge, spoke once more.
    "In the end, our desires were identical. If it came down to my life or Nunnally's, I would gladly give mine just the same."

-

Over time, the crowd dispersed. There was still a job to finish, after all. Even if cost an important life getting there, the Temporal Tower was theirs now. It was time to decide what to do with it. Though it had still been but a short time since Kamina's death, the need to continue had renewed some life into ZEXIS as a whole, particularly the bridge of Ikaruga, where Zero now stood.
    "Commander Zero; Mr Leeron and Mrs Ikari have news."
    "Put them through."
    As instructed, images of the green-haired mechanic and the scientist of NERV appeared on-screen, just as Zero did for each of them. A short moment later, others appeared; Chief Taiga, Sumeragi, Amuro, Quattro, Hayato, Dayakka, and a new wheelchair-bound figure.
    "This is quite the gathering." Kotaro commented, looking at everyone on the screen of the Dai-Gurren he was aboard. "I don't believe we've met, Miss...?"
    "Rena Rune." the white-haired girl said in a light, pleasant voice. "For the time-being I am the commander of the Aquarion Team."
    "A pleasure to meet your acquaintance, Miss Rune. Now, if we may turn to the pressing matter. Leeron?"
    "In the time since we arrived here, several types of scans have been running simultaneously to learn what we can about the Tower. No sense in wasting precious information, hm?"
    "What we discovered is that Temporal Tower only has enough power to perform a single action. What that action is, is something we have to discuss."
    "The possibility we hoped for is that it could return every one of us home. The information we've found suggests that is definitely possible."
    "I'm assuming there is a 'but' here, or this discussion wouldn't be necessary." Amuro stated.
    "You assume right, handsome~. The Tower is emitting a time distortion signal across the entire planet of Disgaea. The tower itself seems to be the cause, or at least part of it, of us all being here in the first place."
    "Meaning that destroying it rather than using it may prevent others from being pulled here. Including ourselves if we were to return home."
    "I see... certainly a difficult choice." Taiga admitted, nodding.
    "Which makes what I am about to say make it even more difficult." Yui said, her hands firmly on her desk. "There is a third option, which I've learned from our newest recruit; a man named Go. He claims... using it, we could pull somebody from any of our pasts here. There is a strong possibility that... doing this could reverse the leader of Team Dai-Gurren's death."

The bridges came alive with shocked voices and background chatter, as this last suggestion was made. Reversing a death? They would be able to save Kamina?
    "Silence!" Zero commanded, his arms thrown out. When everyone obeyed, he spoke again.
    "This is troubling news. You claim that a death can be reversed, yet what effects would this have on the present?"
    "According to the data we have, nothing would change. To us, it would be as though the man woke up now."
    "We have to do it. Kamina was the only reason we got here." Dayakka said determinedly.
    "But there's other people we could use this for than just the leader of Team Dai-Gurren. His death was horrible, nobody will question that, but we have to consider everyone."
    "The dead are dead. We can't play God with lives and ignore our own problems, hoping for another solution."
    "What if it were Lalah, Char? This is a chance to fix our mistakes."
    "ENOUGH!!" Zero commanded again. "This option will divide us entirely if we allow it to!"
    "Zero is right." Kotaro nodded. "The courage of all of us working together is what allowed us to come this far. Letting ourselves be divided over what has already been is suicidal."
    "Agreed."
    "...all right."
    "Yes."
    "Then it's settled. The Temporal Tower will not be used to reverse the death of anyone."
    "Damn you, Zero!" Dayakka yelled, slamming his fist. "We trusted you!"
    Dayakka's anger was the spark needed. Arguments began, with everyone throwing down points and counter-points in every direction. The entire comm channel was chaos, until...
    "Yui!" Gendo's voice called out from the background of her comm. "Yui, the Tower!"
    "What is it, Gendo?!" Yui snapped, angrily turning away, before her expression turned to shock. "The Tower...!"
    "The Tower? What is it?"
    "Eyes up! Temporal Tower is activating!"

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  8. Lite The Future

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ~Temporal Tower~
    "Eyes up! Temporal Tower is activating!"
    On Taiga's command, ZEXIS turned to the Temporal Tower, which was lighting up as it activated.
    Just then, another voice was added to the comm channel. One that laughed maniacally over the tower's activation.

[​IMG]

"Saotome! What is it now!?" Ryoma asked angrily.
    "Hahahaaa! You bunch of fools! You've played right into my hands!"
    "What's he talking about?" Hayato asked.
    Saotome scoffed.
    "Is it so hard to figure out? I'm going to use the Tower to do the very thing you imbeciles were arguing over! I'm going to bring my Michiru back to me!" Saotome explained.
    "What!?"
    "That wasn't the plan, Professor!"
    "It may not have been your plan, Hayato, but this was my goal from the start! And once my dear Michiru is brought back to me, Shin Dragon will send every last one of you to your graves!"
    Just then, the area surrounding the Tower began to change drastically. Trees and plants sprouted out of nowhere until the landscape surrounding them was almost jungle-like. But more than just the scenery had changed, as creatures began to appear with the new landscape...Prehistoric creatures. Dinosaurs.
    Noticing the various dinosaurs appearing around ZEXIS's battleships, Ryoma growled.
    "Damn it...I hate dinosaurs. Musashi, let's-...Oh no."
    "Musashi's still back there with the Professor!"
    "Don't worry about me, guys! Getter 3's got enough power to hold this old coot down 'till he turns to dust!"
    Ryoma and Hayato were silent. They both knew what Musashi said was true, but they also knew that Shin Dragon was a massive threat and could seriously hurt Musashi-Or worse.
    "What do we do?"
    "I don't know..."
    Then, faint music began to play. Music that sounded like it belonged in a movie with a title referring to the state of water when it's reached a certain low temperature.
    Then, out from the back of the room, Deadpool emerged. On his head was a wig that resembled a certain princess who wasn't bothered by the cold.

Getter Rays glow bright on the Tower tonight, not one Beam to be seen
    Musashi's been isolated, left behiiind by his team
    The voices tell me you guys are a bunch of diiiiicks
    If I had to choose, y'wouldn't be my piiiiiicks

Don't let it in, why don't you see
    The ****ing dino that's coming here quickly
    It's on the bridge, outside the windooooow
    And now we knoooow

Let him go
    Let him go
    Can't hold Saotome anymore
    Let him go
    Let him go
    Getter 3 can't change no moooooore

HE DON'T CAAAAAARE WHAT THE OLD MAN SAAAAAY-

The music stopped with a loud bang as Deadpool was shot through the skull by Ryoma, who was holding the just-used firearm in his hand.
    Others looked at Ryoma like he was insane. They wouldn't be far off.
    "He was pissing me off." Ryoma grumbled as he left the room. Hayato followed, knowing he would have to pilot Shin Getter alongside Ryoma.
    Seconds after, Deadpool could be heard grunting as he stood up, acting as if he'd just been simply knocked out.
    "Ow...MAN that stung." He groaned before looking at the others.
    "Heh, I guess he really jumped the gun on that one, eh?...Nothin'? Okay."
    It was then that Deadpool realized he was getting surprised looks from some people.
    "Oooh, that's right, this is weird to you guys. Long story short: Super awesometastic healing factor. Makes it hard to kill me. Anyway, you guys get back to the plot, I'll just sit back here and watch." Deadpool concluded, taking a seat in the back of the room.
    Slowly turning from the mercenary, ZEXIS returned to the matter at hand, noticing the dinosaur that had somehow managed to make it's way to the bridge of the Dai-Gurren.
    Before a reaction could even be given, Shin Getter Robo flew by, slicing the dinosaur in half, revealing the black goopy insides that showed it's Invader-like properties, before charging straight for Professor Saotome and Shin Dragon.
    "Musashi! Let 'im go, I'll tear him in half!" Ryoma yelled out.
    "You got it, Ryoma! Open, Get!" Musashi called out, Getter 3 separating and bailing out to let Ryoma cut loose-literally.
    Tomahawk in hand, Ryoma shouted as he prepared to swing at Saotome, whose Getter Dragon sat completely still, as if to let Ryoma hit it.
    Before he could get close enough, a barrage of green energy beams cut off Ryoma's approach.
    "Forget something?" Saotome said, a cocky tone in his voice. Ryoma looked toward the source of the barrage. It was Shin Dragon, which towered over his Shin Getter menacingly.
    "As long as Shin Dragon is here, your efforts are futile! The tower WILL be used to bring Michiru back!"
    Ryoma growled.
    "Like hell it will! GETTAAA BEEEAAAAM!" He called, firing a pink energy beam from Shin Getter's torso. It hit it's target, Shin Dragon, but only dealt minimal damage as only small bits and pieces fell from Shin Dragon.
    Saotome laughed at Ryoma's effort.
    "Try as much as you want, Shin Dragon will not fall. Especially not to something that uses Getter Rays as an energy source."
    "Damn it...Dayakka, we're gonna need ZEXIS out here!"
    "No can do, Ryoma...There's only a few of us left that can fight...We're running dangerously low on ammo and energy, we can't handle another fight like this!"
    "What's the matter, Ryoma? Is your team running out of that fighting spirit you enjoy boasting about so much?" Saotome said with a laugh.
    "This is hopeless...We don't stand a chance against him with our forces drained like this." Hayato groaned.
    "Then I will do you all a favor and end you quickly!" Saotome said as his Getter G flew up to Shin Dragon's head, where Saotome exited his machine to stand atop the massive beast. The Getter he was piloting then became one with Shin Dragon itself.
    "Shin Dragon! Begin your assault!"

"Dragon! Liger! Poseidon! Destroy them all!" Saotome ordered. Shin Dragon's arms then began to break apart from the fingers down, the three forms of Getter G forming en masse in the sky above.
    "Th-There's so many!"
    "I'll cut all of 'em down!"
    Shin Getter took to the skies, tomahawk in hand, as it began slicing away at the Getters single-handedly.
    As he tried to hold off the Getter assault, Ryoma noticed something strange.
    "...Why aren't they fighting back?"
    Stopping for a moment, Ryoma watched as the force of Getters passed him by, heading straight for the Dai-Gurren, Ikaruga and Ptolemy.
    "They're charging the battleships!"
    "Damn!"
    The Dragons charged the Dai-Gurren, the Ligers charged the Ikaruga and the Poseidons charged the Ptolemy.
    Shin Getter fell back, Ryoma and Hayato read to protect ZEXIS at all costs.
    Meanwhile, Musashi had re-formed into Getter 3 on the ground.
    "This isn't good...Without our full force there's no way we can-..."
    Musashi took note of something in his cockpit. The energy readout of his own Getter.
    In the center of it was the machine's power source.
    "...I guess this is what I'll have to do. But not yet. There may still be a chance to fight this thing."
    Getter 3 aimed it's two shoulder missiles to the air.
    "GETTAAAAA MISSIIILE!" Musashi called, firing the missiles, managing to take out a few of the enemy Getters in the resulting explosions.
    Not wasting time, Getter 3's arms extended up toward the enemy force, wrapping around a few of them, before Getter 3's body began to spin rapidly, signaling Getter 3's signature attack.
    "DAISETSUZAN OROSHIIIII!"
    The resulting tornado from the attack tore apart a fair amount of Getters, but there were still an overwhelming amount in battle, and even more still stored within Shin Dragon.

Professor Saotome's seemingly unstoppable force was right on top of ZEXIS, who was weak from the result of the last battle. Their ammunition and energy supplies were running thin, yet Saotome's force was near-endless. The following moments would decide if they would get to use the Temporal Tower to go home, or if Saotome would steal that away from them for his own desires.

9. Pinekaboo Chaser

The Temporal Tower

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Setsujitsu

"We're boned. We're boned. Weeeee're fffff****ing boned." Duo repeated over and over, only to find himself slapped by Puru Two harshly.
    "Agh! What the hell was that for?!" he yelled, clutching his now-red face.

"You disgust me." the younger redheaded girl said with a glare. "Giving up without a fight after everything you've already been through? It's pathetic."
    "In case ya hadn't noticed, we've been fightin' for hours now and we ain't any closer to getting home than we were back at the damn springs!"
    "If you won't fight, then I will. Give me your Gundam."
    Grimacing, Duo shook his head and picked himself up.
    "Screw it, you wanna die out there then you may as well die alongside the God of Death himself. Let's get 'er fired up again!"

"Everyone stand together! We can pull through this if we all just stand together!" Gendo yelled out, punching the air in front of him as he addressed everybody over the comms.
    "Please tell me you have a plan." Yui said from beside him as he turned off the comm.
    The man looked at her seriously, before sighing and shaking his head.
    "I don't know Yui. I just don't know. That thing - Shin Dragon - it's just... it's colossal. I don't know how we're going to fight it. With Kamina gone, and our ammo spent... I just don't know."

"Hey, Dr. Ikari. Tell me something; what would it take to stop the power going to the head of that tower?" came a voice from the comm; one of the Gundam pilots of Celestial Being, Lockon Stratos.
    "It's not possible, we'd have to take down the entire Tower to stop it, and we don't have the firepower or firing solution to target it."
    "You've looked at our system data. What about an overloaded GN Drive?"
    "What?"
    "I'm asking if a GN Drive overloading could smash it from the inside at the right point."
    "Well in theory, yes, a GN Drive could-- Lockon, you aren't--?!"
    "Don't tell the others. I'm already inside; just tell me where to be."
    There was a long pause. Yui knew he was right; this was the only chance of victory in their condition. Maybe if they were at full strength they'd have stood a chance, but "maybe if" wasn't the case.
    "There're several columns running up the inside of the Tower. If a big enough explosion took out all of them at once near the bottom the entire Tower should collapse under its own weight - if it obeys the standard laws of physics we're used to."

"Yui...!" Gendo protested, before being silenced.
    "If?"
    "The Temporal Tower defies our knowledge of physics with its control over time distortions already. It's possible that destroying the base of the Tower won't take it down in one shot at all. In which case... The best option would be to vaporize the Tower entirely with a bigger explosion, but that'd take more than a GN Drive..."
    "Like a Getter Core." came a new voice from behind Yui; Musashi Tomoe, who had just entered.
    "I already thought of it before I came here. I'd planned to ask you how viable it was, and now... I guess I got my answer."

With a serious expression, Gendo placed his hand on the broad man's shoulder, gripping it firmly.
    "You have my gratitude, Mr. Tomoe. And my respect."

"Ha! Respect, huh? That's a word I'll engrave into the Professor's heart when this is done!"

--Inside Temporal Tower - Lockon--

"...Lockon, we're only likely to have one shot at this before Saotome realizes what we're trying to do. Total annihilation of the Tower is the safest bet, so come on back; somebody else is going to handle it."
    "Crap. Of course that'd happen now." Lockon said, as he wrestled with the controls from his cockpit, swinging Dynames's right arm, which currently held his emergency Beam Saber.
    "Lockon, what's wrong? Hurry up and get back out of there." Yui repeated.
    "Doesn't look like I'm gonna be able to do that. There's these... black things all over the place. I keep cutting them down but it doesn't seem to stop them. I don't know what they are, but Mr. Mad Scientist up there seems to have brought them with him, and they ain't too happy with me being in here."

10. Lite The Future

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ~Temporal Tower~

"Black things, huh? Sounds like Invaders. A perfect mission for Getter Robo. Gendo, Yui, leave it to me. I'll get in there and get that Tower- and Shin Dragon- down in no time."
    Musashi said, a confident smile on his face as he left to re-board Getter Robo.
    Minutes later, the classic Getter emerged from the Dai-Gurren, split into three jets, heading upward.
    "Chaaaaaange! Getterrrrr-2!!" Musashi called from inside one of the jets, causing them to combine into the drill-enabled Getter 2, which began falling to the ground, it's drill pointing to the dirt.
    Still fighting the horde of Getter Dragons, Ligers and Poseidons, Ryoma happaned to catch sight of Getter 2 falling to the ground.
    "What the-Musashi!? Musashi what're you doing!?" Ryoma asked.
    "Finishing this fight!" Musashi responded as Getter 2 dug into the ground drill-first.

"Musashi, that tower has got to be crawling with Invaders! You can't really expect to make it in there!"
    Musashi was silent for a moment.
    "You bet your ass I plan on making it in there." Musashi responded.
    "But that doesn't mean I plan on making it out."
    Ryoma couldn't accept that. Not after all that's happened.
    "Musashi, no! Get out of there, now! Shin Getter can-"
    "No it can't. Shin Dragon it too powerful for even Shin Getter."
    "Then what makes you think a standard Getter Robo can handle it!?"
    "I'm not fighting Shin Dragon. I'm taking out that tower with the Getter Core inside this Getter Robo. It's our only hope of beating old man Saotome and getting home-No. It's not my hope. 'cuz I'm not going home." Musashi concluded before turning off the comms.
    "Michiru...Kamina...I'm comin' for ya!"

As Musashi began to dig up toward the tower, he noticed his progress was slowing.
    "The hell!?"
    His confusion was done away with instantly, as the black goop of Invaders began seeping into the cockpit of Getter Robo, slowly covering Musashi's body.
    "Damn! Not now!!" Musashi cursed, still pushing on.
    A sadistic smile grew on Musashi's face as the Invaders began to enter his body, followed by a confident- almost psychopathic- laugh.
    "Hahahaaa! Good fucking luck, Invaders! You got a whole hell of a lot t' eat through before you've got all o' me!"

Back outside, a laugh could be heard from Saotome, prompting Ryoma and Hayato to react.
    "What is it now, you old bag!?"
    "Your fat friend is doomed! I knew one of you fools would attempt to use a drill-enabled machine to dig into the Tower, so I sent a horde of Invaders as a welcoming party!" Saotome explained.
    Ryoma and Hayato were stunned.
    "There's no way a standard Getter Robo can handle a bunch of Invaders trying to get inside...Musashi doesn't stand a chance!"
    Ryoma began hyperventilating, before finally crying out.
    "MUSASHIIIIIIII!!!"

Even underground, Musashi could hear his friend's cry.
    "Heh...Ryoma, over-dramatic as usual." He said, turning the comms back on. "Yo, Ryoma, you hear me?"
    "Musashi!?"
    "I can hear you pissin' and moanin' all the way under ground!"
    "Musashi, you have to get out of there, Saotome sent-"
    "Invaders, I know. I've already met the welcoming party, and they're giving me one hell of a greeting!"
    Hayato and Ryoma were silent...They were too late. Musashi was doomed, and yet his attitude was as positive as ever.
    "Listen, I'm gonna get in there and use this machine's Getter Core to wipe out the tower in one go...And I ain't making it out."
    "No..."
    "Musashi!"
    "Listen! Ryoma, Hayato, when you get back home, you make sure shit like this never happens again! And...Tell Genki I'm sorry I couldn't make it home."
    Musashi then expanded his comms to the entirety of ZEXIS.
    "Hey! All o' you listen up! When you all get back home, you make sure our Earth is kept safe! And if ya don't, I'll come back from Hell and haunt all o' you!" Musashi joked, his voice obviously pained from the Invaders.
    "Musashi...!"
    "He's really doing it..."
    "Damn...Not again..."
    "It's been a pleasure, ZEXIS! I'll be sure to say hi to Kamina for ya!"
    Musashi was finally about to emerge into the tower from below.
    "Alright, this is my stop! Musashi Tomoe, over and out for the last time!" Musashi concluded.
    Emerging inside the tower, Musashi quickly changed from Getter 2 to Getter 1, slamming through the floors of the tower until he reached the floor that Neil was on.
    "I gotcha, bud! GETTAAA TOMAHAAAAWK!" Musashi called, causing a tomahawk to emerge from Getter 1's shoulder, which he used to cut away at the Invaders that were surrounding the Gundam Meister.
    "No need to thank me, just get the hell outta here! I'm takin' this tower down, here and now!"
    When the Invaders were dispatched, Getter 1 tossed it's tomahawk to the side before impaling itself with it's own hand in the torso.
    "Just you watch, you heartless animals! I won't let you ruin ZEXIS's plan!"
    Getter 1 pulled the Getter Core from within it's body, holding it above it's head, Musashi mimicking it's pose inside Getter 1's cockpit.
    "This is the same energy that wiped out the Dinosaurs millions of years ago on my world, and now it's gonna wipe all o' you out, too!!"
    Getter 1 began to crush the Getter Core in it's hand, only to stop after making slight dents, followed by the sound of Musashi crying out in pain.
    "D-Damn! The Invaders...I c-can't move!" Musashi groaned, unable to finish crushing the Getter Core.

Getter 1 sat motionless, Getter Core in hand, unable to move as more Invaders slowly slithered their way closer. With Musashi unable to move, it seemed as if the plan to eradicate the tower was doomed to fail.

11. Pinekaboo Chaser

The Temporal Tower

Damn that crazy guy! Lockon thought, as more and more Invaders flowed into the room. He had a clear escape, but Getter Robo was in trouble. There was no way it was getting out of this alone.
    Saotome laughed loudly from atop Shin Dragon as it all went on.
    "You've failed, ZEXIS!" he called out, "My dear Michiru will soon be returned to me! Though it pains me to know that your dreams will be crushed in the process, this is the price to pay for what those two did!"

"Sorry old man, but our plan isn't over yet." the sniper's voice retorted. As he did, Dynames Gundam aimed its weapon directly at the exposed Getter Core in Getter Robo's hand, Lockon's finger on the trigger.
    "You would sacrifice two lives simply to return to the world you came from?! To return to the carnage wrought by the Reapers?!"
    "Two lives? Looks like somebody isn't fully caught up on the story here. Sorry Gramps, but back home the man named Lockon Stratos is already dead. There just ain't a place for a ghost in that world anymore."
    "Lockon!" Setsuna called out, distraught at the thought of losing his friend a second time.
    "Neil..." Feldt said through bitter tears. "You can't! Not again! What about us?"
    "Our operations won't work without our best sniper!" Sumeragi pleaded. "I understand this is desperate but--"
    "I wouldn't worry about that." he interrupted with a chuckle. "I know a couple of guys that are almost as good. Lyle... you take care of them now. And Feldt... you'll do Dynames proud. I know you will."
    "Lock--"
    He switched off the comm system. It hurt him to do it, but he knew that at this point explaining everything would just eat up valuable time and cause them more pain. It was better for him to go out now.

"Heh... you know something, Dynames...?" Musashi muttered through the audio system of Getter Robo. "It's kinda a shame that it took us this long to realise that we both think the same way. If I'd have known sooner I'd have treated you to a drink before this."
    "I think we're gonna have plenty of time to get to know each other after this." he laughed hollowly. "I hear hell's a pretty empty place this time of year. The name's Neil Dylandy. We'll grab Kamina and all get a drink together on the other side, deal?"
    "Ha! I like you, Neil!" the fat man grunted, clutching his stomach in pain as the Invaders worked their way through more of his body. "Drinks all-round then. Maybe a buffet. I ain't gonna need my wallet afterwards anyway."
    "Sounds good. We'll have earned it. Then... you ready?"
    "Yeah. Let's show this bastard why we Humans are to be feared."
    Lockon switched the comm system back on, addressing the Professor now;
    "Game over, pal! We're gonna make sure you remember our names! Neil Dylandy--!"

"And Musashi Tomoe!"
    "Targeting and Firing!"

His finger squeezed the trigger in perfect sync with the final word. The pulse of energy shot out, ripping right through an Invader that had leaped into the path in a last attempt to prevent the act, and struck the Getter Core, shattering the material around it and igniting the explosive reaction they were counting on.
    "Boom."

The destruction of Temporal Tower was immediate. The huge explosion wrapped around it, destroying stone, machine, and Invader alike in a giant green burst. The battle stopped instantly as all eyes turned on the giant explosion, which quickly shifted into a black-purple sphere that continued to expand, the temporal powers of the structure ripping out of control as Shin Dragon was swallowed up by it along with Saotome, whose scream could be be heard vanishing as it did so.
    The ground was beginning to tear up from the ground. All of ZEXIS suddenly realized that there was no escaping the rapidly-expanding black hole, and tried to buckle down and ensure they weren't sucked up into it.

Gurren-Lagann was first to leave the ground. Piloted only by the broken-hearted boy, Simon, it put up no resistance right up until Aquarion used itself to tether it to the Dai-Gurren even as it too began to drag its feet against the ground in vain.
    "H-Hold on everyone!" Guy called out desperately. "Just hold onto each other!"
    Zero's Shinkiro wasn't fast enough, and before it could do as instructed, it fell backwards towards the black hole, vanishing into the void, soon followed by the Guren Mk II and Ikaruga.
    They too vanished as soon as they touched it.

"Zero!" Guy cried out, grabbing tightly onto Shin Getter to prevent the same happening to it, as Mazinger Z lost its grip on the ground and fell towards the hole. "Kouji! KOUJI HOLD ON!"
    "LIKE HELL WE'D LET SOME WEIRD-ASS WARP HOLE DECIDE OUR FATE!" the pilots of Mazinkaiser SKL roared out, letting go of the ground and charging towards the black hole.
    "Everyone! NO!" Guy cried more desperately.
    "Guy, maybe they have the right idea." Banagher said solemnly. "We can't escape this thing!"
    "Statistically speaking you're more likely to survive a storm by running through it than waiting for it to come to you!" Gendo called out, ignoring the Unicorn's pilot's meaning. "All hands prepare to charge the vortex on my mark!"
    "You can't be serious?!"
    "One!"
    "He's always serious!"
    "Two!"
    "Is it three then go or go on three?!"
    "Three!"
    Several of the mecha charged forward on three, as Gendo roared out for all of ZEXIS to charge.

Seconds later, all but those that had fought without mecha vanished into the vortex, with so many objects entering it at once that it began to shift and shake until it dragged the edges of itself into the vortex too.
    And in an instant, it was gone.
    The only signs of what had happened being the crater where the Temporal Tower had once resided.

12. Lite The Future

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

~Site of the Temporal Tower's destruction~
    The massive vortex that had consumed the majority of ZEXIS had faded, leaving the non-mecha-using members stranded on Disgaea indefinitely. The land around them was decimated, craters and burnt metal littering the ground. Perhaps there may have been more scrap metal had that vortex not appeared and sucked most everything up.
    However, they had no time to relax, unfortunately. Shadow turned around, noticing the massive airship falling directly toward them at high speed.
    Readying two of the seven Chaos Emeralds, Shadow called out the ability that would save them.
    "Chaos Control!"

As the ZEXIS remnants disappeared, the ship crashed, sliding across the ground before exploding violently. The portal that had just devoured most of ZEXIS itself had evidently affected this battleship as well, taking it out of the sky.

Dirt and metallic debris littered the ground. Whoever was inside the ship was most definitely dead. Rather, that would be the case, if one of the passengers wasn't the Demigod of Wrath himself.

[​IMG]
    Asura, who had been picked up by the owners of the crashed ship, known as the Esquad Huckebein, armless and sparking with electricity from where his arms once were. Not long ago he had been picked up by the Huckebein family. At first there was hostility, especially from Asura, but over time friendship grew. Eventually they reached the point of considering Asura one of their own, calling him family. It was this bond that caused Asura to frantically look around for his comrades in the wreckage, which was hard with no arms to lift things with.

He kicked over every piece of charred metal that he could find, until he found the entirety of the Huckebein family, bloody and unconscious. Asura knelt down, calling their names to try to wake them up.
    "Arnage, Stella, Veyron...Somebody answer me!" He called out, angered and distressed.
    He got not answer.
    Asura lowered his head, staring at the ground in sadness.

Asura had only just met the Huckebein family not long ago, but in the time they'd spent together they had become close friends. Maybe even family. Asura was willing to give his life to keep them safe. But this...this was not what he expected. The sight of them all laying there, cold and lifeless in the wreckage of the Esquad was simply too much for the Demigod to handle. Quickly, his sadness boiled into rage. He quietly growled, getting louder and louder until the growls turned into yells. The rage overtook him as he let out a cry that echoed across the heavens themselves, becoming engulfed in a massive scarlet inferno of immeasurable rage, transforming him into a feral metallic monster that indiscriminately targeted and attacked everything and anything its senses could detect. In this case: The fleet of Reaper Destroyers that were floating overhead. They charged in, prepared to annihilate whatever had destroyed Sovereign not long ago. However, what they found was not something they could fight easily. The four massive arms that grew off of Asura's back shot laser fire back at the Reapers, possibly even stronger than what they were returning as a single blast wiped out any Destroyer it touched, cutting through it like butter. As he annihilated the Reaper forces above, he let out beastly, rage-fueled cries.
    A large mass of Reaper Destroyers were closing in, a fact that intensified Asura's already-cataclysmic rage. To combat this, Asura raised one of his large arms, charging a powerful concentrated blast, crying out in rage as he did so as if to warn his enemy before obliterating them. The blast was fully charged, taking up the entirety of Asura's large monster-hand, and finally fired, disintegrating anything it touched before finally exploding right on the mass of Reapers that were approaching, leaving not a single one remaining.
    The Reaper Destroyers continued to assault Asura to no avail. For every one that came to assist, Asura destroyed it and a massive chunk of the fleet along with it. Asura showed no sign of stopping, only growing more and more enraged with each passing moment. His anger began to grow to the point that the rubble on the ground around him was lifting into the air as if gravity was no longer affecting it. There was simply no stopping him at this point.
    Despite the clear loss they were suffering, the Reapers fought on and on as more and more of their forces were turned to ash that covered the land like charred snow. Asura was tired of fighting these monstrosities at this point. He was gonna wipe them out in one fell swoop. Holding all six of his arms up above him, he charged one more super-powerful blast, one that was several times stronger than the last. He poured every ounce of wrath and hatred into the attack as he fired it off, sending it flying so fast that it looked to have disappeared. Seconds later, however, the sky lit up bright as far as the eye could see as the powerful sphere exploded, eradicating anything in the skies.

The land and sky of this part of Disgaea burned as Asura continued to unleash his nigh-endless wrathful assault. A fact that the Reaper Destroyers, now not even a quarter of the force they were before, realized as they made a hasty retreat. Not all of them escaped. Asura wouldn't let them. He continued to fire on them until there were none in sight. Even after the skies were clear of all Reaper forces, Asura continued to assault it, acting as if the sky itself had become his enemy, crying out as loud as ever.

Several minutes had passed. The location that the Temporal Tower once stood on was naught but a hellscape. The skies burned a bright scarlet, and the ground was nothing but craters and charred metal-save for where Asura was standing, as well as the location of the Esquad's wreckage. His attacks had ended, but his wrath was no less powerful. Letting out echoing growls and cries, Asura swung his large four-arms around, slamming them about like a child throwing a catastrophic tantrum. That fateful moment replayed itself over and over in his head. Jumping from the Esquad and watching as it fell, the Huckebein family inside and finally the crash. The image of it all happening made his urge to scream grow until it was unbearable. He finally let out one last massive cry. This one, no doubt, was heard on most of-if not all of- Disgaea. It rumbled the Earth and parted the skies with it's sheer power. Power that belonged to not a monster or demon. Power that belonged to a broken-hearted deity that had been pushed over the edge.

~Earlier, elsewhere on Disgaea...~
    A trio of friends walked together alone in a vast empty grassland. One of them was a young man, about 16 years of age. He had spiked brown hair and his eyes were blue as the sky. His name reflected this: Sora.
    With him were two less human comrades, one a short white duck in zipper-covered Mage gear, the other a...dog-thing in more casual-looking garb that still had an air of a traveller about it.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    The three of them walked together quietly, as they had no destination in sight. That is, until a certain loud-mouthed duck broke the silence.
    "We've been going this way forever! When're we gonna find some place to rest!?" Donald quacked angrily, crossing his arms.
    "Look at it this way, Donald: The longer we walk, the closer we're gonna get to, uh...Somethin'!" Goofy responded in his own dumb-yet-somehow-smart kind of way.
    "Goofy's got a point, Donald. Besides, we'll never find Riku, Kairi, the King or anyone if we stay put." Sora added, resting the back of his head in his hands as he walked.
    Donald merely grumbled in response.
    They walked quietly for a few moments more before Goofy spoke up.
    "Do you fellers ever get the feelin' that somethin's about to happen?" Goofy asked, scratching his head in confusion.
    "Whaddaya mean?" Sora responded.
    "I dunno, I just suddenly got a strange hunch that something bad's about to hap-"
    Goofy's conveniently-timed question was cut short, as a devastatingly loud explosion occurred far in the distance. It was accompanied with a pillar of powerful energy, as well as a rage-filled cry that echoed across the now-red skies.
    A hot wind blew against the trio as they turned toward the source of the intense blast.
    "W-W-What was thaaaat!?" Donald quack-squealed, unconsciously clinging himself to Sora's arm.
    Unlike Donald and Goofy, Sora stood silently, clutching his chest-or rather, his heart.
    "S-Sora? What's wrong?" Goofy asked, holding his hat on his head as the wind blew against it.
    "I can feel it...Rage and sadness...and hurt. Whatever's happening over there is because a heart was broken." Sora explained, clearly saddened by what he felt.
    Sora was suddenly snapped out of his saddened trance when the sound of Reaper horns followed by laser fire and explosions echoed across the land. A blurry image of flying insect-like creatures exploding in midair could be seen, followed by ash falling from the sky like black snow.
    "This is..." Sora began, his heart growing more and more pained as time passed.
    "Hey! You three!" Called a man's voice from behind Sora, Donald and Goofy.
    Turning toward the voice, the three were met with the sight of not just one man, but a group of six.
    "This way! It isn't safe here!" The man added, motioning for the three of them to follow.
    Donald and Goofy immediately complied, making their way over to the man and his posse. Sora, however, was hesitant. His heart ached from the pain that he felt emanating from the source of the destruction in the distance. He felt almost obligated to help.
    "Sora, come on!" Donald advised from afar.
    Sora took one last look toward the devastation taking place in the distance, a saddened look on his face, before turning around and following his comrades.

Following the man and his comrades, they finally got far enough away from the source of the "explosion" to take a rest, Sora's trio panting from exhaustion.
    "I don't know what that was, but I think we're far enough away from it now. I can still hear what sounds like screaming, though..." The man said before turning to Sora, Donald and Goofy.
    "But that's behind us now. My name is Chrom. I lead a force known in my home realm as the Shepherds." Chrom stated, offering a handshake to Sora.
    Sora politely shook Chrom's hand, putting the sadness he felt in response to Asura behind him for now.
    "Nice to meet ya, Chrom. I'm Sora, and this is Donald and Goofy." Sora replied, releasing his grip to motion toward Donald and Goofy respectively as he said their names.
    "The pleasure's all mine, Sora...I mean no offense, but I must say your friends have rather...Interesting forms." Chrom responded, clearly a little weirded out by Donald and Goofy.
    "What's that supposed to mean, huh?" Donald growled, crossing his arms and squinting at Chrom.
    "N-Nothing! I merely mean to say that I have never seen people of your...complexion before. Anyway, If I may..." Chrom began, motioning toward those he had with him.
    "With me are my fellow Shepherds; my sister Lissa, my deputy Frederick, and our two newest additions with fairly similar names; Robin and Robyn." Chrom introduced, each one of them giving a friendly smile or hello as they were introduced.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Save for Frederick, of course. His duty to watch over Chrom and Lissa caused him to be cautious at every person they met, no matter how harmless or friendly they were.
    "Milord, are you certain that these three are trustworthy? The boy may be worth trusting, but the other two of them are...well...they're not even human." Frederick said quietly.
    Donald growled, having heard Frederick's comment. Goofy, on the other hand, wasn't bothered by it.
    "Don't worry, Frederick. Just like Robin and Robyn, they will of course have to earn our trust. But I have a feeling that Sora and his friends will become great Shep-" Chrom was cut short by the sound of his sister Lissa screaming in terror.
    "Lissa, what is it!?" Chrom asked urgently.
    Lissa merely stuttered and pointed to the sky.
    The Shephers, now including Sora, Donald and Goofy, looked to where Lissa pointed. What they saw would bring about the biggest shock of their lives.
    "Oh, Gods...!" Chrom suddenly exclaimed, a look of sheer terror on his face.
    "H-How can something that large exist...!?"
    Robin and Robyn stayed silent as they stared in shock at what was before them.
    "W-W-Whoa...What is that!?" Sora stuttered.
    The skies that had been emptied of Reaper forces by Asura's cataclysmic wrath were now full once again. But not by a force. No, this time only one thing filled the skies.
    Another Reaper, this one several hundred times larger than any destroyer that had come before it. The body alone blacked out the skies, but then it's legs pierced the clouds, expanding so far out that one leg touched the ground further away from Asura than the Shepherds had gotten.
    "What unholy monstrosity is this...!?"
    Suddenly, a deep, ear-shattering sound echoed across the land, causing anyone who could hear it to cover their ears from the powerful sound. The sound resembled the noise given off by the Reaper Destroyers, but much deeper and louder.

None on the planet Disgaea would have missed the powerful cry of this super-Reaper. Not a single one.

[​IMG]
    ~Elsewhere...~
    After being teleported away from the oncoming carnage, Deadpool emerged alone in an unknown area. It resembled a dark city with perpetual rain-clouds. From his position, Deadpool could see a distant castle with a peculiar symbol emblazoned on it. Deadpool, being the mature adult he is, snickered at it.
    "Heheh...It looks like a pointy three-headed di-"
    "AAAANYWHO, anyone wanna guess why we ended up not with the others?" Interrupted one of Deadpool's voices.
    "Plot convenience."
    "Makes sense to me."
    "Jeebus knows we need it. I swear, that fight at the tower took like a bajillion years. It's about time I got some plot!" Deadpool screamed, shaking his fist in the air at nobody in particular.
    He heard a noise behind him. A dark-portal-just-opened kind of noise. He turned to it and low-and-behold, dark portal. Right there. Complete with a black-robed fellow stepping out of it.
    "Well, well, well, if it isn't...Who're you?" Deadpool asked, pointing at the cloaked fellow.
    He got no answer. Instead, the cloaked man approached Deadpool silently.
    "Whoa...Hey now, no need to get creepy."
    ...No response.
    "Look, dude, I don't wanna shoot you but I will. Now please. Stahp."
    Again, no answer.
    "Weeeelp, I warneded ya. Time for a little bang-bang to the face I can't see." Deadpool joked as he armed himself with two submachine guns, immediately opening fire on the man. It was useless, however, as every shot was blocked by rectangular energy shield that protected the entirety of the man's body.
    "Oh, buals..."
    Finally, the man reached Deadpool, grabbing him by the throat.
    "Ack! Bro! That's my throat! I need it to talk!"
    "Precisely why I'm constricting it, fool." Spoke the man, revealing his deep, menacing voice. He held Deadpool's face up to his, finally revealing what he looked like.
    "We don't appreciate trespassers in our city. Have you anything to say in your defense?" He asked.
    Giggling slightly, Deadpool spoke.
    "What pretty eyes you have...?" Deadpool joked.
    Sighing, the man carried Deadpool back through the dark portal. Nobody knows what plans he had in store for the merc with a mouth, but there was one thing Deadpool could be happy about.
    He was finally getting some plot.

13. Pinekaboo Chaser

The Temporal Ruins

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

"THIS ENTIRE MISSION HAS BEEN A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME!" Dearche screamed the second they reappeared after Shadow's timely save. "NOW LOOK AT US! SIXTEEN IDIOTS WITHOUT A CHANCE IN HELL!"
    "Uh..."
    "I CAN'T BELIEVE WE WASTED AN ENTIRE DAY ON THIS PLAN! WHAT IN THE HELL WERE--"
    "S-Seikou-chan..." Levi interrupted, tears forming in her eyes as she spoke. "I... I can't remember who died..."
    "You've got to be kidding me, Levi. How could you forge--" Dearche began, before suddenly cutting herself off, her eyes going wide as she suddenly realized that she couldn't remember them either.
    "What in the hell is going on here?! I knew that fool's name! I knew what he looked like! I had it memorized so completely, and yet--!"

"It seems... that whatever just occurred goes beyond our current understanding of this world." Stern said, checking briefly with the others as to whether they too had forgotten. "While we all remember that we were part of a large group, that a member of it gave their life for our goal, and that they are now all gone; none of us seem to be able to remember the names or appearances of the members of that group, nor anything about them besides the things that they did in general. If I had to make an analysis, I would suppose that rather than merely kill or displace them, the vortex we saw before likely erased them from our timeline entirely."
    "Wh-what...?" Levi whined, her tears coming faster. "Then they're--?"
    "No, I would imagine that they still live. However, where and when they now live is a different matter entirely. It's entirely possible that we will meet them again, given the situation so far."

As she finished, a huge roar was heard, followed by the descending Reapers suddenly beginning to be wiped out by massive beams of pulsing orange energy. The screams of both the aggressor and the Reapers were beginning to overpower all else.
    "Perhaps we should all find somewhere safer to be?" Stern suggested, surprisingly calmly, given the situation. "We can begin to plan our next move from shelter."
    Before anyone was able to agree, the huge form of the Planet-Reaper shadowed them all. Even Dearche and Stern herself looked fearful as its massive claws gripped onto Disgaea from so far above that the clouds themselves hid its true size.
    "Now would probably be a good time."

Ylisse

[​IMG]

The skies that had been emptied of Reaper forces by Asura's cataclysmic wrath were now full once again. But not by a force. No, this time only one thing filled the skies.
    Another Reaper, this one several hundred times larger than any destroyer that had come before it. The body alone blacked out the skies, but then it's legs pierced the clouds, expanding so far out that one leg touched the ground further away from Asura than the Shepherds had gotten.
    "What unholy monstrosity is this...!?"
    Suddenly, a deep, ear-shattering sound echoed across the land, causing anyone who could hear it to cover their ears from the powerful sound. The sound resembled the noise given off by the Reaper Destroyers, but much deeper and louder.
    "Chrom, there's a forest up ahead." Robyn pointed out, the forest itself not being too far away at all, in fact. "It isn't much, but that little cover could mean everything right now. At the very least it might be the safest place we can reach right now."

14. Lite The Future

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    ~Ylisse~
    "Chrom, there's a forest up ahead. It isn't much, but that little cover could mean everything right now. At the very least it might be the safest place we can reach right now."
    Upon hearing Robyn's suggestion, Chrom looked to the forest she spoke of. She was correct in that it wasn't much, but she was also correct that it was their safest option.
    "Good observation, Robyn. Everyone, with me to that forest!" Chrom ordered as he turned and began running, his Shepards following close behind.
    "Sora, that means you and your comrades as well!" Chrom called out, turning his head back momentarily to speak to Sora.
    "Right! Let's go, guys!" Sora said with a slight hint of excitement as he ran to the forest, Donald and Goofy not far behind.

~A Short time later~
    The sound of a campfire crackling broke the silence of the forest. Around it sat Chrom and his fellow Shepards, along with Sora and his partners. Since making their way into the forest, they had worked together to build a fire and gather bear meat for food, which they were now enjoying together, save for Frederick and Lissa.

Sora, Donald and Goofy all happily ate away at their portion of the food, enjoying every bite of it. Frederick looked at Donald and Goofy with a confused glance, something Goofy took notice of.
    "Somethin' wrong, Freddy?"
    "N-No, it's just...It seems strange for a duck and a dog to be dining on the meat of a bear...And don't call me Freddy."
    "These two aren't just some duck and dog though. These guys are friends with a King." Sora chimed in, confidently talking his friends up.
    Frederick chuckled slightly.
    "A King you say? What's next? Are you to tell me this King is a mouse?" Frederick asked jokingly, laughing slightly at his own joke.
    "Yup!" Goofy answered genuinely, turning Frederick's amused expression into one of annoyed disbelief.
    "Oh."
    Chrom, meanwhile, was lost in the deliciousness of his meal, cheerfully chomping away at it.
    "Mmm...It's been too long since I last had bear meat. Delicious!" He began before noticing Lissa wasn't eating anything.
    "...What's wrong, Lissa? Dig in." Chrom said, hoping to encourage his sister to eat.
    Lissa, however, was not having any of it. Literally and figuratively.
    "Pass!...Gods, couldn't you spear us an animal normal people eat for once? I mean come on! Who eats bear!? You're meddling with the food chain. Right, Robin?"
    ...No response.
    "...Uh, Robin?"
    Upon closer inspection, it was clear that Robin was devouring the food he'd been given, making all sorts of unattractive munching and slurping noises as he ate. Robyn, who sat next to him, did the same, almost in perfect sync with Robin.
    Lissa sighed, disappointed yet understanding of Robin and Robyn's near beast-like eating.
    "I suppose a person would enjoy just about anything after not eating for days..." Lissa grumbled.
    "Just eat it, Lissa. Meat is meat." Chrom suggested, slightly amused at his sister's refusal to eat.
    "Since when does meat smell like old boots!? Wait, I take that back- BOOTS SMELL BETTER!!" Lissa snapped back at Chrom.
    "Every experience makes us stronger, Milady. Even those we don't enjoy." Frederick chimed in, hoping to quell Lissa's anger.
    "Really? Then why don't I see YOU eating, Frederick?" Lissa asked, arms crossed and pouting.
    "Me? Oh, well...I'm not hungry. I...I had a large lunch! Yes, quite." Frederick fibbed in response.
    "Yeah right, Frederick!"
    Everyone save for Lissa and Frederick shared a good laugh at the "show" the two of them had just put on.
    "Man, I wish Riku and Kairi were here...I think they'd get along great with these guys." Sora mumbled to himself as the laughter subsided, having envisioned his friends sitting with him and enjoying the moment he'd just experienced.
    "Who might they be, Sora? Friends of yours?" Chrom asked, having overheard Sora's mumbling.
    "O-Oh, uh...Yeah. They're two of my best friends, next to these two, of course." Sora explained, pointing to Donald and Goofy as he ended the statement.
    "I see. Well, for what it's worth, we'll make sure to keep an eye out for them as we travel onward." Chrom stated, a friendly smile on his face.
    "Milord, are you certain that it is wise to-" Frederick began to whisper loudly, only to be cut off by Chrom.
    "Hold your tongue, Frederick. I understand your duty and your concern, but I can tell that Sora is a good young man. I can't explain it, but he has a certain...light about him. Any friends of his are welcome in our ranks. And that's final." Chrom stated in a leaderly tone, prompting a sigh from Frederick.
    "As you wish, Milord."

As time passed, most of the Shepards had began to calm down more after the recent events. The massive Reaper's leg still hung over them like a black cloud, but even still they were able to find some relaxation in the silence of the forest.
    Chrom had pulled Sora aside to speak to him and get to know him better.
    "...I see. So that weapon of yours chose you of its own will, making you its sole wielder." Chrom stated, having been given an explanation of the Keyblade by Sora.
    "Pretty much. There're others who can wield a Keyblade too, but it's the same deal for them. Their Keyblade is tied to their Heart." Sora explained.
    "Fascinating. I suppose it's like my Falchion in a way. Only those who are of Ylissean Royalty can wield it to it's full potential. If anyone not deemed worthy try to wield it, the blade becomes so dull that it's impossible to even cut wood with it."
    "Heh, guess you don't gotta worry about it being stolen and used against you, huh?"
    "I suppose that's true. The same goes for you as well."
    "Guess so!"
    Chrom let out a content sigh.
    "Sora, we may have only just met today, but I have a feeling you and I will become powerful comrades. I'm happy to have you as a part of the Shepards." Chrom said, placing a hand on Sora's shoulder.
    "Thanks, Chrom. I'm happy to help as much as you need me to." Sora replied, arms crossed confidently.

Chrom and Sora attained support level C.

As the Shepards rested, Robin approached the mage of Sora's trio; Donald Duck.
    "Excuse me, Dolan." Robin stated politely, tapping Donald's shoulder.
    "That's Donald!" quacked the duck mage in response.
    "R-Right...My apologies. Anyway, might I ask something regarding your staff?"
    "Sure!" Donald replied, somewhat excited that someone was interested in something of his.
    "Well, going by it's design it's clear that you focus on magic. But what exactly are you capable of with that staff? In my experience, staves are used for healing and growing the defensive capabilities of comrades. Does your staff do the same?"
    Looking at his staff, Donald thought quickly to make sure he remembered all it was capable of.
    "I can heal with it, but I can fight with it, too. Fire magic, Ice magic, Thunder magic, and more." Donald explained.
    "You can cast those spells without the use of a tome? That's...actually quite interesting. And can you cast these spells without limits?" Robin asked on.
    Donald shook his head.
    "The magic runs on a special energy we mages have in my world called Magic Power. MP for short." Donald explained proudly.
    "And when this Magic Power runs out, you are unable to cast any spells until it is replenished, correct?"
    "Yep."
    "I see...That could be useful in coming battles. Thank you for the explanation, Dalon."
    "DONALD!!"

Robin and Donald attained support level C.

Frederick examined Goofy. Closely. Everything from his garments to his face to his weapon.
    "Uh...Can I help ya with somethin', Freddy?"
    "No. I am merely familiarizing myself with you in your entirety. It is my duty to be fully aware of anything and anyone that comes close to Chrom and Lissa. And don't call me Freddy." Frederick explained.
    "Okay...Anything I can do t' help ya with that?" Goofy asked.
    Frederick thought for a moment.
    "I suppose you could give me information about yourself. You said you were friends with a King before. Who is this king? What kingdom does he rule over?"
    "Uh, well, his name's King Mickey and he's king of Disney Castle. His kingdom is...everything. All the worlds are a part of his kingdom. Nobody really knows about it though...It's kinda a rule that we're not supposed to tell folks about other worlds. I think the king called that...muddling?" Goofy explained, scratching his head as he attempted to think of the right word.
    "I believe the word you're looking for is "meddling"." Frederick corrected.
    "Anyway...I can assure you there is no "Disney Castle" where I come from. The kingdom I serve is Ylisse. Moving on, tell me what your position is in this supposed "Disney Castle"." Frederick inquired.
    Saluting, Goofy stated his position with honor and confidence.
    "I'm captain of the Royal Knights!"
    Frederick looked genuinely confused at this.
    "You're...a knight?"
    "Yup! A Knight Captain!"
    "...Where is your sword?"
    "I don't got one. Just my trusty shield." Goofy explained, proudly showing his shield to Frederick.
    Frederick wasn't sure how to react. The shield's size barely allowed it to cover any of it's wielder's body.
    "Perhaps things are different in the realm you come from, but that shield seems exceptionally small."
    "It's never failed me b'fore! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna get some rest before we head out. Been great talkin' to ya, Freddy!" Goofy said as he marched off, barely taking two steps before tripping on a twig and faceplanting into the dirt.
    "I'm okay!"
    Frederick sighed.
    "Some knight captain he is..."

Frederick and Goofy attained support level C.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.