Film Captain America: Civil War

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Hayabusa, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Hayabusa Venomous

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

And now I get to anticipate another movie for 7 months. Can I just get a time machine so I can skip the trolling of trailers? All they do is laugh at me, and mock me

3. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

At least we didn't get that whole trailer for a trailer that they love to do.

4. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Woo. Glad to see it's still Cap-centric instead of Avengers 2.5, but holy ****, Black Panther.
    Looks good so far. Real good. Glad to see William Hurt back as Thunderbolt Ross (though it's strange that he's returning to that role in a film without Hulk lol). Though I was thinking the Civil War-igniting event would be Sokovia from AoU -and it does look like they're using Sokovia politically for that purpose- it appears that it's something that Bucky is framed for and then Cap siding with him. ("You're a wanted man." "I don't do that anymore." "Well, the people who think you did are coming.") Real glad that they're not painting either side as right or wrong (though Cap is obviously "more right" as the protagonist) and Iron Man isn't just the bad guy.
    That first poster seems off, though. The way Cap is standing while Iron Man appears to be attacking. Eh.
    Civil War is the "end of the Captain America trilogy that started with The First Avenger" and the last Captain America standalone film that Evans is contracted for, though the actor has said he's willing to extend his contract.

Well, guess I'll add some official info for those who don't want to Google:

Directors: Anthony & Joe Russo
    Screenplay by: Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely

Cast
    • Captain America - Chris Evans
    • Iron Man - Robert Downey, Jr.
    • Black Widow - Scarlett Johansson
    • Winter Soldier - Sebastian Stan
    • Falcon - Anthony Mackie
    • Agent 13 (Sharon Carter) - Emily VanCamp
    • War Machine - Don Cheadle
    • Hawkeye - Jeremy Renner
    • Black Panther (T'Challa) - Chadwick Boseman (described as the ruler of Wakanda who allies with Iron Man. Being used as a fresh set of eyes not embedded with the Avengers. He will be there for a very different reason than the Avengers).
    • Vision - Paul Bettany
    • Scarlet Witch - Elizabeth Olsen
    • Ant-Man - Paul Rudd
    • Crossbones (Brock Rumlow) - Frank Grillo (returning from The Winter Soldier)
    • Helmut Zemo - Daniel Brühl (will -as of right now- not be wearing his mask [wtf, Marvel]. Only loosely connected to the version from the comics)
    • General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross - William Hurt (returning from The Incredible Hulk)
    • Spider-Man - Tom Holland (most likely a cameo, but his character has been said to have his own experience impacted by the Avengers)
    • Martin Freeman has an unspecified role as an agent for the American government (current theories lead to him playing Henry Peter Gyrich who served as a liaison to the Avengers and the government or even Everett Ross who has comic history with Wakanda. My bet is a combination of the two characters). You can actually spot him in the scene where Cap's equipment seems to be confiscated standing next to Agent 13 in the background.
    • Stan Lee will have a cameo

[​IMG]
    My feelings are pretty much summed by this comment
    "Put me down for team 'Robot made of vibrnium with an Infinity Stone in his head who can fly, phase through walls and shoot lasers'"
    [​IMG]

5. Spike H E R O

I'd be disappointed of he didn't. It's kind of his schtick, after all.

6. Ghost King's Apprentice

They also said Scarlet Witch is on Cap's team (which can be assumed) but I'm not sure if they said what side Spider-man would be on but I guess it depends if they're following what happened with him in the comics.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  7. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

If you zoom in, you can see Ant-Man next to Hawkeye.

8. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

i admit, i looked

9. Labrys King's Apprentice

I can't wait for this, so far the Captain America movies have been so wonderful! I think it's far better than any other Marval series.

10. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Did you find it? Because I didn't. Did I fall for the "Look, there's Ant-man" again?

11. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Total Film magazine had this artwork pairing off the two teams' members in combat with some insight on the motivations of a few (nothing new, just what's been said in interviews). Interestingly enough, War Machine is named War Hammer, but I'm sticking to that a magazine error, not a name change.
    [​IMG]

12. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Martin Freeman has been confirmed to be playing Everett Ross, and Gwyneth Paltrow has been confirmed to be returning as Pepper Potts, her last MCU appearance being Iron Man 3.

13. Hayabusa Venomous

14. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training