Bush isn't SOOOO Bad of a President...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Advent, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Let's face it- without oil, we are royally boned, so there's a good thing he fought for. And though I'm against this war, I'll admit that us backing down would send a green light message for Al-Quaeda. So even though he's made some bad decisions, and that during his terms the economy has dropped noticeably, he's had a few good calls.

2. Donaut Banned

Yeah, but think about it. Would you rather have a person who only screwed a secretary, or a person who screwed our whole nation?

3. Stardust Chaser

I lol'd. XDD

I really have decided not to express my opinion on Bush anymore since I might explode >.>;. But he's probably not the WORST President we've had, and I suppose he has made a few good choices, but in my opinion (here I go...), most of what he's done has been the wrong thing to do, and a few rights won't fix all of his wrongs...He just needs a slight reality check >>;.

4. John Clay Rice Hollow Bastion Committee

I agree. And the "Bush lied" thing even if we haven't found it, he made a mistake and thought it was real. Maybe it's still out there
    I'd rather have a President that is honest with the public and with God and not break 2 of the Ten Commandments. And against killing unborn babies. Jesus is against those things Clinton did and his oponions. I know Clinton is human and made a mistake but so is Bush.

5. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

But how has he screwed our nation? True- he had some bad calls and he isn't the sharpest guy ever, but he has made some crucial decisions for this nation that we really needed. I don't think the situation could be much less terrible for us regardless who was president during 9/11 and so forth.

6. .Kairi. Kingdom Keeper

IMO, Bush has done some good things. But I still dont know what to think of him, cause sometimes he doesnt do anything good...

7. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

That basically summarizes his presidential career. He has had his ups (his integrity and courage in the U.N.) and his downs (wrongly stating the U.S. had won the war in Iraq, and just how the war in general has been going).

8. Inasuma "pumpkin"

1. You posted in the wrong forum. This belongs in debate.

2. He's horrible. The moral and political disposition of President Bush is staggering. If you don't know his history, then please don't call him a good president sheerly on his actions. His grandfather is the one who helped press for WW2, and his intimate ties to the international bankers (whom funded German planes; mainly Rockefeller standard oil) gave WW2 such a long track. Also, our current president ALSO has intimate ties to the bankers. And guess what? He's part of the reason we're fighting this "war". It's not meant to be won, but sustained.

3. Alquaeda(sp?) is not our enemy; while that may be the superficial view, they are not necessarily our 'enemy'. They are merely just the people we'ree 'warring' against.

4. What good calls has he EVER had? If you can give me a good call he made for the entire nation, that was constitutional, I will not bother posting here. lol

9. Mirai King's Apprentice

The 10C's have nothing to do with our government. And besides, the Foudning Fathers broke the FIRST Commandment when they allowed complete religious freedom.

Here's the Ten Commandments:

1) Thou shalt have no other gods before me - I'm pretty sure that no omnibenevolent being would throw someone in a pit of fire all eternity to writhe and scream in the greatest pain just because he has a different opinion.
    2) Thou shalt not make for thyself an idol - Actors and singers. 'Nuff said.
    3) Thou shalt not make wrongful use of the name of thy God - I can guarantee you that most Americans have said "Oh my God."
    4) Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy - yet, Sabbath is NOW on Sunday! Plus, most people work on Sunday.
    5) Honor thy Father and Mother - Unless your father happens to be an alcoholic drunk that beats you.
    6) Thou shalt not murder - Catholics in the Dark Ages must've read this as "Thou shalt not kill, unless the victim happens to worship a different invisible man than you." But, other than that, agreed.
    7) Thou shalt not commit adultery - Agreed.
    8) Thou shalt not steal - Agreed.
    9) Thou shalt not bear false witness - Agred unless it saves the lives of many.
    10) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house - Nnnno. Envy is completely natural.

I don't even WANT to list the ignored rules in Leviticus and Deuteronomy!

BUt, on-topic, he's had his ups and downs... mostly downs.

10. Very Berry Gummi Ship Junkie

yeah good point and he may have done mistakes but with it he brought the country down 2 so it stil makes him bad and a few good things can't rly make up 4 it

11. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

I never called him a good president so much as I called him a not-as-bad-as-he's-cracked-up-to-be president. Though I will concede- you know much more about politics than I do, Darkwatch.

12. Darkandroid Gets it Together

I can not take a president seriously when they can't say big words properly. >_>

He made some stupid choices as did Blair for also joining the war. But Blair ran the UK properly and beyond Iraq did a very good job with the country.

While Bush left the Kyoto agreement all because he loves his oil. And many other things you have all mentioned

13. Inasuma "pumpkin"

Well, I was just taking the assumption you implied he was good (in some ways). I apologize. xD

I just highly dislike Bush... sorry if I kinda jumped there.

14. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

No apology needed- we're all open-minded here.

15. Donaut Banned

Okay, here's my opinion. He took us into a war that was unnecessary. They did what they were supposed to do, so why are they still there? Adding to the fact that he just vetoed a bill, so he's not allowing children life insurance. But he's wanting to add more than 10 billion dollars into the war by the end of January. If that isn't a bad president who is just wanting to keep the fight raging, then I don't know what is. -_-

16. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Unfortunately, staying in the war isn't too bad of a decision (though I really don't like it) in regards to our "reputation" in the eyes of the terrorists. And that bill for free health insurance would cost the tax payers A FORTUNE. And as a middle-class American, taxes are high enough.

17. Spitfire I'm a little high, and a little drunk.

You stated one call, and that was a bad call. Oil sucks I hate it, it ruins society. I don't care how much I rely on it if I could live without I would. People are up in arms about oil and for what killing in the name of a liquid. The U.S. staged a military coup to get oil from chilie back in the day, to get oil that belonged to chilie we over threw teh gov't. There is nothing but death and polution that stems from oil.

And Al-Quaeda can suck it. Once again we gave chemical weapons to go to war with Iran and look where that got us. They turned our weapons on us. Now we can't blame that part on bush I understand, but really the drop in the economy and the rise in unemployment. The billions of dollars spent on a pointless war, I don't think he is good at all.

18. MasterNightmare Gummi Ship Junkie

well, bush said that there would be hydrogen cars on the roads, do you see any? no...basically, all canidates LIE to get presidency..and he chose economy over slowing down global warming... some people...the love of money is the root of all evil....i cannot believe that, losing some economy (already lost some) was more important to him than saving the earth, the ONLY inhabitable planet in the universe... i wanna hit him so hard >.< *tries to stop himself from wanting to* ...eh...but no, a bad president...

19. Donaut Banned

The house of representatives even stated that the health insurance would cost way less than what we're supporting the war for.

20. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

George Bush as I have said before shouldn't have followed in his father's footsteps. He really doesn't seem suited to be president. Presidents are supposed to be charismatic and inspiring, i see him as neither -____-.

His family supported the Bin Laden family, the supposed 'enemy'. They even flew them out of the country >_>. He ran several oil companies that all folded before becoming president (all paid for by his father).

Also, you seem to be assuming that he made all of these decisions on his own. He is not a dictator (although I'm sure he wouldn't mind being one >_>), he is advised as to what decisions to make. He probably rarely makes decisions on his own, and the options he is given are not created by him.

As for the war, although Saddam may have seemed to be a terrible person, he was a pretty good leader really. He stopped the different sides from ripping each other apart and now that he has been removed the country is falling apart and our troops are taking the brunt of it.
    I also think that going in for the oil was just selfish, if they were going to war they could at least have been honest. They might have actually got some support and respect then.

As for dragging the UK into the war............no comment >_>.

His track record on climate change has also been pretty poor. Even if it is not as bad as scientists first predicted something still needed to be done. He showed his opinion on the survival of the Earth when he refused to join the Kyoto protocol
    Sigh, as per usual I know there is more I want to say but cannot think of what it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.