Support Connecting PSP to Computer

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Amaury, Oct 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amaury Legendary Hero

Sorry for the stupid question, but what's CFW?

2. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Custom firmware. I hadn't brought it up since it is somewhat tricky and mildly risky to set up, but one of the homebrew plugins that has been made is for video capture.

But since you have a 3000 model PSP you can use a composite out cable for gaming and that costs like 5 bucks.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

Basically what Hatok linked me to, right?

4. Mixt The dude that does the thing

That is an option but what I was getting at is one of these.
    Note: That was just the first one I saw, I'm sure you can get cheaper if you look around.

Although I can't say for sure that it would work. The consensus I'm getting from quick research seems to be that PSP-200x can't use it for games but PSP-300x can. But the responses have been all over the place on that one.

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work. It's yellow, white and red, which would hook into the composite plugins on the back of the Roxio USB plugin.

For those curious, this is what the Roxio plugin I had that broke looked like.

Notice how it can detach from the main part? That's what I think broke. It's kind of stupid how they built that. I need one more like this, which is also from Roxio, but I don't know which version or whatever it's from.

This is what I had.

6. A Zebra Chaser

CFW isn't really tricky at all, just move some files in, press the buttons to install and boom. You may have to fiddle with the settings for Remote Joy a little, but still
    The end result is a nearly free method of easily recording with top of the line quality

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.