BBS HD Secret Episode - A Question of Knowledge

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by KeybearerofSea, Feb 8, 2015.

1. KeybearerofSea Merlin's Housekeeper

So, something is bothering me. While I am loving the secret episode (Realm of darkness is cool) It bugs me that Aqua seems to not know that the creatures she is fighting are Heartless. I mean, can it be that Master Eraqus never told Aqua, Terra or Ven of them? Wouldn't that be something you'd pass on during training? I know that some things are only revealed to masters but I can't believe this is one of them.

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

with the exception of the Neoshadows MX sent after Ventus, Heartless weren't even a thing during the time of BBS, so I wouldn't expect most people to know what they even are.

3. KeybearerofSea Merlin's Housekeeper

True. But I guess my point was that they'd at least have some knowledge of the heartless as like something you'd read about in a text book while in school. You know like "classification of creatures of darkness 101" :)

4. KHOmega Destiny Islands Resident

Eraqus has probably never encountered the Heartless himself before, and if he did, he wouldn't have wanted to frightened Terra, Ventus, or Aqua. As said, they weren't even really a thing outside the Realm of Darkness, where of course, they roamed free there. Since Xehanort was so accustomed to the darkness, he had the power to summon them.

5. Patman Bof

There probably was no knowledge on the matter. If memory serves historically the keyblade warriors institution (if you can call two teachers an institution) has shown quite a lack of interest for darkness-related topics. The scales had been tipping on the side of light for quite a while, so it was considered superfluous. It' s precisely what drove Xehanort away and prompted him to take the matter in his own hands.

6. KeybearerofSea Merlin's Housekeeper

That's a very good point. I mean, I knew he left to learn more of the Keyblade War but I should of considered this point as a factor. It actually kind of bugs me that so little of the darkness was/is known. I mean, If it was, then maybe the worlds wouldn't so easily fall to it when a crazed villain pops up. lol

7. hakamdeebad Merlin's Housekeeper

Aqua was still able to identify them as Creatures of the Darkness and she was able to differentiate between the Unversed and Heartless. She might have not known the technical term, but she was able to deduce that the creatures she's fighting are on a whole different level than the Unversed, and for a person who was never taught about the Heartless and such, I'd say that's a pretty impressive feat for such a young Keyblade Master like Aqua and says a lot about her intellect. Like the others, I'd agree on the fact that there was no need to learn about the Heartless because they were almost nonexistent during that period of time.