Chorus Carolling 2012!

Discussion in 'KHV Chorus' started by Jayn, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayn

[​IMG]

Sorry I'm sort of late, but HAPPY DECEMBER! I know everyone who hates this month or doesn't celebrate Christmas probably wants to kill me, but I'm in the holiday spirit and I want to share this ~December Magic~ with you all.

Welcome to Chorus Carolling 2012 (thanks for the name What?)! If you come up with a better name for this project then BLESS YOU.

Basically, Winter Break should be coming up for most of you who are in school currently, which gives us a bit of an activity boost. For anyone who has extra time to put forth, this project is actually pretty simple! All you have to do is sign up like you do for Duet Roulette and, well, like always, sing!

Unlike DR, though, the singers aren't randomized, there won't be a video, and there are no (or very few) solo lines depending on how many people sign up. Instead it will work like this;

People can request songs (either publicly or privately for a surprise) for us to sing for a specific member or group of people. (such as a forum family or members in a specific thread) Kind of like a sing-a-gram. For instance;

Then from the members on the singer list, I'll select how many I think should sing that song (moving down the list linearly). Afterwards, I'll send those involved a PM with the original song, instrumental and lyrics (who sings what), deadline, you guys sing it and send like always, then I'll mix it and send it off to Misty or whoever.

Along with just sending a song to someone, you can include a special holiday message! (you're a supah fly mama is...not a good example of this). Yes, you can send a song to someone if you are a singer.

As for what type of songs you can request to be sung, they are limited to holiday songs. ...But there are A LOT OF THEM. You can specify how you'd like the song to be sung ("Be silly / sing badly"), and how many people you want to sing that song if you care (though not who, mind you). You can also ask for us to sing a parody version of a song (keep it simple).

These songs we do I'll try to put on the next KN radio. Our Christmas Edition. * u *

RULES

Please request a song to be sung for active members only, and link to their profile when you request it.

Nothing malicious, please. For example, if you've just recently broken up with someone and you want us to sing Last Christmas to them ... no. Lol. No drama pls.

Please find the instrumental and the original version on YT or buy it on iTunes/Amazon before you request it.

Deadlines will be significantly shorter than KN or KHVC ones. They'll be around DR length. Just a few days.

That being said, if you can't sing when you're called on, I'll just move down the list. SO SAY SOMETHING. Don't just message me like three days later all "JAYN GOMEN NE I CNT" say something when you get the message. There are NO drops outs or extensions allowed. It's literally just like DR, haha. If you can't do it, I'll move on. Don't say you can if you can't or you're going to procrastinate.

To add to that, please only sign up if you're an active member. If you're planning on disappearing or something from KHV, don't sign up. It's fine to sign up later on and to get your name taken off of the singer's list later if you suddenly get busy.

Please ask me any questions you may have either here or elsewhere and I'll answer them ASAP. Read before you ask though because if you ask me something I've already answered, I swear. >:L

SINGERS

Absolutely Cannot Sing: (Any genres/languages/tempos/ranges that you won't be able to do.)
    Anything Else:

Jayn
    Moshi
    Fearless
    Janson
    Heart
    Amethyst
    PaW
    Mish
    Tale_Wind
    Tummer
    Mish
    TFXTTD (not spelling that out, nope.)
    Anzu
    darkhorseD
    Cherry
    Maka

PENDING REQUESTS

To: (Link to profile(s) or thread)
    Song:
    Original/Instrumental:
    Number of Singers: (If you don't care, that's fine)
    Holiday Message:

All I Want for Christmas is You; TO (???) FROM (???) -- COMPLETED!!
    I'll Be Home For Christmas; TO (The Hero of Time) FROM (Heart) -- COMPLETED!!
    I Celebrate the Day; TO (???) FROM (???) -- COMPLETED!!
    Walking in a Winter Wonderland; TO (???) FROM (???) -- PENDING
    I Want a Hippopotamus For Christmas; TO (???) FROM (???) -- PENDING

2. (╯°□°)╯︵ ıɥsoɯ Hollow Bastion Committee

Absolutely Cannot Sing: Cannot sing fast in foreign languages, cannot sing really high notes
    Anything Else:
    I love you Jayn <3
    Willing to sing any Christmas song because it's my favorite holiday. Preferably happy ones though. :3

3. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Absolutely Cannot Sing: Uhhhh Idk
    Anything Else: MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM THE SUPREME KING. That's it, that was my Christmas greeting.

4. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

Absolutely Cannot Sing: (Any genres/languages/tempos/ranges that you won't be able to do.) I'm still iffy on rap and R&B, but I'm willing to try it...
    Anything Else: I'm potentially traveling starting December 20th, so I wouldn't be able to participate after that date. My plans might change though, so I'll keep you updated.​

5. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Absolutely Cannot Sing: (Any genres/languages/tempos/ranges that you won't be able to do.) Japanese, rap and Hip Hip
    Anything Else: Awesome idea Jayny ^_^

6. T3F Chaser

Absolutely Cannot Sing: rap, anything super high. I can do any language, but i prefer english
    Anything Else: i may be a little busy, but I'll let you know if that actually affects this. Also, this is an awesome idea! :D

7. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Absolutely Cannot Sing: Anything, but when has that stopped me? I'll try anything, if i'm terrible vocal wise i'll at least try and make it entertaining.
    Anything Else: Will probs be busy till the 14th, after that should be free as a bird. Still able to do stuff till then, but just saying I may come up with a 'I canni do this any more, captain' type of thing.

8. Mish smiley day!

Absolutely Cannot Sing: N/A, I'll try anything herp
    Anything Else: I have some horrible assignments coming up, but I'm sure I can still fit in KHVC :L

9. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Absolutely cannot sing: Not good at metal or rap, but willing to try anything else.
    Anything else: THIS IS THE BEST IDEA EVER OMG LET'S DO IT

10. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Absolutely Cannot Sing: I'm willing t try anything.
    Anything Else: I hope people request carol parodies *shot*

11. TheFishXigbarTriedtoDrown Moogle Assistant

Absolutely Cannot Sing: I'll try anything, but to save evryone's ears, maybe not high notes
    Anything else: I love Christmas songs so I'd sing anything. My favourite time of year and it's a great idea to get everyone in the festive spirit.I'm new by the way.

12. Anzu_100 Destiny Islands Resident

Absolutely Cannot Sing: Cannot sing super high notes, anything else I'll be willing to try. ^^ I am so brave. xD
    Anything Else: This is a great idea Jayn! ^^

13. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

Absolutely Cannot Sing: (Any genres/languages/tempos/ranges that you won't be able to do.) Rap, Japanese, songs that go incredibly high, and anything that gives christmas or christians a bad name
    Anything Else: I'm really liking this idea!

14. Jayn

Thank you guys for signing up. ; u ; <3 Bess members evr.

15. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

Oh, I forgot to ask, will you assign us the lines, or will it work the same way it does in DR?

16. Jayn

17. Jayn

Both requests are now in progress!! If you didn't get a PM from me, don't worry. I went down the list and split things up accordingly. If you haven't gotten anything, it just means we need more requests. (Which we do.)

So, until there are more requests...Welp.~ (I don't think very many people outside of the chorus know this exists//what it is)

18. Cherry Berry Chaser

Absolutely Cannot Sing: A really low pitch, or one too high.
    Anything Else: Loving this idea! 8D Are we doing Skype calls to practice or something?

19. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I linked to this in my signature. Hopefully that'll help.

20. Jayn

Thanks for joining!

And um...No, probably not, looool. Singing together on Skype = lag central + exclusion of people who don't have/can't use Skype.

Thank you! c':

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.