Boston Marathon Explosion

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Meilin Lee, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

There was a similar incident at my school one morning last school year, my last year (senior), except there wasn't any lockdown or anything. Three kids had a gun and were discussing something when another kid overheard them and reported it. It was dealt with swiftly.

The kids arrested involved a freshman, a sophomore, and a junior, I think. I don't really remember, but I know for sure they were each in different high school grades.

2. cstar stay away from my waifu

They have literally locked down almost everything in the Boston area to the point it was advised we don't even leave our homes. This is getting really scary over here.

3. Sara Tea Drinker

I live in Maine and walking home I saw about eight cop cars in ten minutes. That and there's tons of jetplanes are circling my whole town because of the Bush compound being so near. Hell, two days ago a plane flew by so low I saw a silhouette.

I'm sorry about the situation, cstar. I hope everything turns out okay.

UPDATE: He might be in CT, from CNN. A green Honda in 1999. He might have been shot, I don't know. They found the car.

4. Amaury Legendary Hero

Thought I'd mention that the older brother of the two suspects was killed during the shootout with law enforcement.

5. Sara Tea Drinker

I think the second guy was just following his bro. From what the news were commenting, the guy freaked out enough to drive over his dead brother to get away. He probably thought his brother was going to get him out of it and everything would be safe. I feel so bad for him and his family.

6. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

7. 61 No. B

I was watching the news live when it was going on earlier. Seeing the people cheering om the sides of the street after he was taken in was a nice image.

8. Sara Tea Drinker

Thank God...

I do hope we get answers. Knowing the cops right now, they'll shoot him if he twitches. They're on a testosterone and adrenaline high, they won't kill him, though most likely they might. After something like this, especially when cops being shot are involved, people are on a high state. I hope it works out.

I hope they have the suspect with hundreds of guards. The news local and national just told what hospital he's at. That was stupid.

9. cstar stay away from my waifu

Not really being announced loudly because of how excited people were when they captured the suspects. Down in New Bedford they arrested 2 men and a woman for being connected to the Marathon Bombing Manhunt (Source)

edit: a bunch of people are saying that no arrests were made, at the same time a bunch of people are saying there were. So this could be incorrect, but from what I am told it was an arrest.

10. Sara Tea Drinker

There's been rumors flying all over the place since this started. If it was more than these kids, they just gave whoever was the ringleader in this a prime opportunity to kill the kid off without too many questions.

Hence my previous post anger and comment on stupidity. The press SHOULDN'T know that, or be releasing it.

EDIT: Source for the info, FROM A HOSPITAL SPOKESMAN:

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/19/live-blog-police-action-in-boston/?hpt=hp_t1

11. Amaury Legendary Hero

I'm glad there were only four deaths.

I really feel bad for the eight-year-old boy that was killed in it, though. He was only in third grade. He won't get to experience puberty, the rest of elementary, middle school, high school, girlfriends (or boyfriends, if that would have been his style), holidays with his family, etc. It's heartbreaking.

12. Sara Tea Drinker

I just got an e-mail from my godmother thanking me for the phone call I gave her.

It was mostly about what she saw, but I still cried. I know it sounds small and maybe stupid, but I just feel... Very happy she wasn't there at the blast. I just wanted to hear her speak or e-mail me with my own ears/eyes to know she was okay. I thank God she wasn't, even after I called her me and my mom joked half-heartedly that she turns everything into a lecture and that she can nitpick, but I still love her to the bottom of my heart.

This whole thing makes you love and appreciate what you have more than anything else in life and to hold it with both hands. In tragedy, it brings everyone together and makes us stronger. Even strangers helping strangers.

13. The Twin My, what a strange duet

My friend that was running the race sent me a lovely picture this weekend. They did a special five mile run for the remaining runners who didn't get to finish the race, and she ran in it an got her medal. She wore all of her BAA uniform while she ran. I'm so happy for her, it was such a bittersweet photo but he first thing she told me when I got a hold of her after the explosions was how angry she was that "I didn't get to finish the race."

14. Sara Tea Drinker

That's cool she got to finish. I know a lot of people were upset that they still got medals and didn't finish, thinking they didn't deserve it. Oh yeah, I don't have much sympathy for the bro anymore. He partied his brains out before the FBI posted the picture after the bomb went off.

Though I do find it curious he didn't shoot the person who found him. I thought he was in shock, but the fact that he fought the police officers for an hour says otherwise.