No Thanks Credits System

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Cin, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Inasuma "pumpkin"

Usually a credit system does not affect your rep points at all, because they are a totally different operating system for the forum in terms of posting.

At least that's what I've seen.

I mean, let's be honest, every vB forum has a rep system. lol It'd be really odd not having one. D:

2. Misty gimme kiss

At what Cupcake brought up: Don't members already act high and mighty because of their posts counts? Besides, if it was really bad, we could warn them.

And I agree with Orange -- no significant changes to the usernames (color, bold, italics, etc) should be allowed. It would be much too confusing.

3. Haseo Knight of Light

Custom usertitles being purchased would be nice also. Considering how much harder it is to get 50+ plus rep than 1000 posts.

4. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

We could have it that you could change your font, that wouldn't be confusing, just like some people have different handwriting than others.(my preferred font is tahoma btw)

5. SplitOverload Chaser

I support credit system. There's no problem to it...and even if there was I wouldn't care XD

Now, the shop system I'm not into. Buying italicized names and stuff. I don't wanna' start holding onto my "munny" and start paying debt and **** XD

But whatever. Both ideas work fine in their own ways.

6. Inasuma "pumpkin"

Well it's not like people are going to change their username colors/styles to match that of a staff members.

Plus, staff members are listed in the View Forum Leaders page. If they are confused, they can know where to look or where to be pointed in for the right answer.

I do agree it will be confusing, though. We'd need more uses for those features though than just what we are suggesting. Maybe usergroups, clubs, and the like could be added to compensate for the incredible amount of time it will take to gain enough points for some of these things. *throwing out idea's* =/

7. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

I'm disagreeing with this suggestion for this reason, it isn't fair that some members would be unable to gain credits etc just because they don't post in the post counting sections.

It is a nice idea, but I'm sorry, I personally see it as something that is biased and more likely to cause trouble than anything else. There are issues already with people being jealous of rep, can you imagine if it is something that actually coutns for something?

It isn't fair that some people wouldn't be able to have access to things just because they don't have the credits, not everyone comes to KHV for the sections where their posts count, some prefer the spam zone, people like to RP and have their families. Holding them back isn't fair.

I also think that in the long run it would just lead to the same issue we have now, it would be whored and then everyone would start complaining about that too.

8. SplitOverload Chaser

Better to try and see. Then we'll know what's wrong and try to fix it, CtR.

Technically, DW's got a point. If they want staff, it's clearly shown on the Staff Members page.

Now I have an idea that'll maybe help. It's really common and used idea. Especially for the graphic section. Now, like...psd giving would cost some credits, some exclusive tuts would cost credits. Stocks won't technically count for credits, but can be used as a token of appreciation. These little things can pull the whole credit **** and start it out. Put it on a start. I'm sure other graphic members can do this idea too so I'm not seeing a problem here on this.

9. cronoking Chaser

CtR kinda has a point. There are alot of old members here that dont really venture into those areas that count because they'd rather have fun with their families and stuff. They wouldnt get points and would be limited just because they dont wanna talk about things that dont interest them. She's also right about it causing more trouble. At the moment rep is only used to get premium, and you dont need much of it. But if it actually was used towards something, more problems and fights would arise. This idea works great on GFX forums since people can buy/sell their works and on RP forums where they use points to buy things pertaning to the RP, but on this forum where RP's dont count and GFX makers are only a select bunch, it kind of makes it unbalanced. Refinement and planning of this idea would be needed if it is going to work properly.

10. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    I won't deny that I think it's a little pointless, but it would amuse most members, so go for it.

11. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

I see how that could work. And I do think it'd be a good addition to the forum, especially since rep can get a litle out of hand.
    Like rep whoring, dereps for stupid reasons, etc.

Providing that it doesn't take away credits like rep, I'd support this.

But on the flip side, there's older members that don't go into some sections, spammers that will whore it anyway, and a lot of potential problems.

I'm neutral on this, I guess.

12. SplitOverload Chaser

How about start out with the number of credits corresponding to the number of posts when the system initiates?

13. Peyton Goddess Of Love ♥

Cin, I actually agree 100% with everything you've said in this thread.

14. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

You can't even do those things, trust me, Darky and I have tried.

(I think you can still still remnants of our experiments in a few sticky threads and announcements)

15. Haseo Knight of Light

Perhaps we should make it so if we have credits, spam zone is the only forum that doesn't count, since that just what it is, spam. But other forums where posts don't count should still give credits. Otherwise it would be unfair for most members.

16. MasterNightmare Gummi Ship Junkie

I'd like that, like be able to buy a custom User Title, and only 1 change per buy... then you'd have to earn up money to get another... but, at 1 a post, and a certain amount someone pays? make it 5 a post, so things aren't to slow...

17. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

Credits should only be awarded for posts that have content and reason for existing. No one should get rewards for posts in spam. I think maybe we could make creds count for forum families and such, but no spam.

And it wouldn't be whored if people used it right.

And btw, it's about as fair as real life. If you want something, you have to work for it. If members think the amount of creds they have is unfair, they are able to change it if they want, unlike rep.

18. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

Like what? What could we "barter" for on a kh-vids forum?
    I think people forget that this forum is dedicated to talking about a videogame, even though a majority of people in this forum are inactive or in the spamzone...so...

With that being said, what could we use the credit system for in terms of something kh related? Or anything else here at all?

Im totally for the idea, I see no problems in it...but it seems a bit uneeded. Or unaplicable. Maybe we just need to modify the rep system?

19. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

and your point? So is the rep system.

20. P Banned

It can be used to buy things like name changes, or custom titles. It can also be a way of purchasing sigs and such.

You can only earn a max amount per day.

They can be used in games forums too, for games such as werewolf (a fun, whodunnit RP type game) as a prize for winning. Contributing to the site would also get you Munny, such as making a breakthrough in coding, or finding a new video.

For those who have no idea how it works, you get one Munny per post, a cap per day (Say, 20.) Then you can also donate/pay other people. This is done by choosing to give them Munny, and you would specify the amount. The munny would then be taken away from your own munny supply, and added to the other person's.

Got it memorized? It is a fun system. It could also be used to buy the ability to see the premium area if you are not premium.

We should keep rep alongside it. I like rep too much for it to vanish...