Black Coats

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Krowley, Sep 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krowley Moderator

[​IMG]

"There are those who go through the realm of darkness and back, unscathed.
    And then there are those who must dawn the Black Coat..."

In tandem with the Kingdom Hearts SOS Saga, Black Coats takes place during the time where the keybladers have fallen into darkness. As the wielders attempt, and new heroes will have to rise to the occasion until they regain their strength. To do this, they must don the black cloak to shield them from the temptations of darkness, but also use it to their advantage.

"Black Coats" centers around the heroes that fight from the shadows. Since the Heartless and villains will be able to track our heroes that use the keyblades, new aliases and weapons must be found to combat the forces of darkness. With an aged Master Lea as the head runner for this ragtag group of misfits, an anti-organization is forged into helping to preserve and save the hearts of everyone, while also putting a stop to Nequa's devious intentions.

The wicked witch herself has also assembled her own group though... Picking thirteen of the most powerful keyblade wielders to her beckon call, she prepares to stop the black coats in their tracks. Each member of Nequa's new brand of darkness is equipped with powerful techniques as they will constantly duel you for dominion of the elements. Woth a new challenger around every corner, Nequa's plot must be thwarted and her true plan must be unveiled...

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  2. Krowley Moderator

Previously on Kingdom Hearts SOS...

"Rin..." Yue blurted out. She gave a quick sniff of the air and gritted her teeth. "You have her scent..."
    "Hmm? What makes you say that?" she giggled, summoning her keyblade just in case.
    "But... why would... why would you work with them?!" She was still trying to fathom how her best friend was working for them.
    "Tsk tsk, never was a good listener, so I'll ask again. Why do you think I was a member to begin with?"
    "It begins to make more sense," Lea observed. "All our knowledge of technology, the worlds and princesses had to be stolen from our archives. Archives that only a member of the order-"
    "STOP IT!" Yue shouted. "I don't care if she has the same voice and skill set, that's not Rin!"
    Nequa tilted her head and lowered her keyblade. "You really believe that don't you?"
    Yue took a few calm breaths before answering fearlessly. "I know Rin, and you're not her."

"I see," she responded with equal neutrality.
    Dispersing her blade, she took both gloved hands and put them on both sides of her glowing purple helmet. "Just how sure are you?..." Both arms pushed the helmet ever so slightly until a small burst of pressure was heard escaping from under the mask. Lifting the helmet slowly over her head, allowing a cascade of flowing cyan colored hair to empty out, revealing her true face.
    Yue was at a loss for words as she lifted a side of the blindfold to see with her own eye at the truth she did not wish to conceive.
    "No..."

A young woman of Yue's age, smiled back in the most haunting manner as she grinned from ear to ear joyfully, showing no remorse disdain. The woman standing before them was Rin.
    "Aww, Don't look so shocked sweetie. The other boy thought Aux would never betray him either. But the worlds are full of traitors. I was just yours." Her smile turned into a wicked grin as her orange-yellow eyes pierced through her friend's heart.

Yue dropped her blindfold and clenched her teeth. Lea could see the rage she was building and tried to prevent it. Years in the Order as well as past experiences taught him a thing or two about emotional manipulation. If this really was Rin, she knew just what buttons to push.
    "This is what she wants. Whatever you do, don't-"
    "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!" Yue charge with speed against her traitor friend, to which she only replied with the same smile. "Never could keep your temper either." She opened a dark corridor and baited Yue to follow her through it with a flick of her wrist. Nequa passed through followed by Yue, leaving Lea to try and follow. Sadly the portal closed behind them before he could fully go through.

"Man... always with the icky jobs," he told himself, trying to think of what to do next. All he had was the Gamma belt, which turned back the universal clock. Seeing as how the worlds were locked down, that would do him any good. His only other option was to use darkness. Something he hadn't used since his younger adult years. "Well when you can't do anything smart." He lifted a hand outward to summon a small dark portal. "Do something reckless." He put on his mask and walked into the portal, having it close behind him

[Season 1]
    - Prologue -
    BEACON

(Please note this Prologue is to prepare for the main storyline of this roleplay. An OC thread will be made when the time is right. Until then, only certain characters will be featured)

Lea appeared along the other side of the dark corridor in a conflicted gaze. It had been so long since he had felt the realm of darkness surround him, that it would took some time to get used to. With a quick rubbing of his hands together, he swayed his arms back and forth as he began to stroll along. There was no sign of any life for quite some distance. Not even a heartless.
    "Of course," he sighed. "Don't even know where they went." He had opened and entered a portal into the realm without even thinking of where it would lead, or where Nequa would be baiting Yue to go. The path along the realm of darkness stretched for eons, and there was no telling just where they could have gone to.

He figured at this point, he could either try and wander around like a lost animal, or do something about it.
    "Time to get to work." He proudly announced.

Two weeks later...

Lea's back lay sprawled out against the dusted path as he looked up into the nothingness of darkness, with his mask in one hand and arms stretched out.
    "OH GOD, WHY DOES EVERYTHING LOOK THE SAME!!" The once calm and relaxed Lea had surfaced into an impatient middle aged man that matched his older appearance. He scratched the back of his head as deep inner conflict continued to settle in. It had been two weeks since his search started, and he felt as hopeless as when he began. He needed a sign that there was something of light in this vast realm.
    He breathed deeply before sighing. "Why... Why do I always get stuck with the icky jobs?"

3. Mysty Unknown

How long had it been since he had found himself alone, traveling through this world of unknown darkness? The realm of darkness was a place he was unknown of as well as close to. His heart was placed there even though he refused to accept it. All he had to do during this time was watch within the mirror obtained at the Beast's Castle to watch his former allies. Or perhaps, those were all just dreams, visions he acquired while in a stasis of this black nothingness.

He moved on forward, looking through the black and blue formations that spread throughout this entirely new realm. Some places were great to settle up for some time, however, there was always a time to move. He had no choice but to run after a while. Heartless inhabited this world after all. They were all different from most that were fought. None had received an emblem on their bodies. They were what one would call pure, true heartless.

After some time, Eon had found a path. It seemed strange but he had this feeling, a form of intuition that it was a path he needed to follow. Upon this path would allow him to reshape what he had lost, or so he had believed. Even in the blackest darkness, there is always light, hope somewhere. This route he would take would be that light. After some time, he would come across a man who would reform his and others destinies....

4. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]

Darkness… Heavy, heavy darkness. Or was it light? It was hard to tell. Nothing to look at. Nobody to talk to but the conscious. Xara stumbled through, her eyes downcast as she watched her feet drag along the ground. She was getting nowhere, and she figured that it would be like this for a while longer. She hardly started out on her journey to figure out the keyblade and then ended up here in this mess somehow. She stopped, looking up ahead of her. Still the same scenery, but maybe… Something would be different this time?

She cupped her hands over her mouth and yelled out into the abyss. “
    HELLOOOOOOOO!!! ANYBODY OUT THEREEEEEE?!?! YOOOOOOOO!!! I WOULD REALLY, REALLY, REAAAAAAAALLY LOVE SOME COMPANY!” Xara then waved her hands in the air as if to clear the dark mist enveloped about her. “YOOHOO! BIG SUMMER BLOWOUT!” But there was no reply, and the darkness was still the same.

Sighing out, Xara plopped down on the ground and flopped back. She stared up into blackness, and then smirked to herself. “
    You know… I wonder…” She moved her arms back and forth on the ground as if she was flying, and then moved her legs in the same manner. Giggling, Xara stopped and rolled over as carefully as possible, standing to her feet again. “Ha!” she exclaimed with a grin, placing her arms on her hips. “Dust angel!” Indeed, below her was the iconic dust angel.

She then reached behind her and brushed herself off the best she could before sitting herself on the ground again. What should she do now… Ah ha! Smiling, she began to draw with her fingers in the dirt. Well if she was stuck here for a while, might as well take a break from meandering about. Perhaps she could collect ideas of what to do next.

Hm, how long have you been here anyways?” The girl asked herself. “I dunno, a while.” She let out a puff of air and continued to draw a tree in the fine silt. “Months, weeks, years? Man, have you had any food lately, myself?” A growl broke the silence and Xara grasped her tummy. “Shhhh. Nah, not till you mentioned it, myself. Well excuuuuuse me, yourself!” The purple haired girl ruffled her hair into a mess, trying to turn her attention back on the tree. “Man, it’s really frustrating to talk to yourself. You’re telling me, myself.

After a while of silence, the tree was finished. Now she was ready to draw a sun behind it. A question then struck her. “
    How did you even get in this mess, girl? Oh, you know, lack of participation makes you susceptible to being kicked in the booty and out into the abyss. Wow, big words there. Don’t mention it. I don’t even know where they came from. Fifty words to gooooo. Fifty words to go till what? Dunno, sounded funnier in my head…

Xara continued to draw the sun behind the tree. When was the last time she had seen light? She couldn’t even remember. Wait, didn’t she just go over this? She shook her head and stopped for a moment, staring at the drawing she created. The sun was peeking over the top of the tree with swirls inside of it and sun rays squiggling out from the round orb. The tree itself was massive and also had swirls going down and around the trunk to add depth to the bark and branches. It was absolutely beautiful and a wonderful change to see than a blank white ground with black clouds covering up the rest of the world.

Why did you even come out here…?

Tapping fingers on the ground, she processed that question for a while. “B
    ecause… The place I was in was in darkness… A different kind of darkness. Ignorance. Sadness. Anger… It wasn’t my home; even if I was born there.” She then scoffed. “I don’t even know if I was born there or not… I was just… There.

…But is this any better?

The girl then smiled to herself and looked up at the churning gloom. “
    For now, yeah. I’m alone. Isn’t that the way it’s always been? I can hold out a little longer. Just wait, something is going to happen. Something always happens. Besides, if I stay on this subject too long, I’m going to get melancholy myself like this place. I can’t let myself dwell on the past, you know?

The purple hair girl laid back on the ground, propping her hands behind her head. Left to her own thoughts again, left to listen to absolute silence. She squinted her eyes, hoping she could see something, but to no avail.

Would it kill to have a few stars in this place?” she asked the void, smirking at the thought of it replying back to her. She then lifted her hand from behind her back and stared up at it, flexing her fingers and seeing what her complexion was like in the darkness.

She then looked at her palm, caressing the crevices of it. “
    If only I had a paintbrush. Or a stick.” Another idea popped into her head, something she hadn’t thought of before. And why? Maybe she was too focused on trying to find someone or find a way out of here. Xara sat straight up, continuing to examine her hand and run her fingers over it.

What if…” The gears in her head were turning. Maybe, just maybe…

Closing her eyes, Xara reached deep within herself to try to summon the key she called on back in her home world. Not long ago, she hardly realized she was doing just that. The weird creatures, the confusion, the shadows, the dreams, the Voice, all those and more flooded into her head. Her hand felt warm and tingly as if someone pricked her hand with a bit of electricity, and then held a weight.

The girl gasped, opening her eyes to see the giant key that showed itself to her appear to her again. “
    It worked! It actually worked!” She jumped to her feet and did a little happy dance. “I did it! I did it! Yippee! Okay, back to serious mode,” she said with straight face.

She tested the key blade with her right hand, feeling the heaviness of it before switching to the left. For a weirdly, shaped weapon, it had great balance to it as if it was made for her.

"
    Here it goes..." Xara raised the great key so that the tip of it was pointing up and pressed the handle to her forehead. “Please help me find someone,” she whispered. “Please help them find me. I need to leave this place. I’m no good if I’m sitting around here doing nothing. Come on, I came all this way to help and to find out some answers. Show me the way out of here.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  5. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

Veera walked gracefully down the hallway of darkness. It was more of a corridor, really. A long, never ending corridor that seemed to have no boundaries, and no walls. It was unnerving and mesmerizing, and at first she had found herself delighted to be here. Hours later, she was less amused. A headache was growing behind her eyes, probably from the strain of trying to peer through the darkness. She felt cold, but part of her mind told her this was impossible.

Could darkness even be considered cold? It made sense in some plane of understanding, she supposed. Sun was light and heat, and so the opposite was darkness. Perhaps she should have taken up philosophy, she thought with a grin. All humor aside, this endless corridor was going to drive her insane. Maybe not in the next minute, or even the next hour, but it would happen. She just wanted to get somewhere, instead of nowhere.

Her legs were weary, but neither did she want to rest. Her mind warred with her body and her body warred with her mind. Rest or stay? Rest or stay? It was a constant rhythm with each step her feet would take forward. But if she rested, she would get nowhere. Somewhere inside, some foolish hope remained that she would find something, anything in this endless dark. But it wouldn’t be long before that hope died too.

6. Mysty Unknown

His eyes were tired. The sounds around him at come to nothing. This went on for far too long. Could sound really become absent? He wanted to make some noise, any form of noise, but his mind wasn't strong enough right now. If he made noise, perhaps the shadows would return to battle him. The keyblade in hand was nice to have, but Eon felt that its power was diminishing and quickly. How long could he go against the Heartless that inhabited this world?

Perhaps it was wrong for him to even attack them. They could be prisoners of this world, all trying to escape, trying any possible method. However, he knew they escaped this world by some way. They may have attacked people, but who was to say their actions were wrong? Perhaps they were in a prison far greater than the one Eon had escaped from. Perhaps they were sealed in their own internal prison, unable to escape, clawing away to free themselves from this torment that had been overwhelming them. Was there even a way to return them to their former states and let them escape that internal torment? There had to be...

Within an instant of thought, Eon could see a light. It was dim, almost transparent to the naked eye. But, any gleam of light was a grasp at hope. His footsteps began to create sounds, eliminating his fear of the Heartless. Perhaps this was a beacon from someone else trapped in the darkness. Eon never even considered their could be others among him. The idea of someone else from the light coming to this world of darkness was painful. Nobody deserved a sentence like this.

Eon continued through, the light shining brighter and brighter as he got closer. Eventually, he could see a figure, alone in this darkness with light around them. It was a keyblade they held. That was the only explanation to why there could be light in this land that judged light as the utmost negative. Eon began to run, sprinting even, towards this light and person.

Finally, he achieved his goal and found the person in question. It was Xara, a girl he knew from long ago. She had suddenly vanished a long while ago and nobody seemed to understand why or what happened. It was assumed she was dead but nobody ever told Eon this. He was far too young to be told of such a thing, even though he knew, he knew very well that life wasn't immortal and everlasting.

"Xara!" He called out. His and her light had reached out to one another now. Perhaps there were even more in this darkness that were trying to seek a way out. If they both could generate enough light together then perhaps they could lead them here and they could escape. "I'm happy you're alive. I'm sad though that you are stuck here too. Perhaps we should light our keyblades to maybe see if their are others here. It would be safer that way, I think."

7. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]

It was while she was pleading that she heard footsteps sounding off somewhere. Confused, she opened her eyes and had a look around. She hadn't heard anything but the sound of her own voice all this time. Her heart raced, realizing that someone else was in here and she wasn't completely alone like she thought she was. She squinted her eyes as she lowered her keyblade as her ears picked up to where the sound was coming from. It was hard to tell since there were no walls around this place, but her keyblade seemed to turn towards whomever was coming.

Out of the shadows ran out a boy with blonde hair with brownish black tips. Familiarity tugged at the young girl's heart, but she couldn't find a name to the face. She could hardly believe that someone else was here, let alone a face she recognized. But what was his name?

"
    Eon...?" It was strange that name came out. Her eyes stung, but she smiled really big. When was the last time she smiled?

"
    Eon!" The keyblade disappeared from the girl's hand and she met him half way, running into him with a hug as big as her gratitude to the Light. She squeezed him, maybe a bit to hard, but she wanted to make sure this was real. "You're here! Someone else is here!" She pulled away from the boy to look at his face, smiling through the tears that were rolling down her cheeks before she hugged him once more. "I thought I was alone. I thought..." She sniffed and stepped back, letting go of him. "I'm sorry," she said with a laugh, wiping away the tears with her glove sleeves. "It's just been a while since I've seen someone... I'm being an idiot." Xara laughed again, shrugging her shoulders as she rubbed away the last of her tears with her thumb. "I'm sorry you're stuck here too though. This place is no fun..."

She had so many questions, like how long had she been here, did anyone else knew she was gone, and many others, but there were other tasks at hand to focus on.

The girl then listened to Eons words about the two of them creating a bigger light in the darkness to see if others were in here as well. "A light? You saw a light coming from me?" The keyblade was summoned to her hand again and she glanced at it. "I didn't see anything... Do you really think others are stuck here too? I dunno how long I've been here, but you're the only person I've seen."

With those words, it seemed like the keyblade was tugging again to a different direction away from Eon. Maybe there were more in the darkness... She looked at Eon and smiled. "
    I think there is someone else here. The keyblade pointed to you when I couldn't see you. It's like pulling me again, that way." Xara pointed to the right of her and glanced at Eon. "Maybe if we go take a look together, what do you say?"

Just a moment ago, Xara was lost. Now that she was found, she was ready to get out of this place. Maybe they would find someone or something together that would get them out of here once and for all.

8. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

She had rested, and now she stared at the ground, debating in her mind whether it was worth going on. She had been here for two day? Or three? She couldn't tell anymore. There wasn't exactly a wall to carve marks into, and she didn't have any paper or way to keep track. Hours seemed endless here, and the only way to judge any type of time passing was the exhaustion in her body and the pangs of hunger in her stomach. Were they hunger pangs? Or perhaps the symptoms of the darkness that would inevitably begin to corrupt whatever humanity had already started.

She sighed and flopped back, letting her arms spread out at her sides as she stared up into the darkness. It wouldn't have been so bad had she had someone to talk to. The loneliness was maddening, and if the darkness didn't get her, then she was sure being alone for so long would. It wasn't the absence of socializing that she necessarily missed, but the absence of noise. There was literally no sound, other then her heartbeat and the soft footfalls her shoes made as she wandered through the endless tunnel.

She closed her eyes and remained where she was, letting sleep take her once more. Perhaps after she rested she could carry on in her journey. Or perhaps she would stay, until she lost her sanity and herself. There weren't many other options remaining anymore.

9. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]

Maybe it was because she was eager to get out of here, she forgot her manners and to wait for someone to reply to her words. She began to tug Eon along, not realizing she still had a hold of the boy's arm. She was following where the keyblade seemed to be directing her, and she didn't want to stop. There was pasta, pizza, soda, just food in general outside of this world and she was getting hungry! Not to mention, she didn't realize how not sitting against something could be so nerve wracking. Oh! And music! She couldn't forget the music she hadn't heard in so long... Or feel the light.

"
    Patience," she muttered to herself, stopping short as she was trying to clear her mind. "Deep breaths..." After inhaling deeply and exhaling, Xara felt the keyblade's pull become stronger and stronger once more. She was going in the right direction. She finally looked ahead, and saw something out of place from the swirling clouds and dark area; a bundle of a person laying on the ground.

Excitement shook her frame once more. Again, it was confirmed to her that she was not alone! But were they hurt? Did something bad happen to them?

"
    Hey!" Xara called out to the pile of human. She looked at Eon, her eyes dancing with excitement as she let go of him and charged forward. "Are you okay?!" Xara stopped short, quickly glancing over the figure.

"
    Miss?" Xara knelt down by the older woman, keyblade still gripped tightly in her hand as she temporarily forgot she had it. The girl then shook the woman by the shoulder gently. "Hey, are you okay? Can you hear me?"

OOC://
    What was going on in my head while I was writing the last part out. [​IMG]
    "WHY ARE YOU SLEEPING?!"

10. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]

Veera opened her eyes, as a small voice spoke in her ear. "Are any of us okay?" She muttered to herself before opening her eyes. Oh. A small girl. And a small boy, she amended as she looked to the side. "Okay, okay, let me up." Her voice was hoarse from little use, and her body was tired. She had slept too long; an easy thing to do here.
    "So, now that we've established that I can hear you." She looked from one to the other, rubbing her eyes as she yawned. "What are you two doing here?" It had been bad to think she was here by herself, but to think that kids were trapped here....it made her feel guilty that she had stopped looking.

"How did you get here?" She continued, propping herself up with one hand while the other draped across her lap.

11. Mysty Unknown

It seemed the light they used helped them track another person in this abyss of darkness. This woman however was entirely new to Eon. She was never around during the times when he was with the other keyblade wielders. Perhaps she came before him? It was possible but it was something they couldn't entirely believe without asking. His eyes looked onto the girl. Xara was doing most of the talking for the moment, asking the important questions. Eon would respond to this woman in kind.

"I myself got trapped here after the Land of Departure collapsed. I wasn't able to get into the portal in time. I was lucky to be trapped in here instead of being killed by the countless Behemoths that were around... I'm not sure about Xara here. As long as we're together, we should be safe. I don't know why, but I have this feeling someone is looking for us right now."

That was just his intuition speaking right now. It was entirely possible that there were more people down in this darkness that they had come into. Now that there were three of them, the possibility was escalating higher and higher. Eon gave a smile towards the girl to try and show that his intentions were pure and meant no ill manner.

12. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]

Xara shrugged her shoulders after Eon was done explaining what happened to him and proposed that he felt like someone was looking for them. "I dunno when I got lost. I just remembered seeing Eon in some place... Being told I needed to pick a world... And when I did, I was a raccoon, and then poof!" Her fingers made an exploding effect as she looked around. "I wound up in this place. All I know is I'm very hungry..." A loud stomach growl erupted and Xara clutched her stomach, smiling sheepishly at the group. "I thought I would be stuck in here forever until Eon showed up... And then we found you! Erm, what is your name exactly Miss? I'm Xara, like Eon said. And this is Eon... If you haven't guessed already." The girl kicked at the dust on the ground, looking around the abyss. "I don't know about a third person being here... Heh, I didn't think you two were here at all. I thought I was all alone."

13. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]

"Veera. Veera Dorson." She responded to the young girl's question, looking them over once more. They're just kids....She hoped they weren't looking to her for a decision. An adult she may be, but she had no idea how she had gotten here, or how to get out. One thing was for sure, however. "I guess we should start walking, then." She suggested, getting to her feet. "You're hungry, I'm tired, and he's probably hungry too." She nodded at the little boy. "Maybe try to use the way you two found me to get us out of here?" It only made her feel a little guilty that she hadn't found the kids before they had found her. But hey, she felt like she had been here forever. It wasn't as if she had known kids were in here. Maybe she would have looked a little harder.

Then again.....maybe not. The darkness was endless, after all, and there didn't appear to be any form of light coming to them any time soon.

14. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]

"Nice to meet you Veera!" Xara exclaimed with a grin, taking her hand and giving it a good friendly shake. The girl didn't let go right away though. The hand was tangible, this couldn't be a figment of her imagination. Would it be possible that she would finally get out of here?

'
    Yo, you're being awkward,' her inner voice kicked in.

Realizing that she was still holding on to the woman's hand, she laughed halfheartedly and released her hold. "
    Um, sorry, just wanted to make sure I wasn't dreaming... This place is making me loopy. Let's vamoose."

Xara looked down to her hand, remembering that she still had the keyblade She was gripping it so tightly, yet she forgot she had it out. It was still faintly pulling in another direction she realized.

She looked up at her two friends and beamed. "
    Well, Eon found me. He said there was a light coming from me or something... But my keyblade pointed to him. And then I found you by feeling the tug of the keyblade." She examined her weapon, her green eyes happy and energetic. "It seems to know where to go... And I still feel a tug... Coming from... that way." Xara pointed to the right of her.
    "Let's head out."

She then began to walk forward, using the keyblade as a guide within the darkness, expecting the other two to follow. Deep down, she was hoping she was still not dreaming and would actually get out of this place. What was it like out there right now? Would it be nice? Would the light be too bright? Did pizza not exist anymore?

Shaking her head, she focused back on the pull, concentrating to make sure she was heading the way it was telling her to go.

15. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    The girl didn't let go of her hand right away, and Veera raised an eyebrow when she finally did. "I would have to admit that this place has changed me as well.." The girl, Xara, continued to talk, and Veera remained quiet, absorbing the information in between looking at the other kid. He must be either shy or just not a talker. Veera decided to herself, crossing her arms over her chest. "I wonder, have you tried using your keyblade at all?" She asked the little boy, before shrugging to herself. "I don't know why I haven't, but I guess we follow Xara before she gets lots in the darkness again." Which, lets face it, might happen anyway, but she might as well give it some effort.

It didn't bother her that she was following a girl who looked half her age, not in the slightest. Veera could very well make decisions, and act upon them. But right now, she didn't have a better plan other then just wandering around, and if what Xara said was true, then the keyblades might know of a way out. Still, for some reason the desire to draw her own was tempered. By laziness? Exhaustion? No....it felt more like hopelessness. Deep down, she didn't think they were ever going to escape this darkness.
    And that, Veera, is there are no other adults. She shook her shoulders and continued on, after Xara, into the black.

16. Krowley Moderator

"Halt!" A gruff voice called out to Xara.
    As she was racing through the realm of darkness, an old man appearing in his sixties, ordered her to stop in her tracks. He was a pale old man with short white hair that was pushed back on his head. His beard was thick and shaggy with a mustache to match. He smelled of burnt ashes and cigarettes, but still showed off a hint of passive understanding. "Wait.. you're just... you're just a kid?!" He yelled in shock. He hopped forward towards the purple haired girl to examine her closely. "What's your business here? No one ever travels this deep into darkness." He looked closer at the keyblade she was holding and widened his soft blue eyes. "Oh... so your heart brought you here..." He chuckled in his gruff voice. He peered behind her to see both Veera and Eon trailing a long. "And you've got a family huh? Gotta say, I'm a bit surprised. Most folk are already filled to the brim with the effects of darkness... The kids I can understand, but what about you lady?" He called to Veera. "You're heart seems light enough. What gives with the lack of darkness?"

17. Mysty Unknown

Eon was lost in thought majority of this time, not picking up on the slightest moments of speech directed towards him. His head was filled with voices right now of his past. This darkness in a way was kind of like home. Being locked away in a pitch black only to hear the voices of terror and screams in the background. He almost imagined he was there right now and Xara and Veera were simply guards taking him away back into that wicked chamber. Was it the darkness playing trick on him? No this was just psychological scarring.

What snapped him out of this trance finally was the appearance of an old man. He seemed shocked that they were all so well adapted in this area. It wasn't entirely true. In reality they were starving and exhausted. There wasn't much telling how longer they could have gone on.

"Surviving the darkness is easy when you are born in it, living in it for a majority of your life. You learn to work with it."

18. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]

"Huh?" Xara turned to the sound of the voice, startled by the sound. She was so used to hearing her own voice, she didn't know what to think of the other voices added in the mix. An old man appeared and Xara stiffened, wondering if she should step into a fighting stance or not. The keyblade's pulling stopped and she stood a little straighter when the strange man approached her. He smelled like smoke and something else, but she couldn't figure out what it was and crinkled her noise. She then leaned back, having a hard time stopping that reflex when the man peered at her closely.

Something he said about her heart leading her here made her confused... She looked back at Eon when he mentioned living and surviving in the darkness, and her eyes saddened. She had a feeling there was more meaning to that than he let on, but now was not the time to talk about it.

"I don't know how I got here... I got lost in a world, trying to figure out what this keyblade is." She lifted it up carefully, feeling the weight in her hand. "I think I was with this group... My memory is kinda fuzzy. But then I wound up here. I didn't run into dark creature thingies though... I just woke up here..." She gestured to Eon and Veera. "I barely found them, I thought I was all by myself. Oh, right... " Xara's green eyes looked back at the man, realizing she had some very important questions to ask him. "Who are you exactly? Why are you here?"

19. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    "It's because I'm a vi-" Veera was cut off by Eon's and Xara's excited responses, and perhaps that was best. Not in front of the kids. She reminded herself, crossing her arms with a slight frown. This man seemed to know something about them, but she had yet to be impressed. He didn't strike her as one of them either, wandering around in the darkness. He was much too calm, besides exclaiming that they were both kids and adults. Can only be one or the other. Unless they started recruiting babies. Then things would truly be desperate.

"All we want is to get out." She added softly to the end of Xara's response, not really caring who or what this man was, as long as he knew a way to escape the darkness.

20. Krowley Moderator

"Get out?" the old man scoffed. That's like asking how you get red out of an apple... You can't just go and remove the color. It usually involves some skin peeling..." He scanned the woman and children once more as if looking for something in particular from them. "But if you've been trapped here this long and still haven't kicked the bucket, then I'd consider you all fairly lucky." He held out his hand and summoned a keyblade of his own. The hilt looked heavy, as it's design was as simple as they came. And old, rustic design, with scratches all along the blade. "I've been here for some time now. You could say I'm just an old war horse that never stopped fighting." He held out his hand to Veera. "Captain Marshall Hughes... at your service."

He looked intently at Xara's keyblade. "I'm guessing that little lady's light in her blade drew you all to my location... Keyblades are kinda funny like that. They're like beacons of light that shine there way past the darkness. Signalling whatever passerby's they can." His eyes seemed to be getting nostalgic as he shook his head out of it. "But I'm guessing you're more interest in an exit strategy." He dispersed his keyblade and turned to lead them in a new direction. "If that's the case, then try to keep up! If an old man like me can keep going then so can you."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.