Implemented [bd] Tag Me

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Technic☆Kitty, Apr 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

So, I thought this might be a neat little feature/add-on for the site. I'd like to let other people know, easily, when I'm referencing them. For instance if I were to reference Amaury right now, he wouldn't know (well he would because he's Amaury, but still).

It's not important, but does anyone else think this might be fun/useful to have?

[bd] Tag Me

2. Llave Superless Moderator

so basically you can input a code for letting people know you talked about them in a thread? Seems interesting, but I would fear it could be abused like the [you] tags we had before.

3. Plums Wakanda Forever

I remember looking at that add on a while back, lmao.

Anyway, I could definitely see the merits of this. It'd be a noice way to remind people to check on things and such. However,

this is a concern. People might use it to call others out in a not so good way, and it'd be pretty messy. I'd be fine with it if we could somehow limit it down to certain things (e.g. you can only use this for a project/collab thing you're running). Though if it's stressed that this is only to be used constructively and not calling out people/using it too many times to try & get attention, it could be useful.

I'm not sure, other opinions would be cool.

4. Llave Superless Moderator

Well even if you were using it to remind people for events, you could just do that personally. I know that may seem less... convenient? but it's still a sure way.

5. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Well, that's a problem with any add-on (or most, rather). I'm afraid the only way, currently, to limit the use would be to take use of the permissions system of Xenforo. Sadly, you'd either have to create a whole user group just for this or grant permissions individually, really not hard but it's pointless. I'd say just let users know not to abuse the system, because you can always take away a single users permissions for the add-on if they cause trouble.

Like I said above. Individual permissions can be stripped if needed with a few simple clicks.

6. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    I dont think it'd have an issue of being used to call out people, if you were gonna call them out, you'd find a way that's only slightly less convenient than tagging them.

I think it'd be handy, the thought came to me minutes ago when I mentioned a member in a thread, and thought to myself, "hmm, wonder if he'll even see this?" With the tag feature I'd know that he's at least informed.

I dont see this as a tool to call people out easier, more so one to let people know about a thread faster.

7. Chevalier Crystal Princess

I think this too. It's super convenient and just lets you skip a step whenever you're calling someone to a thread. Plus, I think it can also be used to remind people of things, as opposed to just making a big convo to inform a big group of people about a thread they need to go to, ect.

If someone abuses it, we throw the book at them. I personally feel that the benefits outweigh the possibilities of abuse. That's just me, though.

8. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

This^ It's actually quite easy to revoke certain privelages of individual members in the ACP. Maybe a single warning then a revoking of privileges to tagging. Also, and I don't know about you, but if I'm calling someone out It'd probably be over a discussion in which I'm going to quote them, so they'll get the alert anyway. I can honestly say I've never "called" anyone out before out of the blue. I've never just said, "Okay, today I'm going to be super mean to this user." That's just me though, I don't know about everyone else.

Anywho, still think it's a useful feature and it'd be fun to try/have.

9. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

My thoughts exactly. +1.

10. Jayn

Glad you've suggested this, I've been meaning to bring it up, too. I think it's a neat feature and I can see myself putting it to good use. It would save me some trouble of constantly having to search my name up to see who's addressing me, as well. Anyone who abuses it will be punished, and if it's widely abused -- like [you], it can be removed. Ain't no thang, in my honest opinion.

I think part of the reason [you] was so hectic was because it was entirely confusing, lol.

Anyway, +1 support.

11. Misty gimme kiss

I've kept quiet about this for a while but now that it's official: tagging functionality will be in the core for Xenforo 1.2. I don't know when it will be out (and please don't ask), and we may not adopt it right away (it's a fairly major change and will require some prep), but it'll be in there. So I don't want to add a third-party mod for it right now.

For now just quoting someone will have to do ~

12. Plums Wakanda Forever

And it's here.
    _戦意喪失

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.