Church cancels Memorial for Gay Navy vet

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Laurence_Fox, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HellKitten Kingdom Keeper

So apprently every Female is going to Hell?
    Every girl is at least a little gay because they are able to look at another girl and say that she's pretty. The Church is the one going to Hell. I'm sorry, I'm catholic myself, but they are being way to strict.

Cancelling Memorial day just because a man had a different is very wrong. I think they took it too seriously. Anyways, I'd celebrate even though the Church cancelled the day. I don't care if the Church says I'm going to Hell for it.

People should celebrate for the people whom safrificed themselves to save OUR country, M'Kay? I thought God was supposed the love everybody.

2. Laurence_Fox Chaser

I think you misunderstood a tiny bit. It's not Memorial Day. It's the church not wanting to have a funeral there because in the video shown there were images of men kissing and hugging. Which apparently is code for Satan Wins.

3. Repliku Chaser

Every girl is a little gay? That is not true, just as every guy is not just a little gay. That is ridiculous as a statement. It's not like we don't look at the same genders and say 'that person is pretty' or 'that person is good looking' etc. That doesn't mean you want to screw them. We all have tastes and know to ourselves who looks 'good' or 'ugly' etc which varies from person to person, and the fashion industry tells us who looks good too. That was just not a point to bring up to argue because it is absolutely false.

As for the rest of your statement, I can agree with that. You seem to be more of a liberal Christian and just because you are told to do one thing and do another, it shows you think things through and your perspective on it is probably better than those who said to not celebrate it.

4. he's-got-a-heart Traverse Town Homebody

I think what Gritz meant when s/he said 'it's between him and God' is that only God can judge him and no priest or church-goer or even family member will ever have the power to condemn him and thus nor do they have the right to deny him a proper funeral.

5. Redsonic Banned

God probably doesn't exist anyway, so it's wrong for the church to decide who goes where.

The only thing that happens when you die is your brain cells stop sending signals and waves all over your body, so you lose every single bodily function, and your body just shuts down.

The people that recall having dreams while they were dead, were infact the dreams they had BEFORE Their brains stopped sending brain waves.

So, at least the veteran didn't have to suffer what the Church did.

6. ShadowofRiku Destiny Islands Resident

Thats wrong

7. Spike H E R O

WHAT?!?!?!?
    That is the most unethical, dispicable and disrespectful thing I have ever heard of in my entire life. That man lost his life so that his country could stay free, and the church thinks they have the right to deny him a memorial service?! This just pisses me off so bad, you have no idea.

8. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

I understand why the church did it but think its not right to deny him of his memorial.

9. ♥AL90♥ Hollow Bastion Committee

Why is it about where I live? Where do you live?
    I don't really think people should be homosexual, but they shouldn't just cancel a memorial service because he's gay! That just stupid! That's just like saying"Oh we're not gonna have a memorial service for flight 93 because it turns out one of them was an evolutionist."

10. Mirai King's Apprentice

Why shouldn't people be gay? It's not like it's a choice. RoxasNooxas and I are living proof! Yes, I'm bi. First time mentioning it here.

11. ♥AL90♥ Hollow Bastion Committee

You're GAY!!!

12. DarknessKingdom The Kingpin of the TV

I'm pretty gay as well, yeah, allisonlove90, I'm freaking happy...what? Did you think I was going to say I really like men? *sarcasm*

Have you got a problem with people being gay? Because really, if you do, that's really sterotype. People can't control how they were born or how they feel. What I also hate is that how most people don't accept homosexual people in our society. Sure, they like someone who is of the same sex but does that really make a difference to who they are?

As for me, no, I'm not 'gay' and I'm not 'bi' either. I'm just a guy who likes chicks and feels that everyone is equal, regardless of their religion, race or sexual preference.

13. ♥AL90♥ Hollow Bastion Committee

I'm just scared of lesbians...gay guys really don't matter to me. Their not gonna touch me so I don't really give a care, but think about it. Where did gay come from. I mean in the 1800's there was no gay! no lesbian. I think it's TV. I mean no one would think that way if they weren't tempted.

It's not stereo typing it's being straight. People get in trouble if they are gay! They don't get treated normal...if you're gay than don't tell me okay. I wont slap you but I won't really treat you the same either. I'd be shocked too shocked. and yes you can control your beliefs! So shut up!

AND WOULD YOU ALL STOP HATING ME! NO I DON'T LIKE GAY PEOPLE! I'M A CHRISTIAN AND AT MY SCHOOL THEY DON'T AGREE WITH GAY OR LESBIAN!

AND ONE OTHER THING DID YOU THINK ABOUT HOW GAYNESS AFFECTS PEOPLE AROUND YOU! IT IS SCARY!!!! NOW SHUT UP AND LET ME HAVE MY OWN OPINON!!!

14. Laurence_Fox Chaser

allisonlove90,

COOL IT WITH THE HUGE FONT. THIS IS AN INTELLIGENT DISCUSSION OF HOW A MEMORIAL SERVICE WAS CANCELED FOR A NAVY VET BECAUSE THEY(THE BUILDING OFFERING IT) SAW PICTURES OF MEN KISSING AND HUGGING. NOT YOUR OWN MISGUIDED BELIEFS ON HOMOSEXUALITY.

THERE ARE OTHER THREADS FOR THAT SUBJECT.

*takes a few breaths*

Perhaps you'd like to try again?

15. Rosey Chaser

WHO FREAKIN CARES!!!

I really couldnt give a s*** of people are gay or lesbian! We are all people, and if you are afraid that a girl will come and feel you up or something, its the same deal with a guy! If you dont like them, tell them off or just leave!

[/random rambling]

And I dont believe that a mans belief or sexual wants should effect if the church gives him a memorial service or not. Their are plently of Christians out their who are gay/bi/lesbian! I can name one right now actually. And It just bothers me that the church would do that. :\

16. Mirai King's Apprentice

allisonlove10,

You DO know that the only place where the Bible talks about homosexuality is in Leviticus, right? Y'know. Where wearing two kinds of thread is a sin? Not to mention hundreds of other weird "sins." Also, it has proven that there was a mistranslation in Romans. It was originally "temple prostitutes."

In other words, homophobia based on religion is pointless.

Also, a lesbian won't touch you if you're not interested. Stop stereotyping. It's the same for heterosexuals.

EDIT: I missed some things.

So, you're also afraid of men? They'll touch you as well.

An imbalance of estrogen and testosterome.

King James, Leonardo da Vinci, Alexander the Great, Lionitus, and hundreds of other people would like to have a talk to you. Open a history book.

Homosexuality has always existed.

... and a homophobic bigot.

Only because th church has poisoned the minds of people into thinking that they can tell people who not to love.

So, you admit to being a bigot? Treating people diferently because of something they can't control is sickening.

Belief? You've never truly been in love, have you? Love cannot be controlled.

"Stop hating me but I hate you!" In other words, your school teaches intolerance and hatred?

It's only scary if you don't understand it.

You can have your opinion. However, I can have an opinion about your opinion. This IS the intelligent discussion, n'est-ce pas?

17. ♥AL90♥ Hollow Bastion Committee

OMG!PEOPLE! look I have my opinion! you have yours. I'm not changing my mind. I mean you people are okay with it but I'm not. GET OVER IT!!!! seriously I don't know why you people think I would seriously think the way you do about homosexuals! I mean you guys kinda don't know me.And I don't know you so I'm not changing your opinion and your most likely not going to change yours. So just get over it.

By the way having an opinion on my opinion is not letting people have their own opinion. I studied that in fact...You're words are cruel and insensitive. I think you need more schooling before you doubt me. I don't know anything close to everything, but I do know that these words are false!

I don't admit to being a bigot! I actually don't know what that word means. You don't have to be RUDE about it. I think if you feel so strongly that you have to name call tell it to someone who freak'in cares!!!

My school teaches me a lot of things! But not that! You seriously think you know how you can't control love. Well I can! I've done it!
    Also I would be act a little weird around them I mean you think you know someone until they tell you they're gay. It's a shocker I mean gosh I'm being literal If you had a friend and then they told you that they controlled time and space wouldn't that be a little weird. You're probably going to say that you wouldn't treat them even a little weird because you think you don't make any presuppositions! I want you guys to stop badgering me for my beliefs because they are what I believe.

btw: it's allisonlove90

18. Laurence_Fox Chaser

allisonlove90, I will ask you again to keep this conversation intelligent. If you can't handle that than stop posting here.

You can have an opinion on a topic all you like. All Mirai was trying to do was inform you that your opinion might not necessarily be a very good one. 'There weren't gays before 1800' This is a rather uneducated thing to say when there were.

'Gays were brought about by TV' Darn that Will and Grace show.

If anything, TV said to gays in a heavily Christian dominated era that being gay was alright.

One more post like this and I will get a mod to close this thread.

19. ♥AL90♥ Hollow Bastion Committee

Okay look maybe I didn't cover this clearly. This is being intelligent I mean I'm not trying to flame this is like the intelligent discussion. Cause I really didn't mean for him to start calling me names I was just trying to get my point across. You people can like hate me all you want and close the thread. But actually I was defending the navy vet. It's not really right to punish people like that just because they're gay. The only reason I would treat someone different is because it's kind of shocking. But like I'm ending this so you guys

Also I was informing him that maybe his opinon on my opinion might be wrong. I mean you guys can't seriously think I totally hate gay people. It's just I don't agree with their beliefs. Okay! Now that I ahve that straightened out nobody should have to reply to this.

ON TOPIC: The cancellation of the service I would have thought would have been protested. But what if he wasn't gay??? What if they made a mistake though? Just wondering in topic.

20. Laurence_Fox Chaser

I did actually consider this when I originally posted the article. He could have been raised to think that kissing other men was a natural thing to do. I do know some European cultures that have this belief.

The church could have just gotten the wrong impression when they saw the slide-show.

But I still say that his sexual orientation shouldn't have come before the fact that he defended his country for so many years. He should have earned that memorial despite his orientation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.