College

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by SORA!, Feb 17, 2013.

1. SORA! Gummi Ship Junkie

Ok so my lecturers keep giving me remediation-meaning I didn't pass the first attempt and now I think ive just had enough. I just broke down and cried and start up again when I think about it. My parents aren't that sympathetic as they just keep telling me to get a job. I feel like a failure and a complete idiot- who knew someone could be too stupid to look after children huh?- I love what I do but its too much.

I feel like my life has just gone to sh*t since I broke up with my ex in June, things just keep happening and it's not getting any better and if I being really honest I wouldn't really care anymore. I'm fed up with everything. Most people probably think their life is sh*t ...but mines will be in ruins if I can't pass college and then I don't know what would happen.

2. Plums Wakanda Forever

If you don't feel like you can handle college right now, you can take a leave of absence to settle the things that are troubling you before you go back. Honestly, while it may seem like it's just copping out, it takes a lot of courage and confidence to know that college might not be the right thing for you now instead of just continuing something that's only making you feel worse. Not going to college doesn't mean that you'll never do anything with your life; it'll be harder to find stable jobs when you get older yeah, but that certainly doesn't mean you're instantly out of the running. There have been lots of people who leave college and then go back when they're older and know they can do it/afford it.

It's gonna be confusing at first if you do decide to leave. I dunno if your parents are shoving it down your throat or not, but getting a part time job can make you feel like you're still doing something (plus money), and it'll give you something to take your mind off thinking about some things. You could also just do volunteer stuff, or even pursue a hobby you didn't/don't really have time to pursue now; just focus on finding some sort of coping mechanism and inner peace. It's definitely a big decision, and I do urge you to take time to think about it a lot, but college isn't something that you have to do right now -- you can always go back to it later on.

3. strfruit Gummi Ship Junkie

Let me say that you are most definitely NOT a failure nor are you an idiot. College is tough! And it takes a lot to attend college. Even a job looking after children requires a lot of work. Perhaps you are not quite ready to be in college at this very moment. You seem to be having other things impacting your life right now that is interfering with your school work. Take a breather.
    I am not telling you to drop out and give up, but to simply, as Plums said, take a leave of absence until you feel you are ready to take in all that work. As long as you love what you do, then you won't ever give up on it. You will just be pausing it temporarily so that you can get things in order. This way, when you are ready to continue, you will love it even more!
    Don't feel that you are giving up or becoming a failure. There is a time when most all people feel this way and it can be rough. But you hang in there! You can get through it and all will turn out in the end ^-^

4. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

It's honestly not the end of the world. I failed to get into uni twice, first with failing grades, so I had to retake a year and the second time when the uni I had spent years pursuing to get into which resulted me being an unemployed bore and rain on my parents. I felt terrible to have failed life so badly, I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, I cried and worried about it a lot t the time, having no success in your goals is really frightening.
    I wasn't sure what my future held, I was depressed, everything looked like it was going to be terrible in the future whilst I was in that mood. Honestly, all I did at that point was charge through. I was unemployed for months and took the first job that came to me. I enjoyed it, or at lest appreciated it, and what it did with my life. It made me want to try for uni again, look for a new one, the old ambition could stuff it after rejecting me for so long.
    And so I did, here I am just over a year later, at uni, enjoying my time and my course, doing well on it.

Things change, quicker then we realise. All it takes is bit of effort in. You want to continue college, do it. Do better next time, you'll feel better for tackling your problems and overcoming them. If you're parents aren't supportive of your ambitions and dreams then ignore their advice, it's not helpful to be surrounded by negativity. Don't mull over your boyfriend, you have some feelings for him still i'm guessing, talk to someone about it close to you, or talk to him. You need to put it to rest an feel better from it.

It's a matter of pushing through and doing the best you can in the state your in. Never give up, you know your depressed and in a bad mood. It will pass. Push through, you can do it. And if you need to talk, we're here! : )

5. muff monkey Twilight Town Denizen

If you don't think you'll be able to pass college, please take a break. It looks better than a bunch of failing grades. Universities will also let you back in when you feel the time is right to continue your schooling.

The first time I went to college, one of my best friends had just passed away in a car accident. I ended up not going to 75% of my classes and would have failed. I made the decision to drop out half way through the first semester, and took a year and a half off to put myself back together. I recently started college again (about a month ago), and I am doing great. I skip a few classes (but srsly, when you have a class three times a week at eight in the morning, there are just some days you do not want to go), but I am easily able to catch back up on what I've missed.

In order to succeed in college, you need to be in the right state of mind. It's stressful, and if you have other things bothering you, you're not going to do well.