Book Club Session #3 - Book Poll [TIEBREAKER]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Plums, Sep 4, 2011.

?

Which book would you like to read

1. Darkly Dreaming Dexter

37.5%
  2. The Hobbit

62.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plums Wakanda Forever

Before I go to bed, since Dexter and Hobbit tied and I forgot to make this:

Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay

Dexter Morgan isn't exactly the kind of man you'd bring home to Mom. Though he's playful and has a wonderfully ironic sense of humor, Dexter's one character flaw (his proclivity for murder) can be off-putting. But at heart Dexter is the perfect gentleman, supportive of his sister, Deb, a Miami cop, and interested only in doing away with people who really deserve his special visit. Dex is quite good-looking but totally indifferent to (and, frankly, a bit puzzled by) the attentions paid to him by women. Despite the fact that he can't stand the sight of blood, he works as a blood-spatter analyst for the Miami police department, a job that allows him to keep tabs on the latest crimes and keep an eye open for his next quarry." "Dexter's well-organized life is suddenly disrupted when a second, much more visible serial killer appears in Miami. Dex is intrigued, even delighted, by the fact that the other killer appears to have a style reminiscent of his own. Yet he can't help but feel that the mysterious new arrival is not merely invading his turf but reaching out to him as well. This new killer seems to be doing more than copying Dexter - he seems to be saying, "Come out and play." Dexter's secret life makes for a lonely existence... even a lovable monster can be intrigued by the prospect of finding a friend.

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

Whisked away from his comfortable hobbit-hole by Gandalf the wizard and a band of dwarves, Bilbo Baggins finds himself caught up in a plot to raid the treasures of Smaug the Magnificent, a large and very dangerous dragon.

2. Daxa~ #stalker

Just thought I might bump this,in case not everyones voted yet :3

And The Hobbit ftw.

3. Plums Wakanda Forever

Thanks Daxa :3

I've been meaning to send out a message about this to everyone, but got distracted by school.
    Will get on that now. o;

4. Plums Wakanda Forever

Well, it has been a week, and it appears that The Hobbit has won.

Gonna make the main thread now. :B
    Consider this poll

L o c k e d

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.