Bonnie McKee

Discussion in 'Music' started by Hyuge ✧, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

So I'm kind of in love with this woman. Most people only know Bonnie McKee from her song 'American Girl' which was popular on the radio summer. It was her big single that put her on the map, but what people don't know; is that she already dominates the Billboard Top 100. Bonnie McKee is a singer / songwriter and before she became famous for her vocals, her career started as the songwriter for a dozen different Pop icons. You should recognize every song in the medley below that she sings. I actually saw this video before American Girl came out and was even more in love with her after she was on the radio. I was glad to see she was starting to get recognition for her work.

2. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

The video isn't available in my country >.< which is sad because I wanted to watch it xD

Oh well, I listened to American Girl because I have never heard of her before and I like her voice. It sounds like one of those songs that you have to listen to a few times to truly love it but she's cool :3

3. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Oof, what a voice. Did she write all the songs in that video? If so that's pretty impressive. Either way she really seems to feel it in her bones.

4. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Yeaup, she wrote every last one.

In 2013 when her song American Girl debuted, eight of the last two years' ( 2011 - 2013 ) number-one singles were all wrote by her. Five of them were Katy Perry song. Below is a list of the songs featured in the video for those that cannot view it. Sorry Enzy.

Hold It Against Me -- Brittney Spears
    Teenage Dream -- Katy Perry
    Dynamite -- Taio Cruz
    Last Friday Night (TGIF) -- Katy Perry
    Part Of Me -- Katy Perry
    C'Mon -- Ke$ha
    California Gurls -- Katy Perry
    Wide Awake -- Katy Perry

[[ Each of them were a No. 1 on the Billboard Top 100 except for Wide Awake, which was No. 2 ]]

5. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Wow, this really brings a different perspective to things. I don't know if it's depressing or uplifting that so many hits actually come from one person. Either way, girl's got talent.