Combat Expectations?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Iskandar, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Well, apparently Tetsuya Normua is working on the secret ending to KH3 right now, that I just read in an article on my phone which I can not get on my desktop. And there's also the combat that's going to be in the game.

It seems that the whole gimmick with the keyblade changing to guns is a plot mechanic that happens early on that Sora is endowed with, and he can also change the keyblade into "vehicles and other objects on the fly". There's going to be flow motion, keyblade transformations, team attacks, and basic free run in the combat as well. The normal button mashing routine is still up for use, but apparently there's also "intricate combos" as well, so I'm guessing it's either something like normal fighting games or Force Unleashed, where you push different buttons to get different attacks, or it's like KH2 where you get some skills at points and push the O or ⬜ buttons.

I'm a little more interested in that combat if it's true there's going to be different ways to do combos, but what about you guys?

2. Patman Bof

Massive yay on my end, intricate combos were the one thing KH combat sorely missed IMO. I just hope it won' t involve pushing directions based on your opponent' s position because the camera angle can make you mess those up (as in Type 0 for instance). It would be a minor annoyance though, I' d still be glad to have that kind of flexibility.

3. Barakon-King Traverse Town Homebody

I was glad to see Nomura talk about the combat and mention that even tho there's a lot going on onscreen, it's more player controlled than ever. All the summon flashiness had me worried about the game devolving into a bunch of special move scenes and simplified combat like FFXV did. Removing the reaction command surprised me too, those actually weren't too intrusive and some were pretty fun combat minigames (like the duel w/ the samurai nobody).

Hopefully this means Nomura is overhauling the combat system similar to what Versus was before Square Enix ****in gutted it but hey, that's neither here nor there. Anyway, maybe this means he's expanding upon the 1 and 2 systems were there were actual combo strings and different launchers/finishers to mix things up. Adding more keyblade combat moves is something I'm really hoping for since playing the game that way feels more like a Devil May Cry title, but I'll settle for whatever I get.

4. CloakedThunder Destiny Islands Resident

Intricate combos does sound interesting, I don't mind the idea either way as along as it implemented into the game well. If it is different buttons for different attacks I am quite curious to see how they would handle that or if they will have a way for Sora to charge up his attacks like some of the limit form commands in KH2. Also I wonder how they are going to handle Sora's abilities in KH3 if that will be similar to KH2 or if they will go for a completely new idea.