Can I do the worldbuilding thing too?

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Laurence_Fox, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Laurence_Fox Chaser

I've been kind of working on a little thing for a little over a year. I'm not sure I've spoken with any of you about it but I think it's interesting enough.

It started as a idea for a multi-fandom role play forum that unfortunately died from a lack of interest. Feel free to read up on it. Most things of note are in the 'Library' section under 'Lore'.

I will say that new ideas have been made since I made that forum. New inspiration and all that. Things have developed a bit more and I feel I could tinker more with a few things were Eden is concerned.

So ask away. And please keep silly questions to a minimum. That's my only request.

2. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

What percentage of soldiers is children?

3. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Is there magic?

Is there dragons?

What conflicts are currently occurring?

What is the general topography like?

What era is it in (Medieval, Renaissance, Modern, Future)?

4. Laurence_Fox Chaser

There really are no active soldiers on Eden. Wars as we know them don't exist. There are squabbles to be sure and militias can be formed to help. Eden is supposed to be paradise but there is a deeper conflict brewing just below the surface. There are rumors that the dragon Fire is raising an army.

1. Yes, there is magic. Mages learn their craft after showing some sort of potential as children. Making fire. Changing water to ice. Mages generally only specialize in one element with prodigies harnessing all of them. Magic is to be found in Eden itself also. Dragons are dripping in it and only get more powerful as they age.

Necromancy also exists but it is widely discouraged outside of Death's Domain of The Nexxramus.

2. Yes, there are dragons. Before the Sleepwalkers started arriving, they were the only sentient life to be found on Eden. The other sentient creatures (Dryads, Centaurs, Satyrs, Fauns, etc.) are creations of the dragon Life.

Dragons are the local deities. But only the 8 members of the Pantheon, their Consorts, and their Heirs. Four dragons control the Seasons in a Quartet. A pair of dragons oversees Knowledge and Emotion.

Some dragons are not so nice. The Dreamer, Oneiroi, is one such beast. But he's been regulated to urban legend status these days. Oneiroi functions as Eden's Bogeyman and none of his victims are believed when he's seen/heard.

3.The major conflict on Eden is between the dragon Death and the rest of the Pantheon. Basically Death went batshit crazy and turned on his peers. However, since they can't actually war on each other or upset the balance, the rest of the Pantheon focused their energies in containing him inside the boundaries of the Nexxramus. A secondary conflict has arisen between the members of the Seasonal Quartet, most notably with Death's Son, Winter and Fire's Son, Summer. [This conflict is where thundersnow comes from by the way.]

4. All sorts of topography exists. Tall mountain ranges, deep ocean trenches. There is a vast ocean where Water makes her home. There are volcanoes and canyons. Deserts and rainforests and grassy plains and savannahs. If you can think of a topographical feature, it's to be found here.

5. The setting is mostly modern-medieval. If that makes any sense. The denizens try to live in harmony with the planet around them rather than trying to fight against it. Cities do exist. Most notably Thunderfalls City which is a city built around waterfalls. The flow of water creates electricity. Other smaller towns and villages use bio luminescent crystals for lighting. The settlement at the base of Smokescreen mountain uses steam power.

5. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

Then what do they do when they're bored?

6. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Name as many dragons as you can and what they rule over/their duties?

How does magic take form?

7. Laurence_Fox Chaser

I know it is hard to believe but the denizens of Eden do not have reason to. The thought of battle has never crossed their minds. They know how to defend themselves if need be but no large scale conflicts exist.

Eden is supposed to be a Paradise. ...Well in terms of Australia where everything's capable of killing you and what isn't cannot be bothered with your pitiful existence.

There are often festivals dedicated to one of the members of the Pantheon and there is a Festival dedicated to each member of the Seasonal Quartet during their respective Season.

Eden also has lacross. It's something of their pastime there. The same way we enjoy football or soccer.

1. Holy **** this might take me awhile...

Earth - soil fertility, earthquakes, mountains, precious metals
    Water - water quality, partial maintenance of the water cycle, tides, waves
    Fire - volcanoes, magma, steam power(as he instructed the lesser beings how to harness it), fire
    Air - air quality, winds, partial maintenance of the water cycle
    Space - magic[ Note: She also controls what we would consider the laws of nature. Gravity and the like. She's more Science but Space fits in with the naming theme.]
    Time - Aging, erosion, past, present, and future. [He's incredibly tight lipped about the future. Some even consider him omni-present. Meaning he's in the past, present, and future.]
    Life - creation and maintenance of life, life cycle in conjunction with Death, Health
    Death - sickness, decay, life cycle in conjunction with Life. [He's not above inflicting a person with a lingering disease because they spited him in some way. Death is a prideful dragon.]
    Oneiroi - Dreams and Nightmares. Though not many people seem to be having pleasant dreams these days.
    Spring - Causes the snow and ice of Winter to melt. Makes the ground ready for planting. Renews her father, Life's creations.
    Summer - brings heat and humidity. Rains to water the crops and plants. Also brings intense storms.
    Autumn - Readies the planet for Winter. Ensures the completion of the growing season with an abundant harvest. Paints the trees with color.
    Winter - brings ice and snow and frigid temperatures. [ At times, he does not allow Spring to come. Leaving Summer to forcibly wrest control from his brother. Eden sometimes goes from Winter to Summer. Winter also creeps into Autumn's season with frost.]
    Lyssa - Madness. Can make an individual go insane from her mere presence. [This goes the same for her husband, Oneiroi. But he prefers a different approach.]
    Knowledge - Maintains all the knowledge of Eden. It's history and traditions.
    Emotion - Maintains a balanced emotional state for the planet and it's denizens.

Note: The Consorts and the Heirs have the same Elemental powers as their Pantheon counterparts to a lesser degree. A failsafe in case the Pantheon member could not perform their tasks. And should a member of the Pantheon be killed, their Heir would step in to take up their mantle.