Book Recommendations

Discussion in 'Literature' started by venster, May 28, 2007.

1. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

The sword of Shannara series by Terry brooks. Very similar to lotr but still quite original and absolutely amazing.

2. Roxsew Banned

scott pilgrim vs the world

3. Splodge Twilight Town Denizen

The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien. This book is amazing, Tolkien writing does take a little while to get used to, he takes a whole page to explain a house, but the book is good none the less.

4. Jin うごかないで

I reccomend; The Alex Rider series. It's been a series I've followed since childhood.

Skulduggery pleasant it's like a harry potter novel but darker with a lot more variety the title means a lot more than just the main character as well :)

5. Ghost King's Apprentice

The Arcana Chronicles by Kresley Cole. It's based around the main cards in a Tarot card deck. There are two books out already and the title for the third one was just released. The first book is kinda slow in the first 2 or 4 chapters but it's kind of hard to put down after that. And the second book is really interesting because it goes into the other cards and their identities, and some of the history of some of the past games. Each of which begin with a disaster related to one of the cards.

6. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

The Maximum Ride series by James Paterson. Great series, loved every moment of it!

7. Ghost King's Apprentice

I recommend the Legend series by Marie Lu if you haven't read it already. It's really easy to get into but really hard to put down. All three books are out so there's no wait in between books unless you have to order them. The characters are easily likable and there's a good plot. I had a hard time putting it down and ended up staying up late reading it. It's a dystopian but not really, so if you like those kinds of books read this one (hint hint) Yep, read this series if you can. It's worth it.

8. DukeLawliet Merlin's Housekeeper

Try "The Night Circus". It's a historically set novel with magic, mystery, and the most gorgeous use of tense and perspective that really brings the enchanted circus to life. It's deeply romantic, and always brings a smile to my face.

9. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
    I would highly recommend The Name of the Wind, by Patrick Rothfuss. It's the first book of a (hopefully soon to be completed) trilogy. It's a bit of a different take on the fantasy genre(s). I recently finished reading it for the first time myself, and have started the second book (The Wise Man's Fear), which is also starting off to be a great read.

10. SushiKey Destiny Islands Resident

The Disaster Artist by Greg Sestero and Tom Bissell. This book was recently made into a James Franco movie, and I had heard about the book that way.

It's about the actor Greg Sestero (the writer of the book) and his journey to star in what is described as the worst movie of all time, The Room. I've read the first little bit of it, and Tommy Wiseau (the creator of The Room) is an even weirder guy than I thought he was.

11. Sara Tea Drinker

Ready Player One...

Dear God, 80's and 90's nostalgia everywhere... Suspense... Riddles...

Great book, I couldn't put it down and am hyped for the movie.

12. Fordana Moogle Assistant

At this point, I’m interested in books on self-improvement. If someone is also close to this subject, then I’d recommend:
    The Magic of Thinking Big/David Schwartz
    Spark/John Ratey
    Steve Jobs/Walter Isaacson

13. rogerflash Moogle Assistant

Dan Brown - "Angels and Demons", "The Da Vinci Code"