Charleston Church Shooting - Behind Dylann Roof's Actions

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Amaury, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

Whether he actually wrote this or not, I don't care. It's what he believed and it absolutely disgusts me. It gives white people a bad name when not all of them are like that, in the same way that not all straight people hate non-straight people or that all cops aren't "bad," and so on.

Read at your own discretion below. (@Roxam, as I know you're religious, I am tagging you to see what your thoughts are.)

There's a video at the end I couldn't embed, so check out the source below if you're interested.

• Source: The Grio
    • Published: June 20, 2015

2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Yeah, I remember hearing about this the other day as well. If I had the chance, I'd knock that guy around so much his brain wouldn't be able to even move his hands for the rest of his life. I know that's not physically possible....at least I think so, but it's a good explanation for how I feel.

There is nothing right about what the guy put down, and I didn't even read it because I was annoyed already by what I knew, which wasn't much

3. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

My thoughts are basically this: the guy is a sick freak. Reading through it it's clear he has a phobia of different kinds of people (Blacks, Hispanics, Jews... I'm actually really surprised he didn't mention my people). He actually thinks being a patriotic American means only protecting White people. Really? What ever happened to "All men are created equal?" As far as I'm concerned, given the horrific thing he did, I'd label him a terrorist.

4. Amaury Legendary Hero

And if he feels like this about this stuff, I don't even want to know how he feels about homosexuality and other non-heterosexual sexualities, especially when there's a combination: black non-heterosexuals.

He makes me sick.

5. Patman Bof

I really doubt that. Not in France. I mean sure, there is such a thing as "reverse racism" (more like racism period) and a lot of our Muslims are indeed going through a perpetual victim complex, but we' re aware of it. Especially since the Charlie Hebdo thing, that sure sent the usual SJW leftist naive narrative out the window here.

That' s about as far as I' m inclined to agree with him though. Not every French Arab thinks like that, obviously. His vision of race and history is blatantly ignorant. There' s no such thing as races among humans, merely ethnicity and culture, good luck defining those with clear cut lines. I' m pretty confident we can solve this, but through dialogue, not firing a magic bullet. We' ve already seen our neighbors blame all of their ills on the Jew scapegoat, it hasn' t exactly bought us a happy ending.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  6. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I'm mostly disgusted by the fact that despite this, there are still people claiming that it was an attack on faith, or a drug-induced accident, or stupid crap like that. Screw that. This was a racially-based terrorist attack. And racism is not a byproduct of mental illness, as some would like to wave it away as. Racism is taught.

7. Patman Bof

I think the one a only good point that your far right has raised is that racism alone doesn' t make one go on a shooting spree, there has to be something more. But yeah the guy was definitely racist and no it' s not a good thing.

8. libregkd -

9. Patman Bof

10. libregkd -

11. Patman Bof

12. libregkd -

13. Iskandar King of Conquerors

14. Patman Bof

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  15. libregkd -

16. Sara Tea Drinker

My mom lived in the Mississippi for a while. For the non-Americans, that's as far deep South as you can go. Step back about 100-200 years when you reach the Mason-Dixon line from Pennsylvania/Maryland into Virginia and West Virginia. Until the Civil Rights Act was passed there was still heavy segregation, (Blacks and Whites not allowed in the same public places, blacks had to sit at the end of the bus, not using the same water fountain, the same bathroom... You name it, it was segregated.) I always refer to the Ernest Greene story as a pure example of what it was like for the African American's at the time. Or just googling it.

The South has a bloody history when it comes to African Americans being there. The Ku-Klux-Klan came from the South when the African Americans started getting rights before segregation. Lynching African Americans was a Sunday event, so was going to Ku Klux Klan meetings, finding out that you were even DATING an African American as a White woman was considered the worst in society. My mom told me when she was in Mississippi for a while when pregnant with me she was terrified that when I was born I would be African American because my ancestry has a bit of African American in it because they would burn her house down. The Mississippi is still probably the deepest part of the South that is glued to traditions and unfortunately, racism.

But it's all over the South, including Charleston. Not that it's other places, too... My aunt has an African American kid via adoption she denies is that race. My mom in the farthest North that you can go in the 48 states and still can't have a picture of him in her business because customers flipped out about it when they saw the picture. It just seems to gather in that one spot. It's sad that this stuff happens, from what I heard he wanted to start a race war, have all the African Americans exterminated because: "They're taking over our country."

That's not mental illness, it's not some excuse for being nuts, it's just sadly an extreme part of the South.[DOUBLEPOST=1434913823][/DOUBLEPOST]
    The South is a tricky place for most Republicans. ALL those states vote Republican. Google Election results for any four years and I bet you'll see that whole Southern section covered in red since I would say the first election since the Civil Rights Act. Republicans won't bite the biggest hand that feeds them. Granted, there are other states that vote majority Republican, but the South will always vote for them. Meaning that they can't piss them off, meaning if they use the wrong words, they'll lose the majority of the Southern states for any election/support/funding.

They will never call it racism or anything else, partly because there are some parts of the South that believe that it should probably happen more often or don't care. Not all of the South is like this, granted, but history has shown time and time again. (Katrina was a TEXTBOOK example of what happens in the South in problems like this. The majority of people in the Super Dome with no food and water with GANGS with automatics hanging around, and/or drowning were African Americans, stranded on the roof, African Americans, homeless, African Americans. The most AFFECTED by the levies, African Americans. They did their best to make sure their concerns were seen last. It's a sad fact of life: If you're poor, and worse, African American, you'll have a hard time making it in the South. Being fair, my aunt probably feels the same way and she's in California. She considers herself poor when married to a doctor who gets around 300K a year.) That the South don't want the African Americans around and/or have rights still in a vast majority. It's not just the Republicans that are the huge problem, but go to any Southern state and you'll see the same problems.

The government doesn't want to touch it, the Republicans don't want to lose the support and money they're getting from there, and the Democrats don't have enough power. Add traditions and beliefs that have been around since BEFORE the U.S. became a country excluding slavery and you'll get a hint of what it can be like down there. I have seen it in other parts of the country, but not as deep and ingrained as the South has been over it.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  17. Patman Bof