Carcass Carivan

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Aelin, Jun 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG] Tellia nodded as she did her best not to look at all the blood on herself, instead just looking at her brother. She was tired and scared and a little confused. She wasn't really aware of what happened after Orcus took over. She felt a sting in her arm and looked down, only now noticing not all the blood on her was from something else. She looked back to her brother in horror. "Am I going to turn into one of them." She glanced at the corpse with it's throat ripped out before looking away. She didn't know that the wound was not from a crawler, she didn't know that Orcus had done it to her to mess with her brother. As far as she was aware he just helped kill all the walker.
    [​IMG]
    Zelph wasn't answering him, he wasn't even looking at him. Annoyed Hedgrit turned towards the door. "I am gonna patrol out front. When ya feel like sharing what the hell that was, come find me." Slinging his ax over his shoulder he took Iridia with him as he cleared the barn, after what he just saw, he wasn't keen on sticking around.

2. cstar stay away from my waifu

Zelph shook his head and said, "No. The crawlers didn't get you. That's from something else." he didn't exactly want to tell her Orcus made her cut herself theoretically. He looked over at the crawlers and said, "You're gonna be okay now. We took care of these ones. If you wanna rest, it's safe. I promise." he looked over towards where Hedgrit left, he fully intended to tell him... it was just that now he wanted to make sure Tellia wouldn't try overworking herself. He cast a small magic spell to clear off the blood off of their clothes, "We'll clean up."

Iridia sat slightly uncomfortable, trying to process exactly what just happened. But before she could even think about that she said, "I'm sorry. This wouldn't have happened if I wasn't trying to entertain."

3. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG] Tellia nodded but she didn't really want to leave her brother. She would rather cuddle up with him and she would rather him get rest as well, but her head still kind of spun after all that and her arm hurt and she could still taste a bit of blood in her mouth. Looking to where Zelph was resting before, she made her way over and slowly climbed the ladder so that she could lay down out of the way. She could force herself awake a little longer to keep out of the way.

As she got to the top she found Zelph's cloak he had left up there when he was napping, and wrapped herself in it. She could feel her limited magic slowly working to stitch together her skin, so she wasn't worrying about that as she curled up in the hay, laying awake despite the exhaust. She could still hear the whispered laugh of Orcus in the back of her mind and at this time he didn't seem like much of her friend. So from the top she watched her brother silently with drooping eyes, looking for signs of him still not feeling well. She had never wanted to wake him up, that is why she tried to deal with the crawlers herself, but now it just left him with more work.

[​IMG]
    Having not had the time to piece together what happened to him, Hedgrit sort of shrugged. "What are ya going on about now lassie? You surely didn't make that thing appear." He didn't even know what to call Tellia now, or the thing that took her over. Hedgrit did his best to hide the discomfort around it and just put on a strong voice. "We might have to keep moving sooner than planned though." He ran his hand over his beard to realize it felt funny. "What th-" Pulling his hand away he noticed it was covered in glitter and the bear was more braided than normal. "What have ya done lassie?"

4. cstar stay away from my waifu

"Weeeeell. I knocked you out with a sleep spell and Tellia and I... brushed your hair and put it in braids and flowers! That's... the real reason I apologized. Cause we may have been more fortified and prepared had we had... ya know... not knocked out half the group." Iridia replied, embarrassed as she hid herself further into her pocket. Just in time, Zelph seemed to walk out of the barn to where the two were. And his confidence front just fell apart right as he got out there as he took a sharp breath and leaned up against the wall and slid down it saying, "E-everything hurts."

Iridia did her best to try and get her wings going as she tried to fly back inside to try and grab a water bottle or something for Zelph. The half-elf looked over at Hedgrit and said,
    "Look.. I don't exactly know what that thing is. I just know it's name: Orcus. I don't know if Tellia knows... I don't say it around her..." he closed his eyes a bit for a moment and said, "I don't know everything it feeds on, but it seems to love blood... and it wants to take over Tellia completely..." his head drooped down a bit as his hair hid it's face, "It's why I try to propitiate it... try..." his voice cracked a bit as he said the second try. Then he started coughing a little.

5. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    To say Hedgrit was angry was a bit of an understatement. They had magically put him to sleep and put them all in danger, but Iridia seemed to know it herself and him raising his voice wouldn't help any. Still he was rather annoyed by the whole concept of everything that happened. "You should know-" But Zelph was coming out and it wasn't time for a lecture. Zelph looked rough and Hedgrit couldn't bring himself to start yelling, looking at a face like that. "So that is what she calls her friend? That she has been talking to? What happens if he takes control, why hasn't it?" Hedgrit was just trying to assess how much danger that they might be in just being around Tellia of that thing was what lived within her. For now he stopped pacing and sat near Zelph, at the very least, while he had no magic or anything to help the boy, he could make sure that he wasn't alone for a little while.

6. cstar stay away from my waifu

"Yes, that's her friend... and it'll just take over her body completely. Probably will just go and rampage through the world doing whatever it finds as pleasurable entertainment." As soon as Zelph finished, Iridia came flying over with a canteen and she kind of just dropped it on Zelph before fluttering towards Hedgrit. But her wings stopped glowing halfway between them as she fell to the ground. Because of how tiny she was, her thud sounded more like a pebble dropping on the ground.

Zelph quickly got up to try and help Iridia out but before he got up she said,
    "I'm fine!" Zelph stopped and watched Iridia pick herself up and she walked over towards Hedgrit. When she got there she kind of leapt up and started climbing up him using his beard's braids.

Zelph watched Iridia and was a little too out of it to laugh. He started trying to place a minor heal on his arm as he admitted,
    "I think it hasn't because it loves the game..."

7. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Hedgrit shifted uncomfortably "How long before the game gets old and he finds us the new toys." Hedgrit asked eyeing Iridia knowing she couldn't protect them like that from an attack from the inside again. She was weak, Zelph was weak, Tellia was fighting a battle that someone so young couldn't keep fighting.This was a losing fight, he should leave, it would be better if he and Iridia left. He helped Iridia into his pocket to rest, she needed rest, they all did and it was too dangerous. He didn't keep this from reading on his face, he wasn't feeling safe and he wasn't sure what to do. "How far until safety?" Where he didn't have to feel guilty about going separate ways.

8. cstar stay away from my waifu

"We're only about a week away at this rate. Though... I guess we're a day behind now..." Zelph felt more exhausted now than he did before. He looked over to Hedgrit and said, "I know this isn't... ideal. I hope you can at least stick around until we get to safety..." he pulled his hair back so it was in a bit of a ponytail and continued, "I didn't mean to put this kind of burden on you guys... we just... we needed help... I needed help." he didn't like admitting that last part but he knew he was over his head. He hoped the dwarf understood.

Iridia fell asleep pretty much the second she was in Hedgrit's pocket. Though instead of the usual orange, she used red for the second time ever and had a look of pure guilt on her face while she slept.

9. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "A week. I pray that little demon can put off his twisted humour until then. Now go and rest boy before ya make yer self more of a burden." Hedgrit shoo'd Zelph inside. He still wasn't in any shape to travel and this time Hedgrit didn't plan on sleeping at all. He would keep watch for the day, let Iridia take it when she was rested enough, and get enough sleep to continue traveling the following day. As it was there weren't going anywhere fast despite the attack they just had. Tellia seemed out of it upon coming too, and Zelph was barely up and walking around, traveling like this would only be more of a burden and inviting that thing to come back out again, something Hedgrit wanted to avoid at all costs if at all possible.

10. cstar stay away from my waifu

It took a while longer than usual for Iridia to recharge, but when she did, she slowly popped up out of Hedgrit's pocket and yawned and looked over at HHedgrit and said, "I'm up~" she realized his expression was a bit solemn and she tried to refresh herself on what exactly happened before she fell asleep, but then she remembered and looked around and asked, "Are the kids okay?"

11. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "They are both sleeping right now. We need to get ready to go soon though. We can't stay here any longer, we need to get them to safety." So he could leave and take Iridia with him to somewhere safer than with them. That girl with that thing in her, he didn't want to see that again. "We will make sure that we are ready to go when they get up." He didn't know what Iridia thought about all of this, but a small part of him hoped that she agreed with him that they should ditch the kids as soon as they were safe, or else he might possibly feel bad.

12. cstar stay away from my waifu

Iridia was silent for a long moment before asking quietly, "You don't think... you don't think Zelph would feed me to that thing in order to keep his sister at bay... do you?" Iridia flew up quickly out of his pocket and said, "I-I mean I like these kids and all, they're good kids. But I just... I don't know..." Iridia looked over in their direction then looked at Hedgrit, "I'm... not even afraid of Tellia if I'm honest... at least now I know what to expect..." she played with her hands and said, "I'm... scared of what Zelph'll do... I'm a fairy of nature, I find all life worth living but... I feel so much pain and death in that kid, especially during all of that... and I'm already worried about these damn crawlers..."

13. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "I-I don't know. The kid is unpredictable and I wouldn't put it past him to do anything to keep his sister safe, get his sister back from that thing. If we can stay out of the way of that thing it shouldn't be a problem... I hope." Hedgrit mumbled. "But either way I don't like it. We should leave when we can." He encouraged it more. "But tell me more of what this thing you felt from Zelph is. The kid is moody, but feeling death? What does that mean?" Hedgrit pushed. Pain her could see, he watched that happen all the time. He saw the sadness and the pain every time he avoided Tellia's questions but death, now Iridia had him more worried than before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.