Cloverfield [warning:spoilers]

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Caetlin, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dredica SNES was the best.

>_> what ever. You always have to argue with burnitup. Its not a mutant if its like it's own race. Like would you consider us mutants?

2. Quiet Elegy This is the death of beauty.

I still say it it just couldn't work like that.

ALSO it would die if it was living deep down in the ocean, the huge water pressure down there would be what keeps it together, it's adaptred to that pressure. Where it to surface it would just die. Simple as that.

No, I don't ALWAYS have to argue with him.

That depends, in a way, yes.

3. burnitup Still the Best 1973

So that would mean this statment made by the producer JJ Abrams is false?

4. Dredica SNES was the best.

Wouldn't it kill it if it was frozen? And where would it have lived in if was frozen? Wait a second, wasn't it heading to New York from umm I forgot, Antartica thats right! Didn't it come from Antartica? Cause that would explain the whole 'frozen' effect.

5. Quiet Elegy This is the death of beauty.

You know what it really looked alot like? a Titan...one dunked in acid because of the way it's skin is.

6. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Last time I check there has been a bunch of films where things are frozen for thousands or millions of years and come out in modern(sp) times.

7. Quiet Elegy This is the death of beauty.

Thank you for saying that, very good point, and if it was under the ocean, doesn't ice have a tendancy to float? Although there is a special frog that can literally die and come back in winter....but only for a maximum of...7 years was it?

And I say all are kinda stupid in that aspect.

8. Dredica SNES was the best.

This whole frozen thing is reminding me of Sora sleeping for a year. Lets take it over to kingdom hearts. How the hell could Sora have sleeped that long with no food? And here is something else I just thought of:Maybe the parasites could have tryed to eat parts of the monster while it was frozen...wait scratch that off.

9. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Well The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms(one of the worlds greatest films BTW) had the Rhedosaurus(a fictional dinosaur) that got frozen and got thawed out by a nuclear bomb.

10. Quiet Elegy This is the death of beauty.

Hmm... well when in sleep the body goins into a state oif fasting, using less engergy, but a whole year is pretty much insane.

11. Dredica SNES was the best.

Yeah, but still I doubt Sora could live for a year in that condition, much less the monster for thousands of years.

12. Quiet Elegy This is the death of beauty.

Never seen it.

Stupid. A nuke would kill it and the atmosphere would kill it even if it did survive the nuke. Why? The precent of oxegyn in the air is much lower than it was back then, it would suffocate.

Yes exactly...but don't let the kiddies know, if they knew Sora was dead from lack of food they would cry(also he never eats anyway, he skipped supper in the first game and never ate anything but that icecream thought all 3 games.)

Yes thousands of years = no way.

13. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Its called fiction, in films anything is alright.

And besides the monster is a baby as said by JJ Abrams.

14. Dredica SNES was the best.

Umm.... didn't that thing kill all of the dinosaurs? >_> Let's not take this into a debate either, just a stupid simple question.

15. burnitup Still the Best 1973

What thing, the Rhedosaurus?

16. Quiet Elegy This is the death of beauty.

not anything, it still must keep some rules to be enjoyable.

i don't give a damn what the JJ Abrams said, he obveously didn't do any research and just jumped into movie making with no experiance.

He means a nuke, close to a metorite, smaller explosion but more poision...well, not really...*thinks* the after effects of a metorite is 1000 times worse.

17. burnitup Still the Best 1973

And who really cares if he did or not? Alians don't exist and we have alian films.

18. Quiet Elegy This is the death of beauty.

We're not talking about alien fims now, are we? Besides, there are aliens, microscopic ones. So do more research becore making ignorant comments.

19. burnitup Still the Best 1973

umm, a metorite didn't kill the dinosaurs, it was an asteroid.

Still I really don't care. The film was suppose to be about a giant monster destroying a city but you keep pecking at it like there is no tommorow.

20. Quiet Elegy This is the death of beauty.

Bzzt! Wrong! It was a huge metor, know the difference. http://hubblesite.org/reference_desk/faq/answer.php.id=22&cat=solarsystem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.