No Thanks Coders get more power

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Firekeyblade, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

But how would giving those same sectional moderator permissions to you as a Coder not cause stress?
    And you know, you don't have to come back right away - I'm sure everyone would understand that you are recovering and that it's going to take a while.

2. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

And do what lay down in bed for the next two months wondering wtf happened to my life. Yeah sounds real fun.
    I didn't expect things to change simply because I came back.

And if everyone was so understanding then why would the staff sit back and let Super Nova go and call me out mentioning me going to the hospital and just edit the posts. Don't yell at him or anything it is fine. But God forbid I do one thing wrong and I get a lecture. To be honest I am wondering why the hell I am even talking about this. Nothing is going to change. It never does.

3. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

It's your choice to come back at this time, don't blame the site for that. I know recovery is tough, believe me, but if it helps you in the long run why risk it?

How about because we didn't know? I didn't know, as did two of the other super mods I spoke to that are on every day. If something didn't happen after the first time, why not ask another staff member? We can only help if we know something is happening, no one is omnipresent.

4. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

So it is my fault. ****ing awesome. As for why risking it is I don't care anymore I really don't.

Plus I blamed the site because the staff member that did address the matter just let it go like it was nothing. That is god damn disrespectful.
    And I didn't mention it to the entire staff right away because I thought the one who was taking care of it was going to actually be human about it.
    Calling someone out is against the rules (we had a lovely history of that) and the fact that he mentioned me being sick isn't human. I am not blaming you per say I am blaming the one who "took care of it"

5. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

I'm just saying, it's your choice to come back. None of us would hold it against you if you did decide to take an extended break.

Can you PM me exactly what happened and who was involved, please? I've literally heard nothing about this, and I will bring it up to the other staff members, because it seems like none of us knew what happened either.

6. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Holy **** you can't be serious I told them about it. WTF my god this place blows.

7. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

I have yet to speak with anyone staff that has heard of this besides you, none of us know who you are even talking about. Can you kindly show me where this was brought up or "mentioned several times?" I'd like to see it.

8. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Who is them? Because I just talked to five other staff members, none of whom have heard of this.
    If something wrong was done against you, then by all means, I do want to set it right. :/

9. Chevalier Crystal Princess

Going to lock this for the time being. We're taking actions on the matter of this suggestion.

Oh, and Luxord...

We apologize if we somehow gave you a misconception of what being a coder meant. There's clearly things that can be improved on the coder concept which have been overlooked. And this has obviously caused you much grief.

It's not a matter of who's right or wrong, but keeping the place running. If we don't solve this without pointing fingers people will get mad, and that's not the idea.

EDIT: As for an explanation about the "not listening". It's because I failed to notify all of the staff of the events transpired. I do make mistakes once and again. But be confused no longer, I did inform some of the staff, which you should already know.

This isn't about who's the victim and who's the aggressor. It's an issue which needs to be resolved. My failure to inform has nothing to do with how other staff operate regularly. So if you want to be mad at someone, I'm here.

There's still matters to discuss with the coders, but members may me dismissed for the time being. If any of you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me, or hit me up on MSN.

_Locked

10. Misty gimme kiss

To add to this, the distinction between Sectional Moderators and Coders (in addition to what I said earlier about interviews) is that Sectional Moderators deal with "bigger-picture" things; to be semi-specific, the sort of things we deal with in the staff section. Sectional Moderators do a lot more behind the scenes stuff, well beyond simply cleaning their section. And yes, Coders create codes--that is their only responsibility beyond cleaning--but that is something they could do as regular members, is it not? Much if not all of the Sectional Moderator's duties could not be done as a regular member. Coders do require knowledge that Sectional Moderators do not have, but Sectional Moderators require different things from Coders.

While yes, Coders do have duties that overlap with that of a Sectional Moderator, they are not a Sectional Moderator. If they were we wouldn't bother having a separate usergroup for them. That's not to say that Sectional Moderators are above Coders, or that their work is valued more than that of a Coder's. It's simply a different usergroup, with different requirements, and different powers. It's like comparing apples to oranges (pardon the pun).

To speak to Luxord specifically, you say we haven't listened to you, but did I not speak to you and ask for your side of the story? Additionally, if there is any issue, member-related or otherwise, you guys do have a Coding Staff Section, that I check frequently. It's not as if we're unreachable or closed to you. Furthermore, being on staff does not instantly mean everyone is going to respect and love you. You've got to earn that respect through your conduct and what you bring to the site. I'm sure if you ask any staff member, past or present, they'll tell you that their job was not all sunshine and rainbows; not everyone always liked them, and people frequently reacted poorly to them doing their jobs and/or attacked them for it. The most you can do is keep providing for the site and making it the best you can do, and hope that members respect you for that.
    Several staff members reassured you that we don't have anything against Coders, that we respect and value what you guys do greatly, but if you don't want to believe us that's up to you.

As for The Code Vault seeming isolated, is anyone really to blame for that? Is it really that different from any other section here? You've got the people who frequent the Graphic Art section, the people who frequent the Video Editing sections, the people who frequent the Music section, the people who frequent the Spam Zone etc, and yes, the people who frequent The Code Vault. And then there's people who jump around. Every section is a little isolated from the others; that's why they're sections. Giving the people who handle the section more power is not going to change any of that.

As I said earlier, any Coder who wishes to have equal powers to that of a Sectional Moderator can apply to be the Sectional Moderator of The Code Vault (or whatever other section they fancy). Coders will not be granted the same powers as Sectional Moderators without earning them through our hiring process, as everyone else with those powers did.

This is turning into an essay post so I'll stop here, but that's our decision. Apologies if some are displeased with it. That's life. We're not going to give into your demands simply because you've got a few people behind you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.