Television Boy Meets World Returns!

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Mike, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Mike Chaser

...It's been something that I've been waiting for since 2000 when the show ended. The questions I've been always asked myself, "What would happen to Cory and Topanga? Would they have kids? Would Mr. Feeny follow them?"

The series is coming back, but this time titled as "Girl Meets World." The story will be the point of view from their 13 year old daughter (Riley). The pilot episode is being filmed as we speak and is set to premiere on Disney channel.

I think this is a great spin off to the series. Michael Jacobs returns as the producer, along with Ben Savage (Cory Matthews) and Danielle Fishel as Topanga.

Ben Savage took the news on Twitter by confirming. "I'm going to be a father! Well, on TV at least. The "Boy Meets World" sequel is officially happening!"

For more information...

2. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Not quite sure how I feel about this. I mean, the main show centered around the idea of following a group of friends as they grow up and come of age. So, the ending of the series where it ended just feels right. Plus, this is going to be on the modern Disney channel, which doesn't show the original episodes anymore, and even when they did, the edited stuff out. Not many of today's youth will understand where this came from. I just have a really bad feeling that they're going to change the whole focus of the show to something that will sell to modern teens, which is basically any other piece of garbage that is currently being sold to modern teens.

However, you say that a lot of the main cast and crew are coming back, so I feel hopeful. With a show like Boy Meets World, and how it had an impact, I would hope that they would want to stay true to what it was and what it could be.

3. Mike Chaser

Additional information.

I'm freaking out! OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Itachilives Gummi Ship Junkie

I use to love BMW (LOL), but spin off shows almost never go well. I can hope though this show is good like Boys Meets World and gets past the first season. It will be some time though they have yet to make the pilot.

5. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

Mmmmmmmm. I'm definitely excited. No more 3 AM showings for me.~

6. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Exciting. Ben Savage was talking about how he really wants Feeny and Shawn back, but he's really hoping that they can throw in Minkus somehow.

7. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Didn't really "love" the show back in the day. I watched it now and then, but it was meh. I still catch an episode every now and then.

But if this new shows gonna be on Disney . . . I can already see myself caring less for it than the old one. Disney, feeding my hate for sitcoms/reality shows since they started producing them . . .

Nonetheless, i'm sure i'll sneek-a-peek at one of the episodes. Could my faith in Disney be restored, or forever lost?

8. NightCrisis Twilight Town Denizen

Was this originally a book because I d like to read the book first instead of seeing the show.

9. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

No. 'Boy Meets World' (and it's upcoming sequel series) are original stories, not adaptations.

10. Rena88 Twilight Town Denizen

Of course, I'm biased due to experiencing "Boy Meets World" from start-to-finish and enjoying it so much while I was growing up. I even binged watched through all the seasons again a couple years ago to feed my nostalgia.

With that stated...my take on "GMW": Don't like how Savage and Fishel seem to be cheesing up their acting. Sure, Cory was a goof, but the humor just seems forced instead of natural (which is obviously done by the newer/younger cast like many Disney sitcoms do nowadays). Though the moment where Cory's lecturing Maya in the school hallway was pretty good. And old or new, I hate hearing laughter after every sentence in a sitcom because even with a live audience, it starts to give the vibe of "laughter track." It does appear the show is going along with the current vibe of Disney live action shows. But I can't make too much of a call on that from just one episode or even the little look ahead at the end. Even "BMW" was pretty rough/kitschy when it first began. Still hoping for some serious life lessons in the future. Not a big fan of the theme song, probably because it sounds like all the other tween sung Disney themes there are. Maybe it'll be worth a watch as a whole, but I'll wait to make a definitive judgement.

Plus...
    Yay, Feeny cameo!