Church cancels Memorial for Gay Navy vet

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Laurence_Fox, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ♥AL90♥ Hollow Bastion Committee

Why is it about where I live? Where do you live?
    There was a slideshow???

2. Invader Jack Twilight Town Denizen

I think it was wrong for the church to cancel the memorial just because of the fact that the guy was gay. But I also believe it's wrong to be gay. HOWEVER, I don't believe it's wrong to make your own choices, as long as they don't hurt people around you. And no, I have NOTHING against homosexual people, just the homosexuality itself. Now please don't start attacking me or calling my decision unintelligent, because I am saying this in as polite a way as possible.

3. Mirai King's Apprentice

... But it's not a choice. When did you choose to have a crush on Sally Sue or Boby Johnson down the street (names used as examples)?

Also, the only time in the original Bible mentions homosexuality is in Leviticus. And, if you folow all of the laws of Leviticus, there is something very wrong with you.

4. DogBoyX King's Apprentice

in a Smash Bros brand box Obsession: Death N
    it's who the guy was, he didn't really have a choice. if he was attracted to men, so? he should still have his memorial after all he has done for his country! now i remember why i stopped going to church, they practically demand respect and give none!

what's next? the church will only be having funerals for those with blonde hair and blue eyes?! half of them would probably also be denied because they'd be gay or bi, what the ****?!

sorry... just really pissed...
    and this will be the only time i'm posting here, so if you direct any questions at me i won't answer...

5. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Did you by chance read the article before you posted?

6. ♥AL90♥ Hollow Bastion Committee

One quick comment...When the new testament came out it kinda canceled the rules of the old testament. The real thing that were supposed to follow from the old testament is the 10 commandments. Yeah it seems impossible not to want what other people have, but some people have it easy. They aren't the jealous type.

Sorry if that's a little off. I'm in training right now.

No I didn't see the part about the slideshow...

7. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

Joy, another contradiction to add to the list -__-. What is the point in that? Including the list of rules in the Old Testament when they are obsoleted by the New Testament? *religion makes no sense IMO*

On-Topic: I think the church should feel honoured that such a hero would want to be buried there. They disrespected his memory with their ignorance, bigotry and general homophobia.

8. ♥AL90♥ Hollow Bastion Committee

*cough cough* in training *cough cough*

anyway yeah the on topic part of your statement is true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.