No Thanks Credits System

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Cin, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Inasuma "pumpkin"

Actually it is possible. I've seen it done on other vB forums, all you need is the right upgrade/package for vB to enable it. lol

2. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

Yeah but we have it now. I'm saying that the rep system shouldn't be changed or exchanged for the credits system unless we get more ideas on how it should work.

3. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

We could have it and the rep system, like what Pika said.

4. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    There's only so much info we can attain about a bloody game series, the site itself would be dead if all this was Kh-Vids, better to be Kh-Vids...with some fun stuff =D

We have additions to keep members amused and give them a reason to keep posting and stay with the site for those who like to socialize on this place it's a fundimental part to this forums existance, if this was just for kingdom hearts videos then a post count would be pointless also, nevermind rep or credits.

it's for pleasure, not a commandment to be obeyed.

5. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

I guess your right, but...still...I get my sigs and avvies from photobucket. And the only custom user title I care about is the one ill be able to make once I reach premium...

Im still confused about what credits could be for. (Sorry if I sound a little stupid...)

6. Jiηx You're such a loser.

with it not implimented obviously the options and possibilities are few, once it is started up ideas will emerge, people will explode with ideas and go make their credit shops and what not, not everyone gets their graphics from photobucket, my kristen bell one is made just for me for example.

7. Inasuma "pumpkin"

Actually Beat, the shop idea is a universal shop. It's implemented right into the forum, where members can click on it and spend their credits. =/

The staff are the ones that put the things they can buy inside of it. Those the types of idea's that will get suggested, I think.

8. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

I've heard of this. and I agree for it to make it happen. On some BBS forums they have the munny system in it.
    There were people that made shops and created little tiny cute object thingies like food or toys. Even name changes and colour changes. (Though I don't know about colour change...well, depends.. just a certain range of colours if possible so people don't look like members of staff. )

9. Gentle Rain Banned

I've been on forusm with a munny system before, and it worked out pretty well.

10. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

Yeah but according to Cin, you get credits from posts...spamzone doesnt count posts.

11. Chevalier Crystal Princess

Yeah, but look at what CTR said. It makes a lot of sense. I mean, posting would become a chore rather than something you want to do. That's my only complain, and a post is a post, even when it isn't counted so I have to go with Kay on that part.

EDIT: btw, Cin suggested the idea of course, but we are pointing out ways to improve it.

Yeah...I don't want to sound annoying or mean, just clarifying.

12. Cia (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧*.✧

CIN HAS GREAT IDEA.

:I No seriously. I've seen credits being used loads of times on other forums. You can even have transactions of credits to other people if you want. Rather nifty and I love the idea of having them be called munny. I bet people would join just for that.

13. Jiηx You're such a loser.

yeah cause like we all didn't see a KH site call it munny >.>

14. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Most credit systems I've experienced are not awarded by post, but rather by the length of the post.

Therefore, a one-liner awards you let's say 0.50, whereas someone who wrote a compelling essay gets awarded 5. I've seen this in action and it completely works. A forum I used to smod back in day even went so far as to put in a Bank system where they can deposit currency into it and gain a percentage of daily interest.

Now the only reason why I would see this not working is because frankly, there is a large volume of members on this site and many of them aren't particularly mature enough to handle this. So to counter this, consider basing credit awardment on the length of one's post (except for probably in the spamzone) as opposed to simply posting as a means to alleviate this 'abuse' that some of you are worried about.

The credit system in general isn't really that complicated and doesn't impact the forum in any way that would cause substantial abuse. The fact that some of you feel it *will* become a form of abuse is simply a reflection of your understanding of just how messed up a majority of the members here are.

And if you're really concerned, then consider the awards one can purchase with the credits. Make them things that are inconsequential to the forum's well-being (ex. Usertitle changes, username color changes), simple aesthetic upgrades that don't harm anyone.

15. T3F Chaser

Well, after taking about 20 minutes to read this thread I've made a desiscion.

YES! YES! OH GOD YES!

lol. I'm so sick and tired of rep. It drives me nuts!!!

As for credits, it might actually be fun.

I'm repeating what most of you said. I'm all for it!

Do I get credits 4 that? =D

16. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Rep will still be there.

I didn't read the entire thread, but I assumed rep will still be there regardless.

17. SplitOverload Chaser

Rep will still be here. I say go for this. People here aren't going to get that concerned into this "munny" that they'll write meaningless posts. Just stop it from the SZ. It'll cause even more hits than it already has. Give it to the other forums, so it can get up and start running and fit as fast as the SZ runs on a daily basis =\

18. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

It's a pretty good idea and not very hard to add to kh-vids and will make the noobs feel more welcome and confident rather then with the rep system. And the rep system was whored and still is...but the question is, what will the credit system buy?

19. Haseo Knight of Light

So far munny has been suggested to be used for: paying people in graphic shops, a reward for helping someone or winning a contest, and buying username changes, username colors, custom user titles, etc.

20. Repliku Chaser

I'm really not seeing any advantage to this at all. A lot of people don't seem to see it as a waste of time but I do because this 'credits' system doesn't have a point existing here where you can go ask people for help to make things for free and many people here are nice enough to do it.

Also, it forces people to have to do this thing with forum 'money' that just gets in the way, would be abused and people would complain of favoritism etc as it is being abused.

It doesn't have anything to do with rep so I am leaving rep out of this. However, I think the credit system actually controls people and may seem like fun for a while but this isn't a role-playing game...it's a chat forum and this forces people to have to do work so that others can have any use for these credits at all. It means that volunteer stuff may become a thing of the past such as people who design people free avatars etc and get rep often in exchange. Also, this cannot be done throughout the entire forum so certain areas would get advantages over others and people would flock there with posts etc and they may be pointless threads just to get that 1 point etc, which already sometimes happens with rep, but most people are used to rep and don't really bank their lives on having to have it. Intro'ing something new is going to raise the expectations, especially if people assume they are getting free stuff with forum fake money.

This is not to say people are -bad- as some others are saying. It's just to say I'd hate to force people to setting up a system and making things for this credit 'store' and others to expect stuff and yet not get much any way. It just seems not needed at all and I think there are better answers out there like rewards for some competitions we can host here etc, which would let things be not so demanding and also take away the fact people 'freely' do things for others now that would get suddenly 'charged' for. Also, why have credits when you can just change your username by -asking- for it. Username colors probably won't change as we are stuck with a color by what ranks (i.e. user, premium, mod, admin) users are. Custom user titles come automatic when you hit Premium which takes away one of the benefits of being Premium. Also, changing your username more than once is also a perk of Premium. So you cripple more than one thing adding this credit system in.