No Thanks Credits System

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Cin, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

Yeah, this has probably been suggested 80 times already, but I beg you all to at least read my post and take the idea into consideration.

For those that don't know, a credits system is basically a form of forum money, or a bartering system that can be used for many things. It's a hell of a lot better then the rep system.

Alright, so, first off, every post that you make equal 1 credit, that way even noobs and those who aren't that popular can still make credits. You can give credits for a post you think was good, for a service like buying a sig from a sig shop, as a prize for a competition, or a reward for helping someone.

Yes, the system is a bit unnecessary(So is rep), but it heightens the forum experience and really makes it feel more like a working community rather then just a collection of teenagers. And I can actually see something like this being used in various parts of the forum, most importantly the graphics and art area.

I've seen the credits on a few forums, most of them were for graphic design and such. I'm really only suggesting this because I do believe it's a good idea, and one that'll probably be a lot better then the rep system that we have right now. There aren't MANY problems with rep other then the fact it's whored so often, that it has no real meaning anymore. At least the credits system would be harder to cheat.

2. Chevalier Crystal Princess

what would we accomplish with that?

unless , you could actually use the credits

because what youre suggesting is we just change the name from rep to credit

or maybe people might only do stuff if you give them enough credits, the rep system doesnt exactly let you choose the amount of rep you give

example, lets say you would charge 20 credits and i only had ten, then i woulnt have the awesome sig i have right now

but your idea, is one of the ones that might actually be good.

3. cronoking Chaser

Yeah, rep is whored disgustingly. And I have seen this at graphics forums and work well. Although since this isnt isnt a graphics forum, I dont know how well it'll work here. But it could be used for many things that would make the forum more alive since it gets pretty dead between KH games.

4. Chevalier Crystal Princess

well , yeah

but, i havent actually seen rep- (im not gonna say the rest)

it, might work....to some extent

but, there must be some other way to actually , use the credits in more than the graphics.

5. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

I listed examples of ways to use the credits outside of the graphics forum. And really, people can be inventive, the system can be used for basically anything.

6. Chevalier Crystal Princess

you mean that, i was thinking of something else

like forum privileges.

EDIT:

yeah , this system might be more useful

7. Misty gimme kiss

I really like the idea of a Credits system. And yeah, not only the Graphics section could use it -- it could be like rep. If someone helps you out, like answers a question or helps you fix your computer, you could give them a few credits. Plus, instead of making people wait for 300 posts and 5 months of membership, they could just buy a name change.

I like it. We could call it Munny or something, to keep with the Kingdom Hearts theme.

8. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

Good idea, I never thought of that. XD

^See, inventiveness and creativity!

9. Inasuma "pumpkin"

I suggested a long time ago we integrate a vB shop, and the same credit system.

It was going to be done but we never did it. lol

So yeah I say yes. We should have a credit system and (maybe) a shop system too.

With a shop system, people can use their credits/points to BUY username changes (such as color, italicized text, bolded name, etc), bigger avatar size (from what they have), more lines for their signature, etc.

Oh yeah, and I also have seen on other vB forums with a shop system, that people can actually have their own private bank/storage for their points/credits. That way no one can "steal" them (which is another thing).

/overdetailedstuff

:3

10. Destiny's Force Mess with the best, lose like the rest...

But what about the derepping part?

It wouldn't be fair to have "credit" taken away from you for minor little things. Or is there none of that in the credit system?

Just asking. :huh:

11. Hakurei Reimu Take my hand. And then I'll fly with you right up

I'd be in for this. Like most others, I've seen it work pretty well in other forums.

But there seems to be one flaw, 1 credit per post?! *stares at Spamzone* yea...

As for the whole rewards scheme, I was thinking:

We DID have an arcade...

Maybe there could be a function which we could unlock more games or challenges with other mems. That way we can actually promote some kind of spirit here rather than visiting the spamzone as our only resource for fun.

I dunno, this idea seems gd and bad at the same time...

12. Destined Working for WDW

if we were to integrate a credit system into khv, what would happen to the rep we've currently aquired, would it still exist, would it be transfered over into the credit system? if we did it, i'd have to say no to the forum families, role-playing and spam, maybe more emphasis in the creative aspects like the graphic departments and writing.

I'm on the fence about this, i don't like change, but this sounds cool.

13. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

I've never liked the rep system at all really, so I PERSONALLY feel that if it were to be done then the boards would be wiped clean for everyone. But that's just me.

And posts don't count in those areas, meaning you wouldn't get creds for them, since technically you don't get posts.

14. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

I've seen this work well on another forum, a forum about the Spyro games. The thing is, I like the way that you are saying 1 per post because there if you types 100 words you got 75 credit (called gems) this meant that grafficy people and ones who posted long posts often had like 15553522 gems in no time. It was quite funny actually because they put it all in the bank but there was a 5% withdrawal charge so he had to pay 77767 gems to get the ones he had in the bank out! But I digress. I think this is a really good idea. people could pay for like sigs and stuff and like to have their name in a different font or for a name change. We could even have graphics auctions or slave auctions "Buy a staff member for a day" or something like that. I appwoove. ^_^

15. Chevalier Crystal Princess

well, yea

clawthooth nice point , in fact

but, to actually know if this would work on kh vids.....

we would need to test it.

16. Haseo Knight of Light

coughReplikucough

It'd would be better than rep. After all, the only way it could get smaller is by you spending it. It would need to be 1 credit per post no matter how long. Otherwise people (coughReplikucough) would have way too much compared to others. I like the idea of buying username changes and stuff like that. But that's just me.

17. Sexy Sheva Banned

This idea does seem like a good idea, but i am against it for a few reasons

Some people might abuse this system and try and act all 'High and Mighty' to those who have lesser amounts. It would make others feel left out also, I did this on a forum once and it was all chaos. There were so many ppl wanting to get rid of it, but the others who were 'Prems' and Mods and all that were picking on the newer ones because they couldn't access vertain forums because they didn't have any credits.

So no, I am against *thumb down*

18. O R A N G E C is the heavenly option

between an erupting earth and an exploding sky
    Well, it essentially depends on the limits put on things people can get with credits and how easy it is to get them. I understand what you're saying, cupcake, but then again, new members are always going to have less than prems and mods, as it is with rep [in most cases], but that is how it should be since prems and mods have been on the forum longer. You just have to limit those things.

I'm for the idea of a credit shop, however I don't think that username changes such as bold or italicized should be available. It'd get too confusing what with the mods and stuff. However, I'm all for being able to purchase signature space, username changes, and bigger file sizes for avatars, so long as, obviously, there's a maximum limit to those things.

It could work if its done correctly. It could be a challenge because there are so many ways to abuse it, but if it isn't abused, I think it could be a positive part of the forum.

19. Sexy Sheva Banned

I'm not too worried about that because the rep system is the same and no one says anything mean or anything, I can understand that! I'm just trying to say what happened on this old forum i went on. The members that had higher credits were saying other stuff to the younger new members. I would only be against it is if i think someone would bash another member over this.

It does sound like a great idea. It was funner on the other forum, and I'll be for it, if all the prems mods and admins would consider keeping their minds open towards others who haven't got as much.. They're trying or they just don't want to..

But I do have a question. Would everything be the same? Like when we became prems we got other stuff and nothing really changed. I'm just hoping it won't cause too much destruction to the forum

Oh shit

Maybe they'll take it into consideration, but if they add it to the system, wouldn't that cause more Data Base Errors? The site had so many changes lately and it's been messing up lately D:

20. O R A N G E C is the heavenly option

between an erupting earth and an exploding sky

Well what I was saying was that the higher members have more rep right now and they're not saying stuff to the younger and new ones. If it becomes a problem and an older member is constantly harassing a younger one, than obviously they'd get warned, but it's already like that now. I doubt that'd happen.

Things like that aren't what causes the db errors n' such, I don't think, and if we're getting rid of the rep system for it it's not like it'd be taking up THAT much space. Forum changes aren't responsible for db errors.