Black Coats: Volume 1

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Krowley, Feb 15, 2017.

1. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Koa kept quiet for a bit until he heard his name be called. He looked up and saw Kiara walk up to him. "Koa! I am trusting you to look after this group of misfits now. But don't worry you won't be alone, I called in an old acquaintance to help out. She should be a lot of help leading, or an-" Another voice had interrupted the girl as she spoke. The girl and Kiara had spoke for a moment before she turned back to the group. "As you all know I have to leave, Koa is in charge now, respect him, and Dawn is here to aid you in whatever ways she can. Stay safe and don't make me drag myself back to save your sorry asses, got it?" Koa smiled before walking up to Kiara. "I promise you, you won't regret this. Stay safe and give Luna my best. I know she can take care of herself but can't help but be concerned. We'll see each other again soon. Take care of yourself...Karina." He smiled as he gave Karina his best wishes. Karina and Arctus had then left to continue their journey.

Koa had turned back to the group to see the others discussing with one another. He took a deep breath before feeling Finlay put his arm around Koa "
    Whoa!!" "Koa over her has himself a lass that he's engaged to as well. We just fought a fearsome battle with her not to long ago. Finlay helped slay many things, no big deal- But the fact the two of you have lovers yah can't reach is truly a shame. Wish I had me a betrothed... She'd be a strong lass with long locks and a nice meaty-" Koa immediately grabbed a paper fan before smacking it over Finlay's head. "Alright!!! We're done with this conversation!!" A woman had then walked over to them and discussing about the manor. She then went on to talk about Oliver Manson, a member of Nequa's society. Koa nodded his head before walking forward. "Yes. We have to stop Nequa and her society. But we are going to take caution with this. No sense into running into things blindly." Koa then looked at the girl as she had commented on Finlay's energy. "It's better if we don't know. Though we are going to keep that energy to a minimum, understand me Finlay?" He looked over to Finlay. He clapped his hands together before looking to the group. "Alright guys. Let's get a move on! We stay together and be cautious. Nobody is to run ahead, guns ablazing. Not on my watch. Understand?" He made a serious face as he explained what was going to happen from here on out.

2. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Right, introductions, she supposed that Karina didn't do a good job of introducing her to anyone, she kind of introduced her to Koa and then walked off. "Well it looks that he doesn't really need my help anymore." Dawn sighed to herself when she saw Koa taking charge and commanding that they were done with all the chatter and it was time to move forward. She would introduce herself to other people as the time came, for now as long as they all could work together for a while then it would be fine. "After you, leader." Dawn motioned for Koa to lead the way. What she was even meant to do here was another mystery that she supposed that she would figure out as she went. Though she didn't know how long she could be here, she worried about someone coming looking for her. She would deal with that when the time came though, there was enough of sitting around home and just waiting for things to happen. Seeing what Karina managed to do for herself, Dawn took inspiration from that and figured it was about time to move forward with her own life, and this could be the first step to it.

3. Krowley Moderator

[​IMG]

"Whot?!- Finlay doesn't charge in without thinkin'!" He stood stern for a moment before chuckling a bit. "Haha, okay okay, Finlay most of the time charges in without thinkin'- But most of the time it works!" He grinned. "And how can yah expect me to be quiet when amongst my comrades! I'm the DYNAMIX Viking! Not the indoor voice viking!"
    Lynn looked over to the rest of the group. "Will you just listen to me! You can't go in there without hearing me out first!"
    "Aye, and what makes you think we need yer help?"
    "Because I have this!" She said holding up a tattered old book.
    "Oh.. a book. Right. That's gonna help a ton!" Finlay replied sarcastically.
    "I'm serious. This book holds the key on finally getting rid of Nequa!"
    "Don't be playin' games with us lass-"
    "I'm not! Look!" She opened the book to a small page with a 12 sided circle. "Nequa was banished the first time to the void with the help of the 12 children of Cosmos! Since Nequa couldn't be destroyed by natural means, the warriors of light banished her to the void." She skimmed a few pages ahead. "She was supposed to be locked there forever under the guise of the void's guardian; Krowley." She showed an artist sketch of a youthful man with white hair. "I don't know how she did it... but she must have gotten rid of him and managed to escape." She closed the book and held it under her arm. "Please... you have to let me come with you... I know the Red Society's members better than any of you, and I need to avenge my sister's death. If I can help in the banishment of Nequa maybe her death won't be in vain. And we have to do it soon...." She quickly opened the page and turned to one of her bookmarked pages. "She's trying to return to her full power. Once she does, there's nothing we can do to stop her. She'll become an immortal god." She opened a page showing 5 swords. "The swords of Honor, Power, Ruin, Truth and Heroes... And then there's the final piece she needs, but... someone ripped out that page." She closed the book before looking up. "Are you sure you;re all prepared for that?"

4. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Koa sighed again as Finlay about his title. "I understand but right now, if you keep on like that, the enemy will find us and hunt us down. We don't have much of a plan so I would like to avoid conflict. Just listen to me and stay quiet when I tell you." He looked back at Lyn before saying one last thing to him. "And that wasn't a request." He looked at Lyn as she demanded their attention. Finlay had then barked back at her. "Finlay! What did I just say?! Let Lyn speak and stay quiet until I tell you to!!" He took a deep breath before Lyn continued. She went on to discuss means of ridding Nequa. She went on about how she was banished before and was to be locked up by someone name Krowley. Lyn had then begged to let her join the group. Koa nodded his head. Lyn then asked if they were all prepared. "Lyn....We're prepared to do what needs to be done. Though I can't trust one hundred percent but I am willing to give you forty percent. So, what do we have to do?"

5. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

"Ah, he does?" Dastgir gave a small smile towards Koa. At least he wasn't alone in that regard, but Dastgir decided not to press for details. Luckily, Finlay was interrupted from finishing the details of the woman he preferred. A woman approached the party and that immediately put Dastgir on the defense. He crossed his arms and watched her, hearing Finlay call her a witch. The woman then spoke of defecting from Nequa and wanting to get rid of her, so Dastgir was at least able to agree with her on that. Though she did warn them about their entry point. "Charlie wasn't exactly a tough opponent. He was strong, but I know there are stronger." Dastgir pointed out. "If we must go against this Oliver Manson, then I see no way to avoid it."

Rydia chimed in and began to question Finlay and his tactics of being quite energetic. Dastgir smirked and looked at Rydia. "And here I was thinking you didn't care about us." he teased.

Koa was now the appointed leader and honestly, Dastgir had no problems with it. They were joined by a newcomer and Dastgir immediately wrote down a couple of notes. He managed to make out her name from her introducing herself to Koa. Dawn was a nice name, so he knew he'd remember it. The woman went on a tangent about Nequa, explaining her origin and what they would need to rid the worlds of her once more. One last question was asked of the group and Dastgir shrugged. "I am a knight, I protect." he said. "I am not backing down. Right leader?" he looked upon Koa. Koa refereed to the woman as Lynn so at least Dastgir could put that in his journal.

"Koa, I agree with you on this forty percent thing. It is wise to be cautious, so I say we advance carefully and assess our situations and surroundings as we go forward. In doing so, we may figure out a way to rid the worlds of this wicked Nequa for good." Dastgir spoke, trying to at least show confidence in their party.

6. Krowley Moderator

Lynn nodded. "Brace yourselves. Hotel isn't known for his leniency..." she said, before leading them onward.

Meanwhile, back in Nequa's lair...

"****!" ****!" Alex said, punching a wall. "Nequa's gonna kill me. Stupid friggin... AAAHHH!" He said, angrily punching the wall again.
    "Probably, yeah." Luther replied, leaning across from him. He seemed distant and uninterested.
    "Easy for you to say, you got your target! If I'm going down for this, I'm gonna pin it on your gal pal! She's the whole reason I got screwed over!"
    "Oh right, yeah I'm sure Nequa will just let you off the hook if you tell her 'oh it wasn't my fault'" Luther replied.
    "Oh go eat a-" Before Alex could reply, Nequa strolled into the room.

"Boy boys, play nice now... You keep trying to hurt my hideout, I might get angry," she said, her helmet removed to reveal Aqua's face.
    With a small gulp, Alex nodded. Nequa then turned her attention to Luther. "So from what I've seen you got rid of the small one I take it?"
    "That's right. I imagine it would've been a lot harder without the element of surprise."
    "Naturally, I'm sure taking out a little girl must have been hard work for a man of your talents Victor," she replied with a hint of sarcasm.
    "Not so much her as the giant ice golem next to her. Didn't really seem the type to fall for a feint."
    "So it seems..." Nequa turned back to Alex. "And from what I saw X-Ray, things got a little out of control on your end."
    "It wasn't my fault!" he blurted out. "Fox girl got-"
    Nequa raised her hand to silence him as she stared with her bright glowing eyes. "When we make mistakes, we don't make excuses... We make adjustments. Foxtrot is sitting with the Black coats as we speak and that could work towards our advantage. Besides, I'm not going to kill you just yet," she playfully tapped his nose. "Your tracking ability is almost invaluable to me. And to ensure it doesn't happen again, I'll make sure you and Luther stay well acquainted with each other." She turned to Luther. "Is that a problem?"

Luther gave Nequa a small smirk and a shrug "Not for me, at least." He said smugly.
    Alex grimaced in his direction.
    "Speaking of which, I owe you a keyblade don't I?" With an effortless wave of her hand, Luther received his keyblade. "How is it like?"
    "Hm, man you can really just pass these things out, can't you?" Luther said, examining the blade up and down
    "Little foxtrot will get hers in due time. For now, I have a special recon mission for the two of you... I want you to find our little mole in the SOS group."
    "Oh? You really have ears everywhere," Luther repied.
    "Where they matter," she chuckled.
    "What do you want us to when we find him.. or her? We don't even know who this mystery person is," Akex shrugged.
    "They're my lucky charm I guess. Everything's gone according to plan with this person. When you find them report back. Just recon. Understood?"
    "That's a little vague. I'm all for finding them, but how are we supposed to know who it is, or even where they are?" Luther added.
    "I suppose that's fair," Nequa shrugged. "The one you're looking for is named..."

--------------------------------------------------------

[VOLUME 1]
    - CHAPTER XII -
    DEARLY BELOVED

Lynn had led the group to Manson Manor. The Mansion was enormous. She turned to the rest of her group. "Find the portal back to the realm of light. That's our only job. I don't want anyone else to die here..."

7. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Dawn found herself sitting back and listening to the conversations back and forth and the awkward arguing of the group. She kept her mouth shut and just listened before following them through the portal, into the manor that they were apparently heading to. "If we just need to find this portal, should we split up into smaller groups, survey and meet back. If we come across someone we don't engage as to not pick a fight we can't win? I get the sense that some of you might be confident in your skills, but I don't think it is wise to test them here, this isn't our territory it is someone else's." Dawn pointed out as she looked back to the others, her mind working, thinking about how they were to go about this. "Well shall we?"

8. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Dastgir gazed upon the mansion, furiously writing in his journal. Dawn suggested they split up, to which Dastgir nodded in agreement. "Yes, that sounds like a good idea. We meet back here in the foyer so long as we do not get discovered. No engaging in enemies, we simply ignore them and try to find an alternate route. That means not everyone needs to fight, Finlay." Dastgir chuckled. "I jest. In any case, how shall we split up?" he asked. He was previously stuck with Rydia, so he was not ready to be stuck with her once more. Especially since she was adamant of just kind of being there, using them to get out.

9. Krowley Moderator

Lynn took a small dark piece of charcoal from the ground and began to draw a crude blueprint of the manor on the ground in front of them. "The house is very large, but there are three main sections to the building." She quickly circled the areas she had drawn. "On the basement floor, there's the laboratory. It's as advanced as the one where you were fighting Nequabots. HOTEL is very secretive, so we never really knew what ending up happening down there. We might be able to use something down there, so it's worth a look. Who knows what he's experimented on..." She circled the next main area on the first floor. "The main floor is simple enough like any mansion. Large staircases and marble floors and such. One thing that could be of usefulness is an orb Nequa asked him to keep. We CAN'T leave without getting this orb. It's the key to her defeat." She the circled the top floor of the building she drew. "Lastly is the Hangar on the roof. If there's any place that could show where the gateway to light is, it's there. Not to mention we can nab a vessel to travel from world to world." She dusted the dirt off her knees before looking to Koa. So how do you wanna split it up, leader?"

Elsewhere...

Vanitas walked through a corridor of darkness with Ventus limply hanging over his shoulder. He quickly through the boy onto the ground with little care or worry as he walked towards a man he was meant to meet with. The man in front of him was Sho Minamimoto. "What the factor took so long? So did you get what I asked for?"
    Vanitas tossed the small portable drive at Sho as he caught it in his hand. "More trouble than it's worth," Vanitas replied.
    Sho quickly lifted up up his glove to reveal a watch before plugging the drive into it, he writhed in pain for a moment as if someone just pricked his wrist. His eyes went from their normal state into flashing bright blue numbers of ones and zeroes. Taking quick exhale, Sho was relieved. "There... that'll stop those pesky yoctograms from tracking me." He placed his glove over his chest again before explaining himself. "Soon as Megumi found me out, I had to make a quick exit. So long as I'm code though, no one from that garbage world will be able to find me," he slyly cheered.
    "Don't care," Vanitas replied. "Do you have what I asked for?"
    Sho smirked before holding a small orb of darkness between his two fingers. "Took a lot of tweaking, but I managed to zone in on the high frequency of the darkness from this thing...." Sho was holding in his fingers, the Remnant. The same energy that corrupted Aux and gave him all that power. Sho placed the small piece on the tip of his thumb before flicking it at Vanitas. "Don't see how it's much use to you. Once you form with your better half, that thing is Zetta useless."
    Vanitas looked at the orb before looking back at Ventus. "His body remains, but his heart left his body. It's the only reason I haven't re-fused with him yet. All I wanted to do was forge the X-Blade... And now I have no choice but to find another way to do that."
    Adjusting his hat, Sho began to walk off. "Well, good luck with that. If you don't mind, I'm going to enjoy the the magic of Taboo psycho-animation!" His hands quickly glitched as he walked off.

"Wait..." Vanitas said before Sho fled. "There's another reason I did what you asked. You seem strong. Strong is what we're all about. You could call this a last minute recruitment I guess."
    Sho laughed as he held his gut. "You're out of your vector! I know all about your little hellfire club. A bunch of wannabe villains. Thanks for the offer but I'll pass. Besides, joining would be subtracting from my arts and crafts time. But uhh... good luck getting members for your little club!"

"That's not what I meant. The group I'm referring to isn't a club. More like... an organization. And it includes finishing that game you had in Shibuya."
    Sho turned to face Vanitas as he grinned. "Now THAT sounds like my kinda vector..."

10. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Koa looked around the mansion to get a feel of his surroundings. "Keep your up guard guys." Lynn had then turned to the group and explained each of the floors. Koa listened intently as Lynn explained. He placed a hand under his chin to ponder how they were going to split up. Once Lynn finished, she turned to Koa. "So how do you wanna split it up, leader?" Koa was silent for a few moments as he thought to himself. The hangar is where we mainly want to be so maybe we should have a group up there to keep watch on it. Another group will have to look at the laboratory and see what they can find. The last group will have to be on the main floor and find that orb. Koa looked at each person before squatting down and pointing to the blue print. "Alright. Here's how it's going to go. We're going to split into groups of three. Each group will take a floor." He looked up at each one before pointing back to the blueprint. "Group 1 will be on the main floor. Group 2 will be in the laboratory. Group 3 will be in on the hangar." Koa looked back up and then gave them their group assignments. "Group 1 will be myself, Lynn, and Vallus. We'll be looking for the orb and then Lynn and Vallus will make their way to the hangar while I wait for Group 2." He paused before looking at the next group. "Group 2 will be Dawn, Melus, and Rydia. You guys will be looking around the laboratory, see if anything is off and do NOT touch anything. Once you guys are finished, you'll meet me back on the main floor and we'll head up to the hangar where Group 3 will be." Koa turned his head to the last group before giving them their instructions. "Aeira, Finlay, and Dastgir. You guys are going to be going up to the hangar and secure a mode of transportation. You'll guard the hangar until the rest of us get there." Koa looked to the group as a whole. "We need to make sure our guard is up 100%. Sound like a plan to everyone?"

11. CrownMoksha Decimo

Vallus took a look at the two he had been grouped up with and while there were no feelings of relief or anything to that nature, the fact that he had been put into the same group as Koa was a benefit in some way. Lynn, on the other hand, he was still unsure about. More importantly was the supposed orb they were supposed to find. He had a hard time seeing how something so simple could be the key to defeating Nequa. "Fine by me." Was all Vallus had said before returning to his usual silence.

12. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Dawn nodded to the so called leader of the group. She wasn't entirely sure why she came here at Karina's call agreeing to help. Clearly she wasn't needed, and Dawn wasn't too sure about her new powers either, but she supposed anything was better than waiting at home. It scared her, to have left, but she tucked that fear deep into her heart away from the sight of the people around her. "Alright lets go, see what we can find, and don't worry we won't touch anything." After all she had started talking about the plan, she could sure as hell follow it, she didn't need to be reminded. Keeping her guard up, Dawn started to walk towards the stairs down. She didn't look forward to finding out what was in that lab, but she would do what she had to in order to get them out, then she could figure out what she wanted to do with the mess that Karina had left her.

13. Krowley Moderator

[​IMG]

Finlay nodded, before cracking his knuckles, before pulling his leg back in front of the door. With a powerful kick, Finlay pushed the doors wide open to a seemingly empty house. It was near spotfless on the inside. "Aye.... yah figure a rich man would be able to afford some service! Where's the class? Where's the mountain of ale?! WHERE'S THE MOUNTAIN OF ALE, ICE MAN?!" He yelled at Dastgir, looking around at the hallow entrance. The room was a blend of marble and varnish, with expensive looking paintings and architecture that painted the walls, His eyes fell on the elevator as he tried to kick it down. The metal clank was heard as it ricocheted his foot backwards. "OYE! What kinda door doesn't open for Finlay's boot?!"

14. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Dastgir gave a nod, knowing he was made for this sort of thing. After all, he was always the guard back on his world. He gave Koa a nod and followed after Finlay, ready to write down anything he noticed on their way to the hanger. Finlay did his best and was able to knock down the first door. Once inside, it was apparent how clean this place was and how fancy the owner thought he was. "Finlay, we ought to not make much noise if we want this infiltration and information gathering mission to go smoothly." he commented, watching the man try and kick an elevator door. Blinking, he glanced at Finlay and back to the door. He then pressed a button on the wall, calling the elevator. "Finlay, this is an elevator...a lift of sorts. It takes you between levels of a building." he informed the brash man.

15. Krowley Moderator

[​IMG]

"Well, then lets get a movin' then!" He pushed the button on the elevator and shoved Dastgir inside. "If yer such a smarty pants, then you can operate this flat ironed, cage-like beast," He turned his head to try and find Aeira. "Yah comin' punchy fist?" There was silence as she was nowhere to be found. "Punchy fists?" He repeated as the door closed in front of him, Aeira no where in sight. "Wonder what happened to the lass.. Maybe she got cold feet." There was a slight jazzy tune in the area of the elevator, before the viking turned to Dastgir. "Alright Dastgir... now whot?!"

-------------------------------------------------------

BASEMENT LAB

Dawn, Melus, and Rydia were led downstairs to the sub level, with Rydia skulking the area and Melus staying suspiciously quiet. the lab was filled with many an odd assortment of gadgets and test tubes. The most disturbing parts being the human sized pods and the large containers with human hearts contained within them. Nothing much useful was there for the group aside from a pair of comm links the group could use in case they ever got separated. The atmosphere in the sub-basement felt off though.. As if someone else was there with them...

-----------------------------------------------------

MAIN FLOOR

Koa, Lynn and Vallus followed the staircase upstairs. where they found a statue of a beautiful woman on the main floor. There was an essence of grace to her, looking as if she was dancing. A beautiful memory, frozen in time almost. Lynn scanned the room quickly, making sure there was nobody else there to disturb them. She moved delicately past the woman with flowers at her feet and began slowly moving objects. "I know he's hidden it somewhere in here... Everyone try moving things to activate his secret safe room. It's gotta be a book... or maybe behind a painting? I don't know..." she spoke aloud, almost discouraged they wouldn't find it. "If we don't find that little piece of magic, Nequa will be able to reach her full power..."