Bloopers?

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by jackdaniel0, Nov 25, 2011.

1. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

I know this is really weird, but...What do you guys think of having "outtakes" in roleplay? I always liked outtakes so....yeah XD

2. Jayn

Can you provide an example of what that'd look like? xD

3. Accalia Gummi Ship Junkie

What would this look like?

4. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

Um...Like a movie. At one point where we roleplay something, we can make an outtake of it....Like this:
    -ice skates around-
    Blooper:-ice skates around and slips- "Ow..."
    Something like that XDD

5. Accalia Gummi Ship Junkie

Oh okay. Sounds fun.

6. Jayn

Ah, well no. I've never really done anything like you're describing.
    Sometimes I joke around in my posts, or write something in that shouldn't be there just for giggles at times. But otherwise, no.
    I mean, it looks fun I guess. Depending on what style of role playing you do, but I personally don't think I'd ever really make that a regular thing. I would be annoyed if people did it too much in my own role plays.

7. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Accidental ones usually happen when someone didn't understand a previous post exactly. I'll often see someone react to something only to find out their post doesn't work with what really happened.
    My personal favorite is when somebody is in a lot of RPs and they get their character names mixed up xD
    I've actually called someone else's character by another character they played in another RP.

I used to joke around a lot with my posts. I would type a bullcrap post as serious as I could, then I would admit I'm just lying and do a real post. I remember once where someone else and I would have our characters start out to do yaoi, then stop halfway through and get on with the story lol

8. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

Eh, I don't know how that would work without it seeming forced. Usually the best kinds of bloopers are the ones that are unintentional, like in movies when an actor flubs a line. Admittedly, some really funny ones come from when actors are messing during/between takes, but they're the kind that happen in the heat of the moment, and aren't planned.

Writing a blooper makes it mostly premeditated, taking the carpe diem feeling out of them, making them seemed forced, and as a result, less funny. So personally I don't see it working very well. Nice idea, though.

9. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
    Yeah. I don't think that bloopers are really all too achievable when you're in a text based setting. If we were all going LARPING it would be different. But this is text-based RPing, and it's hard to actually compile a series of things that went wrong and were thus humorous as a result. Maybe if people saved up their RPing goofs or something and compiled them all on a thread of "errors, mistakes etc." Or even, more generalized, have a thread of embarrassing RP moments we've all had. But other than that, I don't see how it would work.