Cascadia

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Plums, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Misty gimme kiss

ORLANDO PLOOMS I AM SO SORRY THIS TOOK ME SO LONG

Very enjoyable chapter, your action scenes are so awesomes. <3 They make me actually interested in something other than angst fics, which is a high compliment bro. :v Just some specific thoughts/comments:
    dohohoho I see what you did there
    This, for whatever reason, reminded me of the locket scene in Deathly Hallows, which (as you can imagine), has all kinds of creepy shipping implications. However, this also reminded me of the Chev/Star (Starvalier?) action in the previous installment so yay~
    Also, minor clerical error:
    It's actually kool kats.

2. Plums Wakanda Forever

THIS IS NOT AN UPDATE PART ONE: questions and proposition

You are all probably thinking, "Plums wtf is this shi and WHERE IS OUR UPDATE"

To the first part: I know that the time shenanigan stuff is confusing for some people (and will get kind of messy soon :v), so this is to offer anyone who has a question about Cascadia at the moment a chance to get an answer that will not be posted at the end of an update. Also, if you haven't read Blood of the Cascade and are reading this, strongly urge reading the former since this is a sequel? lol

To the second part: when i feel like it :B

Also, this looks like it will be 35 chapters long????

But that includes special surprises o;
    And we have 4 chapters done already, so woo~

And onto next announcement,

the aforementioned ~special~ things will feature artwork, and considering I lack a tablet and any form of drawing skills, I am v. open if someone would like to create some art for this. I already have plans to use these marvelous portraits Jiku made before, though I would also like to incorporate other styles into this.

So if you'd like to contribute and what not, feel free to VM me or hit me up on MSN.~

Chapters Completed: 4/36

3. Plums Wakanda Forever

Chapter Four: Versus Admin

Cassie's lungs were a machine. Air seemed to leave as fast as it came in. Her eyes squinted as she brushed against a bush; she was blinded by the blackness of the void hanging over her head. She needed to escape. There was no other alternative, no variables left unaccounted. Her goal was clear. Have to escape the Super Mods. Need to get to Misty. She felt her foot snag into a tree branch. Cassie fell, rolling over the brush before her. Between her spinning, she could see the light of the moon envelope around her.

The labyrinth of trees gave way to the sounds of the surf. Cassie landed on her face, her eyes hovering over the green blades below her. Rising to her feet, she stretched her arms toward the sky. She looked around, her, the tree labyrinth behind her glittering beneath the moonlight. The grass below her feet was kissed over with morning dew, loosening crisp crunches every time she moved her feet. A little ways before her, she saw a cliff, the jagged end thrusting out over the sea below. She strolled over to the edge, her ears filled with nothing but the crunching of the grass and the light rasp of the surf. That was the worst part of it. Cassie sighed, raising an index finger to play with her bangs.

As much as she didn’t want to consider it, she couldn’t help but to think of her own timeline. Was this how Star felt when Sabby and Chev were killed? Was this how Wolfie felt when GS and Aura sacrificed themselves to give her a fighting chance? Even with the threat of the DBE gone and the city likely returning to normal, with the deaths of all those people, does Wolfie still feel loneliness creep upon her? Does she still feel it knock on her chest, and only hear the echoes of a cry?

“No, I can’t think of that…,”Cassie said, staring down into the depths below her. “They’re better off now. Cass, you’ve gotta focus! All of this could be much worse right now. ****, I could even be listening to Chev say ‘ummm’ over and over again.”

"Umm, I'm afraid that's where you're mistaken." The trees rustled as Chev and Star dropped into the clearing, their armored shoes clanging against the ground. Cassie glanced over the pair: both wore stainless steel shoulder guards, a single violet line running diagonally down the accessory. Chev wore a knight’s coif over his head while Star wore a witch’s cap, a white imprint of Toothless riding along the tip.

"I'm guessing RvR instated a dress code for you lot?" Cassie stifled a chuckle.

"Actually, no. It was my idea," Chev stated, frowning at the girl. " As staff members, it is our job to protect the members. I want people to enjoy the forums and feel that this is a place where they are accepted. As such, this ‘dress code’ was designed to show that very commitment.”

"And here I thought Mark was the biggest nerd,” Cassie said, making no effort to hide her laughter. Even Star began to laugh, her hands clutching her chest.

"The audacity, I have never...!” Cassie’s grin grew larger as Chev’s face grew more red. She always enjoyed teasing her Chev back when he was first hired. It was nice, and equally hilarious, that even across time, she could still get Chev riled.

“You have broken your way into the staff section and violated the most core rule of the city." Chev stretched out his arm. An olive light poured from his palm, extending into a single rod. “, I hereby sentence you to permanent banishment.”

“Yeah!” Star said, shoving her hand into her pocket. Her fingers rummaged around in her pockets for a bit, before she brought her other hand to her head. "Oh my god I forgot my violin needle.”

"Ehm...Star? You don't need it to fight, remember? Thought you didn’t need it after more after our promotion a while ago," Chev said, twiddling the staff in his hand.

"Oh. Oops, lol. I forgot. Carry on, broski."

"Its fine Lexi. Where was I...? Oh yes! Anyway, this is an inexcusable transgression. As I said, I'm afraid you will have to face an immediate permanent banishment." Chev frowned as a smile stretched across Cassie's lips.

"What's so funny?”

"Nothing much, aside from the two Super Moderators in front of me that need to take the sand out of their vaginas and listen for a minute," Cassie said. "I don't have time for your poop. I need to speak to your entire staff -- urgently."

"You'll have plenty of chit chat time after we perma your behind," Chev said, charging forward.

Chev thrust his staff at Cassie's chest. Cassie ducked beneath the staff. She began to reach her hands towards the forest before pulling back. I can't use my powers yet. If I do before I explain everything, shit'll turn sour faster than What's mood when Cookiie's not around. Cassie shifted to the left as Chev took another swing. She swept her leg against his foot, knocking him off balance. Chev fell backwards, cursing beneath his breath.

“Don’t worry Chev, I’ve got her!” Star said, raising her hand to the sky. Cassie’s eyes widened as she lowered her hand. A column of light began to form in the sky. Taking a breath, Cassie ran towards Star, the light crashing down where she had been standing. Star gasped as Cassie slid between her legs, smirking. The girl grabbed Star’s legs, bringing her face into the ground.

Cassie jumped to her feet, panting, as Chev sped towards her. He began to spin the staff, the tip refining a sharpened point. He began to slash at the air, his face completely reddened over. Cassie moved against the slashes, her body turning in line with the blade. It was almost as if they were dancing, locked in a perpetual tango beneath the night. Cassie began to feel sweat gather on her brow. Her foot caught in a tangle of grass, knocking her off balance. She gasped as the blade approached her head. Ducking, she felt a sharp tug on her hair, air rushing against areas of her neck she had never felt it touch before. Cassie brought her hand to her head, her eyes widening.

[​IMG]

“My…hair…” Cassie sat in awe. It couldn’t be gone. She’d been trying to grow it out for months. Ever since Chev said she looked like a lesbian with her Misty cut…and now, now…

“Dammit, I knew I shouldn’t have been swinging so wild! So careless sometimes, Chev…” Chev said, staring down at the girl. “Now then, how about you surrender? I’ve heard that there are some good barbers down in the Ban Cells…”

Cassie’s eyes lit up. “CHEVALIER!”

[​IMG]

Eyes aflame, Cassie kicked up her right foot. She could hear Chev squeal as her foot connected with his pants. Breathing heavily, Cassie felt a leak on her pants. Water had wrapped itself around her shoe, the tip of her foot coated with a thin layer of ice. She gasped as she saw a large icicle wrapped around Chev’s crotch.

[​IMG]

Chev fell backwards onto the ground, unconscious. Stardust stared, gaping, as Cassie scrambled to her feet. “Dammit, that wasn’t supposed to happen!” she said, rubbing her fingers on her forehead.

“Who…are you?” Star said, raising her fists to the girl. Cassie shook her head. I hope Star will forgive me for this. Cassie raised her arms. Star charged at her, columns of light building in the sky. Cassie grunted, flicking her right wrist. The grass beneath Star faded to brown, the water within slapping Star into the air. Cassie crossed her right arm over her left. Trees burst apart as water flew at Star, wrapping the girl in a circular cage. Extending both of her arms, Cassie began to spin in place. The water moved with the girl, spinning Star faster and faster. Grunting, Cassie stopped in place, whipping her right arm down in the air. The ball of water condensed to ice, falling into the ground with a crash. Inside, Star’s feet were pointing up to the sky, the girl knocked unconscious.

“I’ve got to get moving now. Having them tail me was bad enough, but now having two beat up purples on my case? This literally can’t get any wor—“

Cassie cringed as water snaked its way up her leg. She tried to move her arms, but felt ice lock around her torso. She yelped as the water around her legs slammed her into a tree, freezing on contact. She struggled against her bonds, the bark of the tree cutting her back. Who the hell?!

A column of water burst up from the cliff. Cassie covered her eyes as droplets rained around the clearing. She could hear someone jump to the ground. She could hear the grass crunch before her. Cassie opened her eyes, only to find her eyes staring back.

“Misty…”

“Like I said, you aren’t getting away this time. I don’t know who you are, but you’ve broken some pretty damn important rules,” Misty said, pointing to the unconscious Super Mods. Cassie was awestruck. This was the time she’d been waiting for. Misty needs to know everything: the other timeline, the loneliness, the DBE.

“Misty, wait! I have something important to s—“ Misty clenched her fist. Water leapt around Cassie’s mouth, freezing instantly.

“You can save your story till after we get back to HQ. Now, to get these two poops…” Misty said, pulling her sleeves up. She wore a silver hoodie, a white image of a Wayfinder clinging on its back. Cassie watched as Chev and Star rose into the air, both still knocked out of it. Misty turned towards Cassie, shifting her head to the left. The pain left Cassie’s back as she joined the two Super Mods in the air, Misty staring up at all of them.

“Come on kids, playtime’s over.”

Everyone was staring at her. Cassie looks up at the ceiling, the strobe lights beating down against her eyes. She was tied down in a plastic chair, surrounded by every Sectional Moderator on the staff team. After Misty brought them back to the Staff HQ, she was immediately restrained in this chair. Ever since then, she’s been surrounded by nothing but crimson. Cassie couldn’t even bat an eyelash without Sabby jumping in her seat, or Fork throwing his cigarette down in shock. Jayn flinched every time she so much as breathed, and even Plums, Claw and What seemed hesitant to be around her. On the other side of the room, RvR, Misty and Wolfie sat around Chev and Star, gazing down at the pair. Misty had freed Star from her ice prison, the girl now resting in a bed with Spongebob hot cocoa. Even though she was wrapped in two thick blankets, she continued to shiver. Chev, on the other hand, was a different story.

“Mark, do you have any idea how to uh…” Wolfie said, staring at Chev’s frozen section. Her cheeks burned scarlet.

“Oh god no, I’m not handling that.”

“Well, one of you simpletons better help me out!” Chev said, groaning every time he so much as moved an inch.

“Misty, you’ve got this. Your responsibility and all.”

“Bullshit it is Mark! I didn’t even do anything!”

“That’s the point. Get to it, Misty-san,” RvR said, patting the girl on the shoulder. Misty groaned, raising her right hand.

“Chev, this might…sting a bit.”

“What do you me-“ Chev screamed as Cassie ripped her hand back, the water tearing itself from Chev’s body.

“Huh, guess that worked out just great then,” Misty said, wiping her hands.

“Uh Misty?”

“Yeah, Wolfie?”

“What’s that, uh…hair, in the water?” Wolfie said, pointing to the extracted water. Misty looked at it, her face turning a deep shade of green. Large strands of hair lay nestled in the water, swimming within as though a hairy sea of fish. Misty looked towards Wolfie. Both girls nodded as Misty condensed the water to ice, throwing it into the air. With a breath, Wolfie pumped out her fist, a fire blast incinerating the ice on the spot. The girls high-fived as RvR clapped, shrugging his head over to Cassie.

“Now that that’s solved, should probably get on that, aye?” The three walked over to the circle of Sectional Mods, nodding their heads. The Sec. Mods pulled their chairs aside, allowing Misty to enter into the center. Cassie looked up at the girl standing right in front of her.

“I don’t think I have to tell you what you did wrong.”

“No, you don’t. But listen, I have to tell you something. All of you. It’s a matter of the survival of KH-Vids,” Cassie said, staring into Misty’s face. She could see the girl’s eyes soften.

“Mark? You good with this?”

“Yeah, let her speak,” RvR said.

“Alright then. , what do you have to say?” Without wasting a second, Cassie began to tell them everything. From the moment at the party where she killed Plums all the way up to where the DBE slayed CtR and jumped through the Core into this timeline. During her speech, she looked over at each and every one of them: Plums was shocked, Jayn and Sabby were crying, Fork had stopped smoking, Claw was staring into his lap, Enzy, Mark, Chev, Star and Misty were silent. By the time she stopped talking, she was met with a glare by Wolfie.

“What kind of ****ing crock pot story is that? KHV members dying, sentient Database Errors, timeline hopping? You’re just trying to save your ass from a perma.”

“I agree,” Jayn said, sniffling. “This can’t be true. It just…really, really can’t be…”

“Yeah, I have to say I agree too,” Fork said, shifting around in his chair. “Even if the sentient DBE thing is true, how do we know your some kind of alternate timeline Misty?”

“Actually, that’s where I can help.” Everyone in the room turned their heads toward Claw, his head still facing his lap. “I am uniquely qualified to do this sort of thing. Time travel fascinates me, and I’ve been meaning to put my powers to a test for a while now, heh.” Claw rose out of his chair, moving to stand between Misty and Cassie.

“I’m going to need a, er, DNA sample from you two.” Misty and Cassie looked at each other. “It works best if it’s straight DNA, like the kind found in saliva…” The girls’ eyes widened.

“O-or a hair sample! hair would do just fine.” Misty brought on hand to her head and plucked out a single hair. Misty gazed at Cassie uneasily as she plucked one from the girl’s head, offering both to Claw.

“This should take just a moment,” Claw said, dropping both strands of hair into his mouth.

“Know what that means? Claw will always have a piece of Misty inside him forever,” Plums said, giggling with What and Fork. Claw glared at the trio, murmuring words beneath his breath. After a minute, the hairs on his arm perked up. Claw began to glow a bright blue color as a ball of energy formed in his hands. Claw allowed it to grow another two inches before clenching his fist. Opening it up, a small disk rested between his fingers.

“Okay, now I just upload this onto the computer,” Claw said, pushing past the girls and slipping the disk into the console. After pressing a few keys, a single line appeared on screen. Branches began to shoot out every which direction, all reaching towards the end of the screen.

“Aha!” Claw said, pointing to the top of the screen. Everyone in the room gathered around to stare. A single one of the branches seemed to fork to the right, connecting to the tip of the main branch.

“See, this middle line is our timeline. As you can see, we’re the main time period, also dubbed the ‘Alpha’ for you time sticklers out there. Anyway, these branches represent offshoot timelines, ones that made a decision that was not made in the Alpha time. Things like Misty being a Sectional Mod for over five minutes, or Mark never being a Forum Helper – that kind of stuff.”

[​IMG]

“Okay, but what does this have to do with her?” Jayn motioned over to Cassie.

“That’s what I was about to touch upon! See this line right here, towards the top, how it’s going its own direction then BAM! It’s connected to ours? This is ’ timeline. While she’s not our Misty, she IS Misty, just from a timeline different than our own.”

“Then…she was telling the truth?”

“It appears that way,” Claw said, beaming at the girl. Everyone looked over towards Cassie, then back to the monitor.

“It’s great that her time travel and Misty-ness is true, but that still doesn’t answer anything about this Database Error? Wouldn’t it have gotten here around the same time as you? Why haven’t you seen it? Why haven’t we heard of it?” Wolfie said, pointing at the screen.

“I…don’t know. It could be hiding, but…” Cassie said, staring down into her lap.

“I’m not sure about everyone else, but I think we should permaban her still. The story doesn’t check out completely and she still broke our most important rule.”

“’Fraid to say it, but I have to agree,” RvR said, rising from his seat. “If no one’s got any objections, I’m gonna take her down to the banned cells now.” Cassie’s eyes began to mist up as RvR drew closer, her eyes darting up to the screen. As RvR placed his hand on her shoulder, she gasped.

“Look, there! Just a little lower than my line!” Everyone looked towards the screen, their eyes widening. Just below Cassie’s intersection with the main line, another line from her branch dispersed and intersected with the Alpha line.

“Claw, can you tell what that is?” Misty asked. Claw nodded, clicking the line for info. A window popped up on the screen.The image was shaped like a human, but was completely black. It had no eyes, no mouth. Everyone in the room looked over to Cassie, abject horror painted over her face.

“It…got here before me?” Cassie said, nearly silent. Claw pressed another key. A smaller window popped up on screen.

timetreeDATES.png

“Dates back to…January 10th, 2011. It’s been here a whole year.” The entire staff was silent. Misty tapped her fingers against the computer system.

“Alright…I don’t know what we’re going to do. But I do know this, no member must find out about this. Not even the Coders or Reporters. What happened in this room tonight stays in this ****ing room. I am serious about that. This is…horrifying news, to say the least, and we don’t need people to feel unease. Now then, Mark and I will be doubling—no, tripling, our efforts on the security. Super Mods, I want you to check every inch of KHV. If you spot that thing, do not fight it alone. Call me or Mark. Hell, call us both.”

“What about us?” Jayn asked, gesturing to the Sectional Mods.

“Sec Mods are to continue doing their job as normal. That’s probably the most important objective here. Keep the face, don’t let the members find out about this…thing. As for you,” Misty said, turning to Cassie.

“I don’t know what exactly this all means, but you know that thing best. You’re to remain here on lockdown until further notice. If you even try to leave, I will delete your account faster than Wolfie in a field of Intro spam.” Cassie looked at Misty, nodding.

“This Database Error could be anyone on KHV. I expect all of you to approach with the utmost caution. I don’t know what it’s planning, but I do know this: we stand as a team, and we can beat it. We always do.” Misty smiled. “Anyway, y’all kids dismissed.” As everyone left, Misty freed Cassie from her bondage, leading her to her room.

“Misty, I…”

“Don’t worry about it. We’ll be fine.” They turned down a corridor. A single door rested against the wall. Misty opened the door, gesturing Cassie inside. Cassie hopped on the bed, smiling at the girl at the door.

“?”

“Yeah, Misty?”

“Was…Orange okay in your timeline?”

“…Yeah,” Cassie said, the memories ripping through her skull. “She’s fine.”

“Okay, good. I just get worried, haha. Anyway, we’ll speak more later. I have so many questions…”

“Sure it won’t be weird talking to yourself?”

“You and I both know we don’t do it nearly enough, hah. Anyway, see you later. If you need me, or well, you, just give me a ring and I’ll try to get back to you as soon as I can. This security thing is going to be crazy…”

“Security thing?” Cassie looked to Misty, who raised a single finger to her lips as she closed the door.

“Spoilers, m’dear.” The door shut. Cassie fell back into the bed, looking towards the ceiling. She tried to look past the darkness of the room, of the sky, back to her own time. But the shadow of the DBE hung over every inch of her thoughts.

Code:
    TOTAL SHIPS REFERENCED: 3
    TOTAL POOP COUNT: like 14
    Chapters Completed: 5/38

4. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

Please... don't. My eyes burn from the shittiness.

You just need to get a steady update schedule. There are a couple points where I was kind of lost, not a really a problem but you could go for a little bit more clarity at times. Like your writing has a lot of the metaphors and descriptions and other basic elements that it needs but you should probably make sure that you're using them when they are most needed rather than everywhere. Strunk and White say, "Omit needless words." That's rule 1. So think about economy of language and ease of reading sometimes, try to keep everything more or less there but remind yourself that what's necessary is what's good.

You just about know everyone is going to be looking up that join date for a clue now. I'm however going to call Maki-rin as the villain since he's the most likely to become one.

5. Plums Wakanda Forever

Chapter Five: [vn] Scarlexplore

Why the fliggity fock do you have tags on your poop?

Because I enjoy it. c:

No, but really, it's because I'm exploring different mediums of story telling. Regular chapters won't have a tag, but the special ones (made in Visual Novel style, large multi-part thing, etc.) will gain them to make it easy to read

Plaams you dumb I can't download this.

No worries! I'm about to record myself playing through it in HyperCam, and will upload it to YouTube soon.

How long did it take you to make this?

Four days. Granted, that was working for many hours at a time. Next time another thing like this happens (aka next chapter), t will be ~2 weeks.

are you tired

YES. ;~; also starving oop

DOWNLOADS:

And: Folder of All Three In Case You're Really Silly and Have Three Operating Systems?????

RECOMMENED PLAY ORDER (!!!!!!)
    • Jayn
    • Fork
    • Claw
    • Enzy
    • Sabby
    • Plums
    Art (Artist, Piece)

Mari - Jayn

Jayn - What?, Cookiie, Hero of Time, Makaze, AndrewTemari101, Ienzo, Kingdom Hearts530, Korosu (Kelly), Kitty, Machazo, Mialument, Dr_Wigglz, Noroz and Crimson Azoth (Vivi)

Jiku Neon - Plums, Forsaken, Sabby, Sforzato, Wolfie, P

Misty - Chevalier, Stardust, Misty

Maka - Maka

Rissy - Guardian Soul

jojoj13(?) - Rissy

Mish, beezygee, Peyton, Peace and War, Kites and Clawtooth made va this face generator.

All background images found on Google Images.

Main Menu Cover and Transitions made by me in 2 minutes.

/dies

Chapters Completed: 6/38

6. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

Um.

[​IMG]
    What do I do?

7. Plums Wakanda Forever

Click on the one that says "Scarlexplore". :B

8. ShibuyaGato Transformation

You know, if you want, I could always make the play through for you and upload it. I wouldn't have any problem with it. :3

But anyway, in regards to the chapter, it was SO GOOD! The conversations between each individual member felt so canon, and every last detail you added, from the music to the pictures, made it feel like KHV. That last bit was totally unexpected, but it worked out so well. I cannot wait for the next part ALEXANDER. <3<3<3<3<3

9. Plums Wakanda Forever

Chapter Six: [vn] Alpha/Beta

TITLE.gif

Why the fliggity fock do you have tags on your poop?

Because I enjoy it. c:

No, but really, it's because I'm exploring different mediums of story telling. Regular chapters won't have a tag, but the special ones (made in Visual Novel style, large multi-part thing, etc.) will gain them to make it easy to read

Plaams you dumb I can't download this.

No worries! I'm about to record myself playing through it in HyperCam, and will upload it to YouTube soon.

How long did it take you to make this?

This time three days. i am crying blood.

are you tired

YES. ;~; also starving oop

DOWNLOADS:

TO PLAY

• Unpackage the files from the ZIP (via WinRAR or some other program)
    • Should see something like this: click me!
    • Click the one that has Application as its Flie Type.
    • Gud 2 Go.

Not Here Yet!

Chapters Completed: 8/38 (!!!!!)

10. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

This chapter was amazing Plums-just like always. I loved that Jaden got an honorable mention too XD

Misty and Orange reminds me of how me and my friend Stephanie talk to each other XD I was laughing so hard- and I also laughed when Misty called P a ******* and RVR calling him a SoB xD I kinda feel bad for P right now XD But hell I laughed most of all at how naive Amaury was being XD

I also love how evil you make Voxli out to be XD It wasn't that bad bro XD

Update soon bro <3

11. Sumi suicidé

I'm going to punch you. In your face. >:L

Anyway. I really like this way you tell the story, it makes it a little more interactive and I think that fits well with the story you want to get across. There was definitely a lot of tension and you did a good job of letting things build up before everything fell into place. As always, I can't wait for more.

12. Plums Wakanda Forever

Couldn't get recording working. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'll do a big synopsis of everything thus far later though, because we have reached

[​IMG]

Amaury
    Aura
    Arch
    HeartlessOfLight
    Lulus_Moogle

13. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Oh my god, Plums I am in love again. All that TWEWY moosik is just so amazing and I NOW NEED THE REMIX SOUNDTRACK ON MY iPOD LIEK RITE NOW! <3<3<3

But really, I absolutely adored it. Can't wait for more. <3333333333333333
    Wake up, leave your hesitation
    it just fukin works with this fanfic~