Christmas time is here agian

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by adamboy7, Dec 18, 2011.

1. adamboy7 Traverse Town Homebody

Well, it is that time of year agian :D The time of "Santa" and his helpers, giving and recieving, being with loved ones, and just enjoying the holidays :D (By the way, if you do not celebrate Christmas, you may want to stop reading now.) I am curious, what do the people of KHV do to celebrate Christmas? Do you do secret santa? Do you roast chestnuts on an open fire? (By the way, I have actually yet to meet a single person who does roast chestnuts, but besides the point XD). What do you do to keep the holidays special? 3, 2, 1, converse lol.

2. Daxa~ #stalker

Every Christmas,my little brother wakes me up at around...half 5 or 6 in the morning.
    Every single year.
    We then sit on my bed and check our stockings,before at around half 6ish we go downstairs and open the big presents with my parents.
    At around 12ish,we go over to my grannys with the rest of the family and exchange more pressies,before coming back to my house(by which I mean the house myself,mother,father and brother) share and eat dinner (all 12/13 of us). We then get drunk and dance around the kitchen.
    Not even joking. Every single year.

Its great <3

3. The Twin My, what a strange duet

We do two things every year.

The night before Christmas Eve my mom starts a huge crock pot full of her homemade marinara sauce.She lets that simmer overnight, then adds in pork meatballs, sweet and hot sausage, and sometimes pork shortribs the next morning, letting it continue to cook all day. We then pick up my grandmother and take her with us to Christmas Eve mass, usually around 4 pm. We get back and have ziti with Mom's sauce, digest, then we swap gifts with her (just the ones with her). We watch a movie, have some dessert, then we take her home.

Christmas Day we swap gifts amongst ourselves and veg out, usually having a nice dinner around 2pm or so. Then that night we meet up with our extended family (I'm Italian, I have a HUGE family) and catch up.

4. Pinekaboo Chaser

What do we do? Actually, other than the standard "LOL, PRESENTS" not a whole lot. There is always a traditional Christmas Dinner somewhere, and generally everybody in the family sees everybody else in the family at some point over the holidays. We're a close family, I guess, we just prefer to take it easy, and celebrate a little. Mostly because nobody in the family is actually Christian enough for it to mean anything other than that.

5. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

I am not sure, but in Usual Spot there isn't a place for Holidays?

Well, I don't really do anything besides give/receive presents. But something I do is call for all my friends to say Merry Christmas!
    Nothing really special... =/

But that's okay. Christmas is time to you stay with the ones you love. =]

6. EvilMan_89 Code Master

recently, my family and i have started doing secret santa. its' between my siblings and cousins. this year we're also trying to do Yankee Swap. i've never actually done Yankee Swap before.

aside from those, we usually make a huge dinner. usually we make turkey but if no one feels like making it, we just order pizza or something, but there's always a party on Christmas Eve. on midnight, we open all the presents since it is Christmas Day.

7. Lite The Future

On the first Saturday of December, we all go to my Grandfather's house and catch up. Nothing big there, but it is nice to see everyone. The week before Christmas we go to my Great Grandmother's house and have a Christmas dinner, open presents and hang out. Then on Christmas Eve, everyone comes to my house where we pig out on random snacks a foodery, open even more presents and yell at eachother about the rules of the card game we're playing. All in all, great Christmas for my family.

8. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

I absolutely adore Christmas! The festiveness of it.

So for Christmas, my mum sometimes holds this super fun party thing in our place. She invites her friends from her office over - who are really like relatives to us, then we have fun games and lots of food! We have this a while before Christmas, like a week before. We had one just last night! It was awesome. Then usually on the 24th, I go to my cousin's place (mum's side) and we all get together and we have a total blast. We just stick around and do lots of things. At night, we distribute all the presents under the tree (we used to do it but now our little cousins take that job, it's adorable). Then we all open it up together and it's really fun watching the little ones open their presents cause the room just fills with smiles and happiness c: The next day is usually not too fun. In fact, this is the part I really wish we could just stop. i have to go visit my dad's side you see. I love visiting my grandfather but I'd rather not see my dad. It's from an abusive-ish-bad-childhood. But I just try to forget that once it's over.

But this year seems more festive than usual since I've got a day where my friends come over and we have awesome Christmas times! I'm totally pumped for that, and then I'll hang out with other friends too the next day - nothing as grand, but still for the Christmas spirit! Oh! Also this year, i'm doing art pieces for friends lol so that helps make me feel more festive too c:

9. Scruffy Merlin's Housekeeper

Chill with cousins on the 24th, and stay home drinking eggnog on the 25th.

I used to spend Christmas with my mom's side of the family in the US, but I haven't been able to do that in years. :/

10. adamboy7 Traverse Town Homebody

I am aware that Chrismas is the 25, I never actually said it was Christmas yet. All I said is it was that time of year lol.

MY GOD PLEASE ADOPT ME! XD lol Your family sounds like a real party!

lol Am I the only one who needed a grinectimy at the thought of small children filling a room with smiles and happiness? XD lol I love to see people with christmas cheer. Happy holidays :D

lol Just the way all games should be played with family XD Screaming and yelling untill somebody eather wins or yells uncle XD.

Wow, I posted this only a few hours ago and I already have this many replies. Thanks alot :D And happy holidays! To everyone! (And yes, even to Crash XD)

11. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

Anyhow, to avoid making this spam;
    It's usually very relaxed. We sleep in, my sister and I (She's 22, I am 20) get stockings with candy. We spend the day watching Disney movies (Donald Duck ftw) on TV, eating candy, perhaps opening one present early (we celebrate on the 24th, because that's what we do in Norway) then we have dinner and open presents. We thoroughly enjoy ourselves.

Though I rarely get into the holiday spirit anymore. It has become more and more "meh" with age, for some reason.

12. nickoboyzx Gummi Ship Junkie

well, usually make secret santa.
    my mom making roast turkey for dinner IF have a money, if not then we eat as usual dinner
    and we sometimes goes supermarket together
    to buy some dresses for new year

13. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

I'll chill out, enjoy my break and get hyped for all of my presents. I'm never disappointed at Christmas. I just stay in the same place every year. I'm happy with that.

Merry Christmas everyone! 8D

14. ShibuyaGato Transformation

My family will just hang out at home on Christmas Eve. For Christmas morning, I'll wake up around five in the morning anticipating the opening of presents, which can happen anytime after seven. Later in the day, we'll usually go to a party either at a cousin's place (which is quite huge) with the whole family (and all my cousins who come down just for the occasion), or to a family friend's house with quite a few teenagers and an Xbox with Call of Duty. It's usually a fun occasion.