Traditional Art Battle Of The Brave (Devil Survivor 2 Vector Render)

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Laplace, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

[​IMG]

I don't know where to post this, I made it purely on Photoshop and it isn't technically a drawing made from my mind soo... Anyways if a staff feels like moving it please do so.

Who wants some Vector Art?

Original render: http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z193/twilith_master/Signatures/LPs DigiArts Vectors and such/DS2Original.png

For those who can't grasp it (I won't blame you), I took this picture, colored all over it, part by part, and remade it using only the original image as a guide (No copy-pasting parts, just using the same colors).

I may be horrible at drawing from the mind but when it comes to copying stuff even I don't believe myself. c:

This literally took me 100 layers and several hours to do so please give me CnC.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  2. Cherry Berry Chaser

Oh my GODDDDDDD THIS IS AMAZING AND DEVIL SURVIVOR 2 TOO?!

Hey! I don't think you're horrible drawing from mind~ Seeing how you're drawing this on photoshop with a reference guide, I'm already finding that you're getting there with learning and potentially making some fantastic art work in the future!

If seeing this piece was anything, I'm quite excited for your potential in the future~

Alright so to start off, here's some CnC (since you did request it) c:

Colouring/Shading:
    One of the first things I have to commend you on, is the intricate level you went through to nearly replicating the original in its entirety.

There are still a few things that might need a bit more attention to, like a slight lack of hair shadings for example. You did get the darker bits down well, but as for some of the slightly lighter shades, it still needs a bit of that c:

Also I noticed that with some areas, namely around the left cheek and hair piece, it's slightly jaggedy and needs some filling in on/or softened up.

Last of all, I think you might be playing it a tad safe without blending some of the colours in, such as the area where the trouser crotchal regions are at.

Line:

I have almost no qualms with the lines, they've been done to an excellent level. However, I do think the lines on both arms need a bit strengthening up.

Oerall, I think you did fantastically 8)

3. Shuhbooty moon child

I have no CnC to be honest. I love art like this, I hate it when people go to overboard on shading or give to much color, it washes the whole image out. I think you did a fabulous job, and I really do love it. Keep on learning, and keep up the good work. ~

4. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

Aww, thank you so much for your words! I am actually THAT horrible at drawing from the mind, but I am kind of terribad when it comes to faces (Which why I always start with that when copying)

Yeah the hair feels kind of... Plastic? With the current slight highlights (They are barely noticable but they are there), so I did not want to overwork that part just to play it safe incase it would of end of looking worser.

Yeah the pants were a nightmare to work with, so many layers of shading. <_<

Yeah I admit the lines on his arms were lazily done, part of me just wanted to be done with this as it was my first vector on a long time.

Anyways, thank you a lot, your critique shall be wisely used to improve my future pieces or maybe this one if I feel like looking back at it.

Thank you! I've been thinking about doing drawing classes again but I had no luck contacting the place where I used to go so far.

5. Shuhbooty moon child

Aweh I really hope you get in contact with them soon! D: Art is a blissful thing and it cannot be ignored! >:o @Laplace

6. Cherry Berry Chaser

I understand the feel with too many layers orz :c *hugs* But honestly, asides from the CnC mentioned as areas of improvement, I really really love the piece you did c':

It's pretty hard to get lines straight or just right, but with a little bit of practice I'm sure you'll do very well c:

Believe me, I know this from experience c': More you practice, more you'll find yourself perfecting your own skills for art c: