Church cancels Memorial for Gay Navy vet

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Laurence_Fox, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laurence_Fox Chaser

It's simple.

Heaven is an exclusive Member's Only club up in the sky. Membership is very strict.

=/

2. Gwen Farewell.

This just proves my theory that the very people who worship god are the ones who are gonna get it the hardest if they get to heaven.

I find it sad that people like myself were made just to go to hell because we like the same sex.

It's not like we have the oppourtunity to CHOOSE..

3. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

People judge others to easily, you should not judge people by age, height, weight, accent, sexual orientation, etc.
    Judge only their character, why should you care who he loves.
    Their is a question I would like to ask, would the church cancel a memorial ceremony ceremony, if you are bisexual?

4. Vincent_Valentine Merlin's Housekeeper

That's REALLY terrible of them! The guy served our country, and that's the thanks he gets!?

5. Da Freak Twilight Town Denizen

And you wonder why people make fun of religion.

6. Repliku Chaser

Of course they would. If you are 'bi-sexual' and noted as it, you are gay still.

7. Xemnas7355 Gummi Ship Junkie

Me! I just think that it is so stupid!!!! Are we reverting in time?! You know when people weren't allowed to do something because of ethnicity or beliefs?! That is just stupid!!! What next? Segregated Churches?!

8. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Alright, I just asked.
    I'm going to hell then, but its probably more fun there anyway, it be boring in heaven, all that peace 24/7, boring!

9. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Wonder what happened to God is all forgiving?

Oh wait, the Church has gotten obsessed with people's personal lives these days.

They care more who you sleep with than anything else.

10. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Relegions have rules that usually always involve not having a personal relationship with the same sex, but when relegions were first created, most people were narrow minded on the subject, now-a-days, even if the church didn't care, they are bound by a relegion, so they listen to whatever their leader says.

11. Repliku Chaser

That cracked me up. No worries. I think you may have ample company from some of us here if the hell and heaven thing actually exist. We can roast marshmallows together.

12. Jest Merlin's Housekeeper

Lol midaswell post here, I've posted on everything else that has to do remotely with homosexuality.

Is everything about sex?? Geez.

I'm pretty disturbed. This is disgusting, and wrong, and I hope they can't sleep because of depriving someone of their writes after they've passed.

13. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

It is unfair, but about everything being about sex, you are right, all relegions have a strong view on sex. In the west, such as christianity, it is usually said to be a sin if certain requirements aren't met, like marriage.
    While in the east, such as taoism, it is usually said to be a special thing but have ways in which to make it more enjoyable to create a better bond.
    As far as I know, only the Japenese in history have allowed sex with the same and opposite sex. But if anyone else knows of others would be helpful.

Sing songs by the fire, meet famous people, like Gengis Khan, Jack the Ripper and Hitler. Like I said never a dull moment!

14. Mirai King's Apprentice

Well, there were the Greeks who embraced it.

15. Jest Merlin's Housekeeper

^I seem to recall that as well. Am I right in saying there was a saying that was something like "Women are for home, boys are for pleasure" or something??? I know the second part was right at first.

16. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

I didn't think Greeks did that? I do know that they were allowed to do it with family members such as sisters and brothers, but I only know of same sex relationships.

Jest, you are right that in history men did have sex with young boys and girls, but I am not sure if that sying is right or not.

17. Gritz Traverse Town Homebody

I think that they should have given him a proper burial. That wasn't right. He deserved a good funeral. As for his homosexuality, that's between him and God.

18. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Funny, you seemed to know quite a bit of how God feels about Homosexuality in the 'What do you think of Gay marriage?' thread. You quoted from the Bible God's views on Homosexuality...

so why should this be any different?

In this instance or any other, it should be an issue. There shouldn't be any question if a person should receive a proper funeral or not. It should be a right as a human being to be able to leave your loved ones the piece of mind that you can properly rest after a hard life. And this Navy vet should have earned it homosexual or not.

19. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

No-one cares about the job someone does, they care about how much money they earn.
    If you serve your country, will your country serve you?
    It's like the saying, 'All for one and one for all and heaven bless our land.' Meaning if the common folk serve their leader, and their leader serves for the peoples benefits, then all will be stable, but now-a-days when you join the army, navy, etc, you fight wars that are meaningless, battles that only bring chaos and no peace, government leaders know nothing about helping the people.

20. Repliku Chaser

It's not the government leaders that are responsible for this. It's the church where this man was denied a proper burial the way his family wanted it. He did his service, and his sexual preference is the reason the family is denied to doing what they will with his funeral rights. I guess because no one was there at his death bed telling him to renounce his evil ways, they couldn't get him to not be gay in the eyes of man who judge for God so oops! Guess the family suffers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.