Critical mode not that hard?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Nobodyslight, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Nobodyslight Merlin's Housekeeper

I recently completed my playthrough of 2fm on critical and I have to say: it's not that hard. It was the second time playing the game, and I died less than on standerd. First off, it gives a lot of kickass abilities at the beginning. I actually found proud mode to be harder than this mode....

2. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

Critical mode easier than proud mode? Naw. Maybe at the beginning, considering that you get a considerable amount of abilities and a boost in attack stats. Plus your health is cut in half. And bosses that were a breeze in proud mode turned out to be a challenge for me in critical mode, so no, I wouldn't say proud mode is easier.

3. Nobodyslight Merlin's Housekeeper

I don't know maybe it's a play style thing?

4. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Early game bonuses aside, I don't think saying "critical mode is easier than proud" holds any ground whatsoever. However, that being said, when you play a game through multiple times the difficulty becomes more or less a non-factor because at the game's very core, you understand all of it. If I had to guess, that is what you were experiencing. The game didn't get easier, you probably just got better.

5. phoenixkh93 Gummi Ship Junkie

Yeah I see what you mean, I've just finished Terra's story on critical on BBSFM, haven't been killed yet at all which is a complete oddity to me, especially compared to my 2FM playthrough I just finished on proud in which I got killed more than I care to mention (still got optional bosses to go on BBS though so I don't think the no kill streak will hold). I think possibly it's not that it's easier per say, more that for me I really made it a huge deal in my head about how difficult it would be, steeling myself for having to face every boss 10 times over before I beat it, when in reality if you play it safe it's not too bad :)

6. dabestgamer Traverse Town Homebody

Should try LV1, then.

I don't think you'll have such an easy time unless you really know what you're doing.

7. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

I know what you mean. Sure you only obtain half your regular HP but overall Critical Mode for this game wasn't that hard. Well not as hard as certain other games...*cough**cough* Devil May Cry.

8. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Critical is an oddity in Kingdom Hearts due to it giving you advantages. And you would hardly be the first to claim that those advantages outweigh the difficulty increase. I personally don't see it, but it may be a play-style thing. But what I will say is a huge part of what makes critical mode what it is, is the EXP Zero ability. By swapping it on and off you can balance your stats against your game progress to make things appropriately difficult for you. And at it's highest form is the level 1 run, and just try to tell me that is easier than proud.

9. Cloudmighty Moogle Assistant

Yep I feel like Crit Mode was designed for Level 1 in mind. But then again I felt like Crit in BBS was a joke too >.>

10. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

Did you unlock EXP Walker early on? Because that's what I did in my second run-through and the Zack battle (and everything else) was a breeze.