Can't Sing But Want To?

Discussion in 'Project Casting' started by Vexen<3, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Vexen<3 Merlin's Housekeeper

I want to make you sing beautifully, as an UTAU! I'm looking for brand spanking new UTAU to add to my ever growing collection of lovely voices. You do not have to have any singing talent. All you need to be able to do is sing ONE note repeatedly. You can do that right? Well then you can sing! And it doesn't take much time at all.

I made a thread earlier with some of my UTAU I work with, but I failed to see this section for recruiting~~~ (because I am so obviously BLIND). So now this <3

I'm looking for up to five people who want to be part of the Sumitsukiloid collection of UTAU. Your voice will be featured in covers, original game projects, original audio projects, and promotional items. If Sumitsuki gets compensation for any work(s) your voice appears in, you get a cut, decided by contract, of payment, if desired and if conditions are met.

Requirements ---->
    1. Decent mic. I can clean up some noise and static but try to provide as clean of samples as possible.
    2. An audio recording program such as Audacity.
    3. Between 4-10 minutes of your time for a basic CV bank. It may take many days or weeks of recordings if you want a VCV bank for your UTAU. VCV is NOT required. The maximum time you'll spend recording the basic is probably much less than 10 minutes. It's THAT easy, guys.
    4. Fill out form below.

This IS first come, first serve.

How to sign up ---->(*) Are required fields. Those left blank that need filling will be filled in by me or a Sumitsuki member.
    (*)Name: YOUR name. What you want to be credited as.
    (*)Your Gender: Male/Female
    UTAU Name: You're creating a singing character. Name them. Put last name first, in Japanese tradition.
    UTAU Gender: Male, Female, Undecided, Both?
    UTAU Appearance: What does your character look like?
    UTAU Personality: What does your character act like?
    (*)Long term?: Yes/No. This means that we will collaborate with you FREQUENTLY to update your banks. Which means this will be more than a one recording done deal. You will likely be invited into the actual team itself, to work on producing your UTAU.

--------

For basic recordings I will be giving you (in PM) a complete list of around 120 syllables that you will need to record. You should sing the syllables in a comfortable range for your voice using ONE NOTE for every syllable. That means sing every syllable at the same pitch. If you prefer you can record the entire bank three times - one at normal pitch, one higher, and one lower. This will give your character a more flexible range. Record the bank in the same file, clearly pronouncing each syllable as instructed. You should hold out the syllable from between .5 to 1.5 seconds long each. You can listen to a small sample of someone's file by CLICKING HERE. This is what you'll be doing for around 120 syllables. Simple, no? XD

I will give more specific instructions to those five who make it here first and show interest.

----------------

The end result is that you will have a singing character that sings with your voice. I'll post an example of a song used with the voice of the girl who's example file you just heard~

[video=youtube;VKUHxQ79VMg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKUHxQ79VMg[/video]

2. greater_bloo Gummi Ship Junkie

Cool! I'm really interested in this thing! I'll fill out this form when I get home!

3. Beau Hollow Bastion Committee

This sounds amazing! :'D

Name: Tesori
    UTAU Name: Shinsonu, Kang
    UTAU Gender: Male
    UTAU Appearance: Medium-length blonde hair, gray-blue eyes with a yellow-green ring around the pupil, rather short in height, look of a fourteen year old, skinny but with little to no muscles, teal-tinted glasses.
    UTAU Personality: Very kind to others, doesn't like conflict. Singing is his way of releasing stress, anger, and negative omens in general. He likes to help others, and likes to be an active participator in various activities.
    Long term: Yes

Just a quick question, we're not going to have to mix these vocals into songs ourselves, do we? Because then I won't be able to do this. xD;;

4. Vexen<3 Merlin's Housekeeper

I do all the mixing. Well, my team and myself. We kinda of take turns makin' songs. o3o

I had another person come into the scene, so if you two are serious, I'll take two more. That will bring me up to the five. I'll PM the basics list I use for song making + details to you two ASAP.

Hoping to get some females. We're about a %90 male team over here >_>............

5. greater_bloo Gummi Ship Junkie

Sorry for not replying earlier, took a very long nap lol.
    Anyways here are my details:

Name: Eric (Bloo)
    UTAU Name: Cerix, Isamu
    UTAU Gender: Male
    UTAU Appearance: Grey eyes, Navy Blue hair, around 14-15 years old, not very muscular and short.
    UTAU Personality: A kind shy guy, though at rare times can display incredible courage. He is aware that he is shy and hopes to one day be outgoing. In terms of singing he thinks of it as his first step towards achieving that goal.
    Long term: Yes

And I think that's it heheh. If you want to base the UTAU appearance off an existing character, think a short male version of Nagato Yuki from the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Not much like the actual gender bender version of her though.
    As for recruiting more females I'll ask my fellow voice actress friend if she wants to help!

6. chibiwings Traverse Town Homebody

This is so awesome!

Name: Krissy (xrarelightx)
    Your Gender: Female
    UTAU Name: Zoe
    UTAU Gender: Female
    UTAU Appearance: Shoulder-length wavy red hair with blunt/even bangs, brown eyes, looks to be around 16-18 years old. Zoe is a bit short at only 5 feet, 3 inches.
    UTAU Personality: Friendly and outspoken, Zoe sings to make people happy. She is always willing to stick up for her friends, even if it gets herself into trouble. Speaking of which, she does have a little bit of an attitude. She loves pandas too.
    Long term?: Yes

For hair reference, just look at my profile picture. It's like that, only red. ^-^ And I'm sorry I can't think of a last name for my character. I've been brainstorming a last name for the last hour and it's very late at night. I'll keep trying to come up with one, if a last name is required.
    Thanks, Bloo, for telling me about this. ^-^

7. Vexen<3 Merlin's Housekeeper

Thanks! And sorry.......my computer blew up at me the other day o_O;; and the one I used wouldn't let me on this forum for some ungodly reason. I'll be sending PMs today for sure.

8. chibiwings Traverse Town Homebody

So any update on this? Have you already chosen a cast or not?

9. AGoofyMickey Merlin's Housekeeper

So let me get this straight...Are you offering singing lessons?