Site News Changes.

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by *Sora*, Jan 28, 2007.

1. *Sora* Gummi Ship Junkie

Please don't put words in my mouth. I never said I was not going to allow you all to continue posting in the Spam Zone, or take away your right to post in any section, for that matter. I want this site to run the way it should be. The way Deathspank wanted it to be, from the start. You aren't interested in Kingdom Hearts? Our users don't want to talk about it? Well then there's something wrong. Our fanbase must suck. Despite my dislike for KHU (kh2.co.uk), there forums are active with Kingdom Hearts enthusiasts and fans alike, who to this day, still discuss Kingdom Hearts I, let alone II and CoM. Let me put it straight: I want this site to be something. I want it to be the way it used to be. Over the course of months and a whole forum shift, somewhere along the line, things changed. Our entire userbase changed. Things are different now, and it's not in a good way. As I stated in my first post: I don't care what you think about this, or what you think about me. Things need to change, or this site is going to die fast. Real fast. It bothers me that I can leave the forum for 6 hours, and come back to 3 or 4 posts that actually mean something, and see a slew of threads such as "What does FORD mean?" or "Make your own word."

Arc, I am not the only person who sees things the way I do. I might be the only person with the balls to come out and state our major faults, but jesus christ, at least I'm trying to get something done around here.

If any of you have a problem with this, then state it here. I'm not going to waste my time on a forum with no potential to grow. It started off strong, with 1 in-active user. Now there are about 2,000. Things have changed. I will gladly resign as admin, and leave these forums if you all believe that I'm trying to threaten this forum in any way, because like I said, I will not just sit around and watch this forum die.

2. Darkandroid Gets it Together

We are getting to a point where KH discussions are going to be limited and not enough to feel a whole forum full of activity. But this place generally needs more discussion, it seems active now, but i've seen situations like this, a place was booming with members and talking about anything (aka spam zone like things) but then it dies out, simply because no-one is posting anything interesting, nothing to discuss. The forums need to mature.

3. Inasuma "pumpkin"

Here. You know what? Let's make this five HUNDRED ****in' times easier.

Let's separate ALL sections. KH and non-KH.

Simple enough?

Like this:

KH section:
    - KH (Sum forum for KH:FM)
    - KH:COM (sub forum for KHre:COM)
    - KH2 (sub forum for KH2: FM)

And a spoiler's forum for the upcoming KH3 or something.

Then a COMPLETELY miscellaneous section for anything else:

Non-KH
    - Spam
    - Discussion
    - Graphics stuff
    - etc.
    - etc.

And then like a seperate section for other stuff.

See what I mean? Who CARES if we don't talk about KH. As long as we specify the sections then it is CLEAR where you want to go.

So I find this to be quite pointless. <_<

4. Cherry Berry Chaser

Well said darky! But Its not like as if this forum is gonna die out anytime soon darkandroid... Believe me its true :p

5. Inasuma "pumpkin"

yeah. But it's also true that if we had more KH than anything else we'd lose a lot of member's.

Because well over half of our member's don't even care about KH that much. I know I don't. =P

6. Darkandroid Gets it Together

I agree, that is why we need to expand, honestly all the KH hype was last year, it's 2007 now. I think the layout is fine, there is just too much attention in spam.

7. Inasuma "pumpkin"

It has nothing to do with 'where' the attention is. :/

We just need thing's set up so it's obvious how things work.

Like KHI, for example. <_< Since they are like god of all Fansites. xD

8. Axel Chaser

Partying, making tags and Staring at the Sun.
    Relating to the layout...I was wondering why there wasn't a KHI help section cuz there is for the KHII section and it confuses sometimes.

9. Roxas OG

I've been suggesting what Darky said for ages, and the fact is; nothing gets done around here.

I hate the spam zone now. It's the source of the kh topics being unactive.

I say no to the spam zone.

10. Anderson (☞゚∀゚)☞ You've lost the game.

I for one completely support this revolution. The reason I even joined was to talk about KH.

11. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i think we should have a poll to see what others think

12. delux Traverse Town Homebody

This seems pretty interesting. Btw, nice speech *Sora*.

13. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Well we are saying what we are thinking here, a poll is very limited, while just describing the way you feel about it is far more effective.

14. Zexion of the Twilight The conflicts within my priorities....

Screw KHInsider, that site died in my soul a long time ago, unless you mean KHImpulse. KHImpulse is great and should be revived.

15. Inasuma "pumpkin"

This has nothing to do with the site itself, Zexion. This has to do with its forum layout.

I never said we become khi, I just implied they are a good model of how a good forum for a KH fan-site should look.

16. EvilMan_89 Code Master

actually....i change my opinion. but it wasn't becuz of Sora's speech (which wasn't even great btw like how some ppl said) or wat other ppl posted here. but it's becuz i'm finding less and less of a reason to log on everytime i decide to come here. so mebbe some change will spice things up?

17. Roxas is Hot I'd lick his Sea Salt stick anytime. ♥

Ah...changes are good. ^_^ I look foward to them.

*waves *Sora* flag*

18. DarknessKingdom The Kingpin of the TV

*brings up banner saying 'Go, *Sora* Go!'*

Now we'll have more topics to talk in the KH part of the forum. I find myself spending more times in the Music/Anything Else/Creativity Corner and Gaming.

Never Spam Zone though XD

19. soras kingdom Merlin's Housekeeper

ok right now it seems there is nothin to talk about but just wait there will be 100s of subjects to talk about wen kh2 final mix comes out just wait. p.s. 10000000% with getin rid of the spam zone and as other people have said change is good

20. Xigbar The Freeshooter

You know something *Sora*, you are completely right about the whole Spam Zone thing. It's becoming the center of this site when it shouldn't be because this is KH-Vids not SPAM-Vids...