Bush isn't SOOOO Bad of a President...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Advent, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Great Gatz Chaser

lol W_R you're making it sound like everybody loves Bush. More people support Clinton than they did Bush. And yes they were both in the wrong. But in Bush's situation he was given incorrect information. If you were a leader of a country and you got intelligence that a country had WMDs and were a threat to your country what would you do? I mean Bush even warned Saddam that if he didn't surrender this would happen. He could have avoided this whole thing. And as for Clinton well lets just say that name is made of pure s h i t.

2. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i believe they use ALREADY dead fetuses to study this but i not sure

3. DrMario64 Traverse Town Homebody

LMAO sig'd

4. White_Rook Looser than a wizard's sleeve.

I never accused or directed it at anyone here. My beef is with the logic that supports the war.

@Evil: I was referring to those that are still alive. The mentality is that troops go in and acquire the resources as a result, and I was making an ****ogous criticism of the administration's hypocrisy; Destroying innocent unborn life is bad, but destroying innocent lives is acceptable.

5. The Great Gatz Chaser

I am guilty of this. But one thing we shouldn't do is bad mouth the President of the United States. He probably has the hardest job on Earth. He has the toughest decisions to make. I don't think any of us would enjoy if people picked apar everything we said and criticized us for our mistakes. We're all human we make mistakes. Even rulers are humans. And DW he didn't screw our nation. You should do your homework. He made our nation a safer place to live. Our economy is doing better. Bush really has helped us.

6. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Really? The American dollar was worth more before the war started. At one point, it was worth less than the Canadian dollar.

EDiT: As of now: $1.00CAD ~ $1.04USD.

And I like how being the 'President of the United States' means he has the hardest job on Earth. I'm really not fond of how many Americans spout this idea that everything American-related is somehow the most pivotal situation in the world. Stop being so self-absorbed.

7. White_Rook Looser than a wizard's sleeve.

I'd also like to add that brokers and mutual fund investors are anticipating a sizable decrease in the market come March of 2008, and that's if it doesn't just collapse all together. Mortgages are too high in the states and the number of people that will potentially lose their homes will cause a flux in the market. Not to mention the amount of money being thrown away to sustain the military's occupation and future moevement. This ridiculous spending also happens to be fueling the inflation that has thus resulted in the Canadian dollar not only parring but exceeding the Green back.

8. The Great Gatz Chaser

This is something I found the other day.

"The other day I was reading Newsweek magazine and came across some poll data I found rather hard to believe. It must be true, given the source, right?

The Newsweek poll alleges that 67 percent of Americans are unhappy with the direction the country is headed, and 69 percent of the country is unhappy with the performance of the President. In essence, 2/3's of the citizenry just ain't happy and want a change.

So being the knuckle dragger I am, I started thinking, ''What are we so unhappy about?''
    Is it that we have electricity and running water 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?

Is our unhappiness the result of having air conditioning in the summer and heating in the winter?

Could it be that 95.4 percent of these unhappy folks have a job?

Maybe it is the ability to walk into a grocery store at any time, and see more food in moments than Darfur has seen in the last year?

Maybe it is the ability to drive from the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic Ocean without having to present identification papers as we move through each state?

Or possibly the hundreds of clean and safe motels we would find along the way that can provide temporary shelter?

I guess having thousands of restaurants with varying cuisine from around the world is just not good enough.

Or could it be that when we wreck our car, emergency workers show up and
    provide services to help all, and even send a helicopter to take you to the hospital.

Perhaps you are one of the 70 percent of Americans who own a home. You may be upset with knowing that in the unfortunate case of a fire, a group of trained firefighters will appear in moments and use top notch equipment to extinguish the flames thus saving you, your family and your belongings.

Or if, while at home watching one of your many flat screen TVs, a burglar or prowler intrudes , an officer equipped with a gun and a bullet-proof vest will come to defend you and your family against attack or loss.

This all in the backdrop of a neighborhood free of bombs or militias raping and pillaging the residents. Neighborhoods where 90 percent of teenagers own cell phones and computers.

How about the complete religious, social and political freedoms we enjoy that are the envy of everyone in the world?

Maybe that is what has 67 percent of you folks unhappy.

Fact is, we are the largest group of ungrateful, spoiled brats the world has ever seen. No wonder the world loves the U.S. , yet has a great disdain for its citizens. They see us for what we are. The most blessed people in the world who do nothing but complain about what we don't have , and what we hate about the country instead of thanking the good Lord we live here.

I know, I know. What about the President who took us into war and has no plan to get us out? The President who has a measly 31 percent approval rating? Is this the same President who guided the nation in the dark days after 9/11? The President that cut taxes to bring an economy out of recession? Could this be the same guy who has been called every name in the book for succeeding in keeping all the spoiled ungrateful brats safe from terrorist attacks?

The Commander-In Chief of an all-volunteer army that is out there defending you and me? Did you hear how bad the President is on the news or talk show? Did this news affect you so much, make you so unhappy you couldn't take a look around for yourself and see all the good things and be glad?

Think about it...are you upset at the President because he actually caused you personal pain OR is it because the "Media" told you he was failing to kiss your sorry ungrateful behind every day.

Make no mistake about it. The troops in Iraq and Afghanistan have volunteered to serve, and in many cases may have died for your freedom. There is currently no draft in this country. They didn't have to go.

They are able to refuse to go and end up with either a ''general'' discharge, an ''other than honorable'' discharge or, worst case scenario, a ''dishonorable'' discharge after a few days in the brig.

So why then the flat-out discontentment in the minds of 69 percent of Americans? Say what you want, but I blame it on the media. If it bleeds, it leads; and they specialize in bad news. Everybody will watch a car crash with blood and guts. How many will watch kids selling lemonade at the corner? The media knows this and media outlets are for-profit corporations. They offer what sells , and when criticized, try to defend their actions by "justifying" them in one way or another. Just ask why they tried to allow a murderer like O.J. Simpson to write a book about "how he didn't kill his wife, but if he did he would have done it this way"...Insane!

Stop buying the negativism you are fed everyday by the media. Shut off the TV, burn Newsweek, and use the New York Times for the bottom of your bird cage. Then start being grateful for all we have as a country. There is exponentially more good than bad.

We are among the most blessed people on Earth, and should thank God several times a day, or at least be thankful and appreciative.

"With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, "Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?"

9. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

I'd like to see some evidence for this, as at the moment it seems to be "You can be whatever religion you want, as long as you believe in a God. Atheism and Agnosticism are religions as well. They are badly tolerated (if at all). Religious tolerance? Bah

Yes they didn't have to go, but if they stayed there would be nothing for them. The American Military concentrates on those from disadvantaged backgrounds who are going to find it harder to move up in the world. They go after these people and give them the illusion of choice when really they have none.

All natural disasters, all caused and preventable by God and yet they still happen anyway. Another case would be the family of seven which was wiped out yesterday morning in a house fire. All five children died, the youngest being 9 months the eldest being 13. You tell me that a kind and benevolent God does something like that. But I don't want this to become an argument about religion so meh.

The reason people are so unhappy is not because of what they have but because of how much better it should be. America has many problems you wouldn't expect to see in a 'superpower'. Maybe the people are ungrateful, but people are selfish it's part of being human. The survival instint overrides all, so people will think of themselves first.

Also you say that he has the hardest job in the world, what about all of the other world leaders? Hmm? Or did you forget there was a world out there? Also, Bush doesn't do it all on his own, he does a lot less than you probably think. His advisors tell him things and he acts on it, usually following what they say to the letter.
    Bush has made mistakes, many mistakes, but I am pretty sure he isn't the worst leader that has ever ruled? Please tell me I'm right =/

10. Explode Who?!

A very nice list of rhetorical questions, however these issues have squat to do with "the direction the country is headed" which is what the pole was really about. These statements deal with what we have access to at the present. I don't know the specifics of the pole, but it probably involved issues such as political corruption and economic inflation.

Being grateful for what you have works well in the comfort of your home, but not for a country. We live in a Capitalist society, businesses compete with each other to make a product that people will buy, therefore, our country becomes more advanced. If nobody complained, if there weren't a demand, we wouldn't be able to move forward. You act like we're so great that there's no need for improvement. So you suggest that we've reached "political nirvana" and that there's nothing left to do but sit around soaking up each other's obnoxious rays, thinking about how blessed we are to live in a Utopia? We have every right to advance ourselves, in fact, if we didn't, other countries would surpass us, and eventually take us over.

We've had other Presidents before that dealt with serious issues, it's part of the job, though I suppose it is a bit respectable when it happens. However, there is no point to the war. We were attacked, yes, but instead of just going after the offenders, we decided to wage war on a nation. We've already killed Saddam Hossain (though I still don't know why we were after him), but troops are still occupying Iraq. That can't be justified by merely saying he did something good, the negative jurastically outweighs the positive.

It's true that America focuses too much on the bad things, making it seem as if the world is evil, I respect that you recognized this very much. Still, you don't give Americans enough credit. We don't always think about ourselves, so it doesn't matter if we've suffered personally, we can still feel sympathy for others. I don't think anyone can honestly say that they don't want seniors to have any money. They might not want to pay for it (though I don't know why they'd prefer to pay the government to make weapons), but I still can't see why they would want old people to be bankrupt. I think it's reasonable for them to have social security after living a long life, and this arangement not to be considered "getting your a** kissed."

Bunterx said enough about this already, they target people who have no other option but to enlist.

I talked about this before, I don't think I need to repeat myself.

Right, because leaving God in the Pledge of Allegiance is what America stands for. You said before that this country has freedom of religion, so why is this crap force-fed to us? Because of the "Under God" bulls***, I refuse to say the Pledge of Allegiance. Isn't it kind of sad that the promise to remain faithful to America; a country that supports individuality, subliminally discriminates against all non-christians?

I think I've proven my point.

11. Sara Tea Drinker

I think overall...

We're becoming a religious nation. Believe it or not, look at the line of presidents. All of them were Christian. (I think) There was only one who wasn't and that was JFK. The problem is that the Christian branches in some cases is that they're getting so out of control, look at the Evangelical branch...

Well over 50% of the voters right now are Evangelical. My dad being one. There's rarely seperation of Church and state now.

In any case, we're having people DIE over there. And no, I don't believe they're dying for "the good of the country." You have a mother, father, sister, brother, friend, anyone...

Who dies over there and see how you feel.

Bush is spending a fortune on this war while the economy is falling apart, the dollar is going to be removed by the international market if it keeps on going. Economist: "Fall of the Dollar" for more info. And the banks are even giving up on the dollar.

And Bush just keeps on spending, and spending and spending...

And also, the Bush's, (I live in Maine) they just installed a windmill for their house. After Bush denied oil price cuts for the poor people when oil is over 90 dollars a gallon.

There's something seriously wrong there.

12. Repliku Chaser

Yes, the nation sadly appears to be becoming this religious nation. The 'God' part in the pledge of allegiance wasn't even instated until 1954 because congress, after a campaign by the Knights of Columbus,which then added the words, 'under God,' to the Pledge. The Pledge then became a public prayer as well as support of allegiance to the nation. We had been saying the Pledge of Allegiance for years prior and the ironic thing is the original creator of the Pledge left the 'God' part out and was himself a devout Christian. He almost added the word 'equality' to the pledge but because women and slaves were not considered equal, it was left out.

Not all Presidents were Christian but the mainstream lately since JFK has been and has been a defining characteristic of someone getting elected, just as much as it is seemingly important that the person be married.

We have a lot of problems with religion creeping in and what should be a personal belief is definitely working its way in nearly all political agendas anymore. Those who campaign to get rid of things of personal freedoms usually are fundamentalist religious groups to majorly include the televangelist sorts. Bush for a long while listened to Ted Haggard, who had at least 30k people in Colorado at his seminars.

I don't believe Bush intentionally 'lied' to us about WMDs etc because there was reason to suspect them with how bad Saddam was acting and what ploys they were doing on the MZ lines. I just think Bush isn't that bright of a leader and has too many people who are ol' country good ol boys helping him make decisions, let alone they are all connected to the oil industry.

Another thing that got to me is that Bush wants to see more of Hybrid cars and Hydrogen cars, but all in the same breath, if Hydrogen cars are made more available to us, he wants to make stations which use 'gas' to power so that people can fuel up and well...we'd still be using gas. This is not the solution, but it seems no matter what we do, we are apparently supposed to use up the fossil fuels before we are going to be truly able to use other things as we want. There are ways to do things without the power grid or support the power grid, such as with wind and solar power, but they cost so much for ordinary folks to be able to attain them. That is the market though that would make more sense for people to start going to, but these billionaires aren't going to drop oil until there isn't anything left. They have the 'old person' mentality of generations which has put us in the state we are in, where they don't care about the future progeny or generations. We just have to hope in the end, we don't end up as bad as Bush and others in power are now, so that the people of our generations that get instilled will have a desire to look to the future as well as present day. This country has really fallen and I just am hoping we can get back on our feet and do what we should. Both Bush and Clinton helped in this.

For those who say Clinton was so great, let's not forget how he was paid off very well by the Chinese for his run for presidency again and now there are a lot of corporations there that took away considerable jobs here. Also, those corps don't have to watch green rules as effectively and China now is worse than the U.S. for pollution and all. So it's a question in the end if China is actually doing better or worse in some ways. The people there can also be hired cheaply and not make what they are worth. Clinton also bombed Iraq and the order hit all civilian targets, and he did a number of other things. In the end, both Clinton and Bush and mainly their administrations are the cause for the state of things today, not just Bush alone, though he's done a great job of 'helping' *cough* us to get to where we are today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.