Bomb Threat

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by keyblademaster_wannabe+, Feb 9, 2010.

1. keyblademaster_wannabe+ Traverse Town Homebody

Well there was a huge bomb threat at my school a few months ago. And while this was going on i thought to myself, why do people call in for a bomb threat? I mean, is all this just so they can get "attention"? And why will they go that far to get attention? It's going to ruin their future :(

Please share your opinions on this! (like i just did)

2. The Twin My, what a strange duet

In my experience, the last three times there was a bomb threat at my college, it was when midterm or final exams were just starting, so it lead many of us to believe somebody didn't want to take their exams (or didn't study).

3. mokeyman q Traverse Town Homebody

Well, IMO, bomb threat people are terrorists. If they call in a threat, people are scared, and I believe that is the goal. If they were trying to kill someone, they would let the bomb go undiscovered until it explodes.

4. Clear_so_you_can't_See Traverse Town Homebody

In my school this kid had planned a Columbine style attack, yeah pretty scary. He according to the police had weapons stored in his bedroom. Our school was apparently on the national news! A little over-kill on my opinion, but the kid who had planned the attack had A LOT of social issues(He was bullied a lot and stuff). I guess each attack has a different kind of motivation behind it. But I'm pretty sure very few bomb threats and such are solely for the sake of attention.

5. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i don't think it's for attention because no one would actually know it was them. and if they were dumb enough to let people know it was them who made the threat then i'm almost positive that they are going to get in ALOT of trouble. i do think that most bomb threats for schools are either done as a prank or as a way to cancel school. because if someone really wanted to blow up the place, giving the school an advance notice probably isn't the best way to go about it.

6. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

2 years ago my school got a bomb threat from our rival school. Of course everyone took it seriously or to scare us so the rival school can call us wussies and other ****. I just got a day off from school from that, so I was fine xD

7. Vladimir Makarov Gummi Ship Junkie

Well, for 3 years in a row, my school has recieved a bomb threat at least once a year. It is usually written in the bathroom on the wall. It ALWAYS says,

"Bomb at 3pm"

So, in my opinion, bomb threats like that are just a way to give some sick-minded kid the satisfaction in knowing he/she scared someone.

8. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

Bomb threats. School shootings. Arson. Whatever the case is, all theses things show a similar underlying trend of low self-esteem or social rejection (Sometimes one caused by the other), etc. Not all incidents are because of lack of attention. Some do enjoy getting their kicks out of scaring the **** out of people, but others usually have problems, either at home, school or work. Problems they can't deal with. Personally, I see bomb threats as way that someone deals with something, the same way that some people deal with problems by cutting themselves or doing drugs, not to say that I condone such activities.

However, some people may make good with their bomb threat and actually constuct an explosive and execute a small scale explosion, thus harming and killing innocent people who were completely unaware of the pain and suffering the bomber was apparently going through.

Either way, school-yard terrorism (Because that is what it is, even though it's a damn explosive) is totally unacceptable and people who make threats such as these should either find someone they can talk to, or even just have them listen, or see a shrink because wanting to kill hundreds of students, your peers, friends and sometimes family, is just messed up.

9. Mr. Pumpkin Hollow Bastion Committee

I've never had a real bomb thread here on my school in the Netherlands, but we had a shooting two years ago.
    I think people who do that sort of things are people who want to get attention, but also some of them just can't put their emotions to feelings.
    They really need help before they do something stupid, for example by putting so called 'trust persons' on schools. 'Trust persons' help students with there problems which they can't talk about with there parents or friends.
    You can never stop them completely, there is always a sick mind among them that's just crazy (yes, I've seen it happen with 15,16 and 17 year old students).
    I'm surprised there are so much bomb threats in the US and where ever you guys are from.

10. The Twin My, what a strange duet

They usually do (like what I mentioned in my post). They just don't want to.

Sometimes the threats really aren't, like the whole bomb threat in Boston after the Mooninites were placed all over the city as an ad campaign. The things looked like Lite Brites, but because of how they were placed many people thought they were bombs, which was probably not the creators' intent.