Black Coats: Volume 1

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Krowley, Feb 15, 2017.

1. CrownMoksha Decimo

All this waiting around was starting to bug Vallus. It wouldn't be as bad if there was at least something for him to do while he was waiting as opposed to standing around and waiting. Not exactly his favorite way of passing the time. Despite this Vallus continued to be silent while tapping his finger away on his arm. The finger tapping died down around when he heard the sounds of footsteps, finally they would be able to make some progress. "Figures that the grandpa would take his time." He briefly looked in the direction of the newcomer before turning his attention back to Lea. As it stood right now he had little reason to think of her as anything beyond another misfit.

2. Krowley Moderator

Lea was beginning to grow some discomfort that everyone continued to call him 'gramps.' He was barely fifty years old, but the way he saw himself, he was more of an experienced veteran. At least that's what he kept telling himself.

"Well since these introductions seem to be getting no where fast, I'll help quicken things up a bit..." He found a nice flat wall and managed to lean against it as e quickly took a room tally. "You seven are the beginning of what I like to refer to as a salvaging task force. More specifically; help rally any lost souls in the realm of darkness and give them a second chance. Whether you're aware of it or not, the realm of light isn't doing too hot right now. Timelines are outta whack, and some our best lines of defense have been scattered." He saw that his words didn't seem to be connecting much with the youth in front of him. "Basically it's like this; The worlds need people of light to save them. You guys.... are not those people. But that's not a bad thing. Heroes of light have limits. Codes. Moral high ground. But I found and gathered you all here because you can still follow those qualities without a moral high ground. Y'know? The ones not afraid to get their hands dirty." He showed them his gloved hands for visual reference. "To be honest, I did a lot in my past I'm not proud of. But thanks to some selfless kids I managed to help turn things around. I'm offering you the same deal. That while this isn't your responsibility... And you have no obligation to it... I'm giving you an option to help form a resistance. Fight darkness with darkness, and find anyone else we can to join the cause. Best way I can simplify it, is that We are here to help anyone trapped in the realm of darkness."

He stood from the wall and looked around. "You all have strengths and weaknesses. Now people will either accept those strengths or exploit those weaknesses. Either way... You shoud never let your guard down in the realm of darkness. Darkness itself could sneak up into your heart like that," Lea gave a quick snap of his fingers. "So if you choose to stand and fight, you have more people to depend on... There are those who go through the realm of darkness and back, unscathed. And then there are those who must dawn the Black Coat... The coats you wear mean more than just warding off the darkness. It's a marker. To show that instead of running from the darkness, you faced it." After such a long attempt at a speech he took a pause. "So what's it gonna be? Run, or stand?"

3. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Kiara eyed all the people in front of her, most choosing to ignore her. One acknowledged her, then waved her off like it was nothing, while the other asked her name. At first Kiara was slightly surprised that anyone would care, but eventually she settled in a bit more and responded, her voice cold as she spoke. "Kar-Kiara." She informed the girl before turning back to Lea who had brought her there. He decided to speak up again himself and to Kiara it felt more like a ramble than a speech. He had only gotten about half way though it before Kiara decided to interrupt him. "So you want us to do the dirty work while Beuce and all those other keyblade wielding idiots get the glory?" She clarified, sounding bitter about the entire thing. She clenched her fists tight trying to hold back the new found fire as she spoke.

As Lea finished his speech, Kiara then gave in to a more proper response on what she would do about things. She might not have been happy about her role, but she wasn't going to continue running either.
    "It is ironic, by taking a stand, I am still running. But you know I can only afford to run from one thing at a time, and my father has that spot filled, so I suppose that leaves me with one option." She replied leaning against the nearest wall, surveying the group. She had a feeling she knew how everyone else would respond, after all they were already there, but it would still be interesting to hear their motives if they cared to share.

4. CrownMoksha Decimo

Code, Moral High grounds, both were things that Vallus had some familiarity with and a small form of dislike towards them. Having them was all fine and dandy, but there were times they just got in the way of what needed to be done and in turn potentially lead to nothing but regret from those who failed to act because of those morals holding them back. This role was one that suited him much better. At the end of Lea's speech the first person to speak was the newcomer, Kiara. Her response was along what he would expect since it would've been a waste of time if the newbie that they were waiting for had been the first to opt out of this role.

"I swore an oath on my sword that I would never run away or let anything get in my way again and I intend to keep it."

5. Skyheart Joker

Aeira needed very little convincing as to getting them to do what had to be done. She leaned back where she was standing, simply listening to what it was Lea saying about what their duty and mission was. The green haired girl didn't really care much for the objective of aiding those in the light who wielded the legendary keyblades, nor was she particularly worried about the people trapped in the realm of darkness. The idea of being outside of rules and morality wasn't something that Aeira gave much care to either, though with that thought process it likely helped. Simply put, Aeira only really cared as this was a place they could fight. A place they would grow. A place they could get stronger. And in doing so, fight their fate. Looking at Lea, a look that was serious and determined, the girl began. "Glory ain't really my thing. anyway. So you can count me in."

The green haired girl then turned her attention over to the newcomer. There was something about the girl, Karkiara, that just bothered Aeira on a somewhat unexplainable, instinctual level. As such a slight irritation was briefly present across their face before it faded away. Looking at them dead on, they just pointed to themselves and said,
    "Aeira."

6. cstar stay away from my waifu

Melus listened intently to what Lea had to say about the scenario. She pondered it for a bit while others said their piece and she was... interested in learning more about these people. Granted, she hoped not so much in monologues but she wanted to get to know them more. When there was a gap in place for her to speak, Melus smiled and shrugged saying, "Eh, where's there to run to even if I wanted to? I'd rather spend my time helping those I can than running like a coward." Melus stood up from her spot she was sitting and hugged her harp closer to her and said, "Just tell us what you need us to do, Ol' Man, and we'll probably all follow." she felt fairly confident about that, I mean, everyone who was there so far seemed pretty determined to go all in for a fight, whether they vocalized that or not. Melus was ready to help in whatever way she could regardless.

7. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Holding a heart shaped key and heart lock charm necklace, the young man looked behind him in the distance. "
    We'll have to wait just a bit longer.....my dearly beloved." He closed his eyes as he gripped the necklace close to his heart. He turned his head forward as he began walking. After sometime he came across a small group of people gathered together. He took a deep breath before walking up to the group. "Forgive my tardiness, I had some small matter to tend to." The young man listened as Lea began to explain the reason why they were all gathered together. Their purpose was to help anyone who had been trapped in the realm of darkness. He listened as everyone began to introduce themselves. When his turn arrived, the young man cleared his throat before opening his mouth. "It's a pleasure to meet you all. I'm Koa. Koa Salavic. Pleased to make your acquaintance." Koa bowed toward the others before rising once more. "If there's something I can do to help bring people peace and safety, I'll gladly do it." Koa pushed up his glasses with two fingers before going silent to allow others to speak.

8. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]
    Luther chuckled at this man's speech. They'd been assembled here to play the background role. One that was just as important as those in the spotlight, but were never seen for it. It might be able to rid him of this godforsaken boredom. Besides, he'd never been afraid to get his hands dirty before, and he wasn't about to start now. In a fight, you only had one goal, and that was to kill your opponent. If you died because you were unwilling to let go of some kind of sense of honor you had, then people might remember you well. Though, he'd much prefer the second option. Letting go of that and walking away to remember it yourself. "If things are really in such a shoddy state as you say, then I suppose we don't really have much choice but to help. If we don't, it'll reach us eventually anyway." He said with a slight nonchalance in his voice. "Besides, it might be interesting to find out what the people who made it this bad are like."

9. Krowley Moderator

Lea smiled as everyone seemed to be mostly on board with the situation.
    "Okay, noe that we've all had a chance to think some things through, I can get down to business" He reached into his pocket. "This is a key finder... It tracks down any keyblader within a 10 kilometer radius. Don't ask me how it works, but it involved with something to do with experimenting on a heartless and why they hunt the keyblade and... I just didn't ask questions when this this was being made." He showed the locator to the seven in the room. Now as you can see, we can see two places in opposite directions from where we are. Now here's the funny thing... There are two keyblade wielders in each spot." Two blinking yellow lights could be seen on the green screen. "So my plan is as follows. Depending if they are friend or foe, we divide into two teams of four." He gave the locator to Kiara. "Now seeing as Kari- I mean.. Kiara has been at this the longest, she'll be leading the second group while I lead the first. Judging by everyone's elemental and battle experience, I divided the teams to match your ability to work in a team."

He pointed to a spot on the radar. "Kiara and her team of Luther, Arctus and Melus will follow the south path, while Aeira, Vallus and Koa will follow me to the northern point. Thankfully I know where this place is so Kiara will keep track of the key finder until we find out just who these mystery folks are." He patted Kiara on the shoulder and whispered quietly in her ear. "You're gonna do fine."
    "Okay, we move out in five! If you find they are hostile, do NOT engage! This is a recon mission. If they're friend, bring them back to base. Eveyone report back within 2 hours!" He nodded with an assertive grin. "Let's move out!"

10. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Arctus kept quiet for what seemed like months as he observed the others. Normally he would have been fine just speaking up but at the time he had nothing to say, nothing to add. Not even a witty remark. So he kept his mouth shut and waited in the back, keeping his hood up not out of some sense of secrecy but because it was comfy. Comfy hood. ...Seriously, who made these anyway? He could hardly see Lea sitting down stitching these things together. And why did they only come in black? Why not a nice shade of gray? Blue? Maybe add some accents to them so they didn't all look the same. In fact, he had just the thing to-

And then his name was called out in a string alongside some others, one of them being the girl who was quite so obviously hiding the fact that her name was not "Kiara". Kari? Kariette? No, that sounded stupid. It didn't really matter now. If she wanted to play that game then so be it. In any case, he was ready to move out now.

"Ready whenever you all are."

11. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    More introductions, more people walking in as they spoke. Two more names Kiara learned, then forgot a moment later. Two more faces for her to pretend to care about. Those who weren't introducing themselves were agreeing to the ridiculous task ahead of them, and while Kiara had already agreed to it herself, she couldn't help but roll her eyes a little at the entire concept. It was too late for anything to change now however, as the agreement had been made and Lea started to talk about their first task that still lay ahead of them.

The locator seemed like a weird concept, and she didn't want to even think about the kinds of experiments preformed to even come up with such a concept. While she didn't care for the heartless it still made her wonder a little bit. Kiara didn't have too much time to dwell on it however before Lea kept explaining the situation to them. Out of all things wrong with this world, all the people to find, they were to look for keyblade wielders. Kiara had been one, and been around them long enough to know that they could take care of themselves, so the concept seemed like a waste to her. That being said if they were not on their side, then it would be helpful to know just who was out there. Unfortunately for Kiara and her untamed anger, they weren't allowed to fight them if they were not on their side.

Kiara did her best to hide the shock as Lea declared her a leader of one of the teams. As far as she was concerned, the people she traveled with for ages barely liked her, much less complete strangers. On top of that, she didn't know how to lead. Her mind rushed back to her father, how he lead. Perhaps she could learn from.... No her father was a tyrant, he might have just been the leader of the army but he demanded fear and respect everywhere he went. She hated her father and didn't want to be anything like him. So there was that idea gone. Kiara surveyed her team as Lea spoke, taking a guess who one of the people was. She didn't recognize the name, so she thought it safe to assume the one who had not said a name it must have belonged to. Taking the tracker from Lea, she studied there path as he patted her on the shoulder. It was an effort of will not to slap his hand away, but she managed. What she didn't manage was to keep the annoyance hidden from her face.
    "I hope your right." She mumbled back after he spoke to her.

Facing her team Kiara tried to straighten herself out best as possible and look as competent as possible before speaking.
    "Okay... Team. Come here and I guess we will look at where we are heading before we head off." There was not much confidence in her voice. In fact it sounded like she wasn't sure about what she was saying at all, which she wasn't. She just hoped no one would comment on it, or else someone might lose a tongue. She held the tracker out flat so that they could all see it, examining the surrounding area and the path it showed. Kiara had spent enough time mindless wandering, she now wanted to know where she was going before she went, if she was in charge of other peoples lives then she couldn't let herself get too reckless. Just because her life didn't matter, didn't mean others didn't.

12. Skyheart Joker

With introductions and agreeing to what was essentially the least gratifying mission one could join, Aeira stood around and listened as Lea went on to explain what it was they were doing. All they had to do was split off and find two separate keyblade wielders. Simple enough. The girl wasn't at all that worried about having to deal with keyblade wielders, in spite of the tales she had heard, though she was confused as to what weapons such as those were doing in a land such as this. With no good feelings come off of it, she merely resolved herself to the mission at hand. Looking over to the other group, her cold, serious eyes focused on the girl named Kiara, getting an off feeling from her. Aeira wasn't sure what it was, but there was something about this girl, on an almost instinctual level that she didn't like. As she couldn't really peg it down, she didn't really linger on it for too long and instead looked to the rest of her group with a far more neutral expression. Looking to the others she said, "well I'm ready now, so let's get going."

13. CrownMoksha Decimo

It had taken much longer than Vallus would've liked, but they were finally given their first objective as part of this rag tag group. Finding other keyblade wielders certainly did appear to be easy, but if they were hostile then he couldn't guarantee that he wouldn't engage. He wouldn't actively provoke them though. When he had finished his brie thoughts regarding the task that they were given, he turned his attention towards his teammates for his group. His thoughts on them were still pretty neutral for the most part and likely wouldn't change until he saw them in action. "The sooner we get started, the sooner we get back."

14. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

Melus was now curious, very curious. Enough where she was quiet at first to listen to everyone and she tried to get a look at the tracker but was too mentally distracted to really pay attention to what was going on on it. After a little bit Melus took a step back and gave Kiara a quick once-over before saying, "You know, I'm trusting the ol' man for now, since I have no reason to doubt his decision making so far... so..." Melus walked a little closer with her hands on her hips saying, "I'm wondering how good you must be at a fight."

Melus realized what she said and she backed up waving her hands up,
    "That's not a challenge. I'm just thinking out loud... so... Kar-Kiara. What's your style? You more of the push ahead and hit 'em fast type? The i'll give you one really good hit and you'll cry type? the i'll take every hit and not even flinch type?" Melus was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. After a very good deal of silence she said, "Oh, I'm ready by the way... you can... ignore me if you'd like... I guess... just... curious about you. Curious about all of you in fact... but being promoted to a leader role that quick ain't no small thing."

15. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    She hated that look, the look of judging eyes as they assessed her every movement. Kiara groaned to herself silently cursing Lea for drawing so much attention to her. She didn't want to be leader and she hated the judging eyes on her, but as Melus continued to look her over eventually asking her questions, Kiara let out a long sigh. Part of her itched to correct everyone for mispronouncing her name, adding her little stutter to the beginning, but she didn't have the energy or patience to deal with that. She knew that if people questioned her correction she could easily snap at them, and with the new fire magic boiling under her skin, her explosion might be in a more literal sense than she intended.

Kiara listened as Melus asked about what her fighting style was, clarifying that she didn't want a fight.
    "Good I don't feel like fighting. But if I were to hit someone, they would be dead." Kiara stated dryly as her hand brushed over her new weapon, not something that lent herself to that fighting style. "Or at least that was how it was with my key- my old weapon, still trying this one out, but I am sure I can do some damage with it too." She stated rapping her hand around the weapon for the moment before forcing herself to relax. She could feel her hands getting warm and knew that she had to back down slightly.

"If you are ready, I am, but we should wait for the others to get a look at the map and be ready to go." Kiara stated, trying not to rush forward too much. She then looked back to Melus. "By the way, don't put too much weight on the promotion, the old man is just crazy is all." She stated hoping no one would expect too much from her, that honestly scared her the most. She recognized by this point that she was self destructive, she would rather not lead anyone else down that path while still figuring herself out.

16. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Koa listened as Lea broke up the group into two smaller groups. Briefing them on their first objective, Koa nodded as Lea was explaining. Walking over to his new smaller group, he heard a voice speak up. "The sooner we get started, the sooner we get back." Koa looked over to find the voice belonging to Vallus. The young man nodded before opening his mouth, "Right. However, if we rush into things too quickly, it could get ugly. I think we should proceed with caution." Koa pushed his glasses up before looking to the rest of the group. Of course he wanted things to be finished as soon as possible, however, from prior knowledge from his life in his home world, it was best to stop and think before moving ahead with one's next course of action. He looked at his necklace for a brief moment before turning back to Lea. "So, where is the key finder going to take us? We have to make sure those other wielders are safe and sound!"

17. Krowley Moderator

[VOLUME 1]
    - CHAPTER II -
    FIRST CONTACT

In the North...

Lea led his team of Vallus, Koa, Aeira following along the Northern path. Much of the path remained in his memory banks during his older days in the organization. "Shouldn't be too far from here." There were large assortments of earth pillars emerging from the ground as they continued to travel. An area that could be easy to get let in if they all weren't within reach of each other.

"There you are my small friend..." A voice spoke out. The voice was that of a suave and young Hispanic man.

Lea hid closely behind a large pillar, putting two fingers to his mouth and signalling the rest of his group to stay quiet. Motioning his hand for them to stay out of sight, he listened on, glaring at the man from the corner of his eyes. The man he was spying on, had black hair that was obviously well groomed and a thin mustache to go along with it. The man in question was sharply dressed. He wore a short sleeved red shirt, fully buttoned with a sleek collar. On his lower half were black dress shoes with the pants to match. On his waist was a long orange scarf, tied at the hip.

The Latin man has just finished dusting off the mild rubble that had fallen along a sleeping pod. Roughly the size of a suburban couch, the pod was white and rectangular at the sight of it. Who was in the pod had yet to be confirmed.
    "Co-ordinates precisely where Señora Nequa said they'd be... It's almost too simple a task for a many of my... many talents," he chuckled.
    He turned his head to the pillars where Lea's group were hiding. "Wouldn't you agree my little espías?" He smirked as he stood in front of the pod leaning on them. "Not very experienced in the spying game are we niños?"
    Lea scoffed at being found out, and walked out into the open, hoping he didn't catch all of the members in his group. "Well at least you brought your abuelo, eh? Haha," He laughed softly as he called out to him. "So what can I do for you?"
    Lea thought for a moment. "You said something about Nequa... What exactly is your affiliation with her?"
    "Something platonic I assure you. Why? Do you fancy the magic chica? I think she is far too young for you Señor..."

"You know what I mean!" Lea kept a strict face, trying to decipher the newcomer. "I'll start with something easy... Who are you?"

"A straight forward man. I can appreciate that..." He drew out a keyblade that looked akin to a fencing blade and stuck it into the ground in front of him. "My real name must be earned, but for our short time here... you may call me; Tango." He looked at the rest of the pillars. "If you all plan to attack me, I'd be careful. I don't go easy... Even on the children..."

-------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, in the South...

Kiara, Luther, Arctus, and Melus went southbound to a large clearing, blanketed by snow. As the followed the blinking dot Lea gave to Kiara, they saw anelderly, but very muscular man. White hair on his head and scars all over his arms. He wore a military vest and cargo pants. Black laced boots and dog tags around his neck meant he had some serious military background. He was towering over a timid blonde girl who looked to be in her teens. The man towering over her spoke. "Alright you little temptress... where is it?" He summoned a very heavy keyblade at his side.

The shy girl looked up to him. She was petite and slender, with big green eyes. "Wh-where's what?" She stuttered out, eyes tearing a bit.
    "Oh don't give me that vicitimized look... Nequa wouldn't have let you join if you were that pathetic. Now I'm not going to ask again! Hand it over!"
    The blonde girl looked to the ground, looking like she was about to cry. Her small hands in fists in front of her bent knees. When she lookd up again, her eyes widened with shock as she spotted the four.
    "What are you starin' at?" he asked, turning to face them. His expression went unimpressed. "Great, more brats, just what I need..." He grabbed the girl by the arm and dragged her to feet. He looked at them directly with his cold blue eyes. "Now move along..." He threatened, holding the girl's wrists tightly.

18. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Arctus raised an eyebrow at the scene finding that it could not be more cartoonish. How many times were they going to see someone who was clearly "the bad guy" in the situation? Or perhaps this was a trap? No, how could it be? No one knew they would be there. And weren't keyblade wielders supposed to be good guys? No, of course not. Arctus reminded himself, thinking back to the tales of old he had heard. Starting a fight when they did not know how strong their opponent was wouldn't be the smartest idea but he some sense of morals he held onto, enough to tell him that this was wrong.

"Look, why don't you put your magic key away and this won't have to get messy. There's four of us and one of you. If you don't want to spend the rest of the day with your face in the ground I suggest you play nice and ease up on that girl you're threatening." This was not how he pictured his day going though...he didn't have much of an idea how it would have gone otherwise. He just didn't want to go around playing "white knight" and he was certain that the others, particularly the angsty angry-looking girl hiding her real name, might have felt the same. Actus drew his black sword, brandishing it with both his hands and aimed the point at the muscular man.

19. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Kiara lead the group forward a little unsure of what she was doing, but she didn't step back from trying to lead. Her eyes were pretty much glued to the screen of the device that was leading them where to go. She hoped that she would get it right, lead them to the right place. And somehow she did manage to get them where they needed to go. Kiara heard the voices before she saw the people and halted. This was a investigation mission, so she knew that she should find them a spot to hide, however before she could bother with that, her attention was drawn to the people in front of her.

Kiara first noticed the man, his uniform, his stance, before she ever saw the girl. Her temper flared as she watched the military man talk down to the girl, a girl who was nearly in tears. Kiara then noted the keyblade and scowled. Things were just going from bad to worse. Sparks leaped from her fingertips involuntary as she watched the scene unfold. Lea had told her not to engage if it was an enemy, but how could she not. Her whipblade uncurled beside her just as
    Arctus spoke up. So she wasn't completely alone in stepping in, that was good to know. She was too wrapped up in anger to have caught that they were spotted first. Flames trailed down the length of her whip while Kiara started speaking a cold anger in her voice.
    "You military men are all the same. You act like you own others, that females aren't any more than possessions to be used. You have no right to demand anything of her, no right to her. If she tells you to leave you leave. Stop treating her like she is weak, you have no idea what sort of power she may have, so back off and stop trying to use a damned keyblade to scare her. A keyblade is sacred, it is a gift to those who are worthy to bring peace, not chaos. You don't deserve to have it, so why you? Why some evil rotten man who believes himself better than others." Kiara's tone quickly turned to yelling as the flames along her whip intensified.

Without another warning, without thought for instructions, Kiara surged forward towards the man as she flicked her wrist, sending the bladed whip flying in his direction, trying to dart to the side and catch him behind where he was holding her.
    "Using her as a shield is just pathetic, I will take great pleasure in killing you." She threatened. With the memories of what happened in the illusion still fresh in her mind, Kiara didn't have the patience or mindset to let go of her anger just yet. Yes she wanted to be a different person, but it would take time, and this was too much, too much to back down from, too much like her past, she couldn't stand by and watch, so she did the only thing she knew how to do, and fought for her life.

20. CrownMoksha Decimo

The walk to their objective was a silent one, the only voice being Lea who'd given them an update once they were close to where they were supposed to be at. He raised an eyebrow at the pillars that rose up in the distance the closer they got. It was quiet for all of a few second before a voice cut through the silence and it wasn't any of theirs.

From behind the pillar that he was prompted to hide behind, Vallus listen in to the conversation between Lea and 'Tango'. Nothing of much use was said other than the mentioning of this 'Nequa' person. She must've been a real piece of work if this guy worked with her. Still names didn't do much without any information of faces to go with them. Plus there was a much more pressing issue to deal with. Tango knew that they were all hiding behind these pillars and was baiting them into attacking him. Vallus wasn't going to take that bait til he knew just what this guy could do, but standing behind these pillars would o nothing beneficial for them.