Cloud Strife in Smash Bros

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by A Zebra, Nov 12, 2015.

1. A Zebra Chaser

2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I'm sorry, did Odin just slice up the entire field? What the flying heck? Holy crap, I want to say this is just someone's very, and I do mean very, good fan-created video for Super Smash brothers, but that looks too real to even be that. Is this just Square's way to get more hype built up for FFVII HD?

3. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

This was from today's Nintendo Direct.

4. A Zebra Chaser

tis real
    http://www.smashbros.com/us/dlc/index.html

5. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Oh joy.
    Hopefully, they might decide to add Sora or any of the KH characters as a means of hype for KH III or KH 2.8.

Just a theory.

6. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

Whelp, guess I found my new main.

7. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

I think this is exactly hype for the inevitable FFVII Remake. Otherwise, I see no other reason why then adding Cloud would be relevant choice.

But in any case, this announcement is equal parts surprising and unsurprising. What little we see of the Midgar stage looks pretty badass though, if I do have to say.

8. libregkd -

9. A Zebra Chaser

10. Hayabusa Venomous

Someone somewhere is doing some inhumane act for losing this bet. Nintendo, you soulless husks.

11. libregkd -

12. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Sincerely happy about this inclusion. Really.

Cloud is iconic, and he was also supposedly Iwata's favorite Final Fantasy character. As Cloud is not the Smash Ballot Winner (I'm sure they'd have said something if he was), the only logical explanation is that Sakurai planned Cloud as soon as Iwata passed.

He likely did it to honor Iwata, who I'm sure would have been ecstatic to see his favorite Final Fantasy Character in a Nintendo game.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  13. ShibuyaGato Transformation

i've found myself another main man with a huge sword

In all honesty, no one could've seen this coming and I'm very excited about Cloud's inclusion. Midgar as a stage is looking really nice and the inclusion of all the summons is a really nice touch. Plus his Advent Children outfit looks so good!

As far as Cloud's actual moveset goes, it looks like he'll be something of a semi-clone of Ike (which I don't mind at all since I main Ike). He's got some good diversity, the energy beams are nice for ranged attacks, and I'm interested to see if his Limit Breaks are gonna be tied to the smash ball or if they'll function similarly to Little Mac's KO meter.

At this point, the only other thing I need is the release date.

14. A Zebra Chaser

he really doesn't have anything to do with Ike. His Up B can go up, or up and down. His sibe B is cross slash, he has a projectile, and his down B is charging his limit break to make him B moves better (and this turns his down B into finishing touch)