Dream Drop Distance Characters that got better/worse in KH3D

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Ars Nova, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Naturally, spoilers abound, so be careful.

Did KH3D change your opinion about any of the cast? Do you like anyone more or less now? Did they do something in KH3D to impress you or to make you cringe?

I feel like this is gonna be a hot button for this subject, so in anticipation: New Riku. Yea or nay? Reasoning always appreciated.

Nova-flavored opinions under the spoiler. Beware the rampant endgame plot talk.

So. The three characters I like a lot more now are Riku, Xigbar, and Sora. A contributing factor to all three is drastically improved writing/voiceover quality; their lines seem much more natural now, and they have some really great ones throughout...

"You treat hearts like they're bottles on a shelf, but they're not."​

"Aren't hearts great? Steer us wrong every time."​

"Your mistakes always end up being other people's problems."​
    "Maybe so. But I'm here to change all that."​

Riku's character entered a mire in the Days/KHII era, where he lost all his boyish charm and just became a self-loathing broodpile. 3D brought back his determination and light-heartedness, and that's just what I was hoping to see.

Even as far back as KHII, I always had the feeling that Xigbar played a bigger role than he let on. He was just way too laid-back, too smug about everything, even dying. Like he knew what'd happen. Sure enough, it could be argued he was almost as important in the hierarchy as Xemnas, considering the former helped in the latter's creation. AND WHEN HE SAID "I'M ALREADY HALF XEHANORT" AND THE CAMERA ZOOMED IN ON HIS FACE JFC I LOST MY MIND HE'S BEEN NORTED THIS WHOLE TIME AND NO ONE KNEW KFJSHGKSDGKJSH IMAGINE HOW MUCH HE MUST KNOW HOW MUCH HE MUST'VE SEEN AAAAGH

I've never disliked Sora at all, but he's remained fairly innocent throughout the rest of the series up to now. Considering the tragedy that surrounds him and the number of people who've sacrificed themselves to help him, or whose sacrifices have granted him boons, it was nice to see him come face-to-face with that, really see the consequences and own up to it. He has been kind of carried intermittently throughout his journey, but 3D worked it into his character arc rather nicely, culminating in a reaffirmation of perhaps his most famous line: "My friends... They are my power!" And the way he treats Roxas when they meet again... That really hit me in the gut. He pretty much said what I'd been thinking since Days. Even if he didn't pass the exam, he's earned the right to be called a hero.

All that outta the way... There's one character that kinda bothered me. Lea. I've been back and forth on Axel; sometimes I like him, sometimes I just really want him to go away. As much as I enjoy his characterization in this game, how he bounces back from all the tragedy that befell him and maintains his laid-back, cocky demeanor... he also has some seriously goofy lines, in a game that is otherwise exceptional for its voice work. Guarantee nobody's gonna forget "'Dark Rescue' is my middle name" for a while. Honestly, it's Flynn's delivery that bothers me most; some lines seem out of his comfort zone, especially when he's showing off in front of Master Xehanort. It almost sounds like his voice is cracking when he says "You had your perfect little script, but you kinda forgot to write the sequel." That said, the character's actual involvement in the plot is aces as far as I'm concerned, and I like the idea of a former Org. member becoming a... 'light warrior', if you will. Sort of the opposite of what Xehanort was hoping for, innit?

2. A Zebra Chaser

Lea lost his bite
    Sora became an idiot
    Riku went through the exact same character arc as the last four games
    Yen Sid is a massive failure
    Donald and Goofy are worthless
    Mickey is more or less the same

3. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

Wow, pretty straightforward. xD

4. 61 No. B

They more or less stayed the same. The only thing 3D really did regarding characters (because let's be honest, the only thing it did and was meant for was to set up for future titles) was flesh out the friendship between Riku and Sora more. Something about how Riku desperately tries to save Sora and how Sora is happy for Riku even though he failed shows how these two are really close friends. Aside from secret endings and like the last hour or two of KH2, we haven't seen them be good friends in-game and interact together in ways that friends should. All in all, it just helped my care about their friendship more.

5. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I'd be interested to hear your explanation for these.

6. 61 No. B

Riku is pretty obvious. They have been rehashing the same "internal struggle of light and darkness" without making any progression for years. That conflict was supposed to be resolved at the end of CoM and we're still hearing about it and he's still having to come to terms with who he is

7. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

And for Sora it's pretty much that all the time he's just getting happier and happier while not figuring things out and relying on others intelligence. Compared to how Sora was in KH1 he's went from innocent to dumb.

8. A Zebra Chaser

Lea was supposed to die in CoM. They saved him. Then he was supposed to die in KH2's opening. They brought him back. THEN he was suppsoed to die at the end of KH2, but they brought him back as Lea.
    In CoM, Axel is edgy. He's a merciless executioner, he beats Sora up and toys with him. In KH2, he's still like that. When Roxas remembers him, he jsut says "I'm so FLATTERED" and proceeds to try to kill him.
    But Axel is such a fan favourite that they're making him into a Gary Stu. His flaws are being siphoned out and being replaced with one liners and badass action sequences.

Sora has been on a constant downward spiral since KH1. In KH1, he's naive, but he wants to learn more, and it capable of figuring things out on his own. This couldn't be further from the truth as the games went on. They exaggerated his character to making him a raving idiot, instead of to adventurous but untested child he originally was.

EVERY game with Riku besides KH1 is him dealing with the darkness. He always wants redemption, always asks if he's worthy. He has no ambition anymore, it's just one atonement arc after another. Frist he defeats the shadows of his past in CoM. Then he accepts the darkness in Days, then he wears a blindfold in 2, even 'his' arc in Coded is similar. And then we have the exact same shtick in DDD. "I'm not worthy to be a keyblade master, I've touched darkness, I must atone" blah blah blah

9. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

He was never supposed to die in CoM, and his "deaths" in KHII were not deaths at all. Whether these decisions were made due to popular opinion or not has nothing to do with them being rational in-universe. You seem awfully entitled to watching this guy get killed off.

Any rate, why would he continue being that merciless killer when it wasn't really who he was to begin with? Even at the point where he was assassinating Org. members, he was doing it for a friend's benefit. He looks out for them; that hasn't changed. Besides, he's been confronting those problems and flaws of his for every game thus far. You later chastise a character for having their plot arc rehashed, yet this appears to be the opposite argument: that Lea should continue going through the same crap and being the same character.

That's not really explaining anything. I guess you have nothing to say about the moments he has with Roxas that I mentioned in the first post? Or his brief glimpses of Xion and Naminé, and the implications thereof? Some examples of his alleged idiocy might help.
    The reason he's gone through the redemption plot several times is because he keeps messing it up. He may have felt triumphant in CoM, but all he did was defeat a representation of his darkness; that didn't change the fact that he was denying that part of himself, nor did it keep the dark from tempting him. Nowhere is this more apparent than in Days, when he does some truly awful things to a couple of innocent kids in the name of reuniting his friends. KHII didn't solve that either; it just gave him a free pass out of his dark form.

3D for Riku is about more than just admitting who he is and what problems he's caused; it's about moving past that, getting himself together, and setting things right. Until he did that, the plot arc wasn't truly resolved. On the other hand, it very clearly is now, so technically 3D does more differently than II or Days did. So what's the problem? Riku is no longer a self-hating angst factory about his dark side; are you saying you'd prefer if he still was?

10. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

Well, him having moments like he did with Roxas doesn't change the intelligence he has. To put it simply, he only said Roxas should be his own person. In 3D it seemed like Sora just listened to what everyone said and was just constantly being deceived and it gets kind of annoying.

11. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

And for the fact that he needs to be saved by Riku for how many times now...

12. A Zebra Chaser

I like how your definition of defending your opinion is to wildly flail accusations at me.
    Axel:
    Ah yes. For his friends
    I was thinking 'friendship' throughout this entire cutscene, actually:

If Axel remained exactly the same, he would have the same problem as Riku. But the opposite is no better. Lea is nothing like Axel in any way beyond his catch phrase. He's just fanservice now. Working on your flaws does not mean you become flawless. axel logically wouldn't be a merciless killer anymore, but he would certainly have more of an edge than he currently does. Axel waddled into the realm of mediocrity the moment they started bringing him back at the fan's demand.

Sora:
    Look at Sora from KH2 onward. He doesn't figure things out. Everything is told to him, he is shocked by everything, even the revelation of things he should know, like, say becoming a heartless?
    I've got a game. Play KH1, and then another game with Sora. Count the times Sora figures something out.
    About those scenes you mentioned... what about them? They're nothing special.

Riku:
    No, I want KH1 Riku back. DDD Riku still has him whine about the darkness constantly. By the end of CoM, Riku had accepted light and darkness, walking the road of dawn. Then in Days, he accepts darkness, despite already doing that in the previous game. In KH2, he accepts the darkness again, AND has is magically obliterated from him. And then it is proclaimed that he doesn't belong to the dark realm anymore. And then at the beginning of DDD, what does he say? I'm not worthy, I've blah blah blah darkness.
    Why can't we go back to the Riku who had some confidence? Some ambition? KH1 showed he had too much, and it lead him astray, but using this exact same atonement plot in every single game is just plain wearying. And I bet it will crop up in the next game too.
    Oh, and he does terrible things to innocent children? You mean the ones who were sent to kill him? And despite this, explained to one of them what she had to do, allowing it to be her choice, rather than force her to do it?

Bleh, sorry if this post is a bit disjointed, if I didn't explain anything right or something, I stopped and started again a couple of time, stupid interruptions >.>

13. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

I'm not sure if Riku is getting depressed or something... Nice sarcasm about Axel BTW.

14. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Just the one, and not so much wild flailing.

...Axel is friends with Vexen? He took the veterans out to push Saïx up the ladder, that's the point I was making. He knows where his loyalties lie, and precious few things can make him stray from that. That's what makes Days such a heart-breaker for him; eventually, he's put in a position where he either has to let his friends, and potentially himself, die, or fight them to make them quit. When he fought with Roxas, it's because he felt betrayed, like his friend was no longer there. And even then, he couldn't keep up the façade, and eventually came back around and helped Sora out of a tight spot.

What exactly are we defining as an "edge?" I guess charging into the enemy headquarters to save a kid from getting assimilated and mocking a dude who could probably take him out with one shot don't count. Seems this mysterious "edge" is thus far defined by the aspects of his character that wouldn't, shouldn't, and didn't stick with him. If so, then yeah, he's lost his edge, and I'd say it's a good thing. Who in the world would he be killing now? Isa? What'd be the point of that?

Lea is unlike Axel; this much is true. He's supposed to be like that. Axel was never who he was to begin with. KH3D marked a return to being care-free and reckless, like the good old days back in Radiant Garden. If you just dislike Lea as a character, that's one thing, but for what reason exactly? Because he's not acting like his counterpart? That doesn't sound fair; there's no point or motivation for him to continue being that person. If he continued being cold-hearted and ruthless when there is no longer a cause for it, that would cheapen his character.

As for the issue of flaws: Comparatively speaking, Lea doesn't get that much screentime, so his character is not in showcase enough to really dig deep into it. That said, I'd say it's pretty reckless of him to, y'know, charge into the enemy headquarters, especially when he hadn't got his Keyblade yet. He's damn lucky it turned out how it did. He even sounds anxious to leave after he's done showboating, which shows he knows what kind of trouble he's got himself into. Bet money that recklessness will get him, and likely many other people, in trouble in KHIII. The 'Norts are going to use Isa as bait and Lea's gonna fall for it. Bet. Money.
    To the only example given: He wasn't shocked by it, he just had an "Oh yeah duh" moment. Can't blame a guy for forgetting. As for the rest... Despite this smelling suspiciously of a burden of proof fallacy, I'm gonna have to try that. But I brought up the scenes from the endgame more to discredit the notion that Sora hasn't learned anything from his experiences, or that he hasn't lost his naïveté. He couldn't have connected with those people or earned their trust the way he did unless he'd felt their pain. He knows what's at stake now.

"Is that what Frollo told you? Trust me, looks can be deceiving. A good friend sees you for who you are, no matter what face you wear."​

"So sad. The cost of yielding to the darkness."​
    "You could write a book about that."​

"Are you what's trapping him in that nightmare? 'Cause if you are... I'm what nightmares fear!"​

Doesn't sound like a whiner to me.

The precious few times I find him talking about the dark having a hold on him, he immediately follows it up by affirming that it's in the past, that there are things and people in his life he can trust to keep him from going off the deep end again. 3D Riku exudes confidence, to a degree that he's able to impart wisdom on others in several worlds, and to wade through an abyss to rescue his friend. In fact, he talks about Sora more than he talks about himself or the dark combined.

He kept saying that. But did he really show it? I posit that it was lip service. It's easy to think you've overcome a problem when you're fresh out of beating the hell out of it and you think you've found a workable solution. Reality is rarely that simple. And just to nitpick: KHII wasn't him "accepting" the darkness, it was him getting drunk on it to beat somebody.

I'm not gonna keep rehashing the confidence/ambition point. If KH3D doesn't show he has it back, nothing will.

I will count the actions of someone deliberately and knowingly helping to orchestrate the complete erasure of several people as more cruel than the actions of someone who doesn't know any better being sent to kill someone and then backing off when more information comes to light.

15. A Zebra Chaser

The world doesn't operate in a cone. The way Axel kills Vexen is telling of his character, which should logically have ramifications for how he acts elsewhere. Ah, he felt betrayed because his friends remembered his name, so he tried to kill him... friendship! Came back to save Sora? What about the rest of the game, where he tried to KILL Sora?
    my point is, Axel was edgy, aggressive, but he certainly has been losing that as the games line up.

His 'edge' it what made him stand out from other KH characters. In CoM he was the guy who set up, in his own words, "a hell of a show" he executes org members (Zexion and Marluxia indirectly) beats up Sora, basically, he handles things much more aggressively than a standard KH character. His aggression isn't his only characteristic, but it's definitely been a trait that was tempered in each game until it ceased to exist. Axel charging into the castle to save sora isn't "edgy" it's just pandering to the fans. As was giving him a keyblade. That's all he exists for now, and in an effort to make him even more appealing to the fans they've been removing all of his flaws.

No, they're the same person. Lea has all the memories of Axel, changing his name does not give him a free pass to suddenly become a different character. It cheapens the character when they change and no proper reason is given. It'd be like if after KH1 Riku became a really nice guy like Sora, and everybody said 'well it's because he doesn't have darkness anymore!' it's cheap, and only exists to make the character more appealing without doing the work that comes with it.

No, he had his keyblade, he just couldn't summon it, because they wanted it to be an end game surprise. Anyways, the screentime he gets: "I want to save my friends" "Gimme a keyblade" "I saved Sora" "I have a keyblade"
    Note the overwhelming positive. Lea lost the bite that comes with his flaws, now he just knows exactly what to do, how to do it, and calmly asks people to do it for him. Being reckless isn't special.

Sora is a standard anime idiot now. He's the strong fighter who's not too bright. That's ALL he is. I'm sorry I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of KH quotes, and I don't care enough about these arguments to replay seven games to find proof for it. But here's the thing, KH2 does have moments where Sora acts like he did in KH1. things like him talking about Santa. But he doesn't have the spectrum of KH1. While things KH1 Sora say ring of naivete, KH2 rigs of stupidity. He'll forget instructions given seconds earlier, he can't figure out what to do unless he is told by someone else. And I know the reason for this. It's a gameplay aid. sora is made an idiot so the player, who may not know everything about KH, can be filled in on details. The repeating instructions is the same deal, making sure people remember what to do.

That first quote is whining, the second I forget the context (talking to Ansem?), and the third is completely irrelevant. So what about Monstro? Or the fact that Riku gets bummed about any use of darkness he sees? He may not be whining in the most literal sense possible, but he still has an overarching feel of unworthiness, and shows that he's still going through the exact same motions

And KH doesn't operate in the realm of reality, so, shock of all shocks, it IS that simple. After CoM he had a degree of confidence in himself as he could handle both light and darkness... come days? "I'm the real fake..."
    And to quote Riku "I have accepted it" sounds like acceptance to me.
    All I'm saying is that people give the Organization more innocence points than they deserve. And all things considered, Riku handled the situation very positively. Yes, he was trying to erase them. But he explained the situation and made it HER choice. That's not exactly evil.

16. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Hot diggity daffodil this is great for my post count :'D

You're only helping my point. Yes, Axel's actions did have ramifications; they made it easier for him to turn on his friends. But that doesn't mean he wasn't thinking of them the whole time. What they (and we) saw as being a turncoat, he saw as trying to protect them. It was only in the case of fighting Roxas to the death in KHII that he lost sight of that, but even then, it didn't last long. He tried to kill Sora to get Roxas back, because he was already feeling remorse. Then he realized his mistake and quit cold turkey, no more trying to kill friends.

You literally revert to the "pandering to the fans" line every time you make a point. Are you sure you aren't just reacting unnecessarily harshly to a change in character direction?

What I'm trying to say is, you are talking about Axel, and Lea is not that person. That person was forged in fire by the Organization, thrust into cruel circumstances and forced to take on that cruelty to survive. What glimpses we see of Lea in Birth by Sleep cast him in a much friendlier, less abrasive light; he's just a smart-mouthed kid with a bit of an ego. That was also reflected in his character in the rest of the games, so that much is consistent. The reason he's been reduced to that now is because, yes, the sinister side of his personality had been tempered over several games, and he didn't want it to be. He's actively rebelling against that side of himself, now that he's free to be who he once was.

No, they're the same person. Lea has all the memories of Axel, changing his name does not give him a free pass to suddenly become a different character. It cheapens the character when they change and no proper reason is given. It'd be like if after KH1 Riku became a really nice guy like Sora, and everybody said 'well it's because he doesn't have darkness anymore!' it's cheap, and only exists to make the character more appealing without doing the work that comes with it.

The positive is meant to offset the negative. Look at the series as a whole, as opposed to just KH3D. Don't you think Axel has suffered enough? Isn't it time he finally got some things right for a change? Is it "pandering to the fans" to have a tragic character finally overcome what has held them back, or is it just a natural reward for following the character's journey up to this point?

This is amazing. We're actually on opposite sides of the exact same argument wrt Axel and Riku. It's kinda funny.

Then why are you still arguing? I'm submitting proof of my claims. If you want to prove me wrong, how about some counter-evidence?

By the way, I rarely know any of these quotes off-hand. I just pull up a game script for whatever game I want to discuss. 'S not that hard.

I agree, if anything's responsible for a drop in intelligence, it's gameplay aid. That's usually how these things go. I haven't actually been disputing that for a while now. But intelligence is different from wisdom. My argument has been that Sora's grown wiser, whether he's grown more stupid or not.

...I'm... actually speechless. He's giving advice, dude. Speaking from experience. How in seven hells does that come off as whining to you?

Yes. The fact that he can still effectively smart-mouth his dark side tells me that he's not so one-dimensional. Moments like that are crucial in making angsty characters bearable. For reference of a similar case, see Cloud Strife, who utterly fails to do anything but whine about his problems 90% of the time. You won't find him delivering Sephiroth any sharp one-liners.

Riku confronts the darkness that holds Sora in sleep and warns it that he is powerful enough to make it scream for its mother. You find this irrelevant. Not two sentences later, you complain that all he does when he sees darkness is get bummed out. I don't get it, man.

What about it? It's one outlying instance in a game that otherwise portrays Riku as a wise and resolute protector of the light. This is why I say our arguments over Riku and Axel are exact opposites: You want Axel to keep trudging over the same flaws and personal issues that held him back for so long, yet when you perceive Riku as doing the same, this becomes a problem. The funny part is, he's not. At all.

Yeah, he does. That unworthiness has haunted him since he first let the darkness into his heart. And at the end of this game, he finally overcomes it. Again I ask: What's the problem?

If he's still dealing with this crap in KHIII, then your argument here may have some weight. At that point there will scarcely be anything left to justify it.

Laziest, flimsiest defense of a point I've ever heard. Art imitates life, and successful art reflects the complexity of reality; it is a matter of opinion if you think Kingdom Hearts fails to do so, and thus it serves as a shoddy defense of your point.

I don't feel the need to address any of this since it all hinges on your stating that "KH doesn't operate in the realm of reality."

It's not evil, no, but it's wrong. Riku had the best of intentions, but he failed to realize them without hurting someone in the process. That's kind of a running theme with him, even since the first game. And a wrongdoing weighs heavily on the heart, whether done out of malice or good will. Whereas Xion and Roxas quite simply did not know any better. They scarcely knew anything at all. I won't speak for the rest of the Organization; I agree, people romanticize them too much. But in this case, it's two effective amnesiacs against a guy who could've said, "Wait, I'm getting déjà vu. Maybe I should find another way around this." In fact, since Xion and Roxas ultimately found their way to Sora in the end, who's to say Riku even had to pose the choice to them? It's already made out to seem severely like a matter of fate - something neither of them could avoid. Riku making himself a part of it means it weighs on his conscience. That's the point.

17. A Zebra Chaser

So I've picked up on something, reading your responses. You seem to be under the impression I have far more extreme feelings about what I'm talking about than I actually do. That's a pretty common thing, I've found, with people I debate with, and I've been working on improving that.
    I don't like the turn Lea is taking, but I still like him as a character. I thought Sora was an idiot in KH2, but that's still my favourite game in the franchise. Honestly, what I said in my first post is about the extent of my feelings on the subject. I don't really care enough about KH3D to keep this debate going, though I plan on making a video about it one day, and when I do I WILL do my research, and I'll be sure to send a link your way so we can continue this in earnest, but yeah, as it stands I'm just not all that invested in this debate, sorry :/
    Honestly, as it stands, Below and RifleRiku have basically explained 2/3 of the points about as well as I could, that's about how I feel

18. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Full disclosure, I am intentionally pumping myself up to keep debating it. So we're probably doing the same thing, lol. 'Twas fun though! And I do respond in earnest either way, so take it as you will. Lookin' forward to that video.

19. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Sora has grown in my eyes in that he became a more flawed and vulnerable character. He's always proclaimed to believe in his heart and his emotions above logic and understanding, something that comes from him being a beacon of lgiht. He's shown his strength of heart, his self assurance of himself and his belief in his friends have propelled him to become a great source of power and light for good. However, the light has been blinding him for so long, that he can not see people possess darkness in themselves. Riku especially, he believes in his friend fully of never going bad, and that it was the corruption brought on by Ansem SoD that caused him to be someone he wasn't really, yet it was always obvious Riku hungered to gain more then what the simple islands could give him.
    So this was brought up mainly at the end of KH3D when Sora, in The World That Never Was, keeps seeing illusions of his friends and tries desperately to save them. this, however, leaves him blind ad vulnerable to the effects of Xemnas and Xehanort who use this opportunity to poison and weaken Sora to the point he's exhausted and struggling. This is why he failed his Mark of Mastery, his inability to control his feelings and act disciplined. Riku has grown up quicker than Sora because he's had to deal with the darkness within him and try to deal with it and his actions against his friends, guilt ridden and feeling hopeless at times until Mickey believes in him and eventually he believes in himself. Sora already had believed in himself, but it was a reckless kind of belief, which led him to fail and put himself and others in danger. So now, he has to deal with the corruption that the light can have on him, of being blind to logic and reason and the guilt of putting his friends in danger for his recklessness. At the end of the game, I think he realised this a bit more, he was content to improve and willing to move on. He won't brood like Riku, that's not Sora, he'll be goofy and act dozy but it's his ability to recover and keep moving forward that gives him the strength to adapt and become a Keyblade Master, eventually.

Lea is going to be different from Axel, because he has a heart now. Yes nobodies have hearts, but they take time to develop and grow that sort of thing. We're going back to a state of Axel that's fully formed, an therefore will be a different persona to the Axel persona.

Riku's become self assured more and knows his strength better, and isn't willing to needlessly sacrifice and make himself suffer for his regrets and guilt. He kept the form of Ansem SoD in KH2 not because he wanted the power it gave him, we can clearly see he had plenty without it when fighting Xemnas, but because he wanted to punish himself for being a monster. The temptation of Ansem SoD will always be within him, and we can see that in every encounter they have, that he more easily ignores his allure and has built the resistance to the seduction of power in darkness. He's grown a lot.

Those were the biggest changes in characters and it'll be interesting to see how they're dealt with in the future.

20. benjizz Destiny Islands Resident

I completely agree with yoi those are the biggest changes in the characters.
    But then ticks me is the way people keep saying Sora has gone stupod Riku can t sortg himself out Axel is different etc.
    First off Sora is obviously not the brighest character in the serie.He may have gone dum by kh2 and dummer in DDD but you reallh cannoy blame that much. So much Stuff is going on around him. That guy has been asleep for a year his meories havd been scre ed with so much this could explain his slightly dummer character in kh2 tthe has missed out on a year for crying out loud you cannot expect him to pick up from there . All the guy remember when he wakes is he has to find the King and Riku.Sora may seem like a empty-head but that can come up with one of the most brilliant speeches about friendship who even the makes the people who pretty much understand everthing slighty stunned ex braig xemnas.. So you gotta give him credit for that.

Riku you can say he is acting the same for the past four games. But it ain t easy to forget the darness in your heart when you got some stalker called Ansem the seeker of darness constantly there to remind that there is darkness in yor heart.
    Hatok you want Riku want riku rom Kh1 bak but you gotta accept that he a diffrerent person now you cant expect after one year and half to be the same person his ambitions led him astray and got him conqured by darkness he cannot let that happen again. Every good games has the characther change if not it would just be boring as heck. Uncharted look at the trilogy nate s character wavers each game.

As for lea he is no more axel and he can be who truly without the pressure of the organisation on his back[DOUBLEPOST=1366455649][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry if can t understand properlh i usually write with phone and im really bad at it