Television Class (2016)

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Ienzo, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Okay, so I don't know if anyone else is watching this but hot damn I love it and not just because it's a Doctor Who spin off.

Episode 4 came out today and I just thoroughly enjoyed it, I was laughing a lot while also finding it quite emotional.

General synopsis:
    An alien prince is found to be the last of his people along with a freedom fighter who he imprisoned and is now forced to serve him. They are saved and put onto earth to live their lives as student and teacher at Coal Hill academy (renown school in the Doctor Who universe). However, Coal Hill has had a lot of strange activity and aliens around it which is troubling for a bunch of A level students (age 16/17) who get mixed up in all the madness.... while having to study for their exams.

It is both genius, quite adult and funny. The stories so far have taped into some quite important themes and I am sure people can find them very relatable so it is definitely worth a watch. It is also quite interesting if you compare it to the other doctor who spin offs which both had a character who could easily deal with aliens and whatever threats but here everyone is just a teenager with nothing massively special about them (apart from spoilery stuff).

I honestly could not recommend it any more. I think it comes to BBC America in Spring 2017 but it is out in Britain already so I am sure it is available to watch somewhere.

Also it is filmed right outside my house : D in some scenes I can actually see my bedroom window

2. Fearless A good and beautiful child

I'm really, really interested in watching it if I can get some time together to do so, honestly. I always really loved Sarah Jane Adventures (never saw Torchwood tho), so this looks like a more advanced version of that and I'm super down with that.

Especially seeing as we didn't have a new series of Doctor Who this year, this seems like a great thing to tide us over until the Christmas Special.

3. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I remembered it being announced, but had no idea that it had already started. :0 I'm gonna have to find somewhere to check it out!

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Looks kind of more like a supernatural show than a scifi one with that trailer. I might give it a shot just to see what it's like.

Also, if you can see your bedroom window in some scenes, next time they're shooting outside your place, you should put a KH-Vids shoutout on your window so everyone here can see it's you

5. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I will have a massive banner that says "Every KHV member is a massive nerd! : D" and then you will know.

It is quite supernaturally but in an alien way, I never really thought of it like that but I guess Doctor who can be like that as well.