Child Discipline

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by EvilMan_89, Oct 24, 2006.

?

Should Kids be Spanked

1. YES, they deserve it for being bad!!!!

46.2%
  2. No....they're just kids

53.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EvilMan_89 Code Master

well....that's going to happen at least once in your life. i know it's happened to me a few times, but you're just gonna have to suck it up. and if its' something you didn't MEAN to do, you still did it, just becuz you didn't MEAN to do it doesn't make it right tho.

running away, wat do you mean by that????????

2. Fallen King Kingdom Keeper

NoMethod Error `stupid_location' for nil:NilClass

3. Solid Snake Kept you waiting, huh?

Only in extrem situations should any form a violence be used on children...(That sounded lame <_<)

i wasnt spanked as a child (Much lol) and i turned out fine :D

4. Dredica SNES was the best.

I heard that nanny 911 was just acting, I do believe that too.

5. Sexy Sheva Banned

no i won't suck it up becuase it still happens in this household becuase of bratty younger siblings =/

they always start it, and the oldest ends up punished >_>

its ****ing sucks

6. Solid Snake Kept you waiting, huh?

I know how you feel ,
    my brother usualy does something then im the one who gets in trouble D:

7. Sexy Sheva Banned

><

little brothers are PAINS

including 7 year olds ><

8. Solid Snake Kept you waiting, huh?

thats creapy my brother is 7 also :\

9. Sexy Sheva Banned

and, how old are you?

10. EvilMan_89 Code Master

plausible, i think that too, but the show is cancelled now :(
    you really have to control yourself, you know, they might be getting you in trouble on purpose -_- i used to do that as well and my younger siblings tried that one on me

11. Solid Snake Kept you waiting, huh?

<_<
    >_>
    15?

12. Repliku Chaser

I was the oldest (well with a twin who had cerebral palsy so the twin wasn't going to get hit) and yeah, I can say that I was blamed for a ton of things my younger siblings did. Sometimes, in order for them to not get hit I just took the downfall. I so agree it sucks.

However, there are so many kids nowadays that use that threat of 'calling 911' for a spanking that it's pathetic. Most of the time the kids deserve the smack on the ass or to be grounded or whatever and they are spoiled. This is why DCFS cannot actually catch the people that ARE abusing their kids and save the ones who are hurt for real.

However, in some cases, it's not just being a brat and well, the child should get help. I just see it though too many times that kids who get 'spanked' think they have a right to waste people's times when often they did something rotten to earn the spanking in the first place. Since I do not know in the case of the person above, but it was said she/he was spanked a lot for trivial things, maybe the warning did help. Running away never worked though heh. My mom would always just lock me out of the house, let me in hours later and then get me back or I was grounded for several weeks.

I do think kids who are stubborn though do need a good swat if being firm with them in other ways fails. In the end, hitting shouldn't be the FIRST option. It should always be the last and whether some people like it or not, some kids are naturally stubborn or learn it from other kids that are spoiled, or even relatives etc. It is important that a lesson be learned, especially if the child or others could be harmed or even killed. I don't think it's abuse if it's the last resort to a kid that wants to cross his/her arms, roll eyes at you, and act like he/she owns you and your home. Those are the kids really that 'talking' to does not work and won't unless something is done.

13. Dredica SNES was the best.

It might have been canceled do to the children not working xD

14. Roxas0197 Merlin's Housekeeper

On a hill relaxing and listening to music.
    I dont think kids should be spanked. i mean can't they just be grounded or something.

15. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i wish i had the job the kids had -_-
    if it works then that's fine but groundings dont' really work on kids who have no social life for obvious reasons

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.