Color Boards of Cancelled 'Kingdom Hearts' TV Show Released

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Heart ❤, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

[​IMG]

As some may or may not know, Kingdom Hearts was being developed into a TV show by Disney at one point. Most, if not all information currently known about the unreleased TV show has been released by director and storyboard artist, Seth Kearsley.

Recently, Kearsley released new colored storyboards for this cancelled TV show on his DeviantArt. A link to the storyboards (and his description) can be found HERE and down below (click on the image to fully see the image!~).

KH SB1.png KH SB2.png KH SB3.png KH SB4.png KH SB5.png KH SB6.png KH SB7.png KH SB8.png KH SB9.png

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2017
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Heart ❤, Dec 31, 2016.

1. 61
      thank god this didnt happen
    2. Arch
      Arch
      Can't imagine this turning out to be very good. We'll never know now though. But thankfully we won't need to live through yet another KH1.
    3. Amaury
      Amaury
      Why would they cancel something that would have been a hit?
    4. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      Man, they skipped about half of the game with what would probably have been the first 10 minutes or so, if that
    5. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      The more I hear about this show, the more I'm actually glad it never came to be. I know the storyboards wouldn't have been indicative of the final product, but I feel the show's art style could never have mimicked the look of the original KH characters well. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, it was also said that Sora wouldn't have been voiced by Haley Joel Osment... which would've sucked.
    6. Noizless
      Noizless
      I would have loved for this to have happened, and I just heard about it from this. T~T Disney, please.
    7. Day~Dream
      Day~Dream
      I'm kind of glad it got cancelled. I don't feel a tv show done by Disney would capture the essence of the series. I feel like they would dumb it down for a much younger audience. I would prefer it to be turned into an anime done by SE like they did with FF15.
    8. Fearless
      Fearless
      While I do actually really like the style of these boards (which seem really fluid and good for action-y stuff), and I agree that this would've been really interesting to see come to fruition, I also kind of agree that it's probably better in the long run that this never happened. I'll be the first to complain about this series' problems, but overall I'm really happy with where Kingdom Hearts is at as a series right now, and there's a good chance things could have changed dramatically had we had an animated series.
    9. C
      C
      I would have watched it. Bring it back, Disney.
    10. Korosu
    11. DualBladeRoxas
      DualBladeRoxas
      In my opinion I think this would've turned into a disaster for core fans. Disney would try to turn it into a children's show with Sora GROWING UP and LEARNING about teamwork and dedication and... the power.. of....oh, wait....
    12. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
      In fairness, Disney has put out some pretty serialized and actually really good cartoons in recent history--TRON: Uprising, for example, and though I haven't seen them, Gravity Falls and Star vs. The Forces of Evil get a lot of praise, too.
    13. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      I don't doubt Disney's ability to make a good animated show (I watch Star Wars: Rebels & Star vs. The Forces of Evil). I just feel a Japanese studio would be a better option to do a KH show as opposed to a Western studio, as I feel anime is the only way KH can truly be translated to the television screen (though to be fair, some Western shows have been using anime-style art in recent years). But from what I'm seeing in the boards above, the show wasn't going to look like an anime, so I feel like the characters would've looked absolutely horrible in the final product.