Cloverfield [warning:spoilers]

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Caetlin, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burnitup Still the Best 1973

That link doesn't work. And it was an asteroid.

2. Quiet Elegy This is the death of beauty.

you didn't see my edit, there are aleins, microscopic bacteria to be exact. And I'm only pecking at it because you're provoking me to.

http://hubblesite.org/reference_desk/faq/answer.php.id=22&cat=solarsystem

No it wasn't it was a metorite. and we're spost to be on the topic of CF

3. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Umm, excuse me? I say I like something about the movie and you come and smash me in the backside of the head with a frying pan.

It says they are small once they do get through the atmospher.

4. Quiet Elegy This is the death of beauty.

Oh, do you want me to, because I'm wanted to do that to for a while, if it was legal, hah, sooo many people would be rubbing thier heads in pain.

Besides, you have an opinion, I have an opinion, the only different? I base mine of more logical ideas, AND DON'T START THE "it's a freaking fictional movie" thing.

You didn't read the rest, they can be huge, big enough to stay solid till thiugh the atmoshpere and make an impact big enough to first fry the world, then cover it in darkness, then rain rocks, then frezze the world, when it's all over the world would be a few degrees cooler.

5. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I know you have your own opinion but you have to fight with me when ever I say anything about the film, I know it is fictional but I don't go around saying "That would never happen and so it sucks" like you are doing.

6. Dredica SNES was the best.

I'm not going to get involved, cause whenever I do, I almost get a warning, or the thread almost gets closed

*walks away...*

7. burnitup Still the Best 1973

So you are saying that an asteroid(which has been proven by science) didn't kill the dinosaurs?

8. Quiet Elegy This is the death of beauty.

Oh man, you are ignorant(just so EVERBODY knows, ignorant means lacking knowledge or facts on something), did you even read that whole link and get the facts? don't even try to argue with me about this, you said yourself science is stupid, does that no mean you don't pay attention beacuse it is stupid and boring? I take extra time just to read more into things and learn all I can.

9. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I did read the whole thing! Stop judging me.

10. Quiet Elegy This is the death of beauty.

Then if you really did you would see, it was an Metorite. Metorites are asteroids UNTILL the make contact with Earth's atmoshpere.

Now let's get back to CF before this gets locked for bing greatly off topic.

11. Dredica SNES was the best.

So does that mean the argument is over? And its safe to post again? '>_>

12. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I liked Cloverfiled it is the best film I have seen in a long time.

13. burnitup Still the Best 1973

She going to attack my post again and start another argument.

14. Quiet Elegy This is the death of beauty.

I guess so...

Now who is judging who? You're bing quite rude at the moment.

15. Dredica SNES was the best.

lol, as we are talking, there is a lion stalking its prey, getting ready to pounce, THE POST!

Umm, okay. Well anyway, did they nuke, or just used a big bomb to bomb the monster?

16. burnitup Still the Best 1973

So i'm going to make a plushie of the Cloverfiled monster, soon I hope.

What do you mean?

17. xekushi Gummi Ship Junkie

I've also said this from the start.

Yes, if it was living in deep water for these "thousands" of years, then it would have to spend a considerable amout of time getting use to the small amount of pressure from the shallower waters. Otherwise its body wouldn't function as it did in the deep and pretty much bleed from its nose and every other part of its body.

We're not saying its false. But we are saying that whats his face doesn't know everything.

I still don't believe this video that just showed up on the internet has any relation to the CF moive. If it is than that means that this director is aiming his movie at people that spend a lot of time on their computers. That is a pretty stupid thing to do seeing as their is still a large amount of people that don't know how to check their emails let alot a forum or video site. These potential fans are then left out on this would be important part of the film.

Thats why Sora was in the capsule. Also it is a different world which doesn't use the laws of physics like CF does. CF is a more realistic movie that can still use its own laws of whatever but a majority of them seem pretty bound to realism.

I agree.

That is still being debated like a lot of things relating to science.

18. Quiet Elegy This is the death of beauty.

Yea, if it wasn't for it being awful to the animal and pretty much impossible for me, I would drag you all out to the middle of the ocean, pull up an animal that lived deep down there and show you exaclty what would happen.

Yea, besides, if he did wouldn't we be hearing about him all over the news along with idiots asking
    "oh, how was the univers foremed?!"
    "is god real?!"
    what is the meaning of life?!"
    obveoulsy, he's not on the news and nobody is asking him that.

Great point, if it really was true wouldn't it be a little thing on tv as well?

I haven't seen it myself, does it even show the director speeking in it?

Yes, wasn't that the whole point of the movie? to make it seem as real as possible(ignoring the fact that there is a giant thing roaming around the city)?

Thanks.

Yes, and although there is some evidence that it could have happened, there are also another 2 reasons, both of them make sence. Although to tell the truth I don't think on their own they could have really taken out almost the whole world's population, I suspect that it may have been a combination of all three.

19. DancingCookie Traverse Town Homebody

So...in keeping with the traditional "awkward after-arguement topic change", who else thinks that Cloverfield won't be as good on a regular TV? I'll totally buy the DVD of it, but it'll so lose some of the magic unless my Dad can hijack another digital projector from his job.

20. Dredica SNES was the best.

It won't be good DancingCookie. I don't think it'll be the same cause of the theater's effect on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.