Book Recommendations

Discussion in 'Literature' started by venster, May 28, 2007.

1. Rax Traverse Town Homebody

me too. Maximum ride and Twilight.

2. Lulus_Moogle Twilight Town Denizen

OK

Maxium Ride
    Uglies trilgey
    LOTR
    Midnighters
    Peeps
    Harry Potter
    Warriors
    Full Metal Alchemist Novels!!! (I know pretty sad isn't it)
    twlight is pretty good I guess *Only girl at school who isn't crazy about it*

3. Stars Light Destiny Islands Resident

1.Twilight ((Not the Worriers one about the cats though that one is good to.)
    2.Maximum Ride
    3.Harry Potter
    4.Eragon
    5.A Great and Terible Beauty
    6.Weel of Time

There are so many more i dont know what to put next.

4. Jade Rhade King's Apprentice

1) Star Wars: Heir to the Empire by Timothy Zahn
    2) Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six (yes, there is a book, not just a game)
    3) Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
    4) Forgotten Realms: Homeland by R.A. Salvatore
    5) The Lord of the Rings and/or The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

I know I'll be editing this as I think of things...

5. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

o.k.
    1. The Lord of the Rings and/or The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
    2. Eragon Stories by Christaphor Paolini
    3. Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling ( there you go Kitty. Scottish = COOL)
    4. Old Kingdom Series (Sabriel, Lirael, Abhorsen) By Garth Nix
    5. Artimis Fowl Series by Eoin Colfer
    6. A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket
    7. The Alex Rider Saga by Anthony Horrowitz
    8. His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman
    9. The Darren Shan Series by Darren Shan
    10. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis (NOT JUST THE LION< THE WITCH AND THW WARDROBE!!!!!!!!!!)

6. Nymph of Destiny Chaser

1) Harry Potter series - well, I'm sure you've heard of this one...it's a fantasy/adventure story that we all know and love...and sometimes hate. XD But I enjoyed it. :)
    2) The Wish - written by Gail Carson Levine, it is a romance/fantasy story, set in a normal school setting, when a girl's wish is granted by a witch (under the pretense of a human) she helped out. Now, she is the most popular girl at school...but there are some complications...which of course, you must find out yourself. xP
    3) Two Princesses of Bamarre - yes, another Gail Carson Levine story, this is a romance/fantasy/adventure story now. It is about two princesses, and when the older one catches a deadly illness, the younger one sets out on an adventure to find the cure for it. It can sound very cliche, but trust me, it's a great, unique story! XD
    4) Ella Enchanted - by Gail Carson Levine (again! lol), it's about a girl who's under a curse (was supposed to be a blessing however...) to obey any order given to her. Consequently, she sets out to try to find the fairy so she can get rid of this...bit of a Cinderella-style, but not at all childish. A great mixture of magic, advneture, and fantasy...and romance of course! XD
    5) A Great and Terrible Beauty series - a wonderful adventure/fantasy story, with a tinge or romance and mystery...

There's a couple of more great books I know...but there's too many, and I'm tired of writing (probably unnecessary) summaries for them. lol But these are some of the best, although not put in numerical order.

7. Jordier0xs0x King's Apprentice

1) Harry Potter- Great book for those who love fantasy about magic and spells.
    2) Wheel Of Time- Even though Its long, and theres 11 books plus 2 extras, Its a VERY good book to read If your Into fantasy and the old ages.
    3) Parvanas Journey- A real life book based in Afghanistan when the war was on. Very exciting and a great adventure anyone would love.

8. Sir Charles of Monocles The Fault in Our Stars

1. Tilight series
    2. amy japanese manga
    3. Gone with the Wind ( just a note: I love books, but this was too boring for my tastes)

9. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

Adventures of Tom Sawyer
    Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
    Of Mice & Magic(History of Golden Age of Animation)

10. O R A N G E C is the heavenly option

between an erupting earth and an exploding sky
    Harry Potter
    A Clockwork Orange (This is a really good book, and not just becuase it has the word orange in the title. XD. It's kind of like 1984 in the way that it portrays a futuristic, depressing, scary society. But it's also like 1984 in the way that it is a classic.)
    Uglies trilogy
    LoTR
    There's more becuase I read tons of books but I just can't think of them all right now.

11. Destined Working for WDW

1. Any Clive Cussler book
    2. Treasure Island
    3. all Star Wars lol

12. Gwen Farewell.

1. The Warriors series
    2. The Name of This Book is Secret (Thats the title.)
    3. Wicked

13. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Reading material recommendations.

Creating this thread as it does not appear to be evident anywhere else from where I have viewed.

To the topic, this is a simple thread where members may recommend to other members very lovely reading material, i.e. any sort of books, comics, large advertisements on billboards in the middle of South Dakota (I hear the McDonalds one provides philosophical inquiries on life). Please provide reasons, if necessary, for your recommendation so it may gain more applicable readers.

14. P Banned

I recommend the visual novel Umineko no Naku Koro ni. I recommend it because it's a book, but with pictures, sounds and epic music. Also, it has every genre except arguably sci-fi. It's for the computer. It means "When the Seagulls Cry" and is best described as a horror/murder mystery/fantasy/romance/mystery/slice of life/crying game. The only thing is lacks is ecchi, but there are plenty of doujins for that.

15. Accalia Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]

I never finished this book but I liked it.

16. LARiA Twilight Town Denizen

Låt den rätte komma in

Let The Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist. My current obsession, most probably bound to languish given time. Smitten with it. At the risk of spoiling anything, I blatantly refuse to delve much into the synopsis. Read it blind, know nothing. Adolescent love story mingled with horror, it is a Swedish novel but an English translation is readily accessible. Also a film, I happened upon the film before the novel; both are splendid, though plots differ, to an extent.

[​IMG]

17. Daydreamer

Interesting premise, but I lost interest as reading.

I have never read the book, but I love the movie Let the Right One In and it's American remake, Let Me In. I watched them both within the same week using Netflix. Both are such good movies, I can't choose between them. I plan on reading the book eventually.

Another novel that made it to the big screen, Perfume: The Story of a Murderer. I haven't read the novel, but it's movie ranks among one of my favorites. I hear it's audiobook version makes for a wonderful audio performance.

18. LARiA Twilight Town Denizen

Haven't yet seen Let Me In, must do as soon as possible. It is good, is it? How does it compare to the Swedish film?

Possibly the results of mild dyslexia, but I misread the title of this thread. It is not Raw material recommendations, apparently...

19. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I would recommend The Percy Jackson series. It's a good read, entertaining, and you can learn more Greek mythology from it than you can from any class

20. Daydreamer

I believe it's one of the best vampire movies. Core plot remains the same, with some elements changed. Especially the ones dealing with the "father," which was a nice surprise. The details of how he came to be with Eli, or Abby in the remake (both can be a boy's name I found) and why. It's not touched on in the Swedish film, but added in the American. I can tell you it's not the same reason why he is with her in the novel. I think it is as good, if not better than the original movie. They are remarkably similar.