Book recommendations!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Shuhbooty, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Shuhbooty moon child

I've been going through the forum to see what books I might be able to pick up that I haven't read but there isn't anything new posted, so I understand if this needs to be deleted.

Also, I'm filing out paper work to start volunteering at my public library and I noticed they didn't have ANY book lists/recommendations for kids/YD and I'm also building a list for the children. I get the opportunity to read to kids and depending on the age I can pick the book, so I'm super excited to help out and do something I haven't done since middle school.

I'm looking for books that haven't been popular or on a readers list for the past 4-5 years.

2. Blaine Destiny Islands Resident

Candy- about a high school kid who has the pressure to perform well in his high school football team so he starts taking steroids and it slowly starts consuming and breaking his life.

The Name of the Wind- Probably one of my favorites, if you like Game of thrones then you will love this book. Must buy.

3. Shuhbooty moon child

I think this was the way I wanted to go with my book list for young adults/teens. Books that might affect them in their time of learning themselves, so now I feel good about throwing some of these kinda books in. Thank you. :)

I was only able to read the first book because the area i'm in has a bad time receiving packages. (VERY small town and we use P.O boxes so if it doesn't fit in my box 9/10 they take it back). And my library doesn't have the series- going to see what I can do/donate for the adults also. So excited for these books, thank you Blaine. <3

4. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Beat me to it. The second one is my recommendation.

5. Shuhbooty moon child

Is there anything else you would recommend by chance? Sadly, my library doesn't have this title but they are awesome enough to actually buy it for our library.

6. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

The Magicians by Lev Grossman

7. Shuhbooty moon child

What's this about? is it a fantasy. o: I've never herd fantasy books before or any sci-fi books. I asked facebook yesterday and someone else recommended this.

8. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Fantasy. Better if you know the genre first though.

The Magicians is about a kid who gets drafted to a college... for Magic. Pretty dark, emotionally.

9. Shuhbooty moon child

Yeah I agree. I don't think I can read some serious WILD fantasy stuff but then again i wouldn't know. I'm into dragons and magic mostly so I think I'll give this a try.

10. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

It's geared heavily toward people who read Harry Potter and Narnia growing up.

11. Ghost King's Apprentice

I'm not sure if it's been on any book lists but Steelheart was a good book.

12. Shuhbooty moon child

This doesn't look like a book I would personally read, however I'm gunna read a few chapters of it anyways and see and then put it on the list. Thank you![DOUBLEPOST=1468107982][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I didn't look it up at my library, however I did pick up a series called The Last Apprentice, and it reminded me of your recommendation. (when I don't bring my laptop to the library I always end up needing it and I'm stuck wondering why I do this to myself).