Couple of New Info + Newer info

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Xaldin, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Xaldin ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's been a bit more information running around the net, some as rumors, some as not, however here is what we have so far, courtesy of KH-2.net

First up is the Nomura interview, translated by Tomogirl

The next bit, is another translation from Tomo yet again.

There is a new mini-game that's added into Re:CoM. It's called "Vegetable Panic" which can be found in 100 Acre Woods.

Finally to add on, a 2ch member, managed to find a bit more information, which was later confirmed by another posted, saying it was from one of the latest magazines, and the information sounds good.

Edit: It's totally unknown now if this is true or not, due to both A. The firs tposter saying it's what they expected from KH2FM+, and the other saying this was said in a magazine.

1 - There is a soft reset.
    2 - Lock on switching has been enabled.
    3 - There is a little expansion added to the features of Jiminy's Journal (They believe it might have to do with the character model viewing)
    4 - When doing the Roxas vs Axel battle, second time, a different expression has been added to Roxas, when he gets hit by Axel this time.

Source: KH-2.net FF13vids and 2ch

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Xaldin, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Jade Rhade
      Jade Rhade
      WOW that's a lot of information to absorb all at once...

The line about the English voices not being added... does that mean that there's no chance of FM+ coming to North America, or does that just mean that they haven't dubbed the game as of YET?

Thanks for the update, Xaldin!
      ~Jade
    2. RoxasRox
      RoxasRox
      No english voices? I thought FM+ was in all english...
      hm...i could be wrong...

thanks for updates Xaldin!!!~
    3. finalArcanaXXX
      finalArcanaXXX
      What! The whole game's cutscenes are in japanes?!:eek:
    4. bennyjr123
      bennyjr123
      No, do you guys remember with the first game? The whole game was in english, except for the new scenes in it, which had no voices at all and japanese subtitles.

I have a feeling that if they don't release final mix this will release Re:COM and make it seperate. Even though I still think they will being giving up a huge chance to make a whole lot of money.
    5. Inasuma
      Inasuma
      Someone tell me how to pre-order!!! >.<

Do I have to pre-order to get that extra stuff it mentioned? Because crap. XD

Thanks, Xaldin. ^_^
    6. libregkd
    7. Soushirei
      Soushirei
      By extra stuff, he meant the Another Report booklet, most likely.
      If it comes to North America, they're going to most likely just translate the subtitles into English and change the menus--Re:CoM is a different story of course.

It's a big hassle to recall voice actors back to do full-scene script recordings on such short notice--since it involves new contracts, scheduling for recordings which may or may not conflict with other things those VAs may be doing.
    8. libregkd
    9. Antidote
      Antidote
      I knew it! I knew there'd be no English voices to go with the extra scenes. The Roxas & Xemnas scene is just recycled from KHII like I thought >_> Roxas said his name quite a few times during the game, and obviously Xemnas said the words: the, new and you during KHII and they just threw them together to conjur up the sentence. No wonder it sounds so robotic and out of place. Square is so cheap -_- they could've at least added the extra effort to get the scenes voiced. KH:FM was stupid enough since all the cutscenes were voiced except 3 of them, and the Sora vs Unknown scene were recycled voices. But FM+ is gonna have a lot more extra scenes and it'll be crap. Having a game where parts of it are voiced and parts with no voices is no good.
    10. libregkd
    11. Antidote
      Antidote
      Oh come on, it can't cost THAT much to get a few extra scenes voiced? Oh and while it's on my mind, they must be hiring some people for the Org. fights? I wonder if they'll have any lines, like talk to Sora before you fight. When you fight them, it'd be silly for them to be silent. They need to hire people just for grunts and attacks when fighting!? haha, well, they got people for GBA CoM in Japan for battle grunts and laughing!
    12. libregkd
    13. Soushirei
      Soushirei
      You also have to take into account that not only are the VAs usually high-class, the range from which they come from is a lot bigger than JP's seiyuu list.

I can't recall any names now, but the NA voice cast for both KH and KH2 comprised of both US and Canadian voice actors. Accomodation for transportation costs, as well as the inevitable fact that most North American voice actors have a much higher 'hiring price' than Japanese one has be to accounted for. Japan, on the other hand, isn't a continent. People often forget that when we consider the three main branches of region releases: Japan, NA, Euro--Japan is by far the smallest and most manageable in terms of both its marketing campaign and budget.

So of course this begs the question about the future of Re:CoM: will they just translate the subtitles and leave the Japanese audio in? Or will they actually go the extra mile? The latter makes it harder to produce a NA release.

Random note: Marluxia's japanese seiyuu is the same one who did Dullindal in Gundam Seed Destiny. Haha, that just made me laugh. He's such a good 'diplomatic ' villain.

You'd be surprised how much more expensive it can be to do 'few' scenes than many. It's more of an 'investment' to voice actors when they sign a contract for a game that will require several hours of recordings. In this sense, the time spent to fly over to the recording studios, spending days in hotels, etc, are all 'worth' it in the sense that they are involved quite a bit in the game.

Now consider the same amount of work required to schedule and fly back over to the same recording studio to recite a few lines. Suddenly it's not all that worth flying over for now is it? At least, not to the same degree. The hassle overshadows the limelight. This is even more difficult for any Canadian voice actors that hypothetically would be chosen to voice a few lines. Japan is a different story since it's a much smaller country, and makes bringing in 'locals' a lot easier to do for a far cheaper price.

While many like myself enjoy and prefer Japanese voice acting over English, it is a fact that hiring North American voice actors is a lot more expensive, since many of these voice actors have appeared in Hollywood films, successful TV shows, and some are accomplished music artists. This same success is not the same for the Japanese community (ex. How many Japanese films have made it to the Hollywood level? Music artists that have been successful outside Japan? TV shows?) Most Japanese media is strictly national and doesn't make it to international networks (satellite doesn't count).