Boston Marathon Explosion

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Meilin Lee, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/15/us/boston-marathon-explosions/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Details are still coming in. I really wish not to start pointing fingers at who was behind this until there is concrete evidence, as it's a very touchy issue for me. But still, people were injured and killed. They will be in my prayers.

EDIT 1: Seems as though there was an explosion at the JFK library in Boston as well.

EDIT 2: I'm now hearing that there were two additional bombs that hadn't detonated.

EDIT 3: ok, looks like the JFK Library explosion was just a mechanical fire, not a bomb

EDIT 4: One of the victims killed was 8 years old. This is just sickening

EDIT 5: Over 100 injured?! My God!

2. nasirrich King's Apprentice

I'll end you on the spot so watch your six
    I just hope people find the real truth before its hidden from us and then all these crazy actions will be taken creating more problems is something we don't need. Please stay safe those in Boston I hope those families are safe, and sorry for the loss of those two beautiful lives.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

There were no deaths, just major injuries.

Anyway, my prayers go out to them.

4. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Check the link, two people were indeed killed.

5. libregkd -

6. cstar stay away from my waifu

From what I know, being a Bostonian and waiting for my dad to come home. There were 2 explosions that went off near the finish line. There was an explosion in JFK library, and they found 2 bombs that had not detonated. Indicating that the other 2 were bombs as well, but they cannot confirm that for J.F.K.

They are asking people to stay in their homes, they have closed down a lot of transit, and they cancelled the Bruins game(not that most of us care about that at the moment)

Right now my prayers are with everyone who was at the marathon, and everyone in Boston at this moment.

And I hope my daddy gets home safely <3

7. Amaury Legendary Hero

8. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Prayers to your family Cstar, I hope your dad gets home safely

9. libregkd -

10. Misty gimme kiss

11. Sara Tea Drinker

Having lived in Maine and gone to Boston a lot in my life, it really freaked me out. I was debating on going to Boston today and didn't even remember the marathon was being run until we caught it on the Boston news which I get on my cable. I even e-mailed my brother who didn't know about it letting him know I was okay. I am saddened and horrified that this happened and my prayers go out to the victims and their families.

About a 140 injured and two dead, including an eight year old boy amongst the dead. Some have lost a limb, very sad indeed.

I do admit, I was deeply impressed by the way that it was handled. The enforcement and volunteers showed courage to run in after the first explosion to help people. That and I heard a lot of enforcement afterwards went and donated blood.

12. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i don't get what the motive could've possibly been. it seems like a terrorist attack from Al Queda or something. i wish people would stop posting pictures of the injuries, i saw a picture of someone's leg with very little flesh remaining and saw a bloody bone. i can't believe someone would upload that on the internet for everyone to see.

13. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

14. Sara Tea Drinker

There's warnings coming from the news to not watch because it's graphic and not everyone should watch it. But yeah, I agree.

My mom said that this happens all the time in the Middle East, that's why they do it here to show us what their life is like. Not saying it's right, just putting things into a perspective. 10 people at the least lost limbs, from what I heard, it was a shrapnel bomb from the military that was there. Explosions hurl out nails, tacks, etc that cause agony to anything it hits, usually by a homemade bomb.

I do note it's interesting Al Queda has been quiet about this. Usually they do go on and on if they did cause it. it's most likely a nutcase or another group that is trying to make an impact. The New York marathon is going to be massively paranoid now.

15. cstar stay away from my waifu

Can people please stop talking about who is behind this? Especially when you keep bringing up Al Queda?

Please?

Thank you...

(update: my dad is home safely)

16. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

First of all, thank God your Dad is home safe. Also, I absolutely agree. I stated in my first post that I would rather not point fingers. When we finally have all the evidence we need, then we can talk about it. But for now, we should pray for the victims.

17. Hiro ✩ Guardian

^This, 10000000000000%

It's not right to point fingers without proper evidence. Seriously guys, be considerate of what other people ask.

18. Sara Tea Drinker

Apologies... I didn't mean to start pointing fingers. I'll stop.

I'm glad that your dad got home safely cstar. I know a lot of people aren't going to tonight sadly. And they've been evacuated from homes and hotels.

19. The Twin My, what a strange duet

I'm glad your dad got home safe cstar. My college roommate was running in it this year, her first ever, and thankfully she's safe, but seeing all the posts down my Facebook wall and the news here in China was showing, I honest to God burst out crying. Boston's my backyard, my home. I have this lobster doll I took overseas with me that my best friend also has, and just squeezed the thing to death.

I think I'm going to stay offline for a while...

20. T3F Chaser

So I'll admit I was a little bit delayed in hearing the news, but this is really terrible. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone and I hope you're all safe <3