Cascadia

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Plums, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Misty gimme kiss

Plums
    you know me too well
    also it's so koot that you guys are calling me <3

Anyway, I very much enjoyed this chapter! I found some tiny typos/grammatical errors but nothing that made it unreadable. There also were no italics during a thought part, which made it kind of confusing, but KHV tends to **** up when pasting from Word so that may not be your fault.

I also thought your addition of the members were pretty adorable, with the little references that make them resemble their real selves more.

I EAGERLY AWAIT MOAR.

2. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU'LL NEVER FIND OUT!
    "Its" is the correct form of possessive of an object. Not "It's" That's "it is". Makaze, Misty and others caught the other stuff.

3. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

This I do not understand. Completely out of context. Explain?

4. Plums Wakanda Forever

I believe she meant the missing quotation mark before the dialogue, and the scattered grammar errors misty mentioned (and I later found rereading it).

5. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

I meant that sentence. What is she talking about?

"Makaze, Misty and others caught the other stuff."

6. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

Exactly what Plums said. -_- You caught the quotation mark, Misty caught the thought that wasn't italicized and someone else might've caught some other error.

7. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Oh, I see. I kept reading stuff as staff, every time.

8. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

Dude seriously? XD Well regardless, you caught something that I caught as well in Plums' story. So nice job other editor.

9. Plums Wakanda Forever

C H A O S B U M P

Just here to say this is not something I've forgotten about. School's getting somewhat busy with college apps and midterms coming up, but I am working on something to post hopefully before the end of next week/the month. Also, yesterday marked one year since I wrote this thing???? geez what a loser i am.

10. Plums Wakanda Forever

Chapter Two: on These Pants

Special thanks to GS, Fork and Sumi for proofreading.~

And update at last! Probably going to go for an update once a month so I can learn some things I want to incorporate here, and because school and lazy. :B

Hanging out with Plums again seemed foreign to her. It felt as if she were out of her own body, witnessing the boy drag her paper figure around the forum from some outside environment. It was as if she were watching a film of her life, wrapped in the aisles of an audience wrapped in shadows, indistinguishable. She wanted to be on the inside, to take comfort in the fact he was breathing, moving, living in front of her again. But all she could feel were the burning memories of his blood tattooed on her hands. All she could picture was Plums’ arm outstretched above his corpse, reaching for something he could never hold.

“Cass, you okay?” The girl shook her head, looking at the boy. He smiled, nudging her forward.

“We’re almost at the Introduction Section. See?” Plums raised a finger, pointing over to a nearby sign. Cassie looked over to it, the rainbow of colors sending her eyes all over the place. In the bottom corner, she could see a label that read “聖域”. She raised her eyebrows as Plums began to laugh.

“That was Chev’s doing. Well, typically he writes in Latin, but I guess he wanted to test his hand at Japanese this time around.”

“Well then, what does it say?”

“According to him when he first proposed the change, he said it meant ‘Sanctuary’. Although, we were using an online translator at the time so we aren’t exactly too sure if it’s correct.”

“What did the other staff members say?” Cassie asked, a scowl forming on her face. If the Alpha-me did not oppose this poop, I will be very disappointed with her-myself.

“Most of us were pretty indifferent to it, except Misty.” Plums turned towards the girl, doing an impression of Misty. “‘And then you’ll be wanting to call the SpamZone “Simple and Clean’”. Cassie smiled, both out of glee that this timeline’s Misty retained the same humor and to restrain herself from punching Plums for that impression.

“Anyway, here we are.” Cassie looked around, surrounded by a sea of grassland. In the distance, she could make out small wooden shacks, each looking older than the previous one.

[​IMG]

“Are you...sure this is it?”

“Looks pretty deceiving, right?” The girl gave Plums a puzzled look as he turned to her. “Anyway, do you have the watch?”

“What watch?” Cassie asked. Plums sighed, bonking himself on the head with the back of his hand.
    “You mean the Modules didn’t give it to you when you registered? God damn it, Star told Misty those things were glitchy since the upgrade.” The boy began to ruffle through his pockets. After a few seconds, his hand emerged, a crystal watch draped between his fingers. Cassie could see herself reflected in the crystal body, each contortion of her face staring back at her.

“Fortunately, staff keeps a spare one of these with us whenever we go out.”

“What is it?” Cassie asked, taking if from the boy. It slipped right into place on her wrist, the crystalline body cool against her skin.

“It’s a Permissiary Watch. It lets you post and create new threads in any section of the forum that you’re allowed to. It’s given to everyone when they join the site, although some people haven’t been getting them lately because of a few hiccups in the system every now and again.” Plums dug into his pocket once again, producing a similar watch.

“They’re set to be aligned with the specific member that gets in contact with them. Like, you can’t use my watch to post, and I can’t use yours to post. Oh and also, if there’s ever a mix-up and your watch is lost or given to someone else, you’ll lose the ability to post until you gets yours back. So try to keep it with you at all times.”

“Alright, but...”

“But what?”

“How exactly do I post something?” Cassie pointed to the watch. Plums took her wrist in his hand and pressed the middle of the dial. A mechanic voice rose from the watch.

“WHAT DOST THOU REQUEST TODAY, MADAM ?” Plums put his face near the dial. Cassie cringed as he shouted into the dial, hoping that he didn’t spray his announcements like Forsaken had in her timeline.

“Action: Create thread. Title: Cassin on These Pants!”

“THREAD CONFIRMED. ANALYZING AND CREATING NOW.” A thin blue light flew from the watch to the field on the left. Cassie gasped as it expanded into a rectangular shape, floorboards spreading over the ground. Walls rose from the floorboards, satanic claws reaching to tear apart the heavens. As they approached eight feet in their ascent, green tiles slathered over the wooden fingers, separating them from the sky. The blue light flickered twice before fading, leaving a rustic shack in its wake.

[​IMG]

Cassie groaned, staring at the sign next to the shack. No matter how many times she read the title, she couldn’t help but feel embarrassment creep at the insides of her chest.

“Well, with a title like this, your bound to get quite a few welcomes.” Plums snickered to himself, earning a glare from the girl.

“Anyway, that’s how you post a thread. Pretty easy, right? Oh yeah, and since this is the Intro Section, your thread will be closed after a week or two. When threads get closed, they’re converted back into data and put on the mainframe, which let’s everyone call it up when they want to at their own leisure. And they can always ‘cassin on those pants’ whenever they see fit, hehe.”

Cassie contemplated slapping him when she saw a pink light rise from the ground, electricity sparking within. Plums’ gaze traveled to the light as a person began to form within. What appeared to be a boy stood about 5’7”, a yellow ears with black tips extending from his head. Cassie could see a tail wiggle at his backside. The boy stepped out of the light, sunglasses resting below golden bangs of hair. He cleared his throat, and began to speak, a moderately deep voice springing to life.

“Sup, Plums?”

“Hey Pika. What are you doing out here?”

“Why, I’m here to greet the new member of course. Isn’t it always nice for someone new to be welcomed by someone who can show them the ropes? Get the swing of things? Learn to—”

“Voxli recruitment?” Plums glared. Pika began to laugh, shaking his head with a tut.

“Why, what could you be speaking of Plums? Voxli is doing very well with the activity we have now. Although, now that you mention it...” Pika turned to Cassie, extending a hand to the girl. She took it in hers, wariness beginning to storm within her mind.

“My name is Pika_Power, although I go by P in recent times. I am the ‘Hostess with the Mostess’, if you will, of a quaint little club I run outside of the SpamZone, called Voxli. I was wondering if you would be interested in joining?”

“No thanks, I’d rather get my grounding with the community and su—”

“Ah, but you see, that is what Voxli is for! Those who have been here the longest all know each other very well. At this point, you could say they are a close knit family of sorts. But what of the newer members that lack the seniority and popularity of these veteran members? All newer members should be allowed to have a chance to shine in equal measure to those who have been here quite some time. That is the purpose of Voxli; Many Voices, One Sound. By working together, Voxli goers will be able to create a richer experience for all of KHV. Anyway,” Pika pulled a card from under his sleeve, placing it in Cassie’s hand. “I hope you do join Voxli, and I look forward to seeing you there. Also bring friends if you have any.” Before Cassie could say a word, Pika pressed the dial on his watch.

“Destination: Suggestions Forum.” Electricity sparked around Pika as he disappeared in a flash of pink light. Cassie stared at the spot where the boy once stood, overturning the card in her hand. It was a picture of a Pikachu and the Voxli logo, all oversharpened with P’s catch phrase written in Comic Sans font.

[​IMG]

“Don’t pay him much attention.” Plums sighed, looking into his watch. “He’s always sought to push the limits on things a bit. To be honest, Voxli is pretty fun, but there’s just sometimes when the trolls get too carried away.”

“It’s fine. I wasn’t going to join anyway. I have some er, pressing business to take care of.” Plums started to speak as another light burst from the ground. A tall girl stood within it, rose petals swirling around the light, red atop of red. She wore a large bow on top of her head, hair resting in a neat pony tail. She wore a red sweater dress with black tights beneath it.

“Pluuuuuuuuums.”

“Jaaaaaaaaayn.” The girl skipped over to Plums, poking him in the shoulder. “Just came to remind you that Misty wants the Sectional and Super Mods to meet over at the Staff HQ.”

“Wait, what? But I thought the meeting was in another hour!”

“Stardust and Clawtooth are busy then. They’re rehearsing for a musical they want to do. Although we all know they’re probably up to something else, kukuku.” Plums began to laugh as Jayn noticed Cassie in the background. Cassie had seen the girl about in her own timeline. She always seemed pretty shy, never really posting too much outside of the RP Arena.

“Hi. My name’s Jayn.”

“Oh hey, I’m . Though you can just call me Cassie for short.” Jayn smiled at her, then leaned over towards Plums’ ear.

“She looks a lot like Misty. I mean, scarily like Misty. They even have the same name!”

“Eh, it’s probably just a coincidence. I mean, how many members do we have now? 60,000? It would be weird if there weren’t a few look alikes here and there. But I guess we can talk about this at the staff meeting.”

“Whatever you say...” Cassie raised an eyebrow at the pair, fearing the worse when a strong blue light flashed before her. Water crept at her feet as a girl her height appeared from within. She had shorter hair, but she could recognize the awkward smile from anywhere.

“What’s taking you two poopheads so long to get there? We’ve just about started.” Misty said, staring at Plums and Jayn with a hand on her hip.

“Oh, well I was showing this new member arou—OOF” Plums felt daggers in his back as Cassie hid behind him, her breath as heavy as the water in her shoes.

“Don't tell me Ploohems has a girlfriend!” Misty laughed.

“At least I can get one.”

“Implying I’m a lesbian.”

“I would believe you weren’t a lesbian if you did not want to get in Natalie Portman’s pants.”

“That is a fem!crush, first of all, and just show the new member to, I don’t know, the KH section or something. And bring your poopface to the meeting when you’re done.” Plums stuck out his tongue at the girl, turning his back on the staff pair. Cassie hung on to his shirt, walking closely behind him. Jayn began to laugh as Misty let out a sigh.

“That was kind of adorable.”

“The girl hanging onto Plums? It was all kinds of adorable. Though,I never got her name. It would be very excellent to hold over him the next time he wants to make a Chev/Misty joke.”

“Oh, her name was .” Jayn said, fiddling with her hair. Misty’s eyes widened at the name. She had been looking for the girl the entire day. There was no way she could have, should have, just slipped from her fingers like that.

“...Jayn, go on to the meeting. I’m going to go on ahead.”

“Um, alright, I guess. Are you okay, Misty?”

“Yeah, I’m fine, just go.” Misty began to walk away as Jayn transported to the staff section.

“This time, I am not losing her.”

---​

Out of all things in the Alpha Timeline thus far, the one with the most expressive greeting was the giant, smiling head of Sora. Cassie and Plums stood outside of the Kingdom Hearts section, the entrance to which, was a rather large Sora shaped complex. The spikes of his hair were rusted, weathered by the years of rain, snow and anxiety of waiting for KH3.

“This is kind of horrifying, Plums.”

“This was one of P’s old suggestions from 2009. It’s probably Umineko influence, but I’m not sure. Anyway, I have to go now. Big staff meeting and Misty will skin me alive if I don’t show. Hope you enjoyed the tour, and have a great time here!” Plums smiled.

“Yeah, I’ll try. Thanks.” She waved to the boy as he pressed the dial on his watch. A red light enveloped the boy, a pattern of vines circling around him. As he disappeared, Cassie turned her gaze to the sky, her eyes sullen.

“I keep running away. I ran away from Orange, I ran away from the mess I left at my KHV, and even now I’m running. Running from myself.” She inhaled. Alpha Misty is essentially me, right? Then why am I running away from possibly the only person who will believe me? If I don’t meet her today I’m bound to eventually. And I don’t even have time to spare. The DBE will strike, and I must beat it. For Kay’s sake. For Orange’s sake. Cassie exhaled, the thoughts flowing on the breath to become one with the air, the thick exhaust of resolve surrounding every inch of her being.

“Alright...first thing’s first. I have to hack my way into the Staff section.” Cassie spoke into the dial of her watch.

“Execute: Admin Override Screen.” A blue interface erupted from the watch. A holographic keyboard popped open before the girl, flickering in the dying rays of the sun.

“If I am right in my assumption RvR still uses the same password for everything, then it may still work here.” Cassie’s fingers danced across the keyboard, the word “elfenliedtoblackrockshooterbabe7825” appeared on-screen.

“Password accepted. Full KHV Permissions, enabled.” Cassie smirked, the screen and keyboard fading back into the watch. Taking another breath in, Cassie brought the dial in front of her lips.

“Destination: Staff Headquarters.”

11. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Bro... You are so evil... You give one of the biggest cliff hangers ever <_<

I wanna know what happens next so you better hurry up and write XD

Shall be waiting for the next one :D *Hugs Plum*

12. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Ooh, this is really getting exciting now. I can't wait to read more. You're interaction between all the different people is really entertaining and it is really easy to picture it all happening in my head. The way you described everyone works really well and I think you've fit them all very well. Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing what happens next.

13. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Dear me, this is just as good as I remember it to be. Nice job, broski. Everything happened in a timely manner, the pictures were very helpful in illustrating what was going on, and those little things like the watches were nice.

Looking forward to the madness that will be chapter three.

14. Daxa~ #stalker

Ohh my,I have missed reading your wonderful work my dear.
    The drawings included were just lovely,and really added a sense of beauty to the story.
    I am in a poetic mood,so I shall compare your words to the golden sound of sweet music,drifting through my ears and setting my mind alight.

Wonderful work sweetheart,as per usual <3~

15. Misty gimme kiss

story!me = badass that I could never hope to be (I would guess something along those lines for Mark's password, though I already know he's not foolish enough to use the same one for everything)
    V. nice chapter Plums, I think your writing is definitely improving. I would like to see a bit more descriptiveness on your part but I also like to spend eleven paragraphs discussing sunsets so you should probably ignore my input. You have a very firm grasp on characters though, taking qualities of the real people and exaggerating them a bit for fun. You made me giggle and laugh on multiple occasions. The artwork was quite noice as well <3

keep updating biotch

16. Jayn

Glad you updated.

HAH.

And this made me extremely happy, BECAUSE THIS IS HOW WE GREET EACH OTHER HALF OF THE TIME, OMG.

/cries

Anyway, I pretty much just read your stuff for joy, not to give criticism so I haven't much to say other than please update again soon and good job.

17. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

d- .... d-did you just ... ship Startooth??

Get out of my section. Now. I'm firing you from this partnership.

In all seriousness though, I really enjoyed this chapter. I love the whole artifice control type thing, it's a lot better excecuted and far less convoluted than the one in COntinuum is xD.

I can't wait for alpha!Misty and beta!Misty to meet, there's gonna be fireworks.Your description was great, I really enjoyed it, and the way you captured the characters was amazing to me.

All in all, amazing, keep up the good work ^^.

18. Plums Wakanda Forever

Chapter Three: The Lesson

Click the image for BGM~

The air smelled of metal angels. Frigid wings of trees paved way to the mechanical juncture before her eyes. Thick steel podiums lunged for the clouds. Cables wrapped around the podiums, holding to them like a child would its mother’s hand. They stretched into the alabaster walls of the isolated castle beyond the hill, towering above the gorge of trees beneath her feet.

So this is it...†Cassie couldn’t help but to marvel at it. This timeline’s staff section was far different than her own. Whereas the living quarters of the staff of her world were sequestered by ranking, all staff appeared to live here. Cassie sighed as she shimmied downward into the green thicket, leaves tickling her skin from all directions as she made her way to the castle.

She wasn’t sure if it was true, but from seeing how Plums had interacted with Chev, with Jayn and even with Misty, this staff group seemed closer than the staff of her timeline. Whereas the team here seemed to have a strong, central bond, the staff of her timeline was focused on strong, individual bonds. They were like the the trees she brushed past; they all had one singular body, and focused solely on nurturing itself. However, the staff of this world was the forest. Although they were separate bodies, in the end they came together as a singular essence, a massive bond intertwined with much smaller fragments.

“Maybe this is why we failed,†Cassie said, lifting a branch in her path. “We weren’t a team at all. At best all we were was a group of people that were friends with one or two other people, and were tasked with running an entire city. In all honesty, we were just a bunch of poopheads that couldn’t go five minutes without bickering with each other. But this new staff, they seem competent. Even if they do have Pooplier as a Super Mod, hehe.†Cassie giggled to herself, her laugh roaring over the hum of the electricity in the cables above.

“In any case, I hope they don’t end up like we did. Especially with Wolfie, I...†the girl’s voice trailed off as she cycled through the memories of her old world. Even though it was the DBE’s fault that KHV had been ripped apart, that member after member had been slain, Cassie felt responsibility for it all. She was an Admin; it was her job to protect the city, not destroy it. All of her friends were killed by her hands, and Wolfie was made to endure the suffering of the masses. Even if Cassie defeated the DBE and returned to her own world, Wolfie would despise her for everything she had done. It was the cost of moderation; you keep some friends, you lose some friends. It was her job, and yet it stung at her heart.

Cassie let out a sigh, unaware as her foot caught onto a root below her. Without so much of a warning, she could feel gravity almost push her into the ground. She fell with the grace of shadowjak, her jeans ripping with each new shrub in her path. Her body began to spin as she cascaded down the slope of the forest, nature pushing into her skin like needles. Cassie wondered when the cycle would end when her face hit the ground at last. Pain swelled in her muscles as she lifted herself up, her eyes meeting the brick wall of the castle.

“I wonder if Alpha-me is this clumsy,†she said, grunting as she brushed off her (small) butt. There was a doorway a few feet to her right. Lumbering in front of it, Cassie could see a long trail of red carpet flow into the depths of the castle. With an intake of breath, she walked forward into the abyss.

It felt as though she had been running for hours. Cassie rounded another corner, her forehead damp with sweat. She had been running through the halls, despairing in her search for the staff. Although she wasn’t sure what she would say to them, or if they’d even believe her, she knew she had to reach them somehow.

At the rate this is going, though... Cassie shook off the thought, focusing on the clap of her feet against the carpet. It was relatively low, easy to ignore or lose sight of. Yet, with each digging of her toes against her shoes, her shoes against the carpet, she could feel the power behind each step. They were their own separate heartbeat, a power source for each burden she lugged on her shoulders. Each step was for the friends of her timeline, even the strangers of this one. Her legs picked up momentum as she closed her eyes, wishing the staff toward her.

She could swear she feel warmth on her skin. She began to open her eyes, prepared to fall atop Misty and greet her with a smile. Instead, she was greeted with the sting of her face burying itself into the large wooden door before her. Cassie toppled backward, falling to the ground once more. Her nose was crying, the crimson tears falling from her nostril in drops. Clutching her nose, she looked up to the door. There was a stained glass picture of some cartoon character -- Markollo Kirijo? It was something to that effect. Cassie rose to her feet, her nose a cherry on her vanilla skin.

“I get the feeling they’re in here.†Cassie raised her free hand, pushing the door open. She gasped as her eyes processed the site. There was nothing out of the ordinary; a large round table sat in the center, surrounded by thirteen bamboo chairs. A plasma screen TV sat propped against the wall on the right, a commercial for that Voxli place playing on the screen. Everything seemed normal. At least, it would have been normal if the staff were there. Cassie began to tap her forehead, walking between the empty seats.

“Alright, time to graph this all out. I arrived in the Staff Section, and am in what looks like the Board Room. This is usually where the staff meets. But none of them are here. Which leads me to the pressing question, where in the hell are these ******canoes?†A loud crash tore Cassie from her thoughts. She turned to the door, the sound of the explosion emanating from beyond the castle.

“It can’t have struck already...Dammit, there’s no time!†Cassie ran from the room, her heartbeat falling into rhythm with her steps. The DBE has finally made its move. This time, it all ends here.

“Come on, move, move, move!†Cassie could hear Chev’s voice rise above the darkened trees. She wove between them, becoming a wind searching for purpose. Has the DBE moved this early? Was she wrong in not telling Plums, Chev, Jayn, and even Misty, when she ran into them?

“No, no, no! I can’t focus on the past, only the now!†Cassie said between heaving breaths. Her face had grown to compliment her nose, the lone cherry blossoming into a cherry orchard. Her muscles seemed to throb against each other. She wanted to take a moment for herself, to lie down and catch her breath. Yet for each breath she took, one of them could be killed, and the DBE would have another cascade of corpses.

“Come on, I said MOVE!†Chevalier yelled once more. Cassie could see light flash straight ahead of her. Ducking behind a tree, she extended her hand out over the grass. Green gave way to brown as the water was drained from the plants, wrapping itself around the girl’s forearm. She peeked her head around the corner, another flash of light erupting across the ground. Jayn fell to the ground, wincing in pain. Cassie’s fingers tightened as she began to rise, ready to face the worst. She was almost away from the tree when she saw Stardust jump into the scene, her violin bow pointed at the fallen girl. Star struck it into the ground next to Jayn’s head, sticking out a hand to the girl.

“Jayn, if this weren’t a simulation, you would be dead right about now.â€

Simulation?

Jayn looked up at Star, her eyes lined with tears. “You’re awful,†she said, allowing Star to help her to her feet. Cassie looked on, gaping, as Chev, Claw and Plums walked toward the trio. All three of them wore a Kingdom Key shaped headset.

“You get all of that, Mark?†Chev said pressing a button on his headset. The sound of static bustled through the air as Mark began to speak.

“Yeah, we’ve got it all. That was better than you did last time, Jayn.†The girl smiled, giving the man her thanks.

“Anyway, your training session is done for the day. Go on back to HQ and rest a bit.†Chev turned to Claw and Plums, the pair of boys staring at the scene uneasy. “You two, however, still have to finish your training session.â€

“Yeah, we know, we know,†Claw said, his face obscured by a long, red scarf. Jayn leaned over to Chev.

“Do you know what he looks like underneath that Scarf Monster costume?â€

“The true appearance of our young Clawtooth has, and always will be a mystery. What lies beneath that scarf of deception? Is it a young boy with skin more fair than a youngest maiden, or is a strapping, handsome man that brings the ladies to his knees with his Scottish seduction? No one knows.†The five staff members laughed, Cassie staring at them as though they had just told her that her family was dead.

“Training? Why are they training...?†She couldn’t wrap her head around it. Could they already know about the DBE?

“Anyway, I’m going to get back now,†Jayn said, the laughter dying down around her. “I need to get some rest for the Chorus later so...yeah.â€

“Alright, Jayn. Just remember to relax a bit. Also, be sure to tell What about this. Since he’s new to our team, he hasn’t had to go through the training yet. Although things have been pretty quiet recently, we still don’t know what could happen, and as a result, all of you will have to learn how to fight in any extreme cases in which you are required to. Or, if you get promoted and get put on bot detail. Better safe than sorry, in any case. Anyway, yeah, it shouldn’t be long before he has to join the rest of us here,†Chev said, patting Jayn on the shoulder. The static noise filled the air once more. This time, a much younger and varied voice spoke, his enthusiasm ringing clear through the clearing.

“Oh yes, I have been made fully aware of my obligations, good sir! I look forward to attending the training sessions with you lot, and do hope that I do not ruin it with my clumsy and overall lacking of any form of ability.â€

“Oh my god, What, hush. You are too cute,†Jayn said, giggling. She raised her right arm, a watch perched against the skin.

“Destination: Staff Headquarters, Media Section.†Jayn disappeared in a flurry of pink light and rose petals. Claw and Plums turned to the Super Mods, nervous smiles stretched across their faces.

“Mmkay then, let us begin. As you both hold the very unique position of sharing all of the same sections, we decided you two would need to perfect your synchronization with one another,†Chev said.

“So then, both of us are fighting you?†Plums said, his index finger extended toward Chev. Star stepped forward, her lips spreading into a sheepish smile.

“You’ll be fighting both of us, broski.†Plums’ and Claw’s mouths dropped. “Like Chev said, since you two share your sections together, teamwork is essential. Plus, you both took sections Chev and I had both previously held, so you can say it’s rather fitting for this to happen, lol.â€

“Now, I know you two are probably nervous about this --â€

“Nah, we’ll be fine.†Claw said, adjusting his scarf with his left hand. “Besides, it’s you and Star. What’s the worst that can happen?†Star and Chev exchanged looks.

“I think both of you underestimate the powers of a Super Moderator.†Chev said, all four of them taking their battle stances.

[​IMG]

Plums ran towards Chev, his fists raised in front of him. Chev raised his hands to his head, closing his eyes. A beam of olive energy burst from the crown of his head, hitting Plums in the chest. Plums fell on one knee, wincing.

“Claw, now!†Claw raised his hands, his eyes closed. He began to wiggle his fingers in the air, as if searching for something only he could see. His index finger began to throb as he opened his eyes.

“Plums, dodge left, now!†Plums heeded the boy’s command, rising to his feet and jumping to the left. A beam of light tore through the ground where Plums had been lying. Star scoffed, her bow pointed at the spot Plums had been a moment ago. Without so much as a breath, Plums’ body tensed as he prepared to charge Star. He only took a step when an olive fist of energy collided with his face. Plums skid backwards, Claw catching him with his hands.

“Clearly, doing this separately isn’t going to cut it,†Plums said, the Super Mod pair advancing upon them. “Any suggestions?â€

“Well, they did say that the key to success, at least for our purposes, is working as one. So maybe it’s time we use that skill.†Plums turned to Claw, gaping.

“But Claw, we haven’t even done it that much.â€

“Plums. That...that sounded somewhat err, sexual, there.â€

“Gah, it’s Cat’s fault. She’s been talking about that Plumtooth crack so often it’s getting stuck in my head.†Plums shook his head. “Anyway, you sure about this, bro?â€

“Not really, but let’s see, bro.†The boys gave each other a fistbump, turning their attention back to Chev and Star. Raising their hands, Plums and Claw closed their eyes. Their hands began to glow in a plum and royal blue color, respectively. They opened their eyes in unison, shouting as if they were completely in synch:

“Fraymotif: Incalzando Forestry!†The ground split open beneath Star and Chev. Roots began to encircle their bodies, climbing up their skin like a parasite. They tore at the roots, ripping them to the ground. Yet more seemed to come, each torn root replaced by five more. Their bodies soon disappeared in the tangle, the roots climbing into the sky. Leaves began to bud from the tips. The boys collapsed to the ground as Cassie stared, marveling at the giant, newly grown tree in the center of the clearing. She was amazed at how strong all of them were. It was if the Alpha timeline granted them extra strength, as if it almost knew that they would need it.

“Do you think that got them?†Plums said, his breaths coming in huffs. Claw almost smiled before fear washed over his eyes.

“I’m going to have to say no,†Claw said, pointing towards the base of the great tree. Purple streams of light split open slits in the bark, the sound of crunching echoing in the air. The entire tree glowed a purple color before exploding in a flash of purple and olive. Bark flew in every direction, the shrapnel smacking into the surrounding wildlife. Plums and Claw gasped as they saw a large olive colored humanoid made of energy, the unmistakable silhouettes of Chevalier and Stardust floating within.

“Did you two really believe you were the only ones with a combo attack?†Chev said, raising a hand. The humanoid avatar raised its own hand, the shadow stretching over Plums and Claw as if they were nothing more than ants. They screamed as the hand came crashing down, threatening to kill them. Cassie’s eyes widened; flicking her wrist, she launched the water forward. She gasped as the hand stopped over the boys’ heads, petting them like dogs.

“You two did well, this time. Just remember not to get too complacent though. Lord knows what would happen if you let your guar-- GYAH!†The water severed the arm, Chev’s avatar fading into light. The Super Mods fell to the ground, their bewilderment matching the Sectional Mods’ before them.

“The hell was that?!†Claw said, turning his gaze towards the rows of forest behind him. Cassie covered her mouth with her hand, her back smashing against the tree. Oh ****, oh ****, **** **** **** ****.

“Mark, did you see--â€

“Yeah, I did Chev,†RvR said, his voice booming over the intercom. “I’m doing a forum wide search. Looks like there’s an intruder in the Staff Section, and they’re ri--†The four staff members turned as Cassie scrambled deeper into the forest, abandoning any and all efforts to keep her movements silent.

“Claw, Plums, you go back and meet up with everyone else. Star and I will pursuit.†The boys nodded, the Super Mod pair disappearing into the thicket.

Misty yawned as the door to the Media section opened. Typically, she would be asleep around this time, but she felt some sort of obligation to do some work today after spending the training sessions napping. Her eyes rested on the group of staff huddled at the table before her, their eyes glued to the assortment of screens on the computer console in front.

“What’s up, cool cats?â€

“There’s been an intruder,†Plums said, the words spilling from his lips.

“What?â€

“Star and Chev are in pursuit now,†RvR said, looking to the girl.

“Do you know who it is? I wouldn’t put it past P to try something like this.†Misty’s gaze met RvR’s. The man sighed, turning his attention to the console once more.

“Yeah. It’s that girl I was talking to you about eer today. It’s .†Misty could see Plums’ eyes widen as anger boiled within her.

“Where was she last seen? Do you know her current whereabouts?â€

“Tracker places her somewhere near the outer reaches. You aren’t thinking of going after her, are you?†Misty tuned out the man as she brought her watch to her lips. The relaxed room was replaced by the sound of trees rustling in the wind. Misty looked around the area, searching for the quickest path to the outer edges. Finding a clear path, the girl began to run forward, her eyes squinting.

“This time, you’re mine.â€

19. Sumi suicidé

dohohohoho-- /murdered

Huzzah new chapter! :v That first paragraph. You already know I like it pff. The fighting scene was pretty well-written as well. The dialogue was well done. Not too much, not too little. Great verbs!! I love how you're adapting everything into a story. Very coherent. :3

20. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Oh god, yes! I just knew that forever shipping Plumtooth would get me somewhere.

Anyway, this is an amazing chapter. The fights, 's fails and the dialogue between staff members is so well written. I am looking forward to your next update in four months